Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas and Happy Kwanza!
Life is what we make it, whomever we think we are, whatever tragedies we want to wear, whatever hurts and slights and perceived failings, none matter now. Let it go and just get into the moment. This is the time to be grateful and appreciate the fabulous, priceless, indescribably rich gift Jah give to us all. Don't miss one precious second.
56 comments:
I agree :)
ahh, reinforcement, good Wizzy! For the longest time, it seemed choosing happiness was dependent on the world outside of us in all its divisive categories and subcategories, but that was just Illusory groupthink.
You, of all people, have always struck me as authentically free.
I was at Deep Creek Hot Springs yesterday into the night, and I was soaking in the Phoenix Hot Pool seen in the bottom right of this pic:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/10878468063/
My friend did a lot of cement work on that pool last year and its better than ever. I have a way to control the hot source to make the pool temp just where I like it, 100-102 :) I had it to myself from around 7PM till 10 PM when I left, under the stars, with my little candle lantern at the edge of the pool adding its golden glow. I like to burn some white sage and blow the smoke across the hot water, which produces interesting condensed mist across the water from its condensation nuclei. To bad you don't live closer, I know you would love the experience there Nina, its so blissful :)
I am still loving photography, though I have not added any pics to my Flickr site since last year. I got a new smart phone that takes really good photos, and now have over 3000 pics on it. I share the images with people all the time using it, its so easy. My friend Tom created a hiking group on Face Book, HD Hikers and he made me an admin for it. Its a closed group but we now have over 1000 members. If you join you can see various pics that I have posted there.
I am fortunate to have the freedom and simple life that I do, in these times of converging and interacting trouble of all sorts for humanity. I make it a point to consider regularly all that I have to be grateful for. Seize the day, I heard him say, life will not always be this way, this phrase I remember from a Dream Theatre song. I am thankful every day for having good health, the companionship of friends and loved ones, healthy food to eat, time to be in nature, simple things like that.
Good to know your still with us Nina. Since you had not posted in quite a while I had been wondering how you were doing :)
I see in my pic caption that I referred to the pool as the Arizona Pool. That was its name for a long time, but since my friend brought it back to such an improved condition we decided to call it the Phoenix Pool. Another pool at DCHS is called the Serenity Pool, and my wife actually named it many years ago at a time when it had no name. My friend also built a new pool last year and he named it the Contemplation Pool, and at around 95 its a great one for soaking in the warmer months. The pic link is what that pool looks like :)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/11079913606/in/dateposted-public/
I now have over a million views to at my Flickr photo site :)
If you click on the double arrows at the upper right corner at the pic pages you can see a larger version of the images.
Did you take a visit to the Caribbean, I ask because it sure does look like it among your photos. You and UK John are my live Inter-National Geographics.
I LOVE YOUR WORK!
Yes! Ok, bein' here as best I can. Headin' off to Haitian/African drum group/class/root-down. It's always "come as you are".
later
>onelove<
I am sure John Trudell loved you too. Especially for things like what you are doing tonight. Coming as you are. Releasing the physical into I-ounds.
PRAISES
Which is exactly what I was writing about in my post.
Ha! Very good to hear your voice after the long silence.
a pause here before winter. Cutting wood for winter's heat continues. I, too, am grateful for each day. Once, long ago I read Durant quote: "To saints and sages all days are holy days." I am neither but I do strive to remember each day is holy.
A gardener at the edge of the third world
Hello Nina......haven't fully embraced being here now, even though I know its the only way to truly love and live.
Futuring brings anxiety and worry and pasting brings regret , anger and sometimes sorrow. Only to be child like and totally live in the moment and reduce our ego to nothing! Easier said than done in this age of the Kali Yuga.
onelove........
"cherish your life, while you're still around"
Not much more to it than that I guess.
So wonderful to see your words again, Nina.
Much Love to all of you.
