My friend at
Survival Acres just sent me this link. He must be psychic or we are witness to another example of the one mind at work, which it is both, the one mind and psychic actually mean the same thing, but we're not supposed to think it does. Psychic carries visual Miss Cleo baggage and to our great disadvantage the one mind falls into new age Feng Shui candle kits. None of which this article is really about, except if you are able to absorb the greater meanings, it is this and so much more.
Here is a peek.
Joe Bageant: Escape from the Zombie Food Court...You are as conditioned as any trained chicken in a carnival. So am I. When we go to the ATM machine and punch the buttons to make cash fall out, we are doing the same thing as the chickens that peck the colored buttons make corn drop from the feeder...
You definitely don't want to miss this one.
20 comments:
a convergence of synchronicity--it's not speeding up, but it is expanding--
Jj
That was a great read ... thanks!
Hi Nina,
Got your link to origami from your last post--it doesn't show up (the newest) when I go directly to origami from my bookmark though--I did post a comment over there--
Having fluttered and landed at different places recently, it has been fun to see how multi-dimensional some of the "regulars" are--
Jj
Yup,
Serve or suffer!
RWgerus
Omelet anyone--I emailed les about not being able to find the "new" origami---turns out as perhaps all of you knew, that it was an "old" one--
That Visible (and Nina too), always ahead of his time--or at least mine
Jj
Jj, I didn't respond earlier because I wasn't sure what you were saying. You must have not seen the date on "Waves"? And realized afterwards it was a golden oldie? I apologize for not making that clear when providing the link.
I always appreciate your takes on the header art. Not until you mentioned it had I seen the sea connection, and then it reminded me of "Waves" which limitlessly expanded the image into space.
There was a photo in the local paper recently of what appeared to be a rabbit's eye with brindled fur radiating outwards around the eye exactly as we see on wildlife. But when I read the article it was a satellite picture of distant planet surrounded by space dust.
Patterns are repeated infinitely as "Waves" describes. (We already knew that, hunh.)
I didn't waste my post--I attached it to the most recent origami--you even get a mention---tee hee
Jj
oops, head over the kevinjohns and check out the video he put up--as the artist, i think you'll appreciate it--
Jj
Something so very "Americana" about that style of mobile home--like an Airstream trailer--
Jj
Its heartening to see how people are instinctively creative with their living spaces when there is no money. A retired Navy vet/cowboy lives in the one shown today. Note the shovels as wind chimes. Lack of funds can't hold back creativity.
How'd you like the Joe Bageant article, Jj?
I like Bageant--Someone linked something from him a few years ago which I liked--I went back a few times but nothing grabbed me again until the one you linked to--
Thanks,
Jj
I just posted a much longer comment on your previous post.
The SA guy led me to Bageant recently, too.. I read a number of his essays already. Great soul.
Be well.
The Bageant piece weighs heavily on my mind, still. Certainly he didn't say anything we didn't already know and so often ignore in our rush to get through the day until everything reached an illusory zenith and the dream crashed, hard. We are extremely fortunate to have some honest few able to articulate what is happening. Admin at Survival Acres is one of those, as you already know, Publius.
In the past 5 years, more and more eloquent writers have been appearing--maybe they have been around for 20 years, but they are having a louder voice these days, and more people are picking up on it--
Different phrasing, or different strokes for different folks--Going to a Tax Tea Party on the town square here in our dinky little county today--they actually carried the notice as news in our local shopper paper--high crimes and misdemeanors as far as that goes--it's usually all the foreclosure auctions and jesus save the day stuff--some may say it's a set-up of some kind but the Jj's are going cameras in hand--
I'll update later today or tom'w--I will be seeking out reporters to, um, "talk" with--
Jj
Rebel Without A Pause---tee hee
Well, went to the tax protest as promised and had a good time. About 125 to 150 people gathered around the courthouse at the town square where the two state routes cross.
Old, young, teens, kids, even our County Clerk of Courts was there—lot’s of great signs and enthusiasm—also a great opportunity for us established lunatics to talk to those who are just venturing down the rabbit hole—or maybe dipping their toe in.
I stayed for about an hour and a half and talked with a lot of the folks—a surprising number of folks came up and were asking questions as one of my signs read:
“ABOLISH THE NON-FEDERAL, FEDERAL RESERVE”—needless to say, some folks are a bit more informed after today. Quite a few WRH readers there as well—Great Opportunity to exchange info on where to look for news, etc. My guess is that there will be a lot of searches regarding Israel as well.
