D E E P I N T O A R T L I F E WEST

Monday, May 18, 2009

the test tubes and beakers of the overpopulation pyramid

As dinner preparation hour comes round to the western coast of the North American continent, we put on our little aprons and take the variety of possibilities out of the fridge, giving thanks to Monsanto for our existence, just as we thank them for our demise.

Presented to discerning doomers by LATOC is the National Geographic Malthusian-style special report on what's happening now and why it cannot work. In case you're confused, this report is an eerily similar parallel to bailout mania as the Illusion's sole choice of tourniquet.
The Global Food Crisis | The End of Plenty

[a peek]... Rattan Lal, a noted soil scientist at Ohio State who graduated from Punjab Agricultural University in 1963, believes it was the abuse—not the use—of green revolution technologies that caused most of the problems. That includes the overuse of fertilizers, pesticides, and irrigation and the removal of all crop residues from the fields, essentially strip-mining soil nutrients. "I realize the problems of water quality and water withdrawal," says Lal. "But it saved hundreds of millions of people. We paid a price in water, but the choice was to let people die." ...
I'd like to add that this report reads like a second chapter to Escape from the Zombie Food Court. This is one of those moments you want to say "If the shoe fits ..." Or better yet, the truth hurts. Go ahead and say whatever you want. Our Living Planet is one big laboratory experiment. Sometimes, like now, words just can't say enough.

16 comments:

notamobster said...

Jj - check the last post' comments

notamobster said...

lab experiment, you say? I don't buy it. The govt knows whats going on and they're gonna save me. The One is gonna to speak ribbons of healing into the earth and all will right itself...

Hold please, I need to refill my kool-aid

nina said...

Can you freekin' believe this? The whole thing is trial and error and it all backfired. To make matters stranger still, they were clearly warned it HAD to fail. But no, they bumbled on in quest of the greatest all time whores, sex and money, those limited hangouts that know no tomorrow.

After all this, they don't even supply the kool aid. There's nothing lower than a filthy rich cheapskate.

Love, outchon

nina said...

Stacy, did you see this? Wood, Metal and
the story of the World
The manner in which you chose to describe your past might be your representative self telling the story.
If you already saw the essay, you'll know what I am saying. Its so deeply ingrained, we have to catch ourselves in the act and start over.

Anonymous said...

Time to replant here--the frost the past 2 nights choked everything--lesson learned--better now than in the future.
There is a strength and resolve that breeds confidence when, even if you don't know the truth, you know the bullshit. In a tea party email someone sent (one of those god save the queen, flag waving, jesus loves you, kill em' all types)I replied and have caused quite a stir here. The originator of the email said that I must have a lot of time on my hands to reply the way I did--just after she compared me to Louis Farakhan for using the words "neocon imperialist"--funny thing is that it only took me 10 minutes to respond--when you know it, you know it. It is now posted at the local tea party web site and no one has responded to my rebuttal.
Everybody sing "They will know we are christians by our love, by our love".
If they want to do battle with me, they better bring their "A" game--not that they have one--this was one of those drive by attacks--pussies!!!!!
At least one person has responded that they went to Les's (from a link I posted)--she said that it made for interesting reading--whatever that means--I give her credit for going though.
Funny thing about it, is that there wasn't much emotion involved--I just put it out there and let it be--I can only deliver the message--how, or if they respond is up to them.
Most of the folks are FOX news watchers, worldnetdaily, newswithviews, and church goers being led around by pure bullshit--
They can see the hypocrisy of government, but not organized religion--oh, well, I was blind at one time too.
Not fitting in anywhere, I believe, allows us the balance to fit in with all that is--to be welcomed by nature/mother earth the way it is meant to be--not there yet in many respects, but I know now what is not--
That old adage of I wouldn't want to be a part of any group that would have me seems quite appropriate.
You should see some of the no till land around here--it all just looks totally ragged out and dead--you can also see the rich soil fields where someone hasn't taken the pill despite all the gov't rah-rah to do so. We will probably be skimming of some of the topsoil in the woods to add to the gardens at the end of the season--it may never have been touched before--should be rich--but not too much--I love the trees it supports too--
All for now from sunny Ohio--supposed to be close to 80F here the next few days--Memorial Day weekend--as usual, staying close to home--We have been in a real homestead mode these days--Power went out for a few hours yesterday--just grabbed an acoustic and started playing--I think the birds liked it--
Adios Muchachos'

JjGalt

notamobster said...

