D E E P I N T O A R T L I F E WEST

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Standing at the banks of the Whitewash River

I could just make this entry a diary of the past few intense weeks and probably get away with it, but I don't want to "get away" with anything, its against Nature. In fact, since my personal survival method lacks "getting away" with something, I'll surely fail out there in our new cold, cruel world. I wouldn't be alone though, there are a lot of people like me. I know this because I have met them along the way. The threat of failure is only a momentary splash on our sunglasses if we hang around the Whitewash Riverbank too often.

I wonder how many of my friends here think I'm a lot like them? We would be exactly alike if we removed all of our crutches and apparatus for getting along in the Hierarchy's civil-ization, aka The Game, aka The Zombie Food Court. We would be exactly the same minus everything that made us think we are individuals. It would be a great world, wouldn't it, if all the me's and mine's and owners and possessors and partisan parties and borders just evaporated. Someday it will be like this. This is the real war, its a world war that's been going on earlier than the year Zero, AD. One thing is certain, we will win it someday because its all about the truth. How we feel about this on any given day is variable because our immediate survival insists we step into the River of Whitewater Whitewash on occasion. We are influenced no matter how strong and certain we are about ourselves.

Everything that we think "happens" to us is rooted in the River. Only your own internal buoy will keep you afloat and it is you, alone, who must paddle yourself home. There are old songs and biblical passages about this kind of thing, remember "You got to walk that Lonesome Valley" or "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow ... "? This is one of the reasons I can say we're not alone in the struggle, the fact is we've got plenty of company and always have, going way, way back. Its a long war. War is definitely not the right word for this. Actually, we don't have a word in English or any western language that accurately describes what is happening. "Win" is inappropriate as well. What do you say when everything on the one hand is fubar while everything on the other hand is rock solid truth? I'm going to say "intentional juxtaposition". How's that?

At any given time, we are doing our best. The myth is "we can do better". Can we do better at doing nothing? Can we do better by adjusting our settings so no alien computer spies on our blog comments? Can we do better spending money we don't have, can we try harder to be someone, something we are not and never were or will be? Maybe we can do better by wearing earplugs and blinders? Can we do better when we are sleeping? See what I mean? You are enough just as you are. The true you underneath the accoutrement of the motion picture starring your Self-Representative is good enough, all of the time, anywhere in the Universe, in any setting, even the Rose Garden if you were somehow thrust into it ... but don't count on that being televised. The real you is not going to be picked up by Larry King, not even Oprah wants you as you are, which is interesting isn't it, you being at your best and all.

There was a line spoken by Martin Sheen to his son, Bud, in the film Wall Street. It went something like "A man lives long enough, he sees everything." I thought it was a good line then, but lately it comes back to me as a great line. Far superior to Descartes' "I think, therefore I am." which I find kind of juvenile. Sheen's line is rock solid truth, I mean, look around, did you ever think ---, meanwhile, Rene Descartes encourages the me-ism of the individual as if "I am" completely justifies adopting the Illusion's version of jugular justice and its accompanying outrage, excuses, side-winding, winners, losers and various in-sane punishments and tortures.

We are bored to distraction with this nonsense, are we not?

The glorified individual is just another boulder in the Whitewash River. They are stuck there literally for eternities. It is our job to paddle past them proving the Universe is fluid. Maybe they will even hoot and holler in your wake, admonishing in their Hierarchical tongues, threatening and advertising themselves in terror babble. You can spend every hour of every day for the rest of your life listening to it, acknowledging it, adjusting your mental settings to it as it pole dances nude, flashing Monopoly money and promising salvation in pop-up masquerades on your webcams or you can just paddle on home and clean up your soul in your own way.

We have in a sense, become labeled without the label, no one is really saying it, but we have been here before. This is where the permanent outcast class has it over the sunken middlins, long ago they got the message. We had a little breather following the Civil Rights Movement, but its doubled back with a vengeance previously thought to be impossible, this time slamming everyone but the ones doing the slamming. Victims qualify for full outcast status by the mere fact of their victimhood and thus perceived as weak and stupid, dependent and available for suckering. Victims don't think, therefore they are not. What is the difference anymore between "injuns" and you and me? Everything we read about the history of the Native Americans and the African Americans enlightens us to the truth of the present which is this unsustainable intentional juxtaposition that places victims in the enemy camp.

