D E E P I N T O A R T L I F E WEST

Thursday, November 25, 2010

from dust to dust: broken and breaking

... The first U.S. census, in 1790, recorded four million Americans. By 2000, this number had grown to 281 million. It is expected to reach 310 million by 2010 and 439 million[17] by 2050. ...  Demographics of the United States


 By the time my homesteading chores for the day are done, the light is gone and evening wrapup chores require my presence.  I've been keeping up in moments grabbed between one thing and another and the mood for something more stimulating vanishes behind everything that is broken.  My news for you in general is nothing will change, what you see is what you get and worse, what we don't know is already playing out and not yet sugar-coated sufficiently to enact at full throttle, but give it time.  The days are like an old calendar from early cartoons, flying off the pages, one after another, faster and faster, D day for change has come and gone so many times and still nothing changes for the better.  The wars are never ending.  The monetary crises, world wide, continue, falter and stand again for repeats until everyone forgot how it got this way in the first place.  If you read the items on my blog list over there on the right, daily, you're seeing things much the same way I am.

Among the things that are backwards and upside down, we do not know when we have it good and we also do not know when we have it bad or recognize in all its totality every step down into the cellar of life where choice and simple contentment don't exist.  How many foreclosees do you think are saying to themselves on this very day "Gee, we never should have left that little apartment with the low rent."  Too many human beings are simply unable to read the tea leaves, pay attention, interpret the omens, trust what they see with their own eyes.  Certainly, that would free up evil to do exactly as it pleases without interference as is happening in full color 3-D wherever you look or don't look because who really wants to believe the situation will never get any better before our time is up?  That's where religion comes in, candidates and celebrities, the political and the powerful - as a diversion, a grasping at hope, the heroin of placebos and as John Micheal Greer points out "lullabies" sung to us while evil plots to rule the Universe.  He was speaking of green self-help books, but of course, those are only profit-venued substitutes applying themselves to the popularity of mass paranoia.  When the situation began to crack, most of you reading here today were already aware of it and what did you do?  Vote?  Made a drive-thru deposit into your bank account?  Filled your sheath of prescriptions? Waited in the Wal*Mart cashier lines? Even as the black boxes did what they wanted, still you secretly hoped, following the dictates of your representative-self?  Even though you'd read the tea leaves seemingly accurately, even though you'd been online well over a decade or more ... searching, reading, commenting, obviously little if anything you thought you'd learned stuck.  Maybe you said to yourself "Something is missing, there must be something else?"

We have a few FYI items that I have not seen on the news Lullabies & Possibilities pages.  And, by the way, going to the news sites is more than surreal, it isn't news, its suggestion -  "likelihoods" or "possibilities" that will never happen such as the administration considering the public's outrage over body scanners (How is it there are no scanners at the DC or Miami airports?) or Tom Delay spending a century behind prison bars or else its just more mergers and takeovers acquisitions of the small swallowed alive by the big.  Possibility, the iffy preposterous proposition, is what we read and call news.  Not even your everyday little people thug crimes are genuinely newsworthy because the officials in charge refuse to divulge what they know fearing damage to their case.  Where in the news is there any mention the deadly Cholera epidemic in Haiti is rumored among the Haitian people to have been brought to their disaster-aftermath suffering by peacekeepers when the bacteria never existed previously in Haiti?  The rumor grew legs through official investigation of damaged waste pipes delivered into Haiti's water supply and a sometimes contractor who made cleanups once, when tents were erected and once again, after the rumor broke.  And another, especially weird item rarely brought before newsreaders' eyes, equally unfathomable and disturbing in its implications, political and otherwise, Afghanistan is one of a tiny handful of countries with the highest fertility rates on the planet, matched by Niger.  Watch out Niger.  We are to surmise, none of the above matters now.  If it was not on the news, it isn't real. 

