Certain friends who comment here are insisting I stick around no matter how many weeks in between posts. This is good, helpful and believe it or not, I've actually composed a few essays and deleted them as not being entirely accurate descriptions of the issues and impressions of this profound period. Every question that appears to have an answer only brings up more questions and concerns and possibilities that rumble around in the back of our minds where certainty has not yet attached itself. Everything, when looked into in greater detail, adding in all the considerations for all involved, appears to be insolvable and yet we have come this far on insolvable questions already, sometimes a few are solved by the luck of the draw, but quickly return to Darkness extended. This says that the question of the life experience itself may very well be unanswerable in the way we want it to be answered. It doesn't mean we don't have a plan, many of us do, but are unable to act sufficiently on our plans because too much of these plans are dependent on variables over which we have no control. That's where the good old "wait and see" comes in, unless wait and see turns into the painful and slow evaporation of any plan at all. Taking apart
wait and see, you'll realize it is procrastination costumed in hope. Now I have always stressed here that
hope is as equally empty a human expression as belief, both being variations on wishful thinking which is a real phenomena and often at the root of denial. Hope, belief, wishful thinking are age-old tools for coping with the harder parts of our journeys and not to be trusted if you seek truth. I'm thinking these worthless tools have been passed on to us since the days we wore natural coats protecting us from the harsher elements in cave dwelling and kept around because our brains had not yet developed more complex thought processes other than those of our immediate physical needs i.e.; food, water, shelter and sex. Throughout the turf wars of empires past, people typically clung to magical falsehoods, myths as truth, thinking they were real, alive, inviolate and worthwhile. In return they became devastated with disappointment and susceptible to plagues, even greater penury than previously thought possible, enslavement, imprisonment and inhumane execution where their hopes and beliefs were sometimes suddenly, sometimes slowly and always cruelly dashed. All of this still goes on and has mutated over the centuries into regal platitudes of hope and belief as public panacea which unfortunately turns out to be better stated as
language used against hopers and believers: a "dogmatic softening of the target" in order to accomplish whatever it is the regals' plan of the day is trumpeting, which regals themselves are by necessity prone to integrate subliminally. An example of this would be universal health care. This is how they can stand before huge crowds convincing the hopeful and the believers, they have convinced themselves they stand on the highest moral ground while omitting an important detail, that of their very own immorality.
 |
| Hurricane Katrina, photo: c. Google Images |
We end up confused and in denial. Denial on the part of the peasants and denial of true intent by the regals empowering situations such as the one in which we are currently embroiled in all its absurd fullness allowing massively over-bloated egos to attempt
one world government, a misnomer if there ever was one since the real intent is empire with unfettered possession of free resources anywhere desirable resources exist. The best term would then be Planet Ownership since governing as we think of government isn't actually happening and has not been happening, perhaps it never happened at all in the way people hoped and believed it was. In retrospect, Katrina opened our minds to that very possibility and all disasters since continue to reinforce it. Consider that it has taken the judicial system more than nine years to vote in favor of the 911 emergency management workers, more than a few of whom are long dead and buried. Consider this in context of having a plan and leaving the implementation up to hope and belief. Consider how non-citizens are slammed with US law which does not apply outside our borders and yet we know the cleverness of the corrupted, focused minds at work will find a way given enough hope and belief from other nations who have grown dependent on that borderless Santa Clause leadership sleighing in with IMF reindeer from the mythical shining city of the company store to whom world citizens are supposed to owe their souls. I've come to find by reading various items on the net a great many of us feel that 911 was the beginning of all the horrors that have taken place since, but those discovered horrors only show us what was eliminated or glossed over, briefly, during formal education, formal because it is designed to form. The Internet is here to fill in those weak and blank spots without the Tinseltown touches, but you have to seek or you shall never find. I will even go so far as to say you have to know suffering to find out why suffering exists. Suffering, great suffering, has always been around and knowing it only comes though identifying with suffering because you suffer. Identification with suffering can only happen if you get those stars out of your eyes. You have to have blown your life repeatedly to understand no matter what you do and where you go suffering is a natural part of life in this world for every one of us except those people who don't think they suffer because they have hope and belief to keep them from cashing in their chips. I wouldn't worry about them, they are an anomaly to mankind. They've always been around and plan on going to the grave wrapped in a shroud of marshmellow denial regardless of whatever lives they led. There are too many categories in which this group falls to mention them all. I will say these are the invested who do anything to please, typically we call them errand boys, clerks and mostly we know of them as enablers.
It does appear that with each passing day the gates are closing a little more rapidly each time you look and the recourse to complete work camp enslavement and elimination of the needy, sick and elderly cannot happen on any lesser scale than what we see taking place in these energy wars. We don't
win wars anymore because
the people being warred upon know their enemy well. This has not always been the case, it is only with the advent of 4th generation warfare (the elimination of face to face linear combat where anything goes) and nonhuman weaponry we were able to enter into the state of winless warring at all. Honor vanished, if it ever existed, replaced with disgrace and never ending defeat. Now, with
world population at an all time high and expected to increase, the conquering of bordered masses of human souls is impossible, no matter how much money is to be made, no matter how much death, disease, suffering, outright theft and occupations of puppet governments, no matter the resources at stake, there are simply too many bright and clever people applying their hearts, minds and skills to these operations for the aggressors to accomplish exactly whatever it was they planned and the warmakers, as you know, are underwriting their performances of power while balancing spectacular, ultimately unmanageable deficits.
The best empire can do is foment civil war and sneak around behind the scenes while hope is warring with belief. Oh they feared that loudly according to the pundits promoting Rumsfeld in video clips denouncing civil war as absolutely the one element they did not want and yet that is their only way, the last card to play and not even that last card worked in Iraq and it sure won't work anywhere else considering the foibles of
ego gone wild playing out in Afpak and anywhere else in the Sustainwesternizationistans. The greatest failure of the regals is their inability to recognize mankind's sentience and
durability to survive in spite of suffering. That link by the way contains Linh Dinh's message, but
Counterpunch displays it more easily without the photo download wait. I strongly suggest you peek and when you are done then visit his blog for visuals. No one can say cities are any worse off than rural municipalities, each has its own flavor of suffering which overall is desperation as hope and belief show themselves to be useless push backs against the inevitable.
