D E E P I N T O A R T L I F E WEST

Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Dunno ...

I'm mystified. Anyone else experiencing multiple strangeness? I see a lot of problems and some of these extend into areas that you had no idea were connected until today. It began this morning with my partner calling from his jobsite, seems he'd received an alert on the cell that his outgoing calls were turned off. Except he called me. Now, I see several blogs where I've commented this morning are not showing comment updates. Hmmm. And those particular blog authors typically sit on their comment sections. Well, okay, on my blog its showing a lesser number of comments than there actually are. I'm thinking something's up. I went to site meter to see if I'm even visible to anyone and there are loads of visitors today, but the list itself shows only visitors through 10 pm last night. All right. On to WRH, which only shows posts dated up to, ahem, last night.

That was enough. Just as I shut down, a thomping thunderous, window-shaking noise is rumbling in the heavens. Three, yes, three huge black helicopters (heh heh) are crawling slowly over the whole region. They were so low, they could have seen me waving "Hi" if I had waved, which I did not. Instead, I got the binocs and scanned the horizons like any good west coaster does under such signs and omens. Nuh-thing. Clear blue sky as far as the eye can see. Visibility 10 + miles.

I turn on the TV, looking for what I really can't say, there's Mz. Pelosi looking like the very diversion she's accusing the CIA of perpetuating. We'd love to trust her, we're naturally trusting people, but I'm afraid she is just not too credible. Its the jewelry, always colored pop beads, the snap on kind, she must have a closet the size of an outbuilding with color coded drawers of pop beads in all sizes, large for the days she's supposed to be Bozo and small for when she's supposed to be credible.

I go back online and see the stories about a google glitch. Already over they say, we're told somehow approximately between early this morning and 10 am, they purchased massive megabucks worth of new computers and everything is fine now, not to worry. Then I get this grey alert box saying "Paypal has no valid certificate. Paypal's certificate will be valid after April something 2009." EXCUSE ME? wtf? While I'm typing this, there was a short staccato beeping sound in the background, I have no idea where it came from.

Wait a minute, there was this amazing comment this morning which below is an excerpt:

... I will come out front and say that I have no idea what it means but the GCP Real Time Dot has been bouncing around in the red for a lot of today. Usually I don’t subscribe to this sort of stuff but this one has piqued my interest and I really don’t know why. The After Armageddon web site which can be found on this sites blog list has included the present moment dot between the Blog Archive and the Blog List. For an explanation you can scroll down to an AA article titled “You Can Know the Future”. You can also go to the Global Consciousness Project site ...

Clicking on the dot on any site will take you to the real time graph of activity over the last 24 hours. This is one of those things where I can’t decide if there are things going on I just don’t understand or whether it is all Emperors Clothes...

Taking it all together, and it is laborious to gauge the extent at this time, technology is more prevalent and interconnected that we can possibly imagine. The scope of what could take place is truly beyond our ability to grasp. We are guilty of seriously underestimating the situation we face at this unique time on Planet Earth.

You are free to tell me I'm as loony as a Loon, but in case something really big is happening, I just thought for posterity's sake it should be documented by one of billions inside the matrix.

And one last thing, I've published this entry 3 times and its not showing. When it shows up, maybe this glitch or hacking into the Planet's timeclock will be over. Maybe. And then, maybe not. Once the damage is done, its like a crack the dam. Anything could happen.

17 comments:

Jacob Gittes said...

Nina:
I don't think you are nuts, but I don't know what is going on, either. Even my fellow cubicle dwellers at work, who would watch TV through a societal collapse, seemed strange...

Regardless, don't worry too much. And keep in touch.
Do you, by the way, have an online gallery? I know I'm prodding, so ignore this question if you wish.

Just wanted to let you know, I see your post on my own screen in the Midwest. The birds are still singing, and my child is playing with his grandfather, and I just sold a cassette deck to a nice older gentleman from Craigslist... for some reason he mentioned all his WWII "Victory at Sea" records. That seemed odd to me.

Be well. You are a unique soul.

