The US wants a big war to pull itself out of economic free fall. That will be one objective, the other equally pressing objective is the same IED-pockmarked Neocon objective you've been seeing unfold, wading through blood in the streets to usurp the Mideast's oil supply. These objectives are not lost on our enemy brethren grouping together to figure out how to decouple from the dollar. You'd have to think they are prepared to leave the US out by any means. This is what greed, desperation, death and torture has wrought.
What do they think of when they think of American interests? They easily see the past decade as one huge collaring by noose of their sovereign lands. The truth of this story is in the geography. The problem appears as huge and complex, but simple when paralleled with maps of world resources. Have you noticed this? Have you noticed when the US goes in for the take, it never leaves and the corporatocracy emerges ruthlessly claiming shares, making laws, outfitting a decision-making body mirroring the lassitude of its own vested watchdogs ? It is the rush and grab of the last easy oil, more valued than diamonds or souls. Everything outta the way, here come the mercenaries and the miseries. It does not matter what historic value was held where, nothing is sacred when foreclosure is ordained. No tactic too harsh, too brutish, too under-handed, too dirty. Counterfeiting? That's nothing in these times, hey, its probably de rigeur. You can bet torture will show up carrying a carpetbag and camera phones too. Ahh, but worry not, they want you to know the US does not do white phosphorus.
You know I hate to get on this way. Looking at it is anguish. This isn't how we want to be. But we are just the little people observing, shut out if you will, while the war plans are acted on and the Earth combed clean of everything it needs to support life, not at gunpoint so much as at nuclear warhead, DU, UG99, pandemics, deforestation, overfishing, toxic waste dumping, toxic assets tranched into silk purses, demolition of pensions, demolition of faith ... Where does the US get the idea the remainder of the world is stupid? Maybe from its own citizenry who always fall into line with another deviant diversion, excuse and justification, more burgers, more slushys, more Pelosi, property taxes, bills, furloughs, bankruptcies, its a regular tinseltown Bonfire of the Vanities.
I am just not able to pretty up this picture, if you think I have it skewed, ask why are we in, uh, how many wars right now? Its all one war designed to keep a high living lifestyle afloat while the little people are chained below deck. Who's mother's son, who's father's daughter is next?
The real problem with this picture is the position it puts the rest of us into. It is more than clear we don't matter in this equation. Its like being caught in an argument you never meant to enter, you know who is right and who is wrong, but your input is the last thing they want. They are hell bent on seeing it through, each insisting on the moral high ground, witnesses, coalitions, courts and attacks and there you are, the taxi driver with a family, dying to get away from the fallout. If you want to get home, the one thing you must never do is use what any of them is doing to further your own agenda.
... If a man has some awareness of higher levels and knows that he is free to be anywhere in the universe, he may then seek to justify taking part in a physical game. The most self-flattering way to disguise his appetite is to see himself as a bringer of enlightenment, of purity, of virtue. No one, not even he, will question his motives and results: isn't he doing what he says he is doing? If others fail to reach his height, it's not his fault—and thus he keeps the game going forever. It's self-renewing as long as he is unwilling to see that his own vibrations emphasize the evil and ignorance he sees. The more he hates evil, the more evil there is to hate ... Thaddeus Golus, The Lazy Man's Guide to EnlightenmentBe aware of how it always works to no good end.
85 comments:
Well... Happy Bloomsday, anyway!
True...the gun phrase applies equally well to the carbarians/ American 'Happy Motorists': "If you want to take my car, you'll have to pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel!" Most are in total denial.
So many decades of MSM and gov't lies have made me cynical I know, yet you get to where you don't believe anything you hear so one tunes it ALL out. That's how they survived in the USSR. Like Iran -- when they hold up all those signs in English one wonders -- "Well is this the real deal, or is it another instance like the CIA-funded anti-Mossadegh demonstrations in 1953?
It's not even 'summer' yet and it's already 103F here. Yes, war and false flag ops on the horizon.
They are in denial because the media has put them there. If you live on pot pies, send in your car payment coupon, read the papers and watch only the major news stations while you're collecting unemployment, you'd probably think this was just a market dip. War, what war? Oh, you mean gittin' that ben ladin guy?
The $106 billion war war funding bill passed the House today ... The administration is seeking $130 billion for war funds in the fiscal year 2010 starting in October, down from about $143 billion this year and $183 billion in fiscal 2008, the CRS said ... Obama's original request last April was for about $83 billion, including $75.5 billion for defense purposes...
So they're either saving Iran until 2010 or counting on a supplemental since its gonna be a surprise.
Jj, this one's the real deal because the US has easily spent a humongous wad of money and energy fomenting. I don't know what would prevent this now except Medvedev himself giving a tour of Russia's weapons facilities.
wow. I just spent a few hours cleaning, polishing, and lubing an old Dual 1219 turntable for a friend in San Francisco... it was very meditative to just polish, clean, observe the fine swirls in the dustcover I'm trying to polish away by hand with Brasso and car polish. I felt pretty good. Then I come upstairs and see a bill from Macy's that includes a $29 late charge because we didn't pay the bill last month, I guess. Then I read this - far more serious. I'm being bled by Macy's, but huge numbers of people are about to be bled to death by our personally supported (if you pay taxes) Death Machine. We truly have become the Empire from Star Wars... our aircraft carriers are Death Stars. We have robotic flying drones that can kill from above. Our soldiers more and more resemble cloned Storm Troopers - the military is devising drugs to prevent the violence of war from affecting them.
Some say evil destroys itself in the end. Let's hope so... the kind of hope that is really just faith that something out there - natural law? God? Goddesses? Natural selection? - something out there was preordained to snuff this thing about before the whole forest burns down. Or maybe the forest needs to burn down for regeneration to occur.
One thing most people seem to want to avoid is this question of identification. With religion, nationality, etc... We are so easily convinced that somehow we are different than that fellow over there. We are better than they.
History is full of borders and beliefs and the fighting that goes with it. It's all imagination, it has no reality. How few see there is no division in the real world. We are all human beings, we are not Americans or Chinese or British. We are not Catholics or Atheists.
We are so indoctrinated and so lonely, we buy into the conditioning from birth.
We could have paradise here on earth, all humans could live in peace and abundance, and yet here we are, still fighting and buying into the BS. Who reading this, can see it and drop their particular belief?
You are not Americans, you are humans, can you drop that romantic image? Most can't and we will fight and kill and die and be led by the so called leaders who know damn well the game being played.
Seems to me that most people live in some kind of imaginary world, it must seem safe there, the world of concepts and images.
Maybe the real world is scary, so we hide behind pleasant images, that shield us from the harsh reality "out there".
Big mistake.
I'm leaning towards what you are implying here Nina, that the American game is about up, and what a shock for the head in the sand dreamers, who think this place is invincible. We will all suffer, but the dreamers will have an awakening that will destroy their silly world view, and that is sad indeed.
Those of us that are constantly trying to arm ourselves with real knowledge can not talk to them now, and there will be nothing to say later, pathetic situation really.
Publius, I'm quite sure Mother Nature has plans.
Which by the way, compounds the Crises.
Another thing you better believe they keep a close eye on.