Z
Nina, The pics you are referencing are probably Hawaii, the big island. I will send you some recent pics that I know you will like :) I would guess that your email has not changed. I had a beautiful soak at DCHS last night, bright stars at times, and my favorite constellation rose in the east, Orion/The Hunter :) It was very windy with lots of Cottonwood leaves blowing about. On the hike out there was a mist falling, so refreshing in the crisp air :)The pic link below shows a little candle lantern that I enjoy having at the hot pools edge. I love its golden light :) At my Flickr site, to see all 1500+ pics, the safety setting needs to be set to " view all ".
https://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/12428122834/in/dateposted-public/
Moment to moment
this mass of changing concordances,
pick out the coordinates by which to act at any given moment.
take comfort in this situation engage life fully,
not to fear being separated from the essential current of life.
to the free Wizzy, Love your photos man.
where i am working towards:
http://www.cheaprvliving.com/blog/snowbirds-nesting-in-ehrenberg-2015-living-in-a-van-off-grid/
Scrap
Hello Scrap....thanks for the vision and the way to disconnect and reconnect to a fuller life!
Zoner Z, mellow and pure spoken as ever. I was very glad to see you posting on Mirrors, or perhaps it was Origami, recently ... I saw the whole thing go down last year and it is very sweet indeed to see the turn it has taken. My respect for you just keeps growing.
I am sure everyone who has spoken knows or thinks they know who the gardener at the edge of the third world is or could be, but I am clueless. He, she, madehis/her profile when his/her comment was made.
Mr/Ms.Gardener, we want to know you. Every day IS a holy day.
Scrap's comment is a multi-faceted diamond, don't you think, Terrance? I really love it when people go right to the heart of the matter. You do that too. It never fails. Things happen regularly that feel like brillo, as you said when we future and past. But just as regularly, we have the capacity to overstand and move on. It takes paying attention, not in a robotic way, but more from observation of what it is that is actually going down. I think, if you don't mind, I am going to add futuring and pasting to my vocabulary. Brilliant!!
Thanks Scrap :)I read that article, great info! I have a 30+ year friend Chuck who I met at Deep Creek Hot Springs, and he lives out of a van and travels all over the western states, mostly to the many hot springs. He always has lots of interesting stories to tell about his adventures. He just purchased himself a brand new Mercedes van, and in the course of time will further outfit it with more interior comforts. I purchased a 28 foot Pace Arrow for $11,000 back in the 80's and lived in it for a year. I have also lived in various sized travel trailers for long periods earlier in my life, and also a 30 foot 5th wheel too. One 20 foot trailer that I lived in for about a year I bought for $1,000, and I got my power from two solar panels, had a 12 volt TV and stereo, and I installed a small wood stove in it for heat. I remember a few times putting too much wood in it and had to open the door in the winter when it was in the 30's outside ;) I am glad to have had all of those experiences. I more recently traded 15 ounces of gold for my friends basically brand new 30 foot travel trailer which we have sitting on our driveway. I like having it, knowing its a great home on wheels. Who knows, maybe I will be living in it one day :) The living in the van idea is simpler as some of the folks spoke about in the comments to the article you listed. Sounds like its something you want to do, hope that works out for you :)
Scrap, there is another alternative, do you sail... well? I've lived both ways and they are very different, yet the living space requirements are very much the same. Both ways, boat or trailer, are experiences one should not miss in this lifetime.
In sailing long distance, cruising at night, our of sight of land, nothing but you and the sea and the soft noise the waves make as you glide on the wind while more stars than you can possible imagine blanket the entire sky something happens. The world you left behind grows small and irrelevant, truly something foolish and petty that has no bearing on the spirtual experience unfolding all around you.
Yes, in the larger scheme of things, we are irrelevant, and yet, life, being alive, is still magical :) The sea is huge, and then there is the universe....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC7yFDb1zOA
and the " visible " part discussed in the vid represents only that section of the cosmos, a tiny bubble within which light based on the age of our universe, roughly 14 Billion years, had time to get to us. What is beyond this bubble, the ultimate extent of the whole, remains unseen, and unknowable. Add to this, the theories that suggest there may be infinite universes!
