When these things happen, and they happen with increasing frequency, things like NO SERVICE showing on the cellphone screen or calling into the corporatocracy about my promised Windows 7 upgrade and being told by an obviously outsourced and disinterested voice to call back in around 2 days since they were "in reset" at the moment, or the major artery into and out of a midwest hub has crumbled from the overweight of homebound commuters and everybody drove into the river, or the commuter trains in head-on collisions because the computerized traffic signals MALFUNCTIONED crushing at least 25 people to smithereens while the engineer twittered, we who are watching have little alternative but to weep in anguish that the world we thought was genuine is just a broken toy.
What did the plastics pushers think would happen when plastic breaks? Did they think at all? What did the mechanical engineers think when they put the rolls of plans into the hands of the Soprano's construction manager? What did the construction inspector think when he ran across entire regions of over-valued roach motels infected with lazy errors, bandaids, beerbottles, buckets of cheap labors' urine and Elmers glue-all? What is the community tax collector thinking when he outlaws wells and grazing animals, who is he in league with to declare self-defeating regulations and piles on surcharges and service fees to afford to send out meter bills on postcards anyone curious can read and will? We found one from the property tax assessors recently on a postcard declaring the value of the house. Everyone got one. Everyone knows everything, its their job. Puts food on the table for those outsourced by the corporatocracy too busy "creating" to handle the volume of eligible laptop users trying to sidle out of Vista's clutches. You don't "qualify" without active x going though your underwear drawer.
Oh, these tests and trials, they are the brillo pads of these times. Scrubbing bubbles foaming up the mores of our peeps. Little seratonin smileys leaving the station, gathering sweetly on the platform for their turn on the theme park's uptake inhibitor. We're not supposed to know the world is a box in the garage filled with broken toys that has come alive and threatens to consume the house, the neighborhood, the Interstates, the municipalities, the banks, the food chain, the great institutions of the great urban centers, the health of every living being who inhabits the gross intentional juxtaposition we find ourselves trapped inside today. Even our correctional institutions are privatized sleep away camps. No longer the private cells for two, heh, its bunkbeds dorm-style so everyone does as everyone else will. Cheaper to construct and faster, but when its feuding time its everyone's riot.
...Corrections officers got word that violence was brewing at the prison, prompting a lockdown imposed Thursday night. Tensions between Latino and black prisoners flared two days later, according to officers here.At the end of the day, all these self-destructing tchatchke and their plastic parts and soldered chips and shims and safety pins are human waste for urban landfills upon which monster doziers glide atop pressing, flattening until the next delivery repeats the overflowing toybox history of superpower legoland in the 21st Century on Planet Earth.
But in the end, inmates of every race were involved, leaving the cause of the clash unclear...
This brings me to to dispel a common belief concerning the popular Fema Camps story. The riot pictures above will have you thinking about that. There will be no internment of dissidents, no meals, no bunks in dorms, no hour of outdoors because it will be all outdoors unless you've managed to squeeze your family into a tent city until they are outlawed and you end up hobos in the underbrush huddling in a lean-to. There is no money for camps, there will be ... nothing. At least imprisoned felons are earning their way through the system, but you? Nada. Its all broken anyway, yes, it says Built to Last right here on the cornerstone, but that's silly, isn't it. Its another logoslogan printed on a removable sticker. The joke's on you. Have another Kleenex. We're all going to be brushing our teeth with leaf paste and eating bark until Darth Vader arrives with his citations pad and leashed collection agents.
Let's say you could play that one out all the way - comforting yourself that later on by Obamagic you'll qualify for some kind of relief. Homecare perhaps (I don't think so) or one of those Adult Living Facilities (no, again)? I seriously doubt the luxury of a nursing home in your golden years will exist anywhere unless Satan is running the personnel department.
The truth is we're in a trap with the lid padlocked and the keycode lost in a fedex breakdown on the Ventura Freeway. Passwords and plastic toy parts and desperate resumes flying every which way into the never-ending wildfires and plastic netting holding back the mudslides until there's no more netting to be found, no matter the price. We are facing no escape, no bunkbeds in government camps, no waiting in meal lines, no place to rest your body and just be. From here on out. After we're lost in the demands of the elements long enough, we could easily forget how it was we ever got there.
37 comments:
Someone's in an inspiredly gloomy doomy mood today!