They set up the debate exactly as Evolution vs Creationism, Terry Schiavo, Gay Marriage ... those seemed to work, why not debate junk vs. science and amp the % of the doubting public, separate the camps, pull some figures out of the air, publish poll findings.
The hyteria would be the cherry on top of the cake. At some point though, it will just be visible to us wherever we are. Its quite visible over the Amazon and its tributaries.
Entirely of their choosing, Dadnerd. I've always said they could have been heroes, but they were too afraid as individuals and as a group.
You might like this, I do. See "Paradise".
Thanks for that higher reminder. You are right of course.
beautiful paintings, I love that so called primitive art, is that what it's called :>)
Heh, I'd call it folk artish, but its more than simple, primitive is good.
If you told most americans today that we pulled out of Iraq and Afghanistan 6 months ago, the response would be "oh, I must have missed that".
It's also not just the military who look like storm troopers--check out your local police force, or county sheriff--the mentality of so many of them is that they can't wait to try the stuff on and walk through the streets, armed to the teeth--that is until someone takes a shot at them from a hillside 500 yards away--"hey wait, that wasn't in the propaganda, oops, I mean, training videos. I always like that foreign cops always have "POLICE" written in English on their backs for the newsreels here in the states--usually it's when they are beating the crap out of protesters--
Only about 1/4 inch of rain here in three weeks--that would be a lot of buckets of water to carry to water the garden--dodging the gangs as you went should the power go down and mayhem ensue.
I just thought that "whatever" would have happened by now--I just wonder what they keep waiting for--oh well.
We have been looking for apartments for our 18 year old in the college town to our north (25 min.)--there is nothing here in our town for young people except good weed and cheap heroin--there are dumps out there that should be condemned going for 500-600 a month--guess with all the foreclosures, they can get that kind of money--- I told him to watch out for neighborhoods where you see a lot of 30-40 year old men drinking beer on the porches during the day--high crime areas and getting your stuff ripped off by your "neighbors"--lot's of vehicles up on blocks waiting for this months welfare check to fix the brakes--oh hell, fuck the brakes, maybe we'll buy some steaks and drink some decent beer for tom'w we die--
All the same cars on the little "for sale" lot on the edge of town--more have joined them since I posted that last--
Still haven't been to any of the news sites in a while--that morbid curiosity hanging in there on the edge to go look and see what mayhem is about--same shit, different day I suppose--
Don't know if it's just me, but I have not been feeling "right" since they went over to the digital TV signal--still eating well, vitamins, activity, etc.--It's the only thing I can put my finger on that has changed--maybe just a mild case of paranoia.
Been reading Survival Acres linked by Nina--some interesting stuff over there from time to time--
In the news, if you waited to get your conversion box it may take 6 weeks to get your taxpayer funded coupon--death star in a box--strange happenings with TV's and even dvd's playing where the sound gets ahead of the picture, or visa-versa--
Throw in some chemtrails and I'll take mine shaken, not stirred--
Dadnerd, we all have one thing in common, be we "Americans" or any other label--we're all getting fucked by the same psychos--and if people figure that out, perhaps the tables may turn--just kidding--stupid is as stupid does--or in the case of americans, "doesn't"--
With the switch to digital, I would expect something to happen soon so that all the subliminals can be broadcast 24/7--then again, I have been saying stuff like that since 911--what a shitty way to live--if you can call it that--
It's fairly rare when I do think that way, but we shouldn't have to at all--
Time to clean the slate again and get back to living--
Jj
Continue the slow burn with a bit of false flag terror thrown in?
The slow burn grinds on regarding lack of meaningful employment, slow wars in stalemate, crumbling infrastructure to nowhere--they don't seem to be in a hurry to do anything--
They have the poor filling the boots they need on the ground--throw in some former middle class kids to round it out--don't piss off the upper middle class by a draft though--
I just don't see the 911 rah rah working again--it'll be "not my kid" when all the crosses have been draped in flags, before and after--
Is this it? Is the slow burn and grind the way of the day?
I don't know. Just throwing in some food for thought--
Look forward to all of your comments and guesses.
Jj
A great resource for books and knowledge we may need:
http://cumberlandbooks.com/
My guess? Whatever it is, it will be shocking to the man in the street. To my brother... I was shocked to learn that he said he's got to go on a budget in July, because his sales are way down. Companies/factories he serves are shutting down for 6 weeks this summer, instead of just a few weeks. He's a chemical salesman, commission only.
Not too many weeks ago, he bought a new $3K carbon-fiber mountain bike without blinking an eye. He thinks I'm a subversive for predicting no recovery. He thinks many things, mainly negative, about my desire to not participate in the economy more than necessary for subsistence, unless it is truly an enterprise that I both love and that does some good in the world. He's also a triathlon type.
I don't know about all these marathoners and triathletes I know - our neighbors are such. Good neighbors, generally, but they spend thousands per year on the races (entry fees, equipment, training, etc.).
They have a 2 year old son. The father lost his job late last year, and their income is way down. They bought their house at the top of the bubble, and have just undertaken a multi-thousand dollar renovation of the basement.
I'm meandering... main point: I don't even bother talking about my views of the economy, environment, oil resources, politics... there is nothing but a blank stare. They think I'm nuts. The wife's mother runs a long-running (30 years!) cable show on local cable access. I offered to do a show or series of shows on peak oil and the coming collapse (slow or fast? interesting debate it would be).
No response. Now I just say hi to her (the cable-show host), and don't talk about anything but the weather.
The wife/mother complained the other night about how much work her three tomato plants are.
That's enough random observations. Thanks for your forbearance.
If I can't eat it, wear it, shoot it, or build with it--I don't buy it. We actually have new clothes sitting in the closets we bought when they still made clothes that would last past the first washing/drying. Extra boots, insulated coveralls--even bought a lower priced table saw last week to refurbish some furniture and make some repairs--
We stopped talking to folks years ago--they just don't get it, and don't want to like they won't talk to someone with cancer because they think somehow they might get it through osmosis--
Just maintaining our low profile--tea party noise I made was a mistake that I learned from---
We're on our own, and that's the way it is--doesn't bother me in the least--no whiners or leeches need apply--
Jj
Jj, I think how slow or how rapidly we experience the effects of the Crash depends on our place in the scheme. Its foreign to me to use words like up or down to describe our places, but for this purpose we'll use graphspeak. Those at the lowest levels of the social strata feel it urgently, they were and remain the easy targets, ie; the less you have to lose, the faster it goes. Realistically, the only chart that logically mirrors our overall condition is the Bell Curve. This tells us we've passed Peak and are sliding down the far side of the Bell, the slide's velocity multiplies times distance from Peak.
I think a slow crash is worse in the way it allows debate over reality that is not debatable. Any debate about our situation comes straight from false desire.
If you have an RV, let your son use it. If you do not, some parks will have rentals. The community in some parks watch out for each other. Look around for a decent one and get on the waiting list if necessary.
Here's some more logic. There is not enough money for the US to do what it does beyond its borders. There is not enough to start a new war or to keep up the current ones. There isn't enough money for the state of California to function and very quickly citizens are going to be made aware a lot more states are bankrupt.
It does not make sense to waste your entire nation only to make war on others.
Because it does not make sense is exactly why people do not see the reality of the situation.