Were are irrelevant in all the ten thousand things which is what is seemingly magical.
I was going to quote a few enlightening things Zoner said about our world and our trust based beliefs but his blog is down!
Please tell me its temporary or my computer is glitching or something ....
He shook the dust from his clothes among the Fire Lakes,
went into the mountains and dug deep pools,
planted elm and catalpa trees along the crags.
He followed his heart and abandoned this dusty world,
gazing with clear eyes on the beauty of hills and gorges.
Hsieh Ling-yun (385-433) was China's first shan-shui or wilderness poet.
Small Happiness from my newly discovered author named Sparrow, check it out. I also love this magazine called THe Sun
Scrap
http://thesunmagazine.org/issues/475/small_happiness
Oh, I LOVE it!
Gratitude
Zoner's blog is BACK! YES! Here is what I wanted to show Wizzy et al:
... It was fun watching the protest lodged by my internal troublemaker as I viewed this material. It was palpable how hard the ego fought against such a foolish, insane notion.
"Everyone knows the earth is round!!!" was the cry, and yet I continued watching for some time. Hey, I always thought we lived on a sphere, but if I am honest with myself, I have no proof that this is true, so the proper mindset as far as I am concerned is to be open to being proved wrong. Clinging to beliefs or closely-held attitudes about life and how it should be lived is largely what has gotten us to the point where it looks more and more like this whole thing is some sort of absurd joke at times. Why is it so hard to admit that we may have been wrong about something? That we didn't really learn anything for ourselves, but rather someone handed us our opinions and since they fit so well with other preconceptions they were taken as truths? It appears the risk of being seen as outside the norm is enough to shut down the internal part that screams out for a possible alternative truth. Man, this ego guy is really a piece of work!...
Read the whole piece at his blog: http://silencetoasted.blogspot.com/
Nina, regarding Zoner's thoughts, and his last missive that you wanted to show me, perhaps you read my recent comment at Survival Acres since he enabled comments again. There are things discussed in Zoner's expressions that have relation to some points I made. Zoner wrote this near the bottom " I really do not know what is real anymore ", and after all, what is reality anyway? In this existence and our perceptions of it, I don't think that anything can be claimed absolutely, seeing infinity in everything, in all directions, and is it all an illusion after all ( quantum physics ). Can anyone who was ever alive answer this? I don't think so, it is, and will remain, a mystery. But as we know, not to most people in this world as they harbor a whole lot of very fixed ideas. Some say anything anyone believes is real, and if so, anything goes, believe what you want. I try to discern the world in my way, interpret it all by various means, and others do it in theirs.
Ego, is a word someone made up to describe something they think about human behavior. I prefer to view it this way, people are different in so many myriad ways, of course its natural, they have their own unique personalities, and exhibit a wide range of traits. Someone might say this person has a big ego, but I just look at the behavior/traits that they exhibit, its detail and complexity. EGO is like OCD, a way people try to box up parts of what they see in how people behave, as if these letters describe something real ;)
Thank you for re-sending me back to Zoner's place. I love what he has written, and dropped a comment, though it's late tonight and I'm fading. Also appreciate Wiz's words. This place still remains the best satsang on the intertubes!
>onelove<
Thanks Bholanath :) I think I like Wiz, over Wizzy, but the second one does " sound " more fun :) Satsang, I had to look that one up....
Satsang is a Sanskrit word that means "gathering together for the truth" or, more simply, "being with the truth." Truth is what is real, what exists. So all there is, is Truth. Whenever something increases your experience of the Truth, it opens your Heart and quiets your mind. Conversely, whenever something,. such as a thought, fear, or judgment, limits or narrows your experience of the Truth, the Heart contracts and the mind gets busier. We are all equally endowed with this capacity to discriminate the Truth. Thus, the true teacher, or satguru, is within you, and satsang, or being with the Truth, is endless. You have always been here in the embrace of your true nature as aware, loving space. You have always been in satsang.