When you listen to Muddy Waters singing Willie Dixon's, "I just wanna make love to you", the intentional juxtaposition becomes very clear. It is no accident we and our historical brethren cannot get next to them, much less intimate. And yet, we must and we will. The pain and misery of knowing what the Universe asks of us and not being anywhere near the finish line is to some of us unbearable. It appears as such a simple step. But in our immediate situations, its helpful to remember we have been here before and could be here again and over again. It is a long war. We have to love them if we are going to join with the Universe, which is a given, it cannot be denied to Earth, no planet left behind sort of thing. When you peer into the night skies at the Milky Way, our destiny is absolute even to the naked eye, if anyone is looking. I know you look, too.

I want to thank Michael now for bringing me back from the river banks with his link.

39 comments:

Jacob Gittes said...

wow - great post.
I still really have nothing to say, though. It's kind of liberating.
My son has a curious habit, for a three year old. He likes confirmation of his knowledge in a certain way. He'll say something like, "this is butter I'm putting on my bread." Then he'll ask you, "What is this I'm putting on my bread."
"It's butter," I'll say.
I don't know why I'm mentioning this, but I like the circularity of it.

I feel better than I have, physically, in 10 years, maybe 20. What did I do to get here? I've given up, really, on "making it." I drink very very moderately. I smoke a cigarillo made in the Dominican Republic every once in a while. I bike to work more and more, 11 miles one way. I carry heavy buckets of crushed limestone for the patio area we are building at our extended family living complex. I drink good coffee. I find I can even focus and read again... I just started 'the adventures of Huckleberry Finn' after reading A Room with a View. Kind of random...

My interpretation of my situation: I'm a tiny bit more ready for flux and the unknown than my dear family members, and I'm more able to avoid alarming them. I just focus on acting and learning. Like learning how to make zucchini bread. My next project is to learn how to skin a squirrel, and find wild onions and other edible plants by the river.

Something is in the air, though... if I had any money to invest or invested, I might even be trying to get a sense of the smell of rot coming out of Wallstreet and Washington.

Humans only need about 2k calories per day, shelter, a source of heat if it's cold, and some companionship. A guitar or ukelele for multimedia entertainment.

su said...

I don't know what it means but there is ESET anti virus on this old thing and for the past two days every time I open your page it pops up a rectangle (very orderly) that informs me that the IP address is being blocked.
I have no idea whether it is yours or mind and don't really think it means anything but thought I would share it.

nina said...

Fer crying out loud, I'm sure its Vista. I'm hanging in there until the release of Windows 7 on October 22. XP is only a memory now. XP made sense. I advise everyone using XP to back up the OS on DVD asap. When your hard drives eventually crash, you won't be able to buy or download XP anywhere. I've seriously thought about installing WIN 98 since that is the only option immediately at hand.
I have to stress that I am amazed and happy to be back, regardless.

Publius, you probably have some input on this situation. What do you think is going on? Better, how to fix it?

Its looking as if the memory on newer drives is increasing to hold more unnecessary security and entertainment apps thereby slowing down the web experience to a crawl which will force us into DSL. Tech funneling?

Anonymous said...

Had to wait a while on this one Nina--I had to come back and read it a few times.

Truth doesn't need us--Truth can't be made less than it is or more than it is in it's "only" state--
Truth will be around long after we are gone, as it was here before we were--

We can't make truth stronger by our belief, or lack thereof--Truth doesn't need us to succeed--there is no up or down, left or right with truth--it just is--it exists as it is--

I wonder if truth just looks at all the bullshit in the world, our facts and figures, who is right and who is wrong--depending if you are the doer or the ones being "done" unto--after all, don't Obama, Bush, Cheney and the gang feel they are right in what they are doing--as do we......

Who's truth is it--or does any of that have anything to do with....well, I can't even say "the" truth--help me out here, I am missing something huge that is right in front of me....maybe an un/in-definable?

Please don't get all esoteric on my ass.....plain and simple.......please.

Jj

Jacob Gittes said...

Nina,
Could you give me more details of your problems?
Would you like to discuss the details over direct email? Do you do that sort of thing? If not, put a concise list of your tech problems here... or tell me where to find such a list. Your new laptop is probably licensed to run XP - I could even send you a copy, therefore.

nina said...