"The circumstance of existence, in and of itself, is disheartening. That is why it is necessary to do art. Art is an essential response to the conditions of existence, a means by which limitations are transcended, Reality is Realized,Truth is Realized, Light is found. Without that activity--there is nothing but this intrusion of changes and death. Participation in an art form should be at least as great as that art form. Art should change you. That is the whole purpose of it. True art heals. True art restores equanimity. Art must regenerate the sense of well-being. That is its true purpose. When art is really useful, it serves this ultimate process of healing, well-being, higher sympathy, and Spiritual Awakening."
Quoted for the benefit of those that read here.
I do not understand this posting software. Sometimes, when I comment, my posting appears right away. Other times, I repost it several times, both using and bypassing the edit step to try to get it to appear. Sometimes this works, sometimes it disappears. I gave up trying to post at les visible and nobody because of this, I could not tell if I was being censored or the software was not reliable or zionist gremlins were at work or what. If anyone can throw light on this matter, please do.
Its perfect and timely that you posted it here.
I do not have the comment moderation feature activated, so comments are seen immediately after they are made.
When you have a google account, they make you sign-in before your comment is previewed. But if you don't go through the preview step, your comment will be published right away.
More nonsense.
Nina - my love, I must disagree with the assertion that we have wasted our "nation to make war onthers". We have done no such thing. Our nation has been being destroyed from within for 95, almost 96 years now. The modus operandi of private central banks is to confiscate the wealth of the people through the continual devaluation of their spending instrument. The Fed has reached the end of their ability to devalue so everyone in Congress is spending like a drunken sailor on a 3-day shore pass. They've known the end of the dollar was coming, that's why they increased spending so much, and produced so many super bubbles in such a short time. That is also why they established the FEMA camps, the civilian inmate labor programs, and the dept of homeland stupidity. They are hoping to create a safety net and emerge on the other side as an equilateral power in the coming world government. This of course, can only happen after the next massive global conflict (also the MO of central banks). Remember this --- just because we're broke, doesn't mean we cant wage war. The weapons are already paid for.
Hi NOTA, very good, just because we have weapons doesn't mean we'll emerge victorious. Having weapons without the moral high ground is what we're already doing. Since we'll be doing it again, and this time with the Bondholders in a double bind knowing the US is financing its Energy wars with unpayable debt and knowing their dollar purchasing is participation in conflicts they would never support directly, there will be unimaginable horrors to come. At what point does an "enemy" decide they've had enough? And where and what shape would that take?
What I'm seeing is these "crises", all of them really, are debt crises. Now the people who invested in US debt are trying to untangle themselves from this bind. To stay in our wars and wage new ones would be like going into battle dependent on your shylocks to join you. But the shylocks hold the cards this time because you have no way to repay them for their investments anymore.
If the US keeps turning its infrastructure into assets to secure creditlines for war, we could be under a variety of flags in the near future.
(When human beings can see the racist fallacy of national boundaries, we'll be a lot better off.)
Nina - so long as people retain the base desires of greed, lust, and self-interest the world will be as it is now. Some nations are better than others (this one is not, but the ideal behind it's design is solid).
Sidenote to Jj:
Check your email and share your thoughts here please. I can't cut & paste the words for some reason, or I would post it here. It's from a magazine called the dot connector. 16Feb09 article about (and titled) "HuLu, a quantum leap in mind control"
***************
my word is "hymingo" - does that mean we're being screwed?
I need to qualify that last statement. "This one is not" this country is still, though quite f*cked up, better than most other alternatives. Their is a long history of mistakes, and many more piling up at a breakneck pace, but that does nothing to change the fundamental ideal of equal liberty and the natural rights of man.
Jj: HuLu - the first commercial for this site showed alec baldwin entering a secret lab and stating that hulu was run by reptiles bent on world destruction - and that it "would turn your brain to mush, because that's how we like it"
Stacy: ...better than most other alternatives...
Well, if you're talking about banana dictatorships, sure, but we're getting close enough to smell the peels. It was a great plan destroyed in the wrong hands. I saw it playing out on the streets under Clinton. All it took after that was Bush to quaint it. I know it depends on what you are looking for, and where you look, but I've lived in places where it was a lot easier and less dangerous.
Response to NOTA
educate-yourself comes up with some pretty random stuff. they have some good info mixed in with some off the wall stuff like rense. Not sure about the Baldwin stuff but I have no doubt that the new TV signals and frequencies are made to mind control folks--I refuse to watch it-- I have felt "off" since they started the new digital signal and that's just from what is going through the air--they also have been using the flicker approach to TV for a while-what I mean is that the camera angles and shots change so quickly, it makes you nauseous and tense while you're watching it---We have also had people tell us that their new TV's turn on and off by themselves, and that they change the channels all on their own--
I have used an elf/vlf meter on these TV's and I can tell you they are pumping out the waves into the room--I would love to get my hands on a frequency monitor and find out what frequencies they are using--there was also a story in a mainstream newspaper from a while back that the FCC raided some guys house because his TV was sending out an EPIRB (emergency) signal--You tell me how a transmitter gets put in a TV that broadcasts that kind of signal? Why would there even be such a part on the assembly line at the manufacturer--even in the same building?
These things are bad all over--no doubt
In the event of an emergency, stay away from your TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We keep a shortwave receiver and a cb radio that I can hook up to a jump start battery box--the kind you use for jump starting your battery--also has places to plug in cig lighter adapters and even runs low power AC items--that will let you know what is going on in your area, and that will be your only concern--
I would love to get one of those euro scanners that does 800 and 900 mghz but they are illegal to get---some of them come with a frequency counter that can home in on close by frequencies and let you monitor--maybe I'll put it on the wish list.
Jim (Jj)
I have always wondered if we even have those bombs and missiles we paid for--think about it--pentagon "missing" 2.3 trillion, etc. Patriot missile batteries missing everything in sight in the "good" iraq war--I don't think half this shit even works or they have so very few that they are almost meaningless--all these satellites and we can't even find a roadside bomb or folks living in caves--but we can read a matchbook cover from 200 miles up--bullshit I say--I see a big paper tiger--
They don't even have many replacement parts for the tanks, planes, etc--like the russian missile silos being filled with water and rotting missiles rusted and not even able to launch--
Then again, my concern is some 19 year old running up the driveway with his M-16 straight out of indoctrination from bootcamp and cranked up on Pfizer made crank or meth--
Heck, the Nat'l Guard is flying stuff from the Vietnam war for gods sake--
Tanks and Bradleys take about 10 hours of maintenance for every hour they are used--the armed forces are running on empty--
For that reason, I think that a show of force--live and in color of some poor bastards getting the shit blown out of them by Apache and Blackhawk's will be coming to a TV screen near you--maybe a Tomahawk Missile tossed from somewhere 5 states away liquidating some home grown terrorists--lol
Keeps the rest of the dogs from straying out of their own yards--
They just don't have the juice to command it all---but they do control the media and probably have the DVD's on the shelf to hand out to the networks for your broadcasting pleasure--don't believe anything you see when that time comes--it's all hollywood--all you need be concerned about is what is over the next hill or happening on the next block--
Have a nice day!!!!
Jj
Amazing Jj. But I see your point.
We get told things, read things, its what we are not told or not allowed to read that is the truth. We waste a lot of time speculating, hypothesizing scenarios and then it turns out to be worse that anything we imagined.
