For quite awhile now I've been saying we're deep into World War IV, which is only debatable if you are not counting the Cold War as a world war. Skip semantics, you are welcome to call it what you want, it makes no difference, we are still in the throes of World Wide War, end of debate. When you sit back and tally up the long view, denial of ongoing bloodshed, fomented chaos and upheaval means you are not looking deeply enough. To look deeply is mental freedom - allowing your mind to embrace everything going on out there as ugly and unfair to your personal security as it really is. Sure, there are many wonderful moments in our lives, adventures and beauties abound, but you will notice they are not as frequent lately, they beckon and vanish, too sweet, too precious to last, as the atmosphere slowly photomerges with the last frantic days of Saigon, reaching up for that final Huey to fly us home to whatever be our idea of peace. As if these horrific, eye-popping events and their hidden tentacles sucking out our life blood, replete with those predictable and unfortunate ensuing complications, could somehow just dry up and go away and we never would be impacted again by this staggering multi-vehicular, total-loss collision called the War on Terror. The irony is that in time, soon enough, it WILL go away. How soon keeps turning into "sooner" as technology advances, pinpointing more exactly almost by the day, just how soon "sooner" exposes itself to be sitting in our very living rooms, in the dresser drawers, on our very own feather pillows under the creeping omens of desertification here and ominous layers of ice over there.
There is no exterior cure on the horizon, either. There is no such thing as "cure" anyway, there is only Healing which is not being allowed to take place because healing means you have to rip open the wound facade and sterilize the infection. This is not happening. As one out of 6.5 billion people observing, I am forced to conclude our particular diseased state is out of control, it may have already been out of control from the "beginning" as we think of man's beginning, destined to flower and slowly wither as the Earth moves around the Sun, and be born again smarter and then again stronger with each rebirth as a more sturdy, survivable species is unleashed with each revolution until that instant arrives when the planet disintegrates having at last completed its sole reason for being.
I'll likely add more links over the next day or two with additional doom. Trust me, its not only me who is under the influence of hard core realism.
Later :O
24 comments:
You could even say this is WWV. Everyone forgets about the Napoleonic Wars, which properly speaking engulfed not just Europe but North America and every naval theatre on the planet.
You could definitely say that. And previous to Napoleon there was Alexander. But the more recent wars, these genocides carried out with subversive, psychological technologies and unmanned weaponry partnering with the planned demolition of the food chain undermining man's ability to obtain the means required for basic survival, speeds up planetary disintegration. Once, there appeared to be some breathing space between the outbreaks, now its metastasized.
Long before the advent of real computer systems, mainframes, and the internet--my folks had an FBI file for protesting the vietnam war--back then it was typewriters and carbon paper--they are in your bloodstream now--if you are returning from an unjust war in which you saw your friends die--you are a domestic terrorist--if you voted for anyone but the approved candidates--you are a domestic terrorist--if you breathe, you are a domestic terrorist--
maybe these folks have been out there for a while, but one thing is for certain, the tea parties brought them out, at least here in our dinky little rural county--I heard educated, well-spoken people expressing their views while being photographed by law enforcement--standing tall--THAT is what scares the PTB
The worm has turned--some only know that they are paying too much in taxes but they know in the pit of their stomachs that they have not even entered the rabbit hole yet--THAT is what being persecuted for your beliefs means--has nothing to do with which god you choose to tattoo on your mind--
I was thinking the other day how I used to have a sense of power and awe when one of the military helicopters flew over--now, and for a long time, I have wondered if martial law has been ordered, or if they are going to storm my house--my, how the worm turns--so be it--
Cheers to you all---
Jj
My welcome screen wants us to know the WHO, Tommy can you hear me, is thinking about raising the alert level today.
Heh, mister galt, your parents were Reds?
Militant Reds--let's say that we had a sailboat on the south side of Lake Erie that occasionally went over to the north side of Lake Erie and some very interesting house guests--
Sailing at night, you could see the stars guiding the way---
Just quit the Tea Party as it was being taken over by right wing republican neo-conservatives:
Here's the email:
To All,
I don't see not cluttering the site as a problem--fortunately, we have the FORUM portion that no one but me is contributing to- for people to leave links and "news events". Of course, just as with everything, it is up to individuals as to whether they wish to participate or not--so far, not many/any takers.
I keep hearing the word "inclusive" yet the bullet points listed on the site mention "abortion" and "someone being appointed to office" who is Pro-child porn--while I am against both, I also know that the Rev. Wildmon is behind this movement nationally-those points have been listed on the site since the first time I visited it-I don't know who is behind him, but let's take a wild guess and say far-right christian (neo)conservatives, those types of "statements" from the national end (whatever that means) are more divisive than coming to a rally "open carry"?
There is also the point made on those "bullet points" about "A Congress and A President"--sounds like they are trying to blame one President who just got elected to office--no mention of the the guy before him-I asked Terry to change the word "President" to "Presidents"--hope no one is offended-
So yes, I guess there is an "agenda" coming down from the National Tea Party and it stinks of christian/conservative/republican--so let's get that off the site as soon as possible--in order to be fair, and inclusive.