Did you read the one and only link in the piece, Jj? All the way through? That's all you need to do. Its very important.
I realize a lot of people won't have the patience to read and digest it since we live in an instant world, but we're not "a lot of people". It is only to our collective advantage to take in the information I'm offering.

nina said...

Publius, many thanks, that would be a blessing. I've got to attend to a few things here and will figure out how to get that to happen. Back soon. Whew.

Zoner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

OK, I'm only 1/2 way through and it sounds like it was written by a REALLY coked out first year college student with a double major in law and religious studies....maybe a little psych 101 thrown in for good measure--Maybe a bit of blotter acid too--

Yes, I will read it till the end.

I have read stuff like this before in books, over time---usually they start out good and then just descend into...well, whatever it is they descend into--Even if it were true, what does it do for you on a day-to-day basis? It just seems to be more "you're not in control"--"we will control the horizontal, we will control the vertical"--there is a plan, there is a purpose--you're just not enlightened enough to see it--but you can always send us a 29.99 per month "DONATION" and get our enlightenment newsletter and secret decoder ring--
"Drink Your Ovaltine"

Jj

nina said...

My experience reading the pdf was purposely slow going, re-reading paragraphs and taking it in as I went along because I seek the biggest picture possible of what is happening and created the space in which to focus my complete attention regardless of distractions, dogs barking, running comments from another person and so on, pausing and starting over many times. I have said here often our language is part of the problem, I have come to many realizations on my own already that are underscored in the work. I remain impressed and impressed as well the author expressed so much in remarkable detail using common words.
Some of what this work says is simply we are headed in a direction of unity and will unite here as a necessary step in the process. What I have just said however, is like a fleck of sand in the Saudi Arabian deserts, ie; meaningless without the full text. What we've experienced since the advent of western civilization is a divide in Universe-view, that of the Hierarchy, based in student-teacher relationships vs. Sovereign Knowledge, the knowing we possess innately. Actually, we already possess everything we need to know, but through language and all the tools of the Hierarchy we're taught to ignore and deprecate that which we possess. An important aspect of ignorance and deprecation is western civilization's adversarial relationship with Nature in which the teacher teaches the student exploitation as necessary to existence at large. Ran Prieur refers to Hierarchical control as "top down control". Ring a bell?
Progress is being made, but it is barely noticeable relative to what presently dominates and coerces our attention.
Wingmakers wrote The Shifting Models of existence in 1998, since then its only more obvious what he wrote then is Sovereign Truth, now more than ever.

Here is my question, if people are having problems getting into Wingmaker's piece, who among you read and understood Thaddeus Golus's The Lazy Man's Guide to Enlightenment?

nina said...

Well Jj, your analysis kinda explains your getting involved with Tea Party protests, doesn't it.

Anonymous said...

You mean my brief stint attempting to educate folks who, as we already know/knew, don't want to know?
If I have affected only one person positively, it will have been worth it.....lol--not really, I could have used the time to clip my toenails

Like so many things, I have put that behind me and moved on--just something I felt compelled to do--gone and forgotten--

I don't see the correlation between my brief dance with the Tea Party (trying to educate others) and the meaning of life and the universe concisely presented in a 40 page PDF document by a person who never actually says anything and who deliberately uses flowery language (psychoanalytical bullshit) to cover the lack of substance---kinda like the bible or the "who's on first skit"--nothing personal, it just rings hollow to me--

Batter up--

Jj

Anonymous said...

Is this our first lovers spat?........lol

Jj

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wingmakers link. It reminds me of the Tao te Ching v25

There is something chaos formed
Preceding heaven and earth in its birth

Silent!
Formless! alone it stands does not change

Surround goes around without slowing
thereby is Mother all growing

I do not know it's name
Love to call it Tao
forced to name it call it great
great implies far-reaching
far-reaching means removed
removed implies returning

Thus Tao is great, heaven is great, earth is great, king also great
In the universe there are four great ones, and royalty is one of them

Man takes after earth
Earth takes after heaven
Heaven takes after Tao
Tao takes after itself

RW

nina said...

Thank you RW. Here is the Witter Bynner version of same ...