Or maybe not...
might there not be an escape? Might it not be possible to live every so simply in a handmade log cabin a la the Foxfire series of books (highly recommended), drying your tomatoes, gathering wild ginseng, and raising a goat?
Of course, the "masses" (whoever they are) will never learn the old skills in time. It is they who will suffer unto death. The only question for me is will they take the rest of us out with them? Elitist of me, perhaps, but I studied biology and ecology. Almost all species undergo cycles of overpopulation and collapse. Perhaps "giant" species that live long and reproduce very slowly, like redwoods and giant tortoises, avoid this fate. But humans recently have been breading like rabbits, and behaving like lemmings.
Any of you out there interested in going north and helping me with a communal homestead type of living arrangement leave a comment here... we can talk. I'm very serious... but you have to be willing to work your posterior off. You must also enjoy such work. And not be afraid of bugs. A river runs through it, so the fishing will be good.
The unemployment numbers today are terrible, and retail sales are down, so the stock market should really do well today.
Publius,
there are others moving in nearly that exact same direction very near you.
I say nearly only because for me, 45 Minnesota winters are enough, and my own compass is set toward a more forgiving climate. There are more of "us" than you might think, though, and more will come to this pat out of necessity rather than any self-directed desire for change. That may be the best way to determine who might be a true ally as opposed to a burden - what drives the intent (survival instinct vs. a true realization).
If you need labor-type help, you know where to reach me.
Yes, plastic toys break, and unfortunately the refuse produced has quite the staying power. The fallout may be with us for the duration, and will likely be a useful reminder and a haunting ghost all at once.
Nina, I have nothing to say about your views here. All I can do is nod my head and know that the wheel keeps turning, while enjoying whatever simple thing might reveal itself. Things like a wee-hours sit with my 10-year old watching the meteor shower and wondering about it all, picking the first peppers from my garden.
Reset, please.
Love,
Z
Here's more juxtaposition, gentlemen, its a glorious day, the nights are bursting with satiny cool breezes floating with comets and distant planets, the wildlife, the Elk prosper, its full of miracles here, everyday - yet knowing/seeing this, brillo conspires to destroy? Who's the crazy one?
I was a single parent raising a daughter along with maybe 20 friends doing the same. Speaking to any of them now, we've all discovered our children are much harder, stronger and self-directed than we are. To them, our "doomer-gloom" is just a workaround. The mother group is in agreement this is a very good sign in every way you can imagine. The beloved young Zees and Eeros, inadvertently picking up on the vibe, will chart a better course.
Our own mothers and fathers were saturated with the image of endless prosperity. That was the vibe we picked up and unless we were raised in a West Virgina or Tennessee coal mining town, we were shuttered from the truth in such a way we believed we were entitled to it all. But real children of real people (I mean our children)are just not available for that fiction.
Publius, I read your first comment on the last post often and appreciate your experience of letting go the "great achiever fairy tale" and enjoying life so much more as the result.
Chickory's latest will blow your minds. I might have to make a space for it in the gallery by day's end.
There isn't any need for the damn plastic toys. I was woken at five a.m. by my brand new Personal-Imaginary-Fictative-Guiding-Entity (small god) who told me to go practice my lapsed Tai Chi before the sun hit the tree tops and there would be pretty girls. So I packed tea, nibbles, and a yoga mat on my bike and rode to the creek. There I practice a lame 20 minutes and sat down.
Sure enough pretty girls start running by the place I sit and when the sun hits the tree tops a drop dead lovely parks herself across the creek from me and dances beautiful yoga while i pretend meditation. Big tits and all.
I forgot to be an atheist. Small god is trying to convince me to become a techno-saddhi. He says I'll get a really nice broom, a bike and a new tiffin. Maybe a new laptop.
I'm not formerly one to practice the ritual use of shamanic herbs but it damn sure works for me. Suffering is a molecule. You can learn to turn it off. Seeing that it can be turned off is over half the battle.
Quit letting them into your head or at least control the speed of entry. Stay text based. Control your own music. Be suspicious of television and it's spawn. Take control of your brain.
Publius_What is that saying about there being no bad weather, only bad clothes?
If I was in the northlands stacked straw bales and a finnish stove would be the way to go. That or a sauna. Why heat the house when you can heat the body?
The posts I have read tonight are poetry with insight tucked tight inside.