If we were in a stage of our evolution where cruelty was banished out of sight and mind, which is in part what empire historically promotes so we won't interfere, we would not be able to reconcile suffering in terms that fit in with our lifestyles (strange word - zeitgeist alert) and would ignore it as some alien noise from the outside that had nothing to do with us. All of that changed, again thanks to the web and thanks to the overpopulous amping of efforts to control and coerce brought to us by the same technological development that make the Internet possible. This is yet another take on the double edge sword of being alive during the great toboggan downhill slide of Peak Everything. In Peak Everything we play musical chairs everyday, every sleepless night under a comforter of dreams while nothing is done to alleviate even minimally the collapsing of social order.
In the world of our dreams we are replacing the missing chair, giving of ourselves without restraints, sharing our tables and sitting at the tables of our friends, all without wishful thinking, but creating the best of ourselves, the humanities, the things that last, the passing on to future generations real survival skills and the realities of our pasts, our love and our nurturing in ways that will see them into eternity - the way it was meant to be without making up useless phrases and deifying false gods because none of that is needed to be truly human. The world of our dreams will never come about without honesty, tireless compassion and the absence of shame, paranoia and guilt. As long as we bear guilt for our ruinous investments in nonsense we remain tied to the abusive wheel with which we steer all species into oblivion. In the world of our dreams we recognize the right of everything to exist alongside us without taking advantage because we are all that we need to be exactly as we are and always have been. And yet, in spite of all we think we know, don't know and learn, see and experience,
what is IS. There is nothing else.
Why anyone, especially at this point in time, would entertain hope and belief is beyond me. Sure, there is the occasional feel good human interest story put there to sustain the wishful. After all, it is the wishful making up quite a lot of the sub-party clans that you will note have not been able to get through their agendas, sadly making laughing stocks of themselves as if they are nothing more than another television junk reality show. Ask yourself just whom exactly sponsors these shows and why.
Last word: It is a HUGE tragedy among us that intelligent, decent people can put up a very direct and truthful blog post only to rescind it hours later on the grounds naked, unvarnished truth will bring them only deeper and more immediate suffering. Such events tell us the truth of our present and are omens of what we can expect this new year to bring.
121 comments:
Hi Nina,
Guess you changed some settings. Neither of us has been able to comment till now.
Your rap on hope, wistfulness, etc I agree mostly with. The problem is in the definition of what those words mean.
I think it depends on context. I may hope to finish a job tomorrow, which is expressing a justified projection. I may wish for something which provides the impetus to take action to make it so.
I do however agree that how those terms are mostly used, they are entirely empty and provide an excuse to do nothing, waiting for the deus ex machina to do our hopeful bidding. Those terms also will apply to hopeless situations over which we have absolutely no control.
Good post lady
One of my fears is that the ruling squids are in the process of sabotaging the internet so that it will devolve into another Tower of Babel and be useless to us all. Between corporatizing it, regulating it, surveillance of it, and hiring legions of trolls to post conflicting misinformation, soon it will no longer serve us as a resource for figuring out what is really going on.
Perhaps you are right, in the idea that maybe life is not knowable the way we want to know it. I think we are going to have to ultimately decide what we are going to declare to be our own truths. Ideas or values that we decide are more important to us than our little lives, some concepts so precious to us that we will sacrifice and even die for. I think many of us are just hard-wired to have faith in "things unseen."
But, as we know, our eyes only see a small sliver of what is actually all around us. And our minds only understand a sliver of What Is. But maybe our hearts sense that more is there, and that we should at least appreciate the mystery. Meanwhile, we can set certain parameters for ourselves that we refuse to violate.
In the memorable words of Lawrence Ferlinghetti, "There is some shit I will not eat."
Nina_For some time now my response when directed to hope or wish for something I do not have the tools or resources to get is forge-fire anger. How dare they direct me to waste my energy that way. How freaking cruel can people be anyway?
Hope is salt on the garden of truth. Honesty is the only way under the mountain and out. Suffering is honesty's goad.
Comfort lies.
freeacre_TPTB don't dare cut off the internet because it defuses anger and frustration with infinite porn. There's a powerful reason that porn is free, games are free, Facebook is free...... It keeps young men separated, enforces true isolation, burns off adrenaline and testosterone with game and fap.
Whatever else happens the internet has to stay on. Has to flame off the combustible gasses.
v'word: outtacto....... out of touch, not enough touching, out of reach.....hope is outtacto
nina,
that image on the top of the page is beautiful. i love the colour. what one call it?
ah, i too hear kali at the gates. i stand ready to open them, knowing that in so doing any comfort and hope i have clung on to will be shred in an instant.
but that is to be - and i welcome it because through the years where expectations and hope have lined up with outstretched arms only to remain empty.
and strangely enough for that i am extremely grateful.
i agree pangolin, the internet can never be closed down - it is the panacea...... it gives us knowledge yet strips the active rage and action that should accompany this knowing.
let us sweep the gate way and path for kali's final approach.... and be prepared for the truth she brings.
i looked at these images and the most surprising thing happened, tears flowed.
it was akin to the blitz and bombing of iraq - i could not believe that such treasures and beauty could be willingly destroyed.
and in a way i wished the same for america.
but now i look at these images and feel such a loss, such beauty, such effort, such potential sacrificed to greed, avarice and evil.
how did detroit fall like this. how could it have happened.
one thing to destroy the 'enemy' but to allow this to happen to your own is unimaginable.
seeing these photographs were akin to any crumbling african nation under a despot and megalomaniac where the only thing that can survive is the squalid shadow of what was once beauty.
for what - for outsourcing - for a higher profit margin.
what on earth has happened to all these people in this city.
i sweep the gates, and from the depths of my being i call on kali - to finish us off.
veriword - spated.
"Taking apart wait and see, you'll realize it is procrastination costumed in hope."
Gold. Thank you for being and sharing.
I'm relieved Murph and FA can see this page. I didn't really change anything, eliminated a few pictures to balance with the depth of the text and that's it. One thing I did do was spend around twenty minutes viewing my settings to help our new friend, dancer Life in Creation get a comment page up for her beautiful blog. That would be interesting, that simply visiting the settings caused a repair?
Murph, I can count on you to fill in whatever I missed, and you are right on the money. Context is everything. Thank you. It is pitiful our own bredren wait in vain.
Nina,
My own rescinding was to ward off possible suffering complications to another, not myself. Otherwise, your point still stands.