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!
Yeah, the Howdy Doody deal for $106bn
was the last straw. Bidnis as usual, folks, nothing gonna change.
But on the other hand, folks, where there is ayahuasca, there is hope! I'm returning, and what I saw, well, wasn't hopeless. Suffice it to say things are going to get a helluva lot worse, but they aren't going to stay down there. How could they?? The laws of thermodynamics and all.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWfHTIg2XEw&
NR=1
(that's a capital 'I' after the HT, not a lower-case 'L')
Jj:
1/4" rain in 3 wks.you say.
Howzabout 3/10" rain in 10 weeks?
The poor plants don't like the gypsum
well water, but if the Palestinians can grow olives and tomatoes with the salty water the Israelis grudgingly relegate to them, why can't I? Tomatoes and peppers arise prolifically in spite of themselves, down here in 103F West Texas. No, no luck with the leafy veggies like Mrs. Obama harvested today for her schoolkids, but a lot of MEXICAN VEGETABLES. Let's don't completely write off Howdy Doody... could you imagine Laura Bush with an organic veggie garden -- or even Michelle's persuading the reptilian QE2 to do likewise at Buckingham Palace (as she has done)?
So many roads; so many false starts.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfGD94CchJU
Universal Soldier - Buffy Sainte-Marie:
He's five feet two and he's six feet four
He fights with missiles and with spears
He's all of 31 and he's only 17
He's been a soldier for a thousand years
He's a Catholic, a Hindu, an atheist, a Jain,
a Buddhist and a Baptist and a Jew
and he knows he shouldn't kill
and he knows he always will
kill you for me my friend and me for you
And he's fighting for Canada,
he's fighting for France,
he's fighting for the USA,
and he's fighting for the Russians
and he's fighting for Japan,
and he thinks we'll put an end to war this way
And he's fighting for Democracy
and fighting for the Reds
He says it's for the peace of all
He's the one who must decide
who's to live and who's to die
and he never sees the writing on the walls
But without him how would Hitler have
condemned him at Dachau
Without him Caesar would have stood alone
He's the one who gives his body
as a weapon to a war
and without him all this killing can't go on
He's the universal soldier and he
really is to blame
His orders come from far away no more
They come from him, and you, and me
and brothers can't you see
this is not the way we put an end to war.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGWsGyNsw00
Thanks Neptune. I don't get vids on dialup, but I know the song by heart.
Everybody seen Survival Acres, Another Reality, today? Impressive questions, thoughtful essay.
Yes, I read it.
It makes me wonder how things will vary by region, city, town, county... some communities will successfully cooperate and attempt to protect themselves and create an oasis to some extent.
Others will remain in denial for too long and become easy prey.
Everyone read Orlov's latest?
I suspect that moving to and living in and becoming part of a "poor" rural community with some resources, but not enough to attract rapacious attention, is the way to go.
Of course, if there are too many pillagers and mercenaries, we'll all be in trouble.
Or maybe the poisonous people and ideas will just fade away quietly (that's what Survival Acres admin says is a pipe dream.)
Nah... too easy.
How many people will give up and go quietly into that good night without a fight?
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
*Dylan Thomas. Reprinted by permission of the muses.
From time to time, I think this is just some creators idea of a sick joke--like we are in an advanced rats maize and someone is just taking notes on our behavior when certain stimuli are introduced, or taken away--
I don't see a change overall for what a normal person would call the "better"--I do see pockets of folks doing OK--whatever OK is? We are pretty much on our own here unless family comes in from 2 hours away--in the event of something fast and major, that will be as far away as China-they won't see things the way we do, which will be a problem I'm not going to deal with--maybe a blessing in disguise if they don't make it-The law will be outgunned and people will die, be raped, etc. It'll be a real free for all with a lot of folks wanting to get even, or get what they never had--for whatever that will do--
The cities will just explode--like shooting ducks in a barrel--a bit more patient in the country but dangerous none the less--mostr country folks are not farmers--they go to wal mart and the grocery store--around here, the amish will be easy pickins and I am going to guess that they and the mennonites will be re-considering their "non-violence" biblical shit pretty quick--the amish are armed--most of them--mennonites may have a couple of shotguns for hunting and a box of shells between them
The mean will just eat each other and the meanest will end up on top until someone a little smarter gets them--
Maybe just down to who controls the food and water--and can defend it--all this race for these people to accumulate this massive wealth when a bullet can kill them as easily as one of us--can't eat money--
There are going to be a lot of surprised people who thought they had an "in" with the ptb---
My, what a bright and sunny outlook--going to go through all the hallways and see if I can find some cheese--
I think it's the waiting that wears on us--the wondering/daydreaming thing from time to time--our own little personal reality show that someone else is writing---
Jj
Brian, I so love your quote, where does it come from? Its on the gallery wall of course, permanently. If you are the author, I want to point that out.
Jj: I think it's the waiting that wears on us--the wondering/daydreaming thing from time to time--our own little personal reality show that someone else is writing---
Once again, you echo universal thoughts on the matter at hand. But remember, this is what a slow crash is all about. How about this: How about no hard crash at all, that it just goes on indefinitely sinking into depravity and vanity, rights clashing, megaphones repeating? The planet's population mushrooming, the have-nots have less and less, the haves have it all?
Maybe we are conditioned to think there is a finite ending, a switch to something better when maybe its just a zeitgeist rumor that something is on the horizon and we somehow effect the outcome when there might not be an outcoming, it just goes on and on.
Publius, that Orlav work is like the last word on a bad idea laid into the grave as the vault is sealed and the jungle resumes its natural default.
I knew there was a good reason we've been collecting all this firewood in June.
This part is particularly meaningful: ... Specifically try to give yourself as many options as you can, so that if any one thing doesn't seem to be working out, you can switch to another... because this is exactly what artists do when they are unraveling a stumbling block, they switch to another medium. This is our way out. This is what we are doing here.
How does one escape a circle?
I think you're right, those who have no conscience do everything they can to get what they want now without fear of repercussions on a spiritual level or in a lawful way--they rely on our good nature and hope/faith that it will all turn out rosy when perhaps that's a lie like everything else--
Lost in space these days without ever being able to see straight, or over the horizon as far as direction goes-- it is a circle that goes uphill--perhaps designed that way where you can never get any idea where you are going, or plot a course that doesn't all look the same--everything looks like we have been this way before---
All there is to the circle is more circle with some downward spirals thrown in for effect--like flying visually at night, in bad weather instead of trusting your instruments---problem is, they make the instruments too and they are rigged--better check your fuel gauge too--
Good thread--keep it going here or there
Jj
Interesting... just met one of the visitors to this blog in real life.
Real life... is there such a thing in a constructed, artificial, engineered, non-spontaneous society where you can barely grow your own tomatoes without a permit?
No thoughts, other than, the more of "it" you can ignore, the more of what is your life you can experience. Even the Internet news is something to be avoided in great quantity.
I feel like sanding some wood, or smelling sawdust from freshly cut logs. I don't have a sawmill, but our future homestead neighbor does. I think I'll work for him once in a while.
MsM/US government is beating the drums over Iran. Sadly most people here in the US don't really know or understand where that place is. Most surely have no idea how their government works. I only wish the vast majority of people visited places like this, and saw through the garbage at the other end of the spectrum.