25

Before creation a prescience existed,
Self-contained, complete,
Formless, voiceless, mateless,
Changeless,
Which yet pervaded itself
With unending motherhood.
Though there can be no name for it,
I have called it 'the way of life.'
Perhaps I should have called it 'the fullness of life,'
Since fullness implies widening into space,
Implies still further widening,
Implies widening until the circle is whole.
In this sense
The way of life is fulfilled,
Heaven is fulfilled,
Earth fulfilled
And a fit man also is fulfilled:
These are the four amplitudes of the universe
And a fit man is one of them:
Man rounding the way of earth,
Earth rounding the way of heaven,
Heaven rounding the way of life
Till the circle is full.

nina said...

Publius, how can I email you? I visited your blogs, love your waterbaby Eero, but could not find an email address. Also, which blog is the one you post on most frequently? You should be on my bloglist.
I think I've finally got one of five attempts at a working email, slow as any webmail, but better than nothing. artlifewestatyahoodotcom

Jacob Gittes said...

Nina,
I'm pretty cagey about my email address for some reason... Zoner has it. By the way, how are you doing Z? I will email you tomorrow. I hope you are feeling better. I have never yet had a bad physical problem that has laid me up, but I've been depressed enough to stay in bed or my apartment all day - this was when I quit grad school years ago. I was in the lab one day, in the dark, doing research on some poor amphibians whose heads I had to cut off myself... it all seemed so pointless, and the torn up newspaper I found on the lab floor seemed far more interesting. I went to the university counselors and psychologists, but they didn't tell me anything that would help me. So I took off and lived in a sailboat in a harbor somewhere for a few months. That was the start of my recovery, I think, which is still ongoing. While there, I read the good book, Voltaire's Bastards, The Dictatorship of Reason in the West. Highly recommended. I met crazy people, like the Frenchman who had raised two children in a sailboat. Great guy - he was ahead of his time. He expected industrial civilization to collapse, and he was ready to sail away. They'd already been around the world... he also introduced me to the great Theodore Roszak: his famous book is Where the Wasteland Ends. Wow... good stuff. Really demystifies the cultish demystifiers who have taken over the heart and soul of this world, and tried to put in a mechanistic heart in its place.

Back to Nina: I shall email you re: your computer tomorrow. We'll figure something out. I do this for a living at the moment, until the bitter end perhaps. I like my coworkers: they are mainly blue collar, and I'll take blue over white any day.

Tea Parties: I'd like to see a good old fashioned Tea Party, like the Bostonians did some centuries ago, but the modern equivalent is too self-conscious and controlled by appearances and the attempt to appear a certain way. Who really cares about the commonweal anymore? The Big O is good at the rhetoric of the common good, but where are the actions? Even talking like this gets me blank stares and the label of "conservative freak," or something like that. I guess I'm not allowed to think for myself... and then the fact that I want to hunt and furnish my table with meat by my own hand... beyond the pale!

The map of reality we've created, as Kunstler points out today, has not the faintest connection to the landscapes we inhabit anymore. They proved useful at one time, before they were all corrupted by the elites who approve the maps. Here there be monsters... truly.

Avoid the thrashings of the dying leviathans, for they will take as many innocents down as they can. They already are. Be well.
No ditto heads here...

nina said...

The opposite of in-sane would be out-of-sane. In Sanity vs. Outside of Sanity.

arthurdecco said...

“You are enough just as you are. The true you underneath the accoutrement of the motion picture starring your Self-Representative is good enough, all of the time, anywhere in the Universe, in any setting, even the Rose Garden if you were somehow thrust into it ... but don't count on that being televised.” Posted by Nina

There was a time when “true you” Americans considered themselves an organic part of their community – not the star of a motion picture being filmed in their own mind. There was a time when attitudes like that were rightly considered to be indications of severe peculiarity, if not outright mental illness.

We have television to thank for the infection of our communal philosophy with junk science designed to discredit what has worked since the beginning of America to further the agendas of the country’s omnipresent oligarchy.

It appears collectivism is only acceptable behavior for Those Who Rule.

It’s the idiotic, “man is an island” crap for everyone else.

