D E E P I N T O A R T L I F E WEST

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Do you see me?

Both my blogs displayed messages they'd been deleted this morning. The gmail account was close to blocked with the craziest captchas/word verifications ever. I got through. I'm here and everything appears as it should. What happened? I definitely did not delete my blogs.
Let me know what you are seeing, if you are seeing this. Thank you!

17 comments:

Zoner said...

Well, I just sent an email inquiring and now - poof! You return.

I must say it was a bit unsettling to get that message. The mind goes into speculation mode and that is never a good exercise in my experience.

It all appears as it was, Corsairs still passing the Golden Gates and the other content appearing intact.

Z

nina said...

Whew. That is very good news Z! Indeed, the speculation runs wild. To cover all the bases, I changed the password, but I think it was simply technical because I've also gone into settings, resident and more importantly ebloggers, and upped the megabyte allotment. Still, it was weird.

Let me assure you, I wouldn't take these blogs down unless I moved somewhere else, like Wordpress or Typepad, and told everyone beforehand - very specifically and often.

I apologize for the inconvenience and speculations. Thank you, Z, for letting me know.

Anonymous said...

You vanished earlier.

You're back now.

turey.

su said...

So good to see you up again.
It was a blow to the stomach to see blog removed.
Just know that you were instantly missed and inquiries made.
Is your e mail address the same, have written but received no response.

Anonymous said...

That was weird. Thought you'd gone
the way of john. Of course... one
day one will wake up and ALL the blogs
will be gone. I've noticed this happening with great frequency lately, with blogs w/ different topics that just.... vanish. Maybe their 'trial run'?

nina said...

Thanks for checking in turey. It appears everything is back to normal.

Anon, I would not do it John's way, in fact John never really left, his blog remained. Now he's doing newsletter blogging which is even more hard hitting because its goes directly into your mailbox. You can visit his blog and sign up for it if you want to.

I started out on eblogger with three blogs, which quickly became unweildy and know about deleting blogs. Once you really do it, its gone forever. That is why in this case today, I really am leaning hard on the likelihood I was not allowing enough space for the graphics in the Gallery. The gmail, this blog and the gallery are all parts of one google account, what I do with one - affects all. SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It pains me to think I've caused even a moment of weirdness in our weird world which brings me again to Jj's absence. Its time to come home Jj. "Spat" over. C'mon, you can do it.

nina said...

Here's something else, last night I heard from a blogger we ALL miss VERY much and he has a new blog perfectly suited to his immediate involvements. Looking back, it was obvious where his heart lay. But it was easy to miss it since he is, as always, a serene supporter of other people's efforts. I can only cheer that he is seeking and always finding and seeking and finding. Who was it that said The only certainty is change?

Athanasor said...

Glad to see you're still here. I am a new reader, 6 months or so, got here through Charles Hugh Smith's site.

I find your writing quite poignant and the paintings evocative ( oy, that sounds like a beginner trying to write for an ARTSY quarterly in the East Village ). It's sincere, if bumbling. Anyway, glad you didn't disappear into the blog ether.

nina said...

Hi there Earl, any friend of Charles, is a friend of mine. I'd almost say the blackout brought good fortune seeing how you and turey have joined in the fun. Welcome!

Pangolin said...

I missed all the excitement but......

This little scare is a good warning. If you think a bit of information is going to be important to you in the future back it up on at least two pieces of media. For example, a hard drive AND a DVD.

If it's information that may be vital to your survival or emotional well being back it up onto hardcopy and file or notebook carefully. I have legal pads from twenty years ago but I don't have any of the writing I did on the net in the 90's. It's all gone beyond the technical obsolescence wall. That and I had a computer get stolen.

Electronic information isn't forever. Not even close. NASA lost the high-resolution video tapes of the original moon landing and pending miraculous recovery the data is gone forever. If you want it, put it on paper.

OT_I saw a B-17 bomber overhead this afternoon making an approach to the local airport. Rare, rare bird to be still flying.

nina said...

Thanks Pangolin, good information. I lost everything in the hard drive crash, its a lot of painstaking work to find email addresses, blogs, newsites, arghhhhhh,

nina said...

Meanwhile, for anyone who is getting lost, we're back on Mister Jones. Previous thread. Whew.

Anonymous said...

Trial run?
This headlined on drudge this a.m.
'Bill would give president emergency
control of internet'
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_
3-10320096-38.html
Should be an interesting Autumn,
as Gerald Celente puts it!

john said...

Hey, nice one! Glad to see you're back ok there Nina.

nina said...

Thank you, John. I am glad to be back, even though it wasn't down all that long, I'm still glad. (Winter soon come... almost stovular time)

Charles Hugh Smith said...

Nina, did you notice any black helicopters hovering near your abode during the "inexplicable blackout"?

(cross-file under ruthless paranoia and bad conspiracy humor)

I keep mirror sites just so any black helicopter/Googleplex/GWOT/"Oops! we broke wordpress" moment won't take down my scribblings.

Thank you for the link in the Sherlock entry

nina said...

Charles, I was rereading your essay while you made this comment. Thank you for writing it, thank you for everything you write. I am getting spoiled, there is a fuzzy art thought and I go to your weblog and WOW thought thoroughly, smoothly laid out with details and connections and supporting evidence.