Even NPR today had a segment, calling White Supremacists conspiracy theorists, I thought that was amusing. I like what Vis said in his latest post, assume all news is a lie, and then figure out what the game is, why are they lying etc... I've been doing that for years now, it makes more sense when you analyze it that way.
Truly free people are free because they question everything, especially these extraordinary politicians and the media that promotes them.
I dont have my cultivate garden..
I just looked at all the stuff from Jj, et al.
You are all blessed.
Give her credit... Ms Obama worked lettuce, ruby red,and baby bib.
And she even worked the rep
Nina,
That picture on top is astonishing.
Please tell me more.
We'll just leave it as it is Brian. If Ousley said it, people will think one thing, if Glaser said it, they will think another. Its pure and meaningful without extraneous plug-ins.
Su, my brother took the photo in late fall 2007. It reminds me of Georgia O'Keefe.
Publius, are you going to share with us whom you met? One thing I didn't mention earlier is meetings go one of two ways - good or bad. When they go badly, it seems that what happens is the person you meet wants to be someone they are not and the wanting part is in their written thoughts, not their actions. It goes well when the person you meet is an integrated sum of word and deed.
Dadnerd, I've been to Iran. Before I went, I spent months gathering news items about it and when I had been there awhile, I took out the clippings and was aghast how ridiculous they were. Fairy tales, seriously, nonsense suppositions because, I think, Americans have no way - no bridge with which to relate to Iranian culture and history. It is almost entirely the opposite of western conditioning. As an American trying to get around there with my American ways, it was as if I had stepped into Lewis Carroll's Looking Glass. The US has no business there, all it is trying to do is the obvious. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck ...
The Iranians are brilliant in ways westerners simply can't comprehend. This is absolutely not the place for Iraqization/occupation. Hands down. No way.
Publius:
Just make the smell of fresh cut wood chemically and people can use it for an air freshener--feel manly, ya know--or maybe fresh cut wood nasal implants--Being a little more in touch with my feminine side, I would like barn siding-like vinyl siding---oops, here comes Nina chasing me with her cast iron skillet--lol
When I was a kid, my mom brought home the brand new Glade Air Freshener--Pretty sure it was pine scent as my father said, on passing the bathroom after it had a visitor: "Smells like somebody shit in a Christmas tree"--funny the stuff you remember from childhood--
and you wonder why I am the way I am.......
Jj
Nina, can you give any specific examples of encounters in Iran that instructed you about how brilliant they are and the nature of the, let us hopefully say "difficult to bridge" rather than "impossible to bridge" gap between the cultures? I may be a psychpath, but I really am seriously trying to reform!
I once saw a very big coffee table book showing examples of those complex tile patterns in Islamic Architecture. The author said that in their tradition, the architect desiring to engineer a particular emotional feeling in the space would lay out the geometric patterns of tiles using some particular numbers which were understood to produce that feeling when applied to generating a tessellation. Then my arms got tired and I had to put the book down and leave the bookstore...
Another thing I saw was some guys over there had an I-beam of a particular size that could not bear the load they wanted it to. They took a torch and cut a zigzag line all along the vertical web. Now that it was in two pieces they lifted the top half and moved it so that the two pieces now met "mountain to mountain" instead of "mountain to valley." Then they welded it back together. Now it was stiffer. Pretty smart. That much I can understand and admire. But it just occurred to me that they might even have selected the particular angles of the zig-zag for a particular esoteric reason that the uninitiated would never even dream exists...Ah ha!
Anyway, when anyone makes a synthesis or generalization out of their own private unique experiences and just presents their distillation without their subjective data I "generally" ha ha find it unsatisfactory as "communication" because it is just too incomplete. For me it amounts to little more than batting cliches back and forth. Invention of new turns of phrase is highly amusing but to be fully appreciated, lots of specific examples vastly increase the fun.
Nina:
I met Zoner.
We got along very well, I think. He just stopped by for a drink while passing through on his motorcycle. My son loves motorcycles, so they had that in common.
We've agreed to go fishing on the lake near his house, and perhaps a BBQ... I think he'd like to chat about ideas for homesteading and escaping the rat race. The downsizing corporate trends have he and his wife thinking of what they'll do if/when they need to jump ship. The ship being the TitanicUSA.
So, good meeting. I'm sure we were both a big nervous about meeting someone from the ether, but I'm glad we did it.
I'd like to meet all the rest of youz, too... I'm sure I'll dream about meeting Nina, with that current image from the top of her blog in my mind.
Idea: why is it I'm considered crazy for wanting to reduce my expenses rather than increase my income?
I don't like Les's new "comment" situation. One has to give far too much info.
You have to realize that some of us gave up on Uncle Schmuel a long time ago.... we quit paying our taxes because we didn't want to fund the War Machine. I am in this situation,that is the reason I don't have a blog, I access the internet from library computers... because the Nazgul are after me.
For what? Income tax evasion and marijuana crap, that's what. I don't think a moment that I have done anything wrong, and I KNOW the government is EVIL. EVIL. But you have to be careful and stay a step ahead of the Nazgul. That's why Les's new trap for would-be commenters is distressing. I won't go thru that!
Happy Juneteenth, and Liberation.
Anonymous, why are you carrying on about technicalities on Les's blog over here?
Publius, I figured it was Z. I am gratified. It could only go in a good way.
Nina, you should probably not publish this... it is really weird.
Perhaps you should advise Visible about this as I cannot.
I was going to comment to his new essay, and this weird field came up, and it asked all sorts of offputting questions, like my social security number, etc! (Of course I dont use my SSN as I disregarded it in 1995, and haven't paid taxes since then. So I worry. I did send them a letter, certified, to that effect, at any rate, that I planned to discontinue because of their love of war.)
Several hours later, I tried again to comment on Les's latest, and weirdly, the usual blogger thing appeared, without asking all the SSN and stuff. Weird.
I later, titillated by this weirdness, tried to get on Les's site and was denied! "There is no such blog."! So, something wicked this way comes. Nina, you might apprise Les of these weirdnesses.
Strange anon, I didnt see any of that when I posted there, you don't ever want to give that info away, but I think you know that. I did have one problem there today though, I couldn't paste the comment I made at first. It took hours before I could do that.
Nina,
That is awesome that you were there in Iran. Write a blog on that someday will you? Or have you already?
I don't have trouble commenting on his sites. He made a Wordpress mirror site for people who do. Leave your comment there. I've seen a weird page like that once or twice, just move on and try a reboot and new access number. Hackers phishing most likely.
When you comment on my site, everything shows up as soon as you hit publish, I don't moderate. Still, Tex, tell Les yourself. I'm not a conduit to Les.
Nina , I love your stuff. The Art, especially. The commentary is a nice afterthought. But I love yer art.
In all of the commentary, I wonder why no one ever mentions the DIRECT thing they can do to resist the system: DO NOT PAY INCOME TAX. Just SAYING that puts people off, like you are advocating being a traitor or something. That should tell you something.
I quit paying taxes in 1995 and I was not quiet about it. I wrote IRS a certified letter in 1995, citing the XVI amendment etc. as my reason.