Truth is too simple for words
before thought gets tangled up in nouns and verbs
there is a wordless sound
a deep breathless sigh
of overwhelming relief
to find the end of fiction
in this ordinary
yet extraordinary moment
when words are recognized
as words
and truth is recognized
as everything else
That's perfect Bho!!
I love being out in nature, especially at Deep Creek here in So Cal, and Deep Creek Hot Springs where I will go tomorrow. My long time friend last year did some improvements to a hot pool there, essentially resurrecting it back to great condition, better than ever! I have been soaking in it all fall, it is my favorite one, and we decided to rename it the Phoenix Pool :) I was enjoying its hot waters, so pure ( and delicious to drink when cooled down ), and I have a way to control the temp of the pool, which I prefer at 100-102 depending on the weather.
So I was there in this pool leaning back against some smooth stream polished granite on 12-22 just after sunset, looking up at a night sky of brilliant stars, when I noticed a light moving off to my left. At first I thought that it was a plane, but then it got even brighter and started producing a big trail behind it like some giant fireworks racing along. At times there were bright pieces of it that broke off. It flew completely across the sky and was still going when it crossed behind the ridgeline to my right/east. I was amazed, and thought that I had just seen the biggest shooting star ever, at least for me and my life. The next day I figured someone else must have seen it too. I turned on the news and found that this blazing light show was after all the remnants of a Russian spacecraft that had been to the international space station to deliver supplies. I guess parts of it end up falling back to earth.
I love my time being with the hot water at Deep Creek, and after dark enjoy so much the moon, stars, clouds, wind, sounds of water, many times by myself, such serenity! I feel so free, and content :) Here is a link to a timelapse photo that someone just happened to take one night while I was soaking in the Phoenix Pool. Near the middle of the pic you can see a golden glow illuminating the surrounding rocks and trees. This was from my little candle lantern sitting at the edge of the pool. The blazing rocket that I saw went across the part of the sky with star circles, which remind me of the stone circles that I like to make in places out in the desert, eleven stones, with one in the middle. This image for me really captures the magic :)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/danpreiser/16859687616/sizes/k/
Regarding that photo, at the top there are choices for other sizes to view it. The link I sent is a version that is bigger than the screen, the one I was sent originally :)
Nina, all - thanks for helping me out of a momentary self-pity spiral. I did, in fact, delete my entire blog recently in an attempt to "vanish" or something, but seeing the words here brought me back into a place where some perspective was gained. I am humbled and grateful for ANYTHING that may tumble from my lips or fingers that resonates. I need to remember why we are here, and to get out of the way of that which seeks to express itself through me. It is sometimes hard to do, especially when things get kind of sticky.
All my love and deepest respects to you All.
Z
I knew exactly what happened and why. I speak for myself and the tribe that we are. We've all been through similar if not exactly, the same thing/s. These things are especially profound in most of the arts, btw. I've actually torn up paintings and a scaled railroad station model in anguish and was later very sorry I did it.
Our understanding is limited, so limited that we often don't even understand how limited. As a result, it is important to be humble in our assumptions about how the world operates.
It is generally a good idea to avoid unnecessary effort---more harm is done by doing too much than by doing not enough.
The world operates by various laws or general principles. Someone who understands these laws and principles can accomplish a great deal by working in harmony with them.
Conversely, people who try to do things by fighting against these laws, tend to fail.
A great deal of the ability that comes from working with these principles and laws comes spontaneously from within the individual who often cannot explain why he does what he or she does, or why it works.
Having said that, the way to develop these spontaneous abilities usually seems to come from sustained, dedicated practice.
While sometimes violence is necessary, it is inherently a bad thing.
Emptiness and passivity are of at least equal value---if not more---than substance and action.
What passes for convention wisdom is usually of very little value when it comes to making important life choices.