Pangolin, you are so chromed and netbooked, I wanna go there. I was forced into calling because the manner in which they present the online application for the upgrade is designed to turn you off. Yes, they want you to get tired of filling out forms and give up. Text or talk, its all the same, you opt out because you don't want the hassle. Whatever they're offering, its not worth it at any price. I can't be in their games. I have no will to play. We have other things to do rather than get strung out on desperation brillo.
This is also why Vista is so alien for me.
Its all going to be diplodocus soon anyway. As big a change as the advent of the internet is already well underway. After you mentioned Chrome, I saw the future. Thanks for that.
Good evening arthur. So glad you dropped in. Had you met Pangolin yet? Isn't he clever? Its always a happy surprise to check out just what these commenters are up to elsewhere. I would say without hesitation everyone who goes to the effort to leave comments here is extremely interesting, not at all someone we'd come across, say in the chips and soda section. Bonne nuit.
gloomy yes but i always find that reassuring in some way. still this essay with the interweaving of ad campaign slogans, the worst of pop culture and the best of dark conspiracy theories, it was a gloomy that made me smile.
sorry i didnt get here in time to comment on the previous post - i wanted to read through wingmaker's PDF first.
i actually tried to put my resume back together to apply for a shit job at a g level college in the city so i could earn - what? maybe $15 and hour? then i abandoned it about 3/4 of the way and thought...get out of the whitewash river! im better off planting my fall garden, planning to expand my food program for next year and trying to do some art. but what to do about money?
thank you, for the shout out. i knew you must have said something when i went to my comment page this a.m. Im really honored you stopped by. and glad you liked the drawing.
tonight i am going to folk fest. its the biggest folk art show of the year and i will blog it by the weekend. im going to take lots of photographs of the good stuff. there are still some fine examples of outsider art to be found although i catch MFA's in there all the time pretending to be primitive.
thanks again, nina. you made my morning. btw that was me that deleted above. i need to remember that preview is my friend!
Nina- I've been driving macs since 1984. The one I'm using now is a laptop so dilapidated it's a sad joke. I have a little wad of paper where the right hinge used to be.
I don't argue with my tools. I buy good tools and take care of them. Same knife since '83. Same cast iron pans. Wood cutting boards because they have always been cleaner than plastic.
I have an obsidian hand ax to remind me that I don't need even the metal. It's a convienence. The net was put here to keep us distracted with porn while they stole the world. They ignore these little corners because they forget that philosophy matters.
Chrome is simply the descendants of Deadheads fighting back. Google was predicted in a book titled "Snow Crash" before the Google founders met each other. Dead show parking lots used to be littered with Volvo's of Silicon Valley creatives taking a break from the war with Microslop.
Now we enter a war of mentality and flesh vs. steel and explosives. Look to the works of Sean Stewart (The Night Watch) and Neil Gaiman for insight. Everyone gets to play if they just wake up.
http://journal.neilgaiman.com/
Like you need another link....
OT: to those looking for land: have you ever looked at the listings on "united country"? you will find some amazing deals. i mean amazing. all over the country. i found an abandoned farm in tennessee today at 30K with 3 acres. it needs fixing up but its not bad. check out crawfordville georgia which isnt far from UGA - nice frame homes in the country on acreage. ive been thinking about trading out the cabin for a real farm even though now probably is a terrible time to sell. the only thing that would be hard to find again is the water.
Ah wooden toys. We are "up North," as we say in Fargo-land.
We arrived really late last night, about 10 PM, and the boy was asleep. We put him to bed. When he awoke this morning next to me, the first thing he did was look over to the other room in the lower level of my mom's place, and he saw the old wooden model Chinese junk my mom had bought for me when I was about 5, decades ago... it's still in very good shape. The sails, the rigging, the ship's row-boat, the hatches, the gang plank, etc. Quite cute.
Anyway, he's seen it before, but he saw it right away, and said, "I LOVE that boat! I want a boat like that. I want to buy a boat like that, but I don't have any money."
Uh oh- he's only three, and now he realizes he doesn't have the money to buy something he wants. Not that he could find a hand-made, made somewhere in old Asia, wooden ship of that quality anyway.
How did he get this idea? I make him little toys out of wood. He's never felt scarcity. Yet a three year old just felt that he lacked the money he needed... What have I done! He doesn't even watch TV. Must be something in the culture.