I never heard another thing, I never got a subpoena, and I have never paid another cent of tax. Make of it what you will. If they come after me, I will still not pay, because of the Death Machine and the $750 billion spent yearly on it. If they would spend a farthing on our WELFARE, I would gladly pay. I will not pay for death though. I was raised a Seventh Day Adventist, lapsed since, but their views about the Military system have stuck with me.
"The human individual in the midst of Reality is like a camera in a room--perceiving everything from a fixed "point of view." But what does the room REALLY look like? The room can be viewed from every possible "point of view" in space-time--not merely from any particular "point of view", or even a finite collection of "points of view." Therefore, no "point of view" can reveal the room, or Reality Itself, because every "point of view" is limited and essentially self-referring.
This is precisely the essence of ego-life: the apparently individual being presumes that he or she is a particularized "point", or organized "point of view", in space-time. And that "point" is "made" by contracting from the condition of totality--and, indeed, by contracting from even every mode, form, or condition of conditional existence. Therefore, the camera is a precise, mechanical equivalent of the ego--because it, too, functions as fixed "point of view."
In My use of the camera, I Work to make images that go beyond, and even undermine, the conventions of "point of view." Such images transcend the limitation that would seem to be inherent in the photographic mechanism. They allow the viewer to see and feel the "room"--or the world, or Reality, as it IS, beyond the ego's self- reference. And such images thereby become a non-verbal means of "picturing" the essential human process of ego-transcendence--going beyond the fixed "point of view" of the ego, or the core presumption of separateness.
This "Consideration" of the human being as a "point of view" existing in the midst of Unknowable Reality began in My childhood. I spent many hours sitting silently in My room, contemplating what it would mean to exist and perceive not from a "point of view" in the room, but from the "point of view" of the room itself. This was the beginning of My Investigation of the Process of Divine Enlightenment--the process by which it becomes possible to be identified with the condition in which all experience is arising, rather than with the
"point of view" of the apparently individual experiencer.
That "Consideration" of the "room" has always been at the root of My Artwork. For many years, the Artwork I Created consisted primarily of paintings, drawings, and literature. Eventually, the decades of My "Consideration" culminated in a focus in photography and video, as artistic media uniquely suited to the Communication I Intend to make.
Long before I started My concentrated work in photography and video, I established My fundamental artistic position through the writing of a study of early twentieth-century literature and art, focusing on Gertude Stein and such painters as Cezanne,, Picasso, Mondrian, and so on...
My primary interest in writing this study was to address the implications of the modernist effort to reduce art to sheer plastic and technical manipulation of words or paint (or the "medium" in any form), thereby achieving a "meaningless" artistic communication. My conclusion was that the effort to divest art of meaning is a grave fault--a fault which is also generally evident in the culture of the time (dominated by the "point of view" of scientific materialism), in the increasing "abstraction" from what is profoundly human and, even more so, from everything Spiritual and Divine.
This conclusion is summarized in the title I have given to this study:"The Reduction Of The Beloved to Shape Alone: The Effort Toward Abstraction, The Pure Present, and The New In "Modern" Art, Psychology, And Philosophy--Especially As Defined In The "Meaningless" Aesthetic Theories Of Gertrude Stein."...
If Reality is reduced to a shattered abstraction without meaning, then the beautiful is no longer there, the beloved is no longer there. I use the photographic medium precisely because it inherently reflects human and conditional reality and form. I enter into My photographic Contemplation of Reality as a Feeling Process--never abstracted from a feeling-relationship to human experience, but always embracing human realities..."
"The content of My images is extremely intimate, humanly and sexually,and deals with fundamental issues of existence in which people are profoundly vulnerable and where deep "consideration" is requireds.
Thus, the making of these images is a profoundly Participatory Work--not abstracting the subject from Myself, but participating utterly. Therefore, the visual abstraction in these images is not something separate or separative, but an expression of the Seamlessness of Reality. I Work to Move the viewer into Ecstasy--abstracted beyond the ego's modes of perception. Ecstasy Abstracts Absolutely (but not meaninglessly)--beyond all presumed "difference" between "self" and "other."
"My Art is Created by Means of My Participation in the Process of Realizing the Beautiful, or the Condition That Is Ecstatic. When That Condition is Fully Realized, one spontaneously utters. "All of This Is Beautiful! This IS That Which Is Beautiful."
This purpose for the arts--of Realizing that "All Is Beautiful"-- is the understanding that was alive in the Western tradition in the time of Plato, as expressed in THE SYMPOSIUM. I am thoroughly sympathetic with Plato's "consideration" of Realizing Beauty. In the centuries since Plato, that understanding has been degraded in the Western world, and in the common world altogether--but that understanding remains fundamental to right human existence.
The living body-mind inherently wants to Realize the Matrix of life,wants to allow the Light into the "room." Making it possible for human beings to fulfill that impulse is what I Work to Do. My images are Created to be a Means of Participating in Reality as Fundamental Light--the world as Light, relationship as Light, conditional light as Absolute Light.
The "room" is where the "focal point" of ego happens. Ultimately, when the camera is transcended, there is no longer any "room" at all--but only Love-Bliss-"Brightness Limitlessly Felt, in Vast Unpatterned Joy."
name of the author withheld due to the taboo against Enlightenment currently prevailing in this unhappy world.
A thought came to mind reading this. Yes, one individual with his or her limited point of view, see's only that. But taken as a whole, we together as human beings with all our different qualities and contributions may see the whole, or something approximating it.
That's the beauty of dialogue. Bring a few together with the understanding that love and compassion is at the heart of the matter, and begin to inquire. Put all their minds at some thing and toss it around, the Truth being the only common factor.
I wonder why this isn't more prevalent? Could be the ego gets in the way and makes this kind of loving cooperation difficult.
Imagine what humans could do without that self defensive ego, constantly wanting credit and attention. Imagine what we could do, it boggles the mind.
Dadnerd: So much of that not getting together comes from peoples poor understanding of themselves--a lack of confidence in who they are--that they don't match up--their opinion or thoughts/dreams don't count or they should feel guilty for feeling anything for their own happiness, or well being---overall, I suppose one would call it innate guilt--then on the other hand you have people who think they always get screwed and they DESERVE more--they are the ones to watch out for--the users with an attitude--just looking for a fight-they want to make you miserable like they are-usually with a weaker person--and then there are those who are attracted to them usually because of the lack of their own self-worth.
We are drawn here because most of us don't take any shit in the parts of our lives we can control--we, I assume, are only drawn to those of like frequency-yet not carbon copies, not to someone who parrots or only quotes others--never having or sharing their own thoughts--that type of person bores us-we choose to be with the seekers--those willing to share, if you will--
among the "regulars", there is a respect for each others insights, talents, etc. Then comes the group getting smaller where honesty comes in--honest with ourselves, and honest with each other--Nina reminds me so much of my wife--she will be your best friend--none finer-- if there is respect/honesty--but don't play games, or else, etc--but don't try to f-them over or hell hath no fury--if you ask them for an opinion, or how they see things, you may not hear what you want--but it will have no bells and whistles attached--right between the eyes if necessary--they can deliver it in no other way because it is the truth and there is no substitute for that--being not completely honest with someone else is not being honest with yourself--
There is an honor that takes place here at Nina's--it can be at Les's but it's also a larger group and I can't see the forest for the trees at times so I don't get as involved any more
I also like going to Su's--her complete honesty gives me a charge and challenges me to do the same in my life--
We all add to the power and beauty of the complete--we can't be all things so we do it together with each other to make up the whole that we each, individually comprise--
We miss the sense of, and reality of community and (extended)family in our lives so we meet here to help fill that void--we don't need to be related, we don't need to ever meet--but we are, for lack of a better word, family-- we choose to be together--every day, or for a time--
That's the deal--we choose to be here--we come and go as we choose--
Out of words for now--love to hear all of your thoughts--
Jj
Hi Nina:
Your blog just gets better... "omedito" (congratulations on a job well done) as they say in Japanese...