Since we started looking, its always been obvious we have too many people on this planet.  It reminds me of what can occur when you are caught in a stampeding crowd, anything can happen.  Sure, you are fortunate to escape with your life intact, but later on you begin to perceive that everything changed and it isn't going back to anything you ever knew.  We are now literally strangers in a strange land.  This is not helped by certain bloggers who put up scare links that lead you to stories that mention only a vague possibility referring to the original scare headline you followed.  It is worsened faster than the situation worsens by itself to have some think one thing, others think another until there is no cohesion to what we know or don't know.  Doing that is abetting evil.  For what?  To increase readership who will buy into their blog ads?  Well, hey, then say so up front so we stop wasting our time.  There is not much left that has not been tainted.  Maybe a few uninhabitable spots somewhere on the globe where no profit is available, but will be when a technology comes along that mines money from frozen dirt.  Although, there is now a start up attempting to bottle glacier melt.  Note I say "attempting", as in "possibility".  Yet, what is really happening is hidden in plain sight.  If we go back in time, how many know where Karzai came from?  How can these world leaders allow themselves to be jerked around while their countries are bulldozed by drones and Abrams tanks and 99% of their already indigent population has no idea why?  Meanwhile in the superpower, everyone you speak to hasn't any better grasp on the situation, either.  You have to wonder how the meetings between these leaders unfold.   Do they speak to each other daily?  Hang out together during the off times? Who is working for whom?  This is ludicrous, isn't it.  A fake leader shows up three times at peace talks and vanishes with his personal appearance cash.  Little people like us (and the victims) cannot understand what passes for leadership now.  Its too ugly, too cheap, too far-fetched and always morphing into lame paperbacks with cumbersome finales.  All of it a monumental waste of humanity, an erasure of all that came before such world leaders egotistically make their mark only to see that mark liquidated under the next generation of world leaders.

Honestly, how can we count our blessings on Thanksgiving as the annihilation of humanity/animalia/natural resources/environmental catastrophe escalates on the bloodiest, most unimaginably brutal scale ever while financial wars take down what remains standing through globewide economic shock?  What blessings?  Piece by piece, brick by brick our lives are being intentionally dismantled as has happened throughout history it is happening now in the centrifugal force carny ride of overpopulation and growing ever larger by the minute.  This much is easily recognizable in spite of lullabies. 

We are, for the most part, good people, well-intentioned and ineffectual against the tides.  Our flaw is our goodness. History was his/her story, not ours, but examine the parallels to your own existence and that of how our planet is disintegrating and it begins to form something solid verging on truth.  You can spend the remainder of your journey seeking an answer, but the truth will hide until you are ready to understand.  There is something bigger that we can't see now. We are too easily distracted and the distractions are incessantly increasing by design.  We get in the way of that which we seek.  If the reality of what is happening suddenly came upon us, we would be unable to hold the thought, perhaps we are not supposed to know because such understanding is too cruel, too cold and holds no lasting appeal.

Everyone likes to have something to look forward to, but what happens when there is nothing but exponential evil to come and you know it?  What then?  You simply continue exactly as you are, priced out of existence, elbowing for breath, lost in a sea of threats and dire possibilities, but at least you are alive, or are you?  At some point, you will consider that issue, the severity and rapidity of the worsening crises demands you examine everything.  At this point in the revealing, what else will present itself?

I don't expect everyone to read all the links, but if you do not visit them, you do your intellect disservice.

58 comments:

doubtingneil said...

Beautiful post sister, truth always has a certain ring. the heading picture looks strangely like a place close to my house,it wouldn't come from a creek close to baker dam would it?

Burnie said...

The attractor we are heading for inexorably ...left all these blogs because of what I know and see. The weight unbearable. See it just as you, just as deep. I wrote a poor poem about some of it a few days ago. My despair is visceral, but I have to go on living, suicide, something considered, is not an option. This world as I see it is alive, breathing and intelligent. Either we or the force of that intelligence in the universe will destroy us. I have a lot more to say but would like, hope to read what others say. You wrote my thoughts only better. Jesus Nina it is awful, my words do not come within a million light years of expressing my losses. Start some positive dialogue in this world and go nowhere. What ever good light we seek must inside us all. A blossom powerful but seemingly unknowable. I have had glimpses. The great wheel turns in cycles and we are all riding it for better and mostly worse There is still food on the table here how long before we are Haiti, or a favella, or dead from a bullet. And all I can think about is my children and how I cannot protect them.
Thanks Nina
You really got to me.

nina said...

I don't think its the same place DN, although there are three places locally I know of that look exactly like this. Its in the way the galvanized rusts and the boards collapse, making intense shadows. None of these places is near a dam. I would love to see the place you are talking about. These ancient barns need a creek to complete them.

Another chippy I see. Welcome to the Chippy Club, you are in good company.

Burnie said...