Cloudwalking Owl
Just a quick greeting to all from a forest here on the southern most tip of what was once the land of the Maya. The last year was hard work, but the bunches of bananas are slowly getting fat, we're drinking oodles of full bodied passion fruit juice and I'm going to dig out a big fat sweet potato or two in a bit to roast for dinner with some tree spinach and whatever else the garden wants to offer this day. The final fronds for the roof of one earth bag cottage were laid down a bit ago and now there are these Rasta Lookalike Dreads on top of an earth bag cottage. Cute, but I think it needs a trim.
I read ya'all! When you write. We're all good here in permaculture land. The rest of the world? One can only want to gnaw on stones and beat your own head somewhat senseless at the lack of coherence in our world.
I wish I were as upbeat as many here. It is like someone on my blog said. "All I hear is the chains rattling."
When I look at what is going on with humans around this planet I think of Ashanti who said something like "along the path of enlightenment one will realize that most everything he thought was true, is a lie."
Good to see you are doing fine Nina. I think I am finally going to have to see a doctor, my right side of the thyroid is still getting larger. Coconut oil and tumeric are not doing the trick. Probably fukushima radiation. I can't say I would be too upset about checking out of this place though.
Mick, I sent you an email to Green Thunder. Will help you as much as I am able.
I checked this plan I am on under a gov pension with blue cross, they don't pay for acupuncture, I am going to one tomorrow. Hey I am too excited about it. It is no big deal, an old mahatma I used to know once said, " in order to live you must be willing to die". Truer words were never spoken.
Solving the great mystery happens to all of us, every human in every existence. I am quite secure in my belief I can face the creative consciousness and say hey I never intentionally lied. I tried to uplift those around me. Sometimes that means relaying some pretty down beat circumstances. But hey we are all just travelers here. It is a temporary journey.
I always remember a high school friend I played baseball with, in college also, he became a high school principal. When I came back to Florida we were sitting in Elks Club. He ordered a double whiskey and cola and lit up a cigarette. He said I don't want to be a vegetable, I want to go quick, massive heart attack or stroke. Yeah I have been blessed with some crazy friends. I love them though.
We are all on a journey on a prison planet that has been that way for sometime. It is all going to change soon. There is going to be a releasing of the souls, many will not incarnate here and move on. The demons will not longer be allowed here after the shift. The earth will become the center of the solar system. It will as many has said be paradise but it will take several thousand years before the stench of the nuclear plants fade.
We tried but things have to proceed.
Love to all, and I still hope I am invited to that party in the ethers. We need to get together when this is all over.
Preparing to reblog this as it is big.
When the elders begin exchanging the stones, something big is on the horizon
Waitaha — New Zealand’s people of peace
Cosmic Convergence
http://www.generationspirit.com/ancient-wisdom/87-a-special-star-alignment-in-the-sky-signalled-to-waitaha-elders-the-time-had-come-to-release-their-ancient-story#
Must see
Vladimir Putin Escaped Her Majesty’s Secret Service After Being Used As A Breeder Due To Genius I.Q. (Why They Hate Him)
https://dublinsmickdotcom.wordpress.com/2016/02/03/vladimir-putin-escaped-her-majestys-secret-service-after-being-used-as-a-breeder-due-to-genius-i-q-why-they-hate-him/
Dan Hicks An original Charlatan RIP
I scare myself just thinking about you.
I scare myself when I'm without you.
I scare myself the moment that you're gone.
I scare myself and I let my thoughts run
Scrap
When second place is not an option!
https://dublinsmickdotcom.wordpress.com/2016/02/21/diebold-voting-machines-when-second-place-is-not-an-option/
The last comment was posted on Feb 22 and this is Mar 28.
Nina, you need to write a new blog and send me your panties immediately.
Thinking of you,
Bill
I don't recall ever having had a "Bill" comment here before.
wow. You sure never answered before. I usually get the moderation doghouse.
Looks like we have the makings of a deal here, Bill. You straighten up your act and I'll put up a new essay. Like it?