Anonymous said...

Those aren't Pop Beads-at least not the black ones she uses for eyeballs-
I think Pelosi bites the eyes out of little girl dolls and puts them in her eye sockets-as the children scream

The PayPal thing, we had that happening last week with numerous "expired"-- on your blog, les's and some other places--got back on Les's pretty quick but yours did hang up longer than most--sometimes I could read the blog but it wouldn't let me get to the comments section--how dare they!!!!! Problems with emails too--they don't boomerang back as undeliverable but folks aren't getting them--i have even tried it between our email addresses and nothing sometimes--
Been pretty quiet here as far as the blackhawks and sikorsky's--they usually about take the roof off--
I have been feeling calm and good about life, and where I am, etc--the trees and grass, despite it having been overcast for the past few days--have had almost a glow of their own in defiance of something--they know something we don't--the birds have been signing overtime--sometimes huge flocks in the grass grabbing something to eat--speaking of........

Jj

nina said...

Publius:
You are looking at the gallery. I change the images fairly frequently so the experience doesn't get static.
It is beyond weird you see the new post. I'm thinking billions of links were damaged. I got here by clicking on the post, not the blog title, over at Smoking Mirrors after about four different trys.
I just commented about this on the previous "filekeepers" post.
You keep in touch too.
How is your weather?

Hey, I see Jj got here. Awwrite!

nina said...

These were Blackhawks. Are these required to zap or to repair? Man, it gets weirder. Some news sites clocks are off by 5 minutes previous to real time. I'm going to break for awhile and pull dinner together.

Anonymous said...

I think I posted at Les's asking anyone if their clocks were changing a while back--nota's were off too--some of ours are about 15 minutes fast--we reset them, just to see what happens and they do it again, but not all of them--most of the clocks in the house are set around 10 o'clock with no power, batteries, or winding just so it's always 10 (just for fun)--that was a Juli thing that just became our SOP--
Hoping dinner is/was good--I sent you an email too--

Jj

Jacob Gittes said...

Weather: cool (low 60's) and slightly overcast today. Kind of nice - subdued. Planted some more tomato seeds in old pie tins. Hopefully I'm not getting them started too late. I may use grow lights to really give them light/heat. The growing season starts later here.

Regarding the weirdness on the net: don't underestimate how network behavior can seem to be the result of some intelligence or force, but may just be random blips due to too much traffic, or other net problems. Of course, if the gov't is installing equipment in switches/routers to intercept and listen in on network traffic, that could be part of it. This type of equipment could slow things down, and there could be bugs in their algorithms.

Remember that the gov't has limited resources: even if they did intercept everything, they don't have enough people to read it all.

RE: your art - I do look at the images on the blog. Is that a photograph at the top of your blog page now? Is it an image of your area? Beautiful!

A friend of mine just wrote an interesting blog piece you all might enjoy. If you comment on it, I think he'd be flattered. He's a smart cookie:
http://turbochimp.com/post/So-What-are-You-Going-to-Do-About-It.aspx

peace

nina said...

Thanks for the link Publius. I left a comment, blew it and left another. Ahhh, C'est la vie.

It seems that thousands of IT elves worked through the night to restore the semblance of normalcy to techworld.

Just like nothing happened at all, and maybe it didn't. So I painted in a black helicopter in my current work just to remember something that didn't happen...

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to not seeing your helicopter...or something like that.
Heard from Michael via email--he's been down with the flu for a couple of weeks---

Jj

Jacob Gittes said...

Nina:
Everything ok over there... wherever there is?

I've got a Robyn Hitchcock song in my mind. I saw him April 19. Great poet/songwriter. Also an artist. And seems to be a kind soul. A link to one of his paintings, which I see is owned now by Peter Buck of REM (who was playing lead guitar with Robyn):
http://www.robynhitchcock.com/rhpearlptg.htm

Anonymous said...