I can't come up with the appropriate words to describe how powerfully your post affects and moves me with your incredible distillation of the truth of the situation. And you seem to do that most (all) of the time, consistently.
Kali is one of Her forms and moods, ones which She constantly exposes us to, ever-changing, as She deems necessary for the moment. Her underlying nature, formless, is an all-enveloping embrace of Love and Compassion, incomprehensible and indescribable. She knows who are Her own, who don't succumb to fear of outward appearances, who live for and celebrate Her darshan, and dedicate their lives in Her service. Storming or quietly knocking with pure intent, either way, will open the gates. Her hand is already on the latch.
Blessings for the coming new numerology (grin).
>onedestiny<
"It doesn't mean we don't have a plan, many of us do, but are unable to act sufficiently on our plans because too much of these plans are dependent on variables over which we have no control."
N (my partner-in-crime) and I were just discussing this last night: the difficulty and yet necessity of making plans/preparing for an unknowable future. We have been prepping for what we see coming for six years now. But what a crazy path to walk when the "what is coming" seems to be constantly changing. At least it keeps us on our toes, and open to the flow...
Nina,
neil was able to post a comment on my site, so it appears any comment issues have been fixed. :)
now, if i could just figure out how to get hyperlinks to go away to a new tab...
Hello again, just after I made one comment the storm warnings set in and we've been out stacking firewood and replacing tarps. Its bitter out there. Wind gusting up to 65 mph. Snowfall expected to be 15" by tomorrow. But the worst are the flood warnings which won't be a problem for us, but for the flatlanders in their crackerbox McMansions in the valleys. I really feel for the Queenslanders, the Pakis, the Haitians, still, Pubius and Z whose areas got hit with that blizzard last week and the Californians in La Canada Flintridge who will get those dread mudslides, eeeeek. Our Rasta is so fortunate ...
Free, we have long been warned by John at Survival Acres what the internet is doing. And we have no way to tell with targeted ads who really is doing the targeting, for what reason and to whom is the information sold. Some of the ads I see are so lame you know they are not even an ad. What's behind the meaningless graphic anyway, a camera?
All we can do about that is just enjoy it for the moment like a sweet, but brief love affair knowing its not a keeper. Pangolin is exactly right, we're just placid users, diffused. And so many retailers are online now, their parents' money speaks loudly.
Pangolin, some people can be extremely cruel in a passive aggressive manner which needs a minute or an hour to build in you and then the anger sets in. Its a game with them to use you for their favorite form of intellectual stimulation. And then there are the just plain insensitive and insincere who are not addressing you as shown by the cheap response to your presence and earnest conversation. They are bored, tired, have no compassion or interest in anything beyond themselves. These are often the same people whose sole interest in life is how they can profit from whomever they come into contact with. If you cannot represent profit to them, you don't count enough for them to converse with you. Sad but true.
Su, that color is Ultramarine mixed with a small amount of watery pink. I thought you'd seen this one already and put it up for you, yes you. Its a repost from 2008 - I think 2008, very possibly earlier.
Please take some new photos of Vald and nina when you can, I want to see how they are faring in a loving forever home.
I know how you feel and empathize. Especially when I see the Rwandan camp children tell of their experiences.
..neil..exquisite. That is why we're here, blogging and grouping, its that tavern of paradise lantern light.
Thank you
Thanks Strawman, I'm happy you are back again.
Bho, one of these days we will find your soul path, you have my solemn promise, but I suspect you already know and are living it.
>one love, one heart, one destiny<
Life, you should probably read The Road and The Book of Eli. Both are extremely through provoking films too. That's what is coming, that is what our plans call for, but how to plan for that?
That's where Kali comes in, Kali who knows us is the portal out.
Life, one more thing, right click on the link to see your choices, open in new tab? Or open in new window?
nina,su's right that picture up there grabs the mystery strings deeply,may have to pull that poem though,have read it again and it seems a bit confused..
dont know if anyone else read what bho put up on les's post,the link to wetiko
interesting stuff,the person who wrote it deep thinker and good bloke.
respects to all
Thanks ..neil.., I just downloaded Visible's poem, will go back for Bho's link now. I like your poem as it is, but I'm always interested to see how you would change it.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/gallery/2011/jan/02/photography-detroit#/?picture=370173054&index=0
these are the images that make me sweep for kali.
omitted earlier, obviously in serious need of the forest energy.
Thank you Susu. Great art, terrifying images of the new world brought home by the very reasons you mention. The Guardian would have us believe it is because of Americans love affair with Japanese cars, but where then is Japan's profit?
One day Dubai will look like this too.
Loved your explication of hope--hope springs from truth, and without truth then we end up with the politically gamed (and meaningless) "hope."
Charles, I agree with you and Murph, it is in the context ... and like so much else, co-opted.
Will you be putting up links to your weeklies?
Charles, even before I am half through your post for today I see I must let you know how very much I appreciate your endless well of versatility. My enduring gratitude goes to you.
Nina, that is high praise coming from you! I always hold my breath when I risk discussing stuff like healthcare.... thank goodness coffee, tea and wine are all good for you (in appropriate dosages).
Nina,
How has the snowfall been? We're lucky and having a mild winter here in BC. Snow for sure, but nothing unmanageable. That's the advantage (at least for now) to living in a temperate rainforest. :) Hoping this doesn't change too much too soon. Will be an interesting challenge to re-learn how to grow food with changing and unpredictable seasons.
Yes, The Road and The Book of Eli, am familiar with the onscreen versions (haven't read the books). How long do you think it will take to get to that point?
Great Max Keiser video today (including an interview with Kunstler). Not sure if any of you follow Max, but he is brilliant, spot-on, and super funny all at the same time:
http://maxkeiser.com/2011/01/04/keiser-report-monsanto-diplomats-and-shopping-rampages/#comments
Regarding the link to a new tab or window, I was actually referring to how get that to happen when I wish to post a link (either on my site or in comments). I believe it requires html code, which I am not an expert in. I have done searching online, but seem to be too dense to absorb any instructions properly.
nina, i just saw that i have been added to your site list. i am honored, and feel privileged to be in such righteous company.
merci beaucoup.
Just got in from doing everything I didn't do during the rains, the flu and the mud, snow and ice. Let me throw something on the burners to fill the old man's tummy and I'll be back.
Life, I have your html code. No problemo.