Before those sociopathological conceits were encouraged, (the movie-in-my-own-mind conceit, the man is an island conceit), before the mythical ascension of the “heroic stranger who protects the helpless with his own aggressive, pathological madness” became part and parcel of the American myth manufacturing fabric thanks to dime novelists and motion picture producers, most people considered themselves protected members of their communities, safe knowing their kin and neighbours would protect each other in times of trouble. They shared the same opinions. They attended the same churches. They shopped at the same neighborhood store. They collectively struggled hard to make their smaller world work the way they wanted it to.

Eyes are rolling…that’s okay…It’s sometimes hard to acknowledge a truth when it makes you feel itchy and uneasy…Sometimes truth is inconvenient and dry-skin-flaking/making.

arthurdecco said...

continued:

The fact is the deliberate Rendering of America’s social fabric in the last half of the 20th century has finally destroyed the essence of what the country stood for from its inception.

What America’s founding fathers fought for has been twisted beyond all recognition by those they fought against - the dregs of an immoral, corrupted and pestilent ruling class driven by greed and their own bone-deep hostility to the majority of their fellow citizens - by the most viciously sociopathic movers and shakers imaginable - and by the hollowed out and emotionally stunted who celebrate rape and worship rapine.

John Maynard Keynes wrote: "Capitalism is the astounding belief that the wickedest of men will do the wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."

How did this happen?!?

When 20%+ of the general population of the United States are considered mentally ill and are still permitted to vote – when a majority of those in positions of power can be described quite rightly as sociopaths, based on the findings of several studies of sociopathology in politicians – how can the average, normal, “individualized” citizen compete against that kind of well-organized horde of rotten and rapacious villains intent on plunder and self-advancement on the backs of those they take delight in oppressing?

The fact is we can’t.

There is no defense left to us in this world they have distorted to their own ends. There is no defense against their vulgarity, greed, belligerence, dishonesty or murderous contempt.

Sane people aren’t equipped to deal with the criminally insane. Even the mental health professionals who could identify the scourge eating America alive have been co-opted through academic blackmail and the ruthless culling of any dissenting voices at the undergraduate level. Money talks. Integrity walks. It has always been so.

There is nowhere to turn but to your families, your neighbors, your immediate communities and hope like hell these monsters swallow their own tails before you’re forced to choose between destroying them, (thereby protecting your children’s children), or capitulating to their demands in order to survive under the radar of a nightmarish, oppressive future they are designing for you – one I can guarantee you that you won’t see in a movie.

Real life never looks like movies.

I’m still looking for an alternative future to the one mapped out for me. One that doesn’t involve groveling. OR watching myself on my internal DVD player with surround sound. There’s so much more to living than ME! There are so many better movies I’d rather be watching if I have to watch a movie…

‘The Thin Man’ comes to mind…’The Maltese Falcon’…’Forrest Gump’…

A prayer, of sorts:

…Please someone, keep alive the spirit, the Glorious ‘Idea’ of America through this time of darkness in the world.

Someday we’ll be in a position to rejuvenate it...

amen

I’d like to leave the last word to our hostess, a woman of insight:

Nina wrote: “The glorified individual is just another boulder in the Whitewash River. They are stuck there literally for eternities. It is our job to paddle past them proving the Universe is fluid. Maybe they will even hoot and holler in your wake, admonishing in their Hierarchical tongues, threatening and advertising themselves in terror babble. You can spend every hour of every day for the rest of your life listening to it, acknowledging it, adjusting your mental settings to it as it pole dances nude, flashing Monopoly money and promising salvation in pop-up masquerades on your webcams or you can just paddle on home and clean up your soul in your own way.”

nina said...

Magnificent Arthur. I'll bet you're great at Darts too. Now, finally I can call it a day. Sleep well and don't forget your prayers.

Anonymous said...

The elites turn will come when those who protect them decide they want a bigger chunk of the pie--and the baking pan, the uncooked ingredients and the oven--

"They" never get their hands dirty--to do so would be appalling to them--so lowly a task--They are just used to saying "do what you have to do"--they are cowards--psychopathic, spineless cowards and ruthless, but still cowards--

As I have said before, the Private wants to be Captain, The Captain wants to be General, The General wants to be King, and the King wants to be King of Kings--too many applicants and not enough jobs at the top--

My hope is that folks at the bottom refuse to engage one another on the battlefield and instead engage as a community--I doubt that will happen as you will have the thugs, religious zealots, whiners, and all the rest.......but maybe there is still hope somehow--

Jj

arthurdecco said...