Other than the undercover cops who were almost comical in their not fitting in—and the creeps across the street wearing grungy clothes but with $2,000.00 cameras and $1500.00 telephoto lenses—it was good. As we marched around the courthouse, I stood next to one of the cops who’s handcuffs and holster failed to hide themselves under his windbreaker and announced his presence to all as they walked by as he snapped pictures with some kind of fake press credentials around his neck—he started to walk away so I just followed him and kept alerting others—he was a local. There was also a guy in a burgundy colored pickup truck with a German Shepherd in the back of the cab who was in full blown riot gear—the truck had regular civilian plates—he decided the jig was up when he got caught at the stop light and I loudly announced his presence—it was kinda freaky and I wondered how many others were around—lot’s of cop mustaches and ankle holsters—it was like I had X-Ray vision—
Now, if this were a major city, you would expect such a law enforcement presence but we are a dinky little town in the middle of nowhere—just food for thought—
It was interesting though that the cops looked pretty uncomfortable and maybe even a little nervous about “policing” their neighbors—
This is a small community and between the folks there, we all pretty much know who is local law enforcement and who was “visiting” from out of town—made for an interesting non-standoff-standoff –We were definitely more confident than they were—
That’s’ all from the homeland---
Jj
http://whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/OhioTeaParty/index.html
From WRH--can you spot Waldo--I mean Jj
Waldo is the one with the sign? And then, did you go home and do your taxes? Or had you already done them or just sent in an extension?
BTW, Jj, thank you for showing your tea party photos!!!
soon, I will have no income, and then I won't be paying anything--I'll be living off of others and what I have paid into the non-existent "system" for all these years--
I am not buying anything now except the occasional gasoline and food until the garden gets cranking--
any way to avoid paying taxes, I do--I don't think we need to worry much longer as something huge will be happening and it won't go the way that the PTB are hoping it does--People aren't going to fall for certain things again and they can't let this thing build momentum--it's simply not good for business (theirs of course)--all of that "legislation" they have been putting in place is about to (in their eyes) have some use--
It's just a circle Nina--The unions demanded too much so companies moved elsewhere--now the companies are producing things that their former workers can't afford to buy so nothing is selling--it's bigger, and deeper than that--they will also be laying off 100's of thousands of gov't workers that weren't needed in the first place--
I'll also be running for Congress because I just need the job and it may be fun!! It's all in the cards--oh, and by the way--I will be open to graft and corruption of "our" variety--
Oh, yes, you picked Waldo--psych pictured me with a beard--don't know if he was disappointed or not--lol
I promise to wear a Speedo next time for the ladies--avert your eyes, or just pluck them out--you have been warned!!!!!!!
Jim
Ticket Depot:
A long time ago came a man on a track
Walking thirty miles with a sack on his back
And he put down his load where he thought it was the best
He made a home in the wilderness
He built a cabin and a winter store
And he plowed up the ground by the cold lake shore
And the other travelers came walking down the track
And they never went further and they never went back
Then came the churches then came the schools
Then came the lawyers then came the rules
Then came the trains and the trucks with their loads
And the dirty old track was the telegraph road
Then came the mines - then came the ore
Then there was the hard times then there was a war
Telegraph sang a song about the world outside
Telegraph road got so deep and so wide
Like a rolling river
And my radio says tonight it's gonna freeze
People driving home from the factories
There's six lanes of traffic
Three lanes moving slow
I used to like to go to work but they shut it down
I've got a right to go to work but there's no work here to be found
Yes and they say we're gonna have to pay what's owed
We're gonna have to reap from some seed that's been sowed
And the birds up on the wires and the telegraph poles
They can always fly away from this rain and this cold
You can hear them singing out their telegraph code
All the way down the telegraph road
You know I'd sooner forget but I remember those nights
When life was just a bet on a race between the lights
You had your head on my shoulder you had your hand in my hair
Now you act a little colder like you don't seem to care
But believe in me baby and I'll take you away
From out of this darkness and into the day
From these rivers of headlights these rivers of rain
From the anger that lives on the streets with these names
'cos I've run every red light on memory lane
I've seen desperation explode into flames
And I don't wanna see it again
From all of these signs saying sorry but we're closed
All the way down the telegraph road
Mark Knopfler
He says it better than I could--
Jj
Post a Comment