Su, the presents for Vlad and nina are on the way! Will email you the various int'l numbers for customs. Ran into a wonderful clerk who put your box in a large M-5 (?) bag bringing the price way down to do-able. I'm so excited. 7 - 10 days to get to you, but add on about 3 more for local dillydallying.
Charles, you rocker you, I hear bu doesn't hurt us either. :O
Life, The only difficulty in explaining this in a comment format is just about whatever you do, you make a link instead of illustrating the code. Heh. Once you have it, its a breeze.
So I need your email address. Mine is: artlifewest@gmaildotcom
Gmail allows the whole html (hypertext markup language) code to show, comments don't, they only show the finished product. Trust me, you'll see what I mean when you get going.
IF ANYONE ELSE WANTS TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE LINKS IN COMMENTS please let me know ASAP so I can include you in Life's email link lesson.
Oh but it is us who are honored and privileged, Isadora. Your blog looks very attractive on the list with that lovely nature in winter photo.
@bholanath: My own rescinding was to ward off possible suffering complications to another, not myself. Otherwise, your point still stands.
I understand your intent. But I think its even more basic because
the outcome is the same. When someone you love suffers, you suffer too. If his suffering increases, so does yours.
We saw the evidence. Not many, but some, and as one who saw it I then suffered, as did others, since one person's experience can be easily understood in these times and in the past and in former lives. You know that kinda lame phrase "I feel for ya" well, that's how it is. That translates to feeling for all of us. That doesn't mean you should not express yourself honestly, it means you write so beautifully that we just went right along on your trip. It may just be that "warding off" is a natural human reaction when you realize you could unthinkingly enlarge tragedy. You did the right thing, and the western world is so lopsided now it is wrong that you had to do it.
hi nina, check it out!
i think this is going to work...
i'm posting the keiser video again:
Keiser Report – The Monsanto Cables and Those Shopping Rampages
You did it! G'wan girl!
Now we go onto the next step, dealing with yourself as not being dense at all. What you did is actually a little more complex than I suggested and its a great door opener to more.
looks like i get to practice one more time (it seems the place the video lives changes after the first day)
Keiser Report – The Monsanto Cables and Those Shopping Rampages
Nina, you just lifted my spirit so much this morning, thank you. Especially because of current state of 'humanity' I tend to forget this:
"since one person's experience can be easily understood in these times and in the past and in former lives".
The number who overstand around these parts is sometimes not so great. And, now with mars squaring my jupiter/chiron/asc (in libra), I wake up with awfully heavy despair and rage at injustice - my main wound-of-lifetimes, primary experience of worldly walls of ignorance and powerlessness, this incarnation's healing imperative to express that knowledge/experience - this passion to restore 'balance/harmony' is often compromised by my mars-uranus square which has led to, in many lifetimes, explosive iconoclasm that renders me as outcast and instigator of unintended consequences both to myself and others. But, with uranus conj. my dharmic node, the lesson obviously is that it is my unmistakable path to wholeness to just be That. 9th house, too, so its always around the subjects of law and religion.
Ok, enough bitching about my own struggle and shortcomings. Just want you to know I greatly appreciate your insights and empathic nature and ability to express on so many levels what so many of us feel.
Nina, Much appreciation for your post. Whenever I read your writings, there is always a moment when I wish I could write like you, but then I wouldn't be me, and I like being who I am. You garner much power through your skilled use of words. I admire your talents.
These are dark days indeed, and after some consideration about hope and belief, denial and wishful thinking, I come to also recognize that we are not served in anyway by arriving at hopelessness. I'm saddened when I hear a sense of futility in people's hearts, even while understandable. This is because I Know, not hope or believe, but know that humans, the majority of whom have good hearts, have the power to create far beyond what most have yet realized. The sycophants who inflict suffering round the globe, recognize, use (and abuse) this same power. We who make up the masses are no different in our innate ability, just awareness and practice. The number of people becoming aware of their power to create grows steadily. Quietly at first, now more and more pronounced.
Glad to find that you recognize this too: "no matter the resources at stake, there are simply too many bright and clever people applying their hearts, minds and skills to these operations for the aggressors to accomplish exactly whatever it was they planned"
Yes, please keep writing!
Hi Nina and All,
So I finally got the urge to post my first comment here, after years of lurking; training wheels and all ...
Then I find myself 'eavesdropping' on your casual conversation with Bholonath, matter of factly discussing previous incarnations ...
Darn, so much still to remember and learn ;)
Anyways Nina, I love your writing, though sometimes a bit 'terse' for a Dutchy like me. And all I love the atmosphere of love and compassion you are creating here, so I'd like to join in, if allowed ;)
OneLove
Erik (from Les' blogs)
Bholanath,
I noticed I misspelled your name, sorry bro ...
It always lifts my spirit when I realize someone else realizes just how screwed up things are becoming. I guess that is good.
I am just getting over....whatever it is swine flu or whatever they call it. Caught pleurisy, hoarhound tea wouldn't do it this time, had try cipro. I had a pain in my right lung and I was seriously thinking it might be check out time. The only thing that would bother me about that would be missing the grand finale! Well leaving friends behind.
You are right though Kali is coming.
http://dublinmick.wordpress.com/2010/06/24/the-great-abyss/
http://dublinmick.wordpress.com/2010/07/01/eruption-of-the-yellowstone-super-volcano-would-be-catastrophic/
Erik, Welcome!
Finally you resolve the mystery for me concerning just whom exactly is this long time reader in the Netherlands. As I have said to all who make the transition from background to front row, I am delighted you spoke up.
Likely, you know just about everybody already and can be your natural self.
I'm curious, because your English is excellent, are you an ex-pat or a native Hollander? I've heard many good things about your area concerning healthcare, ocean engineering and social mores. As time goes on, please fill us in.
So glad you took off the training wheels.
Mick, we had the same flu. You describe it perfectly. Clue: feeling one is at death's door, crossing the threshold. I took Cipro as well. Whoa man, reeeeeeely screws up the body, however it did work along with egg drop soup and almost a waterboarding of oneself with herbal teas. I would not have taken the meds if I didn't have to snap to right away and get on with battling climate chaos on the home front.
I always read everything you put up. And, you know, since we have so many Visiblites over here, it makes the comments over at Visible's various houses of worship all that much more interesting, doesn't it? You did see Su's latest, dream of a nightmare ... yes?