"I'll bet you're great at Darts too."

You can make me laugh out loud, Nina.

Sorry for the verbosity - I sometimes get on a tear and just can't stop clicking the keys until the ideas my reading inspires are drained right out of me.

nina said...

Arthur, don't let my brevity ever get in the way of your inspiration. I was very tired, had been up from 3 am with one of the worst sinus headaches ever that in earlier times qualified for the ER - but not now, oh no. You know how it is now. We paddle on while the river grows higher and more dangerous.
I dreamed about your "inspiration". Calling it "verbosity" is just using a politically correct description to lessen the impact of truth. Its our language, again, tragically, in other words, if it can't be reduced to an advertising slogan, it isn't worthy. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see lines from the Constitution distorted into Jello banners on the backsides of buses.

nina said...

Jj, too many rats in the cage creates fighting, hope is not a solution, hope is nothing but putting off the inevitable. We've been over this before, I find little agreement because hope is a firmament of the established order. Hope is wishful thinking as is belief, like the judgemental God in robes up in the sky. Hope, in reality, is admitting one has no perceptive power and worse, no interest in the truth.

Maybe we are supposed to "believe" overpopulation is unmanageable, naturally chaotic, without killing off vulnerable numbers?

Where is this heading for the human species? You only have to look to the relatively recent past the get the full, ugly vision. Its all there. Work back from pre-Civil Rights and keep going. Right away you come to the Tuskegee Experiment, ghettos as far as the eye can see, Migrant Mothers, snake handling and moonshiners and that's just for starters. Technology doesn't really play as great a part as reported when its unaffordable.

Anonymous said...

Do you believe one can manifest-either good or evil--good, and/or great-do you believe that through our positive vibration(s) we can draw toward ourselves those things/people that are good, and repel those things/people that are not?
Perhaps hope was not the right word to use...there go those darn words again....

Jj

nina said...

I don't believe Jj.
I appeal towards that which does no harm and further, supports and enables others in their journey. You can say that is just a philosophy vulnerable to manipulation, but fundamentally, it remains at the forefront because it creates exponential happiness.

arthurdecco said...

Nina said: "Arthur, don't let my brevity ever get in the way of your inspiration."

I don't think there's any danger of that happening, Nina. LMAO! I'm "type A" personified, as if you didn't know.

On a different note, I hope your headache has subsided - no one deserves that special kind of hell even for one minute.

Jacob Gittes said...

Arthur Decco's little essay was great. Thanks.
The movie he mentioned reminds me of Dylan's song "Ballad of a Thin Man."

I might see a sister I haven't seen in about 15 years tonight... it's about time. She now has a 15 year old son. She finally left her partner, who is an alcoholic. She and my nephew will now be living close. I hope to get them into growing a huge garden this next year... perhaps enough to even sell at the farmer's markets.

She and her son are living in small town near my other sister, in a building the other sister owns. They have plenty of land for a large garden. On verra...

Anonymous said...

Nina,
Whenever i have any sinus problem, I boil some water in a pan--pour that water into a bowl and put in a few (3-5) Drops of Tea Tree Oil--put a towel over your head like a vaporizer and breathe in through the nose--you can also just use the towel or a lid to cover the pan in between inhales--it has helped many people--not just us--

Don't know why it lasts longer if you put the hot water into a bowl, instead of keeping it in a pan--but it does-

You'll know if you put too many drops in--it'll feel like the back of your head got blown off--

Inhale through the nose until there is no more aroma of the the tea tree oil--

I do it again about an hour after the first time--has never taken more than 2-3 times to work--

Good Luck--oops--heal thyself---oops--
your head should feel better--

Jj

nina said...

Jj, thank you very much for that! I was told something similar a few years ago - only they'd recommended Eucalyptus oil. I think they'd underestimated the pain/nausea experience. Next time in town, I WILL get colloidal silver and tea tree oil. Looking forward to it in fact.

Now I'm reflecting in the aftermath: perhaps all soulful/brilliant seekers chronically suffer from some kind of pain producing disability allowing them access to the absurd reality of our common situation? When you are in the grip of intense pain, you are forced to question everything. There are definitely influences responsible that remain largely unidentified at this stage. The problem with naming them means you have to face the next question which is why does one do this to themselves.