I got the sailboat I made over ten years ago into the water, despite my crazy uncle's attempts to dissuade me. It's stored in his side garage - this is the house where he grew up. He's never left it, and he's over 70! A true bachelor. He kept saying, "are you sure it will float?" Or, "it's kind of an old fashioned boat. Why don't you get a new alumacraft and 25 horse motor... " Etc. Then it was too heavy for my mom's SUV's rack. On and on.
Well, my wife, old crazy uncle and I put the thing on the roof of the SUV (what are the damn things for if not for that?), and got it to the lake. There was no wind, but I took the wife and child for a row in the bay. Quite exciting... my son was in heaven, since he loves boats, but it's almost always toy boats in the bathtub, child's pool, or floor. Now he was in a real boat with a real bow, real sail, and real water. And his daddy built long before he was born, when his daddy didn't think that he would ever have, want, or be capable of fatherhood.
I checked out Pangolin's site... interesting stuff. And Chickory's blog - I too love Thoreau. And Annie Dillard. I'm glad she reminded me of Dillard. I wonder what Annie is up to and thinking...
I used to have a crush on Annie Dillard based on an old photo of her on a dustjacket cover. I still do.
Wow - Dillard is not traveling, not giving readings, not answering letters - and she doesn't say why.
But she seems to be painting! You artists should check her stuff out. I'm hitting the hay, but plan to read more on her site later.
Survival Bulletin Board: Have a look at comrade's Rocket Stove. Very cool, just the thing to appease small god ...
Publius? We're going down that road too. If we cannot move the mountains, we can at least cook sustainably.
Gosh Chickory, in ref to the places for sale, its a freakin' musical chairs out there! It makes me sad though, because behind most of these "bargains" is some awful kharma.
Before we go to sleep tonight, we'll want to dream on freyavision... thanks to Chickory.
Thank you, Chickory.
good point -although the farmstead i was referring to in tennessee has been abandoned...but you are right i have no idea under what circumstances that happened. our small newspaper has 4 pages of foreclosures in each edition...sometimes the money owed is less than 10K and which is incredible when you consider the bailing out of bankers. i cant imagine standing on the courthouse steps bidding on someones home and i imagine you are right about these deals on united country as well - benefitting from someone elses loss. not good.
thanks for your comment on freyavision. i havent written on that blog for over a year because i dont want to dilute what is already there. it is a blog as art piece -the character, the broken dutch, the photoshops...i dont want to clog up your comment area with a discussion of it, but like you might have guessed, i am paralyzed in some way because i do not know if i can top the last post. or even match it. so i have left it alone.
i really appreciate you taking a look.
thanks, Publius, for the link to annie dillards art page. she truly is a fauvist - i thought -franz marc when i first started looking and then scrolled down to find she said that herself.
if you like dillard and thoreau i am guessing you have already read wendell berry. his writings in "another turn of the crank" were in some way responsible for my dropping out of -as nina said - the whitewash river -
the essay on saving forest economies was of particular interest
How many homes stand vacant owned by the banks, while more and more families are forced into the street?
My home was foreclosed in march of 2008. It was perfectly suited for habitation, yet to the best of my knowledge it is still empty.
Meanwhile, I received a 1099 for the "money" the bank lost on the deal (they bought it from themselves when the Sheriff auctioned it). They said the money I didn't end up having to pay to the bank was considered "income" somehow.
Broken, indeed.
Z
Chickory, fear that you cannot exceed your highest expectations is just part of the experience. We like to think fear is only conquered by surpassing self-expectation. But fear, omni-present, is only dispelled by surrendering to it. After enough self-examination of fear, you'll get tired of it and do what you have to do to breathe anyway. Just look at the fear of not producing masterpieces consistently as step one of many processes and continue forward. This kind of fear is actually your friend, just another artist's material in the toolbox required to do what you do.
Accept & Surrender.
Nasty blow Z. Very typical. The bad kharma doesn't begin or end with the foreclosure, does it. Who knows where it ends? All I know is what proceeds disaster in relationships is often, initially, creeping issues about money. As if money was Satan's favorite weapon to annihilate trust. But you seem to have bonded closer with your loved ones, proving your strength of character in the process, maybe the heaviest test you will ever face, but then maybe not, tests are coming at us from everywhere now.