Light Keeper, I'm so glad to see you. Its interesting that I often think of your father's compassionate bargain/deed in the strangest places, like in town, at the supermarket, wondering why there are not more like him. His action if performed by everyone able to do so, could change everything.
I found an great article a few years ago on hope being stolen from the people. Promise to put up a link as soon as I find it again. I admit to being a lazy bookmarker.
Nina -
Glad to hear you're doing better. I sometimes think that getting through these new flues makes our immune systems stronger for warding off the next upgrade versions. And good to hear of Mick's recovery too. Mick has been putting up fantastic stuff for quite a while. Also Su's latest is totally over the top! A masterpiece.
I heard the news today, o boy...
They're speaking the new language totally now. "Experts have determined through extensive statistical analysis that down is actually up. It just depends on where your particular POV is. If you're way down, then down is still up. If you squint real hard you can see that this is true. What we used to refer to as up is now considered down, but if you're standing on a ladder you will easily see that that 'up' is not what it appears to be. All indications are that things are looking up, unless of course you are standing too far down the memory hole. 4 not only appears as 5, but a blue-ribbon commission has determined it always was 5."
>respects<
Bholanath, your blog presentation yesterday, I'll comment today when the words arrive, muy bueno. My favorite parts are, as always, your own words. You have an amazing ability to move my hardened heart.
Excellent my brother. Heh. Less willful, less informed people would just slide over that threshold into some dusty plane of nothingness.
Do you realize we were posting at the same time, a true and wonderful synchronicity.
>gazing upon the chimes of freedom flashing<
Does anyone know how to get an email through to Joe Bageant?
Nina, I am a 52 year old native Hollander, with a passion and a gift for languages.
In the past years I have been in the 'smack middle' of our healthcare system for (colon)cancer treatment, and I survived ;)
However, since they 'goofed up' a simple follow-up operation, my life was (again) turned upside-down and I started scrambling for my 'training wheels'. I had nothing left but time ...
Through Origami and your place, I was able to get back on 'the rails'; thank you and both blogs visitors for that.
Mores in The Netherlands are, like everywhere, slipping according to plan ...
Nina, Thanks for the warm welcome. You know, I was thinking last night about how we are unable to witness the ripple effect of our words and deeds big and small. Is your comment a coincidence? I'd forgotten about sharing that story of my father and never imagined it would stay with someone who read it. Doubt my father contemplated at the time, that putting the (ex) housekeeper's daughter through college would ripple out in expanding circles, through his children's lives, the lives touched by that young woman as she pursued her education, and the students she touched throughout her teaching career at the University of Michigan, and on and on.
It was an unusual deed, and the uniqueness serves to illustrate that what we do and say matters, more then we can see. The ripple effect of our actions spreads out far beyond out view.
As we watch the insidious dark forces march their destruction through the lives of all on this planet, it's easy to feel helpless and powerless to stop their relentless siege, unless we acknowledge, own, and trust that we have the power to effect positive change beyond the limits of our perception.
Kali at the gates strikes something deep within me and as I sort through the thoughts and emotions, I'll draft a post. Your words effecting me, eliciting my actions, my actions effecting others in ways I'll not know beyond perhaps a comment posted by a reader.
Much gratitude to you, Nina. You make the world a better place for everyone.
Namaste,
Helen
I think YOU for that Erik, your presence today reminds us no one is left behind wherever they may be.
I have this grizzly cowboy friend in the desert who is 79 now and beaten colon cancer twice. Too willful. Too busy surviving. Its a beautiful thing.
I am even more glad you are here. I feel like you do about Origami, its saved many of us, repeatedly too.
Helen: ...Doubt my father contemplated at the time...
That's the secret, it was a basic human act without barriers. It just was/is. We get so busy defending whatever it is we defend that to go outside of what is being defended rarely occurs to people anymore. This situation reminds me of jackals defending their dinner. I hate it. We might as well just go ahead and snarl, barring our teeth when anyone appears to need a kindness.
Western civilization refuses to see this side of themselves and it worsens by the day as the crises among us increase - as if we personally would multiply our own suffering by giving of ourselves. Which is just more of the backwardness bholanath refers to because when you give freely, naturally, there is always more where that comes from.
helping people and giving things away unconditionaly also feels good aswell...
I would say it is our natural state and the place where once learned on a species wide scale would probably be of the most benefit to us and everything else in the world,...
peace and respects..
Yes, we feel good, everybody feels good. Right now I'm trying to think what else makes everyone feel that good and I can't think of a single thing. The best parts of our lives are rooted in giving of ourselves. One can be rich or destitute or somewhere inbetween and still have something to share.
When I started hearing close to none of the money earmarked for Haiti never got there I wanted to puke. All those loudly proclaimed promises strutting about on the world stage and look what happened, they checked their deficits and discovered wolves devoured all good intention. Haiti is then ignored.
No one seemed to realize they need help - not money that vanishes minutes after it arrives.
When my father passed away, my little girl and I drove under an overpass and gave his sweaters to everyone there all whom were overjoyed. If I had announced my intention to do that, easily there would have been woo woo warnings and cautions and attempts to dissuade. For shame!
Have any of you heard about the recent bird and fish die offs?
The 10 Leading Theories For Dead Birds And Fish
Also regarding the honey bee deaths:
Wik-Bee Leaks: EPA Document Shows It Knowingly Allowed Pesticide That Kills Honey Bees
My goodness.
This map of the bird and fish kills was in George Ure's column today:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=201817256339889828327.0004991bca25af104a22b
(I should have gotten the link lesson too)
I very much appreciate it when people put links here for all of us to see and learn. I guarantee they get read.
Light Keeper, I just sent you the link lesson. Thanks for asking.
I did get over to read SU, very nice. I think sometimes many bloggers don't have time to read much other than their own blog. I pick out five or six and try and keep up.
So you had this stuff too? I remember thinking what would I do if were in both lungs. When I coughed it was like someone sticking a knife in my right lung. I was waking up at night thinking I had been stabbed.
Bho you are right, everytime you catch the flu a natural immunity occurs in the chain and you are more ready for the next one, so all is not lost. That is what someone told me anyway. It makes sense. If you miss out on a sequence, the next one hits you harder. I read your blog and sorry to hear about your friend. I try and never put anything in my blog that could be interpreted to mean I am advocating violence, because that is exactly what some are looking for. That may not be your intention but it is all in how it is interpreted.