Thank you for the quote from my muddling around with "derealization". It's one of those concepts which I find very powerful in illuminating the chaos.
your pal, charles smith
Jj:
Very well spoken, you hit it on the head as usual.
Dadnerd: NPR today had a segment, calling White Supremacists conspiracy theorists, I thought that was amusing. I like what Vis said in his latest post, assume all news is a lie, and then figure out what the game is, why are they lying etc...
You won't want to forget Cynthia McKinney's trial where reportedly "the walls were lined with 911-enthusiasts". Now, really, I have to smirk, here they've taken their favorite dated trigger word, 911, and tranched the concept of enthusiasm, as in liking something very much, a food, a Porsche, a kitchen appliance. They have a limited list of double barreled words such as Conspiracy Theorist because this is Newspeak developed by image consultants formerly known as advertising agencies.
Chaar-Rulls, Aragato! Derealization is a word whose time has come. I think we all have experienced it in all its boring glory and had no true understanding how it fit in with what we think about ourselves. It made us feel incomplete, a lesser self than others we admired. It is outrageous how we've been gridded and priced. Even if people read your comment and mush it in with everything else, it will come back during the next derealization rush. Its a constant effort to swat them away and just when you think they've gotten to you, you can just step out of it knowing your were being derealized.
That was a very good insight on your part and will help many.
Hi Dadnerd,
It sounds like you are getting a little ecstatic as you consider the possibility of release from some of the aspects of the self-limit. I like that! "Ex-stasis" I believe is Greek for "standing outside the self."
I threw two "Transmission-bombs" inside this blog which I hoped would delight, inspire, sublime, enlighten someone, anyone. I personally find those bombs very potent so I shared them! I found it ecstatic to do so. That was art.
Nina pronounced the explosion "perfect" and well-timed. She loved it. I consider the use of the word "perfect" as a hint that the Divine is somehow involved because "the ego" is not "perfect." It's a limit, it's a cramp--to the woodchipper with it and good riddance!
Brian, about specifics on Iran, you are right, its not fair to generalize, ever. Thanks for making note of that.
Please deal with Mrs Starlight and let me know what you want to do.
Dadnerd, you are in a beautiful place.
Jj, do you realize you are talking about Charles's quote?
And being here as we are, literally is one way to combat derealization, one of maybe the last few ways left. Hmmmm.
In order to really do it all the way, one must also be familiar with the rewards of the gift culture, trading goods or services, barter and demurrage vs. the derealization inherent in the money economy.
To our great misfortune, the internet then only furthers the separation.
Nina, I think you have gathered together some very enlighten people here. This subject of the ego and what role individuals play in society, is fundamentally very important, as it goes to the heart of the matter. What matter you ask? You can trace most human problems to a core, and the core is the ego, or self centered activity. And with it all the complexities of the self, the whole content of that consciousness. Not to be easily dismissed, this ego, as it is so pervasive and deep rooted in us all.
As individuals we must look after our own welfare, but at the same time realize we are dependent on others, and part of the whole, we are the whole in a sense.
So what relationship does one have to the masses that do not understand this simple fact? None really. So the few that see this fact gather together and pool their energy. I think there is an energy that comes out of that gathering. I don't think we should discount the importance of that.
Lets not imagine that we are up against tremendous odds, and that the whole thing is hopeless. Those who have some insight have a responsibility inherent in that understanding, and their actions reflect that.
We may feel we are in a closed loop, that those who will never get it are off somewhere and not benefiting by these conversations. And those who do get it are in effect singing to the choir, but...
I feel there is some other element at work here, that we are affecting others outside the loop so to speak.
So I feel there is great value here in these discussions. I for one appreciate your effort to post these things.
Cheers.
I have reason to believe
We all will be received
In Graceland
Jj
Nina, please remove my offending post if you can do so. Or any part of it that refers to the person who was offended. I apologize for that disturbance, to any and all egos that may or may not have been offended, past, present, or future, and to any of their lawyers, relatives, pets, or victims. The ego is the most serious thing in the word, the most valuable thing, and is not to be trifled with.
Amendment: should say "The ego is the most serious thing in the world" not "in the word."
Brian says: The ego is the most serious thing in the world, the most valuable thing, and is not to be trifled with.
The ego is offensive. It is at the very heart of defiance, failure or success. It is the perception of terrorism. It is control. It is the funhouse mirror distortion of humility.
hu⋅mil⋅i⋅ty
–noun
the quality or condition of being humble; modest opinion or estimate of one's own importance, rank, etc.
Origin:
1275–1325; ME humilite < L humilitÄs. See humble, -ty 2
Synonyms:
lowliness, meekness, submissiveness.
Antonyms:
pride.
ego
noun
1 : the self especially as contrasted with another self or the world
2 : the one of the three divisions of the psyche in psychoanalytic theory that serves as the organized conscious mediator between the person and reality especially by functioning both in the perception of and adaptation to reality... (bold emphasis, mine)
Let's repeat that: organized conscious mediator between the person and reality
In other words, the ego provides the excuse for a representative self to exist.
The representative self then would have the true self believe that without a representative, we're all just masses of jelly.
Hahaha
My gosh Brian, that whole episode was better than an installation in Soho.
As you grow up, you form a mental image of who you are, based on your personal and cultural conditioning. We may call this phantom self, the ego. It consists of mind activity and can only be kept going through continuous thinking. The term ego means different things to different people, but when I use it here it means a false self, created by unconscious identification with the mind.
To the ego, the present moment hardly exists. Only past and future are considered important. This total reversal of the truth accounts for the fact that in the ego mode the mind is so dysfunctional. It is always concerned with keeping the past alive, because without it — who are you? It constantly projects itself into the future to ensure its continued survival and to seek some kind of release or fulfillment there. It says: “One day, when this, that or the other happens, I am going to be okay, happy, at peace.” - Eckhart Tolle (Jj)
Nina: Per your comment--I love it when we write something that dovetails with what someone else wrote at the same time, without knowing it--I find that more and more these days--I will write something, and then go to Les's, here, or Su's and BANG--there is the same thing, or the same thing in slightly different words--THERE IS A CONNECTION ON SOME/ALL LEVELS!!!!!!!!!!!
There is a something traveling at a higher and higher rate of consciousness--or, it is still, and we are catching up to it--melting into it happily-----a continuation of thought regardless of the subject as thought has it's own momentum and needs no subject or defining--we take away from the moment when we try to do anything more than smile at it and just know that it is--Did you read Su's Funky Music White Boy Comment? That's what I'm talking about but it certainly doesn't need to be that, um, direct--sometimes it flutters and sometimes it's like a freight train..