"Well, I'm resigning. I don't want to be a part of any group who would have someone like me as a member!" ~Groucho Marx

Priceless, sir.

notamobster said...

Master_a: did you start oinking? Was it the H1N1 swine influeza created by the CDC in 2004 and released by accident(sic), by the Tamiflu folks?

Nina - hmmm.... false ego. Representative self? I'm sure there's somthing to that, but I try to remain grounded in 'reality'. Now, whether or not my reality is real? Hell, I don't know - but I sure do like it.

Jacob Gittes said...

@JjGalt:
I loved your idea expressed here:
"Not fitting in anywhere, I believe, allows us the balance to fit in with all that is--to be welcomed by nature/mother earth the way it..."

There are some real gems appearing here!

I feel the same way about not fitting in - I've felt like a misfit since I was a child. But yet I feel a strange optimism and love of life that makes me feel that life is a great adventure, and I want the real adventure to start. Whereas most of my family think I'm a real "doom-and-gloomer," and need to take some kind of pill to set my mind right.

I can't take the daily grind much longer - probably not beyond this summer. Which is why I will soon start to build a yurt to provide housing when we have to head up north next spring.

Strange gift of the universe: I found an intact, working, antique Singer sewing machine on the curb in my neighborhood last weekend. It's even built into a nice table/stand, which is now our nightstand.

I will now be able to mend and makes clothes. Although it's not strong enough to sew heavy canvas, I may experiment with a lighter-weight nylon covering for my yurt, something that I can sew with this machine. If anyone here has experience with tent-making, I'm all ears.

The curbsides and alleys of cities are amazing treasure chests and warehouses for those who don't require the newly minted and ephemeral garbage coming out of factories these days. They should be called "fictories," not factories.

Anonymous said...

Has anyone else noticed that the speeches that Obama and Obama-Rahm-a are making to colleges, and elsewhere are full of--"there are no jobs out there, serve your country"
My, what a nice introduction to servitude to the state--Please send the white house your shirt size so they can fit a brown one to you asap---

Jj

Anonymous said...

I've always had the ability to fit in anywhere even though, when I do, I'm not really there.
It's like being made of air and jeans, and a shirt.
I have almost wondered at times if people can even see me---

Just glidin' through...........

Jj

Anonymous said...

Nina,
Left a note for you over at Petri!!
Send lawyers, guns and money!!!!

JjGalt!!

nina said...

Good grief, what's happening Jj? You got something to say, out with it.

Anonymous said...

OOps, he didn't post it yet maybe--and I didn't save it anywhere--guess you'll just have to wait, and hold your breath, and then be disappointed.....it was a continuation of your post basically that went off the road and into the bushes....:)
Jj

nina said...

Disappointment hasn't been a real word in my vocabulary for ummm, maybe forever. Remember this? ... its always been that where one person leaves off, I continue, mostly unintentionally until no one knows where something starts and where it ends, we just keep moving along, a herd in progress across the barren plain...
See, its wonderful that not only do great minds think alike, they are always giving everything away since there is always more where it came from.

Anonymous said...

Nina Said:
"See, its wonderful that not only do great minds think alike, they are always giving everything away since there is always more where it came from".

And I am caring less and less about where, or what, the "always more" comes from---just thankful that it does--

Jj

Anonymous said...

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
and I say it's all right

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
and I say it's all right
It's all right

Jj