I am sure you know how I feel about the foreclosure-redistribution mania. It is the complete antithesis of my creed, Do-no-harm, and therefore composed of pure evil carried out by evil's spawn. For employed personnel to get involved with forcing evil means they have no compassion. Imagine these clerks undergoing training sessions to remove whatever traces of compassion that could have flowered had they not signed on the bottom line? Imagine the justifications they give themselves and their relations? Imagine how they self-correct when they find themselves faced with a family in tears across the desk? Imagine what that family had to go through to end up on the other side of that desk?
In thinking on that W-2 further Z, its almost as if the whole backruptcy was unnecessary because the bank has now put you into a new and higher tax bracket anyway.
So who's the boss here, the courts or the shylocks?
Actually, I think you can challenge this Z. Ask your attorney.
I also got matching 1099's from many of the creditors that "lost" money when I filed and achieved bankruptcy. When one considers that they never really had the "money" to begin with, it is simply absurd to think that they can claim "losses" on something that only existed as a simple entry in a file somewhere.
This is the crux of our financial dilemma as I see it. When you consider derivatives and really learn how fractional reserve banking works, it is easy to see that the "losses" are fictional - there was never anything really there to lose, but with the taxpayer's funding the bailouts, all that imaginary "wealth" is intended to be made real by the sweat of our labor for decades to come (if we make it that far).
When I read accounts of how so much "wealth" has been lost I have to laugh. IT NEVER WAS THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!! Besides, if it has been lost, where did it go? Transferred I can understand, but "wealth" isn't simply "lost" is it? I mean really, how stupid do these financial wizards think we are?
It may ultimately be to my peril, but when I got those 1099's I simple cursed them and recycled the paper. Let them try to collect from me. Bastards.
Z
As a further note, give this a spin.
http://ezinearticles.com/?Is-it-Possible-All-Mortgage-Contracts-Are-Void-and-Foreclosures-are-Invalid?&id=1069976
Its not for you they claim the loss, its for their own tax breaks. You are an afterthought, affected, but not their motivation. This brings up an interesting question about the root of the "housing crisis" in the first place. As time went on and bailouts took center stage, it appeared that housing was not actually the root, either, but merely another symptom, ie: a clever twist allowing the root to continue to branch. Your 1099s are proof of that intent.
I don't blame you for throwing them into the circular file, although proof is certainly instructive, after you've been subjected to enough misery you would not want anything to do with any of it and do what was possible to free yourself from any involvement on any level. The problem then is the rest of the populations still walk through those doors willingly in ignorance. When we hear about the variety of professions and economic levels affected, we are hearing about specializing ourselves into hell allowing obviously sociopathic interpretations of established order to being down the entire system as was done to the Constitution. Nobody has actually called a halt to it.
And you could always rely on being able to sell your house at retirement, downsize, and maybe have a hundred grand left over to live off of for a while--not any more--nobody is buying and your house ain't worth shit.
All those people in NY and NJ who paid hundreds of thousands for their little houses if not 600-700-800 thousand--sell and gonna retire and buy a box in FL--not any more--FL is about to blow--crime rates way up--and not as many tourists to pay the freight--
Heck, when my brother in law lived in NJ, their property taxes were over 12,000 per year----WTF?
The best business to be in right now is to be the guy making the "For Sale" signs...............
Jj
For Publius:
...as a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man, I have chalked up many a mile......(J Buffett)
I grew up sailing, then racing, then sailed professionally (100 ton ocean operators license)for about 10 years sail and power (power paid better)--the best were the deliveries from point A to point B with no owners on board, just a few ragtag minstrels and light-travelers sharing watches and beers--get paid when you reach harbor, and look around for another one to take somewhere else--
Nights on a beam reach and the phosphorescence in the water boiling--stars so close you were a part of them...too bad there was a destination and eventual landfall...but maybe that's what made me appreciate being out there all the more---you don't have to own it...and you can get paid for sailing it.....
At times, it's like I never did it....but I know I did.......I left a part of me out there and it's waiting for my return.........
Jj
Couldn't post at your place--Guess I'm not official!! Thanks for the link Nina
Outchon, my love.... you do seem particularly gloomy. I have missed you. Evene when your mood seems low, there's hope in it. I can always turn and look at your paintings. I have ignored the news and blogging, deliberately since my trip up north, and blogging for some time, while making preparations.