Jj
Jj, Yes, I saw Su's comment and I saw your song. These things are called synchronicities. After studying what Conti says on the matter, it appears that synchronicities bunched together are indicative that the person/s to which they occur is breaking into greater awareness.
Its a wonderful experience to acknowledge them and work on where they lead.
I'm glad you brought this up, I didn't earler when I saw this had happened with you and Su and I should have. Synchronicities happen continuously and most are written off as sheer coincidence, ie; folly.
I'm gettin' a little tired of so much folly when its plain that something else is happening.
This thread may never die.
I wanted to say one quick thing. The description that Jj gave of the ego, is exactly what I had in mind. It is a word that has a few meanings.
He described it to a tee.
This whole complex self image thing is a bit tricky. Only the most dedicated will pursue the subject.
So often, knowing what something is not, helps us get closer to what it is.
We must also understand that some things are just not describable--perhaps that's what drives us to maybe, just maybe, catch a glimpse or just be in the same room-to have "it" just gently whisper to us in the wind--or over the internet-HOW COOL!!!!!!
Jj
Funny I've been reading Sir Aurthur Conan Doyle s, Sherlock Holmes, Vol2 these days. He seems to have some perception of the human condition, and a keen observer of same. Anyway, I like the negative approach to things. When once you eliminate everything, what's left, even if it seems improbable is the truth.
That is, eliminate the false, and you end up with the truth. Rather than try to approximate some lovely concept to aspire to, look at it from the other direction. This implies throwing out the Ten Commandments.
If we try to practice love, while being aggressive and violent, our practice has no meaning. But, if we face the violence, it dissipates. That is, instead of the positive we approach it from the other direction, the negative. Most people would vehemently oppose this idea. They say we are animals and must tame our instincts.
However, living in denial is even worse, and we cover up our true nature and imagine we are lovely people. I find this to be one of the big disadvantages of the Christian religions, and probably most others.
Observe our true nature without the blanket of the ideal, and we may someday progress, otherwise we live in illusion.
You are onto something big Dadnerd. Thaddeus Golus was getting into this also when he said we should love everything, in his treatise The Lazy Man's Guide to Enlightenment. It long, but one of those works where every word is important and you grow by leaps while ingesting it. Have you read it? Oh, do, do it.
I'm on it lovely lady.
I should use another example besides violence. Although violence is at the heart of the matter, and it's forms will vary in different shapes. Lets take another example; thou shalt not covet thy neighbors wife.
I find I'm attracted to that woman over there. I see that if I'm honest I'm attracted to her, but at the same time I love her husband and feel compassion and affection for him, and perhaps their children too.
What do I do? Beat myself in the forehead or, observe the whole thing, see it in it's entirety? Personally I've never had this situation, but I know it's common and happens everyday.
If I observe that I'm attracted to that woman, and leave it alone, there is no problem. Let the feelings blossom so to speak, do not deny the feelings, do not suppress the feelings, let it flower, what happens?
It passes like all desires, it will pass. It's only thinking about it and getting obsessed that creates the problem, let it pass but do not suppress it.
My selfish desires if let run wild, will create havoc in this world, how immature am I? I'm a lonely pathetic human being and I covet that woman, the pleasure of it all, I become obsessed, why?
This is so simple yet most will succumb to the most basic desires, and have no idea how shallow their lives are. This is part of the ego thing we discussed here. The ego wants, it desires, it is all about itself.
It is an illusion.
If we are tossing out the ten commandments, and whatever "society" says is decent/honorable behavior, who says you, and the lady can't get together for a tryst? If both of you are good with it, other than society, who says it bad, evil, whatever, and the husband, kids, why not?
Take it a step further and let's say you fall for a 16-17 year old who is mature, sweet, nice, etc. and you both decide to get together--The age of consent in most states is 15-16--she can be with anyone she wants within 3 years of her age (as long as they are over the age of consent too) but not you because society and the law state otherwise--she's already sexually active, so that's not a problem--so why not?
I absolutely don't think we were meant to be with the same partner--till death do us part--especially for men, it is an alien concept--other than responsibility for children created through the relationship, why not go where you want to, and do what you want to do?
Society creates such a religion based stigma on someone who goes from relationship to relationship, or decides to have sex with whomever they want to--because, as we all know, sex is bad--
In my case, I can go out with anyone I want to, have sex with anyone I want to--any day--but I also know that if I do that, I will lose Mrs, Jj and that makes it not worth it to me--simple choice--I wouldn't sneak around and do it because then you lose the honesty--never to get it back--what a horrible way to live--I'm also afraid of STD's lol
Look at how society in general has broken down--We have children raising children--it should be that the elders raise the children because, in general, they are wiser and can see and think more clearly-the family living close, but not too close-who ever said get married young, or get married at all--another bullshit thing created by religion and the state--
In the future, perhaps the younger will tend the gardens, do the heavy lifting so to speak, be assisted by the elders, and the daylight raising of the children will fall on the rest of the elders--the schooling as well-Ideally, it would almost be an apprentice-type setup---I'll expand on this as comments come in--
Jj
A not bad article, JJ, on marriage in the most recent Atlantic Monthly, entitled, "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off."
The author is/was no longer in love with her husband, and had an affair, and decided she just didn't want to "work" at the marriage anymore. Because marriage, dontcha know, is a lot of "work." And when you have to work at your corporate work, it's a lot of work to work at the marriage.
She shocked her friends. Then a week later, her good friend said she was thinking of a divorce, now, too... her effete husband no longer touched her physically, was critical, and gourmet cook. Etc. etc.
The odd thing is that the author just dismissed the concept of open marriage (somewhat considered in the early 70's), as "icky..."
So, in our wonderful culture, if a married couple decide that they wish to allow each other the freedom to have sexual experiences with another partner, under honest and open conditions, with input from both partners on the choices and status of the situation, in a collaborative manner, that is considered beyond the pale.
However, beauty pageants for pre-adolescent girls is great. Video games that have the goal of slaughtering innocents (e.g. Grand Theft Auto), is OK... war against nations that haven't attacked us or remotely threatened us: great fun!
And the fact that over 50% of marriages end in divorce... and that instability of parental relationships is what really damages children, not the state or existence of a construct called "marriage"...
It's just the case that American society is hypnotized by concepts and ideals that it reifies and treats as real and effective, while the reality on the ground is so different that it's a sign of serious mental impairment. "America is the most innovative nation in the world..." "Best health care in the world... in Canada you wait in line for 10 years to see a doctor..." "They hate us for our freedoms." Insanity is doing the same thing over and over. Americans are insane in the aggregate.
Wow - this thread has really grown, and I am way behind in reading the interesting and provocative ideas.
brians words or as here stated "brian said" are not brian's words...they are the teachings of Adi Da Samraj...the real author of those brilliant quotes...who would like his authorship to be known...brian in all honesty should not use them without revealing this...the one who truly realized that clarity is Adi Da Samraj...look for his books...he is the brilliant one.
blah blah blah blah blah blah
Im going to "do it"
blah.....blah.......blah.........
I dont like you' I dont like anyone.... I like it in Iraqi....... I HATE EVEYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
z
Post a Comment