Since Habeas Corpus has been obliterated it is steep slope. I can imagine a round table full of Wacken Hut security guards with a room temperature I.Q. trying to decide who is problem and who isn't.
For the person in Holland you might look here for some tips on the colon.
http://www.cancertutor.com/Other/Colon_Cancer.html
http://www.naturalnews.com/029207_omega_3s_colon_cancer.html
I try and throw some things in the blog that will help somebody that has maybe not heard of them as well as some humor. Greg Hallett and the spymaster and Russian Red Tarzan are definitely a hoot.
Nina this is Joe Bageant's email. I wrote him once and never heard back though.
joebageant@joebageant.com
I posted these links earlier today, and they showed up then, but now I can't find my comment anywhere. Will try again - sorry if it ends up showing up twice.
Have you all heard about the recent bird and fish die offs?
tThe 10 Leading Theories For Dead Birds And Fish
And also the bees:
Wik-Bee Leaks: EPA Document Shows It Knowingly Allowed Pesticide That Kills Honey Bees
My goodness...
Thank you Mick! Very thoughtful. Our Hans Brinker is Erik, I predict you two will get along rather well. I can make such a prediction in full confidence, anything else is unknown.
Oh yes, and that flu. I was a flu virgin so it was unfun extreme. It is a small comfort, but, sigh, important, to hear you verify with bholanath about building stronger defenses because no one should have to go through that over and over.
Erik, please send me your email address so I can forward the live link system. artlifewestatgmaildotcom
We're going to be the linkingist place on Earth. As I mentioned to Life in Creation once you figure out live links a lot of html information falls into place and leads you to be able to do new things with text that were useless annoyances before.
Topic of Topics I may have to use this one. I think I am going to call them "Wetilos" from now on.
Eeh, Wetikos is the correct 'spell' Mick; suffering from malignant egophrenia ... ;D
intensifying rapidly
flexing through dominion
impressing adverse momentary
reverberate continuim
artificial falsity
wither uncondoned
progressing equilibrium
natured truth in zone
multicolor atmospheric
centralized in frequency
invoked in inner essences
collect within the seasonly
vibrations variating
always all in all
in practising of peace
in lifes old ancient school
..peace..
Mick said: joebageant@joebageant.com
Dearest Mickles:
It doesn't matter if we don't hear back from him, its like sending an email to Country Joe who I know and never heard back from either. Mr. Bageant has been pronounced "incurable/inoperable" and is in the VA hospital. He says he has access to his email, but is not strong enough to respond to the senders.
Here is a real opportunity to give without any thought of getting back.
If anyone is going to email him, I think its perfectly fine to include a link to your blog under your sign-off so he can see who it is that is sending healing messages - if he is able.
A note from Joe
You especially Mick should do this if at all possible because you have valuable knowledge in this area as you have shown many times here. Who knows, it doesn't take much to click a link and you are very good at covering all the bases. He may well follow them up and respond - or not, but you will have done a great and selfless deed.
We must never forget that it was Mr. Bageant who freely gave us his speech Escape from the Zombie Food Court, easily, hands down, one of the finest posts ever written anywhere. I keep a link to it in the Free Never Overdue Library on my home page if anyone missed it.
I'd like to see everyone commenting here send Joe a few uplifting words. Let's live what we preach.
Escape from the Zombie Food Court
..neil.. if I was lying in some hospital somewhere hovering between life and death, it would mean a lot to get a ..peace.. poem out of the blue from someone I never met. Don't you agree?
concentrated unconfused
compassionate profound
intensifying sequencies
of color touch and sound
ground and sky and moon and sun
of mountain star and seas
patterns weaving essences
sway along the breeze
blues and greens and indigo
the properties within
life expressing harmony's
an everlasting spring
a spark of life revitalize
all is all is one
resurecting unifying
universal hum.
..peace..
nina,tried to send a healing one to joe but computer wont let me,I have written it down so will try again tomorrow...neil
..neil.., there must be a special place for you in the Human Realm. Save me a spot in your circle.
If you continue to glitch ..neil.., I will send it for you, signed by you of course, if you need.
O.K. sorry about the typo, Wetikos it is.
The Zombie Food Court is good. First time i read that one and it may be his best. Everything he writes is pretty good though.
I will try and email him.
I loved this one of Joe's:
Lost on the Fearless Plain
Best quote:
There is no cutting our umbilical link to the womb of this illusion, this mass hallucination. There is only getting a longer umbilical cord, closing your eyes, and pretending that what the rest of the nation does has no effect on you.
An Ode to Joe:
Dear Joe:
just so you know,
I love your writing,
yeah I love your prose
You've made me smile
all the way down to my toes
now I'm sending you healing
all the way up to your nose
So this little rhyme
though it ain't worth a dime,
was written to say
please God, let him stay -
don't send Bageant away!
lantern glow calming
gliding on waves
rays of ever goodness
tipped on loving grace
resonating frequency
flowing healing beams
concentrated revitalizing
loving peacefull streams
enter on the momentary
wander on the flow
stirring round vibrations
essence inner glow
rising inner medicine
presence of the light
free the healing energys
filling all with life..
..peace..
tried sending it to joe again,no luck,so you will have to send for him nina..
its the last poem with peace under it....
once again you give me to much praise nina...peace and respects
oh sorry forgot to put name
thanks nina...neil
heh,
I just found this:
The famous cartoon characters discussing 'What Is My True Nature'.
Rather than to the youtube directly, I will point you Randall Friend's site.
... an interesting place to discover ;)
Cartoon Dogs
TWORX!
'I can do raw HTML, me'
..now if we could convince Nina to slightly tweak her 'default link colours' so they would stand out more, hmmm ....
Kali is the perfect totem for the savagery of our time. I have loved her in her many manifestations -perhaps i will paint her someday as a talisman.
another gem of a post. It doesnt matter how large the space between them, these posts are always something to savor. a treat even, if you can call it that, when it reminds me once again the truth of our situation. I left wait and see about 3 years ago and just stayed with "see".
the Detroit photographs are an essay that everyone should be made to look at clockwork orange style. It can happen and it will happen over and over again - beauty crushed under the wheels of empire; a giant death star of global finance steered by sickly Palpatines, eternally cold and gray creatures even though they suck the life out of everything they encounter.