If anyone is interested in a good water purification system, look at the Berkey line. You can pour raw sewage into this thing and clean, drinkable water! They sell them at
http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/berkey_light_big_berkey_water_filter_british_berkefeld_portable_purifier.aspx
They are worth the money. I got mine in about 2 weeks ago.
wow! love those bulls!!
thanks for the insight too.
JJ and others:
We're back "in town."
We spent a couple of days in Grand Marais, on the North Shore of Lake Superior. Yesterday we paid a bit too much to go on a sailing cruise with the young boat-obsessed child.
I think it was worth it.
We sailed on a 50 foot 2-masted schooner... built originally by a guy in Michigan, who sailed it out the Great Lakes down to the Caribbean. It was eventually purchased by the North House Folk School, which teaches many different courses in traditional skills. Amazing place! I saw a blacksmith busy teaching students his art. Other classes were being conducted in boat-building, post-and-beam construction, etc. The future lies in places like this, teaching people and communities skills that will enable self-reliance and community trades and barter.
Zoner, you must check out North House in Grand Marais if you haven't yet. Much to inspire.
The skipper of our schooner was someone like JJ: he had worked in the Caribbean many years, starting as a deck hand and working his way up to captain. He has done many a boat delivery. He recently moved back to his home town in the North Country. He looked tired - tired of the perhaps hard-drinking life of a skipper for windjammer cruises?
His 10 year old daughter is also with him. She was born and raised in the West Indies - I'm not sure which island, and I'm not sure about the status of his relationship with the girls mother. It will be her first winter in the extreme north.
The captain let my son sit on his lap and steer the boat. I don't think he'll ever forget that moment - he's not a good memory and can remember things that happened when he was one year old, and this was pretty intense for a lover of sailboats like him. He also had pretty good sea legs, and didn't get seasick... I'll post photos on my blog that deals with the child-raising theme.
What else might interest y'all more? My wife surprised me by saying she really wants to move up north to that area. Of course, she started to elaborate the plans to do so in a somewhat unrealistic manner (to someone who understand that our economy and society are transitioning quickly to a state of higher entropy and lower available free energy), but that was a positive step. I even have "career" (term used ironically) or trade/business ideas...
Zoner: learn to be as ruthless as the banksters, and don't feel any guilt. They do not. Do what is necessary to provide good food, safe shelter, and clothing to your family. Nothing else is a considering, except maybe the community you live in. Good neighbors are not just a luxury!
Publius - If you like Grand Marais, you'll love the town where I attended high school. Munising, michigan is 45 minutes west of Grand Marais. The terrain changes dramatically in that 45 minutes. It's an amazing town, and provides one with the ability to live off the land, in a very rustic setting.
Where do you live, now?
Disregard the "where do you live".... I forgot you live in Minnesota. So, you like Grand Marais, huh? I worked for the Park Service in high school, we covered pictured rocks nat'l lakeshore. Grand Marais to Munising. 42 miles of the most amazing scenery on the planet. My opinion is colored by my longing to return... but, none-the-less, it is a place of amazing beauty.
nota: good choice with the Berkey--we have had ours for years and are still on the first set of filters--2 sets of spares wait in the basement--buy a big pack of 3m scrub pads--the green ones work great for cleaning the filters off--don't wait too long in between cleanings--you'll know when the drip/filter time increases--
Ah, life on the sea--I did Spring Break charters a few years, for a guy out of Lauderdale--over to Bimini--8-12 weeks straight---what a guy too--he always made sure I had 8 girls on board---Ah, to be a Pirate again...longish wavy hair (since turned gray) and my earring.......at least that's what they tell me......
As to the alcohol portion of things--yes, there would be people I would not see for a year at a time and we would run into each other in a harbor somewhere and I could have sworn it was that persons mother, or father they had aged so much from too much of this n' that--rum is cheap and so are certain snortables down-island-----
Anyway, I escaped the madness that is supposed to be the escape....
And wound up here at Nina's........
The great circumnavigation of life..
Jj
I did my due diligence on the purification side. Then, during my trip to Michigan, I stopped to visit for a day with my aunt & uncle (also cookoo) and compared notes/supplies with my Aunt. I told her that the best I'd found in purification was the Berkey - - - to which she responded: "come see this" and proceeded to unvail her Imperial Berkey and an entire case of black berkey spare purifiers.
Pretty neat to have all this validation after relying on research from the internet. What a tool.
Post a Comment