Who is the "we" that is considering the mission statement? Guess I missed that email--
While I understand your concern about people coming to a rally open-carry, I have also heard that some of the sign ideas last time were shunned--
Personally, I won't be a part of anything that shuns people for their beliefs or ideas--For me, bring any sign you want to, dress any way you want, carry or don't carry--
The "TEA PARTY" to me could be called "THE OAK TREE PARTY" if we met under the oak tree in Miller's field--it's just a name and I think I can see where it's going--
> I still believe that the way to build numbers is to stick to ideas and messages that are universal. Over taxation, and poor representation, are pretty universal gripes across party lines.
In response to your quote, until people understand that this issue is so much more than taxes being too high, the tea party has accomplished nothing.
> The consensus of the core TEA group is that we should not mix the issues at this point
So glad that these issues have been talked about in an open forum like the meeting on the 11th and that the Tea Party movement in the County won't be controlled by a few people and their agenda.
Please count me out as I can see where this is going--maybe you guys can all run for office soon.
I will contact the Library and let them know that you will be taking over as the one in charge of the event on the 11th--literally and figuratively.
Good Luck,
Jim Reulbach
Jj Galt
My, OH my, I can be a snappy bitch sometimes....................
Jj
This is the exact problem that transition towns must be running into, so we won't see a lot of them until things deteriorate further. There is a point where the nonesense ends and reality starts. That point is destitution.
I don't think that was snippy bitching. The people you are dealing with just aren't realizing what is going on ... yet. It was predictable, I saw it coming even if you didn't want to. It was a good effort. There will be a need for your effort soon enough. Three billion compromises are on the horizon.
I kinda knew it too but what the hell--I'll still be contributing my venom (lol) at the meeting and the rally (they continue to call it a protest)--damn, I guess i just don't fit in--never been much of a joiner anyways---back to my cave now---tee hee
Mr. Galt
You mean you don't fit in with the Pretenders.
They were a great group while they lasted, weren't they?
damn, and i coulda' been a contenda'---for what, I don't know...ah dreams of grandeur die hard..sulk, sulk.......
Guess I'll just hang out with you misfits :).......if I had the energy, and the money, I might go for developing a drinking, or drug problem....then my only problem would be getting the drugs and the drink...so, I guess, no problem.....
(who is) Jj Galt
verification word "ingodu"
Dear ingodu, I keep trying to tell my friends who are addicts they cannot afford the frills anymore. But you can't tell addicts anything as they will always scrimp on the necessities to afford the luxuries.
Jj Galt is poster Jj who changed his identity last weekend to John Galt.
Exellent piece on Counterpunch today, takes the whole flu thing into a new realm ... it seems Mexico is not releasing names or any statistical data on their Mexican victims. Ahem. Name the Dead!
And another hottie, a brilliant eulogy for American auto manufacturing. Hurry though because Charles archives daily. If he has already done so by the time you visit, look all the way to the bottom of his page under "this month's entries".
Why Has the U.S.-Owned Auto Industry Failed in North America?
Charles is absolutely right----
Thanks for the link--
Jj Galt
speaking of the the flu scare, check this out for what it's worth
http://polidics.com/homeland-security/emergency-update.html
Hmmm, thanks Dadnerd, I would really like to see that one. Can't do it on dialup. Sob.
At some point in the near future I know I have to make the plunge.
Criminee, then it'll be VOIP and then it'll be an i-phone and then it'll be something else. Like a robot dog walker so I can blog more.
Nina,
Make a dog run like a hamster wheel and hook it to an alternator and deep cell batteries---I think you should change you name to Ninja----for those occasions where stealth is important---tee hee
Jj Galt
hard core realism.
I like it, I am a big fan of hard core realism.
we can't go on like this, and yet we will, and we have, we always have.
Sometimes I think we as a group are caught up in some kind of sick game with ourselves.
How we deny the ugliness that abounds, how we lie to ourselves about the reality of our way of life, our government, our economic systems.
Whatever?
Is it all because it is easier?
Is it because we in the west in particular have enjoyed relatively peaceful lives?
relative prosperity?
sigh....so much to ponder
Its always gone on Penny, as I see it, have you read Escape from the Zombie Food Court? I think there are massive changes coming up as we're simply unable to obtain entry into the Illusion anymore. I'm sure they'd love our participations, but, ah, where's the money?
I've got CCR playing so F****** loud my teeth are rattling........
Just one of those times I'm running through the jungle---lookin' out my back door...ready to run full tilt boogy..........all while dancing around the room--kids think I'm nuts.......in a good way!!!
JjGalt
Big wheel keep on turnin, rollin, rollin, rollin down the riv er.
thanks nina I haven't read it all, but it made me think of a conversation I was having with someone.
This gal had been at one of these high end fundraisers for a country in Africa. She met, as she said, a most interesting woman at this fundraiser.
This woman, a missionary, was in attendance explaining how the African people were the way they were, which was of course all wrong in the eyes of this white missionary, because they had no hope.( not because they had no food, no medicine and have had their economies f'd with by imperialist western intervention)They just plain had no hope. So this woman missionary and her christian minions had to go there and preach christianity to give them hope. So that if they knew there was a reward in the christian god, they would have hope and would improve themselves.
I was floored, I thought, what a bunch of shit that is, 'scuse the language, but what a bunch of shit.
That all these people needed was a belief in a christian god, to pull their socks up. I was incredulous.
How perfectly white supremicist!
The gal who recounted this story to me, ate this crap up.
And when I read this man talk about how conditioned we are, some more then others, I thought of her, and how well conditioned she was to eat this dribble up, and think this was legitimate.
I was thinking can I smack some sense into you? LOL.
conditioning.
Post a Comment