Publius, good news for the three Publiettes! This is going to be a great helper, an expansion of your support community. My brother and his family were just here last week and I can identify with your anticipations. Your sister will be going through plenty herself, but allowing everyone to have their say and creating group activities as you are doing already is just the right thing. This is all going to work out for all of you, I can really see it.
Oh and Thin Man, THE perfect musical accompaniment for Arthurdecco-inspirations, yes indeed. Shades and bongos, striped turtlenecks and high fivin'.

Now Arthur, for what its worth, I'm hard to impress, but first thing out of my mouth today was "You have to see what arthurdecco said, it was the most direct, honest, concise ..." I had to get pretty animated in order to break through the Sibel Edmonds quest, but I did. I've noticed he definitely likes it that you visit here.

Allow me to wrap up this all-inclusive comment with a highly recommended link to South Africa , as if some of us have not already hurried over.

arthurdecco said...

Sometimes posting
my online opinions
ends up reminding me
of what it must be like
to shout hoarsely
into the bowels of an
abandoned gutted building -
my words ripped out of my life
from the inside,
each a distinctive part
of the collective thought
I have linked not with string
but with echoes and dreams
suspended in that dark airless space
that flashes 'gone'
the moment I hit the send button.

So thanks for your kind words, Nina and Publius. It's rare I read a compliment. I'm more used to barking and scolding being directed at me and my opinions and that's if there is any response at all. ;-)

Re: "I've noticed he definitely likes it that you visit here."

I'm just grateful he led me here...Thank him for me, will ya?

arthurdecco said...

I was taking another stroll through your garden when I rediscovered this:

"It wouldn't surprise me at all to see lines from the Constitution distorted into Jello banners on the backsides of buses." Nina

This needs to be bronzed and put up over your computer monitor. Great writing and better-than-that thinking.

Ironically, it would fit perfectly on a backside bus poster where lots of people could read it and maybe even get it.

How much are those bus poster spaces renting for in LA, San Francisco or San Diego anyway?

...Sounds like an interesting living art project...hmmmm...

nina said...

I think its a great idea! Its very "Relational". A nutshell of the Relational Art movement was defined in a recent gallery exhibition in which a ladder led to a hole in the ceiling through which climbers reached a transparent plastic bubble to observe the ordinary lives of the upstairs occupants.
Relational in bus slogans would be timely, allowing observers to simply take it from there, creating their own relationships to the phrase and recognize its relationship to these times.
I have no idea what this would cost, but I'm sure it would be pretty easy to find out. I'm thinking its rather expensive and requires extended contracts since we only see corporatocracy banners.
But it would by really funny. It would get some people quite concerned. We could do the word Jello in colored swigglies and get sued into holy hell. Imagine the news headlines? Internet Users Burned at the Stake in Jello Suit.

Anonymous said...

It pleases me when I see two artists find that appreciation for each other in the way only artists can--like when one musician "gets" where the other one is going with a piece, or a vision--

An "Online Jam" of sorts---

I'm not an artist (although I have dabbled) , or a writer (although I like conversing in the written word), or a musician (though I can play the guitar) I appreciate art, music and the written word--from those who have been given, and have developed the talent and found their style--constantly striving and stretching--
Very Cool!!!!

You know it when you see it, or hear it..

Forget the buses--Bumper Stickers!!!!

Jj

Anonymous said...

Did you catch the synchronicity at Su's and Origami---

Quite--

Jj

arthurdecco said...

Bumper stickers are too small, Jj.

This is the 21st century, afterall... (It's unfortunate you have to hit someone in the side of the head with a shovel to get their attention these days, but you do, you do...)

Pangolin said...

Small god says: "Pain is The Gate to Compassion."

Okay, he bellowed it while lighting my peripheral neuropathy up like a christmas tree. Then he showed me how to disconnect pain and suffering.

Pain is required; suffering is optional. Suffering is a chemical signal that you can learn to turn off. Explore compassion if you want to understand your pain.

And, no, you don't have to be the frapping buddha. You just need to be led through the door a few times.

nina said...

Agree. and ... Agree.