From Belgium,

Hi Nina,

You have commented on the Campfire a few times now and so today I decided to come over to your site to see what it was all about and was truly amazed to start reading my own comment c&p’d into your latest post. I do have to admit that there does seem to be some pretty weird things going on at the moment not all of which are understood or meant to be understood by the likes of us. Maybe it is just synchronicity or maybe not; who knows.

I like the style of your blog by the way.

Wrt Pay Pall going weird, are you aware of this site? Deliberate or not? This is another who knows.

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

On your previous post and the words of your friend about the government having a file on everyone, this is kind of interesting and enlightening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlOUXWQP-KM&NR=1

nina said...

Oh gosh, Belgium, yes, that must have been a shocker. I should have alerted you. LOL, but you know, I didn't want to draw attention to myself at the Trouts. Also, I was intrigued by your post and just went awol on protocol. Thank you for your links and your thought inspiring words here and on Campfire. In the end, of all days you chose to visit, this day then was exactly right.

nina said...

I LOVE that painting Publius. I won't even start with all the good things I could say and go on and on and on.

Reminder to lurkers, you'll like the links we share here. Help yourself.

nina said...

Okay, ok, here's what it looks like happened. Visible broke through Mach 9 yesterday morning on Smoking Mirrors. You all probably saw that. Whatever is out there as foliage was rattled enough to catterwall for the whole day.

Jacob Gittes said...

The Channel WireMay 15, 2009
When Google Goes Down, So Does 5 Percent Of The Internet?
We knew a Google outage had worldwide Internet impact, but do we know just how much? Here's an unsettling number to chew on over the weekend: the Google outage Thursday that brought down Google's search platform and many of its Web-based applications meant that 5 percent of Internet traffic went with it.

That's the statistic offered by Arbor Networks' Craig Labovitz, who in a Thursday blog post and Web traffic graph noted that between 10:15 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, Thursday, average traffic across 10 tier-one and tier-two Internet service providers declined 5 percent.

"If you happen to be Google and your content constitutes up to five percent of all Internet traffic, people notice," Labovitz wrote. "Network engineers around the world frantically e-mail traceroutes to mailing lists. IRC channels fill with speculation. And end users Twitter (a lot)."

It wasn't just Google itself being affected, either.

The Web performance research firm Gomez told Business Week that the Google outage also slowed response times for Web sites in 238 of the 560 global regions Gomez covers -- a result of the disrupted Google Analytics service and the millions of Web pages that use Google Analytics to track content.

In a statement on Gomez's website, CTO Imad Mouline outlined the implications of what he described as a "ripple effect."

"The impact of Google's problems demonstrates the complexity of today's Web sites and their susceptibility to performance issues when third-party content or service providers experience problems," Mouline said. "Many web properties were probably unaware of today's situation, because traditional monitoring solutions would not detect the issue or isolate the root cause."

According to Google, which took personal responsibility for the outage in a blog post, the problems started about 7:48 a.m. E.T. on Thursday, and ended up disrupting service for more than 14 percent of Google users worldwide. Google blamed the problem on a "traffic jam" that occurred when it erroneously routed some of its Web traffic to Asia.

"We've been working hard to make our services ultra-fast and 'always on,' so it's especially embarrassing when a glitch like this one happens," wrote Urs Hoelzle, senior vice president of operations for Google, in the blog post.

That Google being disrupted for a few hours managed to cause such a stir is one more indication of the Internet market share it commands. The latest figures from Internet traffic researcher comScore put Google's share of search in the U.S. at just shy of 64 percent -- and climbing.

Dadnerd said...

funny how one black hawk changes the whole image. From the tranquil past, to the ominous present.

I wonder if the course of history will be derailed by the few who see what is really going on?

Nice painting.

Anonymous said...

From Belgium,

Nina, feel free anytime, I am not a protocol person, well most of the time anyway, it just hit me where I wasn’t expecting it but I really don’t mind at all.

nina said...

Thank you Dadnerd.

Yes, the Blackhawk make the past into the present. So we have one long string starting from somewhere, maybe nowhere, going nowhere. This isn't a negative thing, it is just what it is. Its not us.