(and that will be my only geeky star wars reference today)
Thinking about Joe Bageant, which Nina introduced me to with zombie food court -he did what i try to do -just disengage from the "hologram" (ninas term) as much as possible do as much of the real and basic living as possible. Very troubled be his health crisis but so appreciative of his writings.
everything i type sounds lame this morning so i will sign off except for this
I was up on the granite mountain yesterday as i watched a bank of clouds roll in from the west. the wind was so strong i thought i would blow off. a murder of crows passed over me each one looking directly at me. the landscape was desaturated in color but the textures were intensified. the world is rich in beauty and goodness. Its what i live for now: seeing it, loving it, recording it, advocating for it. theres nothing else to do.
Nina,
The Zombie Food Court is wonderful! Thank you for the link. I wrote a note to Joe as you suggested. Yes, giving is the highest reward.
Neil, Your poem for Joe was exactly what I needed to hear, much appreciation.
I don't like waking with a sudden, jolting second guess about whether some sentence I wrote and posted could be misconstrued as calling for revolt, after only three hours sleep :/
Oops, no disrespect intended for the thread for Joe Bageant developing here ... with my, at this time, maybe inappropriate ramblings above.
I posted my 'call for action' on Petri.
It is time for some focussed intent; Nina's 'Net of Light'
light keeper,always kind words,I dont know I may be mistaken,I would say we need a revolution,non violent uprising of the people on a global scale..
pandering to psychopaths has got the people into this mess,we need to say,no no more,but with our actions.
I dont condone violence in any way unless of course in defence..
peace and respects...
oh and life in creation great poem...
Erik, Congratulations on your html! I need to deny that the Net of Light is mine at all, it is the Indigenous Grandmothers' way which bholanath shared with us and I just adopted and found its healing beauty. Credit goes where its due. But I am so glad you brought it up because this is indeed yet another excellent moment to cast the Net.
Your Ode to Joe was excellent Life. Did you send it yet? I'm sending ..neil's.. right about now and wanted to know if I should include your's also?
So many talents, truly you live a life in the creation.
Chickory, permit me to indulge in some wishful thinking about a shared back fence. I love your work and your comments. I owe Dmitry Orlov a debt of gratitude. However long it may be before I ever get back to the other side of this continent, at least we share the same sky and worship at the same altar.
Light, I see you have a new post and will be off to read in just a sec, thanks for following up on Joe and taking in EFTZFC. That essay rocked my world at just the right time, it seemed to crystallize everything I'd wanted to say from the moment I started blogging. My gratitude to John, "admin", at Survival Acres for that one which began this thing I have for Mr. Bageant. Go get some sleep and we'll see you when you've rested.
As Chickory and Su stress, there is nothing else, nothing to know, just care for your body and your soul.
..neil... I'd recognize you anywhere. I always do you know, on other blogs, I know you. That is because you are so blessedly knowable.
Also, I couldn't wait, your wonderful poem was sent. And I will send whatever lovely things come along, at any time from any of us here. The glitch you may have run into ..neil.., MAY well be his email address is all lower case.
Thanks for allowing me to be of assistance.
thankyou nina,I dont know why it wont post...
also that piece of writing from joe is first rate,full of energy and bursting with life..
I started to write a reply to your comments, Neil and Nina, however it ended up as a post because it may be helpful to others as well. I'm in total agreement with you Neil, about not pandering to psychopaths. What woke me up is related to a timing issue, which I explored in the post
So here goes my first attempt at inserting html links in a comment...
Avoid a Cosmic Tragedy of Errors, Wait for Your Cue
Life, Love your poem. Humor is truly the best medicine! I hope you'll post it on your blog :)
Very nice Light Keeper. Takes me exactly where I want to go.
Thank you Nina, it's means a lot coming from you.
Two links that might be on interest, both quite sobering. I posted them in a comment on my site as well.
One of the best videos I've seen explaining with historical and current facts, the likelihood that we are nearing collapse of the dollar. I'm not keen that it ends with a sales pitch for 4 publications "free for subscribing at 1/2 the usual price." Although I don't begrudge anyone from earning a living and being reasonably compensated for their expertise. What's presented is not really new,Porter Stansberry just pulls it all together very clearly.
MSNBC on Unified Quest 2011. It's been pointed out by a number of people that elitists always warn of what they're about to do, not that most people catch on about the warning.
Promise the next link I post here will be uplifting :)
Glad you's all liked my Ode to Joe. Written for and inspired by him and his refreshingly irreverent style of writing. Thanks for the offer Nina, but I can go ahead and send it to him, along with this: "Your honest, irreverent, and totally spot-on rantings are a breath of fresh air in this stinking culture of lies and weak-kneed denial." :)
Yes, I'll probably post it on my site Light Keeper, but first this one I put up today:
Star Song
chickory, i am in complete agreement with you:
"the world is rich in beauty and goodness. Its what i live for now: seeing it, loving it, recording it, advocating for it. theres nothing else to do."
neil, LOVED the "lantern calming.." poem.
You remind me of a western I saw this past week concerning Custer's Last Stand. In the aftermath of the battle, indigenious women walked among the dead white men's bodies sticking knitting needles through their eardrums so they could hear better.
The administration tells us exactly what they plan to do, but now its the citizen patriots and partiers that need the ear cleaning. A compromised media doesn't help nor does an invested citizenry loathe to grasp the real message.
...they tell us their plan, why?
Could it be they can't manifest it themselves, for they are (no longer) creative, being wetikos and all. hmmm...
BTW chickory,
I visited your site and blog today, what beautiful artwork!
Made me ponder about creativity, hence the previous post ...
Testing 123, testing ....
Some comments are not showing up. Send me your comments and I will put them up if you don't see yours appear right away. That is if my comment shows up.
Nina, your comment posted and don't see any missing. Working on this end.
Erik, From what I've learned, the elitist have one tiny hint of an ethic, which the all share amongst themselves. They believe they should give a short warning of their next step. It's usually quite veiled, but once you know how they opperate you can pick them up. Rev. Lindsey Williams, who was chaplain for ARCO when they built the Alaska pipeline hung out with the senior oilmen and their families. One or two have been willing to share some advance info, which Lindsey shares on Alex Jones, and sometimes Coast to Coast radio. he's elderly and has a hard time getting to the point,so it's maddening to listen to, but I've found the warnings he shares to be accurate.
Some info is given through the MSM, usually in just a short news clip, example: they tell of some training exercise for something (what they are planning) that only has a very slight possibly of happening. And then it happens.