Thanks for the laughs Bill you rascal. But I think you have the wrong blog. I think this is more up your alley. www.pantybypost.com
Scrap
Well, that's not the whole deal I wanted, Nina, but it's a good start. So, I'll be looking forward to your next essay.
Cool link, Scrap. Kinda pricey, but they sure know their panties. I preferred the 'Everyday Basics' line. After all, it's the girl who makes the panties. That's why I want Nina's. If I got them, you'd be kicking yourself saying "I should have asked!", and then pouting. Ya never know. A girl can't be wholly insulted when a bozo would like her panties.
"A girl can't be wholly insulted ... " etc.
Its not insult, its an alarm. It tells us you have this compulsive fetish and where there is one, there are bound to be more. Although just one is enough to damage your presentation. You have convinced yourself its all in good fun, but you don't seem to be aware of how you appear to others.
I am keeping my part of the deal anyway.
Did I just get feminist flogged? I've liked panties and bras ever since I first saw some in a Ward's catalog, when I was 9 years old, as did every boy on the block. No fetish there.
You presume a lot when you presume to know the mind of guys.
What are some things a panty flash says. "I LIKE YOU", "Wanna be better friends?", "THIS could be yours!", are some of those things. Does that sound fun? Girls just wanna have fun, ya heard? Girls can always make some fun. Why did they throw their panties at Elvis? A panty flash is a personal, tender, sincere, intimate and risky gesture, from a girl to me, and such baring themselves, personally too, for my approval is bold and sexy. Words can never express what a panty flash says. On the other hand, dicks are flashed with the intention to cause offense. Who is being the dick here, however passive aggressively couched in cowardly psychobabble?
Why are feminists always claiming ALARM? What do you have to be alarmed about? As long as it's about panties, it's kept at a cool and safe distance. It's my way of not getting too close. I don't like 'em disposable and replaceable. I like to have an investment in them. Yeah, it's risky, but the alternative is cheap, and that's next to worthless. I think you like it low risk. Your feminine instincts have been corrupted.
Methinks thou doth protest too much.
I rest my case.
Hi Nina
One needs a troll once in awhile to keep the edge. :)
Hey I know it is not your thing but I am having a ball with trolls over here. It helps me keep my edge they know better thant come to my blog. Well at least one of them did but left shortly.
http://memoryholeblog.com/2016/03/30/against-all-enemies/comment-page-1/#comment-110705
The guy who can truly defrost her panties could be in for a real treat, OR danger. They're a fortress (funny how that's feminine). Who could take the lumps and bullets? Panties are a little like a chastity belt on the honor system too. We respect panties. They show you the door, but there are riddles and tests and tricks to get it opened. This will all be in my book "Vaginal Gate Logic with an intro to vaginalgebra". "Some Like it Hot", by Power Station comes to mind. Scary.
That 1 degree between 32 and 33 takes 3 times the energy.
So, where's that essay?
Love,
Bill
You must be bored Bill, surely you have better things to do ;)
For a change, I am going to try and present something uplifting. I keep both in my car and on my computer. I have never had anyone ride in my car and listen to deep breakfast without them saying where did you get that! It is truly the music of the spheres.
Ray Lynch- Deep |Breakfast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-2mXN7OQR0
Yanni- Reflections of Passion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSyZ9t05a-w&list=RDeSyZ9t05a-w&index=1
It is the OM
https://dublinsmickdotcom.wordpress.com/2015/09/27/the-om-is-the-sound-of-cosmic-creation-that-occurs-throughout-the-universe-explained-by-subquantum-kinetics/
Reflections of Passion, one of my favorites from long ago! I really love this one too when I am on my way back from a fine spring day of soaking at the hot springs :)
http://www.amazon.com/Peace-Mind-3-Oasis-Bliss/dp/B0001IXSU0
Hey man if you like reflections of passion you will like Ray Lynch, deep breakfast. I have been playing in the car cd for about 20 years and will keep on until I find one better.
Post a Comment