Another method used by Obama is to come out with some statement that we're not going to consider blah blah blah, out of the blue when no one was even talking about the issue at all. Then some republican or cabinet member starts talking about why we need to do blah blah blah, to which Obama replies we won't consider doing that. They go back and forth for about 10 days and then Obama orders what he originally said he was not going to do.
The last method I've observed, usually used by the Federal Reserve or other Economic official (cloaked bankster). They announce that they are not going to do something, while simultaneously announcing they are going to do it. example: Fed chair Bernanke announces they are not going to devalue the currency while he's announcing that the Fed is going to start "quantitative easement," by buying treasury bonds, which is just printing more money to devalue the currency. All so sleazy.
testing.......
are you working now?
Good work Life, what do you think happened?
Blogger doesn't like this comment for some reason. This is the 3rd time I have posted it and it disappeared. Arrgh...
Glad you's all liked my Ode to Joe. Written for and inspired by him and his refreshingly irreverent style of writing. Thanks for the offer Nina, but I can go ahead and send it to him, along with this: "Your honest, irreverent, and totally spot-on rantings are a breath of fresh air in this stinking culture of lies and weak-kneed denial." :)
Yes, I'll probably post it on my site Light Keeper, but first this one I put up today:
Star Song
chickory, i am in complete agreement with you:
"the world is rich in beauty and goodness. Its what i live for now: seeing it, loving it, recording it, advocating for it. theres nothing else to do."
neil, LOVED the "lantern calming.." poem.
I was just in the process of putting your comment up. Whew, I looked and you already did it. Such a good comment too.
Nina,
I
have
no
idea.....
wv: hanker
ie: yanking my wanker while trying to post comments
Hi All,
Part 2 of Paul Levy's story on the evil wetiko virus is now available:
THE GREATEST EPIDEMIC SICKNESS KNOWN TO HUMANITY: PART 2
In the comments from this article someone mentioned this also very valuable information about Non Violent Communication by Marshall Rosenberg.
Here's a Youtube about it:
Nonviolent Communication Part 1 Marshall Rosenberg
Have Fun!
OneLove
If you wonder about my deleted comments ...
I have been trying to figure out why comments sometimes do not get posted.
I have come up with two possible causes.
1. using HTML links in comment 'triggers' HTML validation proces; depending on 'traffic' this takes longer than raw ASCII text ...
2. Not being logged on to Google before posting complicates/ f's up this switch -> comments gets lost in 'hyperspace' or in Nina's spam folder.
My 2ct's though.
I forgot the most probable:
3. Blogger 'glitch'; let's hope it's temporary ;)
Erik, you could have a point about the html, although disappearing comments are only one aspect of the issue, I understand the Trouts were getting a sign in pop-up, unable to comment at all, on the last essay. Here's what I'm thinking, some "limiter" kicks in when the comments become unweildy, maybe there are a certain number of comments expected by eblogger's system and when that number is exceeded, the system works only sporadically...
Thanks for the Wetikos update!
I am seduced by this far-out spot. Just reading it all I can sense there is a change a-coming.Time to break some rocks
Scrap
You are right about that Scrap. We appear to be in that change at the present.
DC Lobbyist Found Dead
This is even better than the previous video I linked above in my comment.
It is a video registration of a full day introductory training in Non Violent Communication by Marshall Rosenberg (founder of Nonviolent Communication) himself.
Here you will learn - in a fun way - the 'jackal' language of the wetiko, and how to turn it into 'giraffe' - the language spoken by empathic humans.
- it's all about needs and feelings -
The Basics of Non Violent Communication 1.1
Spiritual Basis of Nonviolent Communication
Marshall B. Rosenberg, Ph.D.
Is spirituality important in the process of Nonviolent Communication?
I think it is important that people see that spirituality is at the base of Nonviolent Communication, and that they learn the mechanics of the process with that in mind. It’s really a spiritual practice that I am trying to show as a way of life. Even though we don’t mention this, people get seduced by the practice. Even if they practice this as a mechanical technique, they start to experience things between themselves and other people they weren’t able to experience before. So eventually they come to the spirituality of the process. They begin to see that it’s more than a communication process and realize it’s really an attempt to manifest a certain spirituality. So I have tried to integrate the spirituality into the training in a way that meets my need not to destroy the beauty of it through abstract philosophizing.
What does God mean to you?
I need a way to think of God that would work for me, other words or ways to look at this beauty, this powerful energy, and so my name for God is “Beloved Divine Energy.” For a while it was just Divine Energy but then I was reading some of the Eastern religions, and Eastern poets, and I loved how they had this personal, loving connection with this Energy. And I found that it added to me to call it “Beloved” Divine Energy. To me this Beloved Divine Energy is life, connection to life.
What is your favorite way of knowing Beloved Divine Energy?
It is how I connect with human beings. I know Beloved Divine Energy by connecting with human beings in a certain way. I not only see Divine Energy, I taste Divine Energy, I feel Divine Energy, and I am Divine Energy. I’m connected with Beloved Divine Energy when I
connect with human beings in this certain way. Then God is very alive for me. Also talking with trees, talking with dogs and pigs, those are some of my other favorite ways.
thanks eric...nice stuff...neil
Neil, you are very welcome. Glad you liked it.
Les asked us to 'try harder'; as a 'recluse/hermit' with virtually no human contact, this is the only way I know how.
I even started a Facebook page: Erik van Wees ;)
WV: ouston 'Ouston, we've got a problem' (Baron Rothschild)
Neil,
Are you still planning to go to Italy to visit Les?
Any way I can 'hitch' a ride with you?
And then it dawned on me ...
I have now created a blogpost on Siamese Mirrors
Spiritual Basis Of Non Violent Communication
Will do 'cleanup' afterwards ;)
Or a Link to My FB article:
My FB article (grin)
New post up, The schedule jumps forward
Last as a waay of life..grin. You better not stop doing this
You are too good at it.
I believe in magic and paint this world with it. If you don't like black paint it says the sailor
with many painted hours of labor, no hospital green allowed.
Su,
I grew up in the burbs of Detroit and have used Michigan Central Station back when. Even in the sixties there were whole abandoned neighborhoods.
My education is always enhanced by all of you. Thanks for being who you are.
Thanks Bernie, I'm alerting Su in case she doesn't see your comment. I'd been wondering if you were doing okay. That you are posting is good, whatever else may be going on. I'm glad to see you.
Post a Comment