THEY CAME TO SPEND
Key Black Friday Tips.. 7 Social Media Tools To Help You Save.. Biggest Deal

North Korea Warns: 'Brink Of War'

Health
8 Remedies For Too Much Food And Drink


Citigroup To Open 'Apple-Like' Stores To Target The Wealthy

What's important in the Huffington Post

I am going to drive the white bus in the bathroom and break my hand on the wall.

Or they are coming to take me away.

Which way is the flow so I can go that way.

Susannah said...

i join this sacred circle
words don't come
and yet the urge to embrace this tribe
and seek embrace are strongly present.
to all those that rest in nina's waters - namaste.

nina said...

Thank you Burnie. Points understood very well. I see it in your poetry and your wonderful, reverent artworks. Yes, what about the children... I cannot fathom how they are going deal with it, but if its any comfort, my own mother once said something to me very similar to what you are saying. It feels new to us, but its been a long time in the making. The next generation has been forced to be stronger than ours, and they ARE very, very powerful.

nina said...

Desmond Su Su-nami, you are excused from speaking. Everyone already adores you as is perfect and right. I lost Cullen this past weekend and will never get over him. An 8 year old, can you imagine, it was a wonderful trip all the way, but there is this huge hole in my entire routine which is the same hole George left you looking into. I see you going on, and that is all we can do. There are no options but to go on.

nina said...

Burnie, no one can come to take you away, where would they take you, who's gonna pay for that? Taking you away isn't free you know. The "men in white coats" is a subliminal thought error, an unconsciously perceived rescue/solution that does not exist.
Your own list of headlines tells you no one else is any better balanced than we are. In fact, we may well be balanced perfectly by seeing the bigger picture.

Anonymous said...

all those losses
really gains
all those moments
joys and pain
sifting through
back and forth
pendulum swings
south to north
the gathering vital
cycle circle
universal
ever eternal
living light
inspire minds
expressing ways
through all we find.

..peace..

Burnie said...

Nina
You are truly a treasure.
Thank You

Hi Su, I sent you an email, my desire was to send you a picture, a physical one. I have nor figured out how to transfer what I do onto canvas. It all takes time. The picture you liked. If I do succeed a few of you, if you desire will get a picture from me..gifted, how it should be.

You all are the only people I know who think deeply of all that is and manage to create some beauty.

And yes our children will be more powerful..laughing I say the older I get

nina said...

Kneeling before ..neil's.. word magic.
>respects<

bholanath said...

Nina dear-
So grateful to know you and this tribe.
My empathy and brotherly love - always with you.
Yeah, kinda speechless...
Right here, nevertheless, nowhere else to go.
>onelove/respects<

Anonymous said...

well I also kneel before your word magic aswell nina,thankyou

..neil..

Pangolin said...

First rule of juggling: all the balls will drop. Second rule: there's time to goof while they're in the air.

We're going to keep doing this because it's important. Because truth is important and honesty is important and compassion is important.

Because the thin net that we form may be a lifeline for some poor soul washed down in the information sewer that constitutes the dominant consensus.

Because I am only an egg.

WV says: menedo, the tripe soup of our technological lives.

Anonymous said...

nicely said pangolin. ..neil..

nina said...

Hi Pangolin, you must have read Survival Acres today. It was one of his best, the juggling metaphor is ubiquitous between us all. I completely agree with you about the importance of keeping those balls in the air at all times, truth, honesty and compassion. We will get by no other way and the best part of that is it gives us valuable purpose as well as calms and reassures others. Just as there is no time to stop between efforts, there is no time the three key positions are not required. I'm not being rigid, its just something that is 100% obvious. One kind greeting, gently offered favors, gifts of food and gifts of just listening, all that kind of stuff makes the difference between a person going on in confidence or failing in a heap of self-pity, depression, self-blame and worse.

nina said...

bho, its kinda selfish for me to say this but its good you will be staying, you are one very special and unique person I want to know forever.
>one heart<

nina said...

continued ... Why? Because you embody my jazz musicians, my Rastas and my Choctaws all in one person that is his own person. A rare find!
>All praises and thanks to Visible<

Terrance said...

Hello Ms. Deep ...enjoying your insights into our unstable world...seems the changes our coming faster and consciously slowing things down and being in the moment is getting harder to do....one love

Anonymous said...

In the same here and now, there. On our supreme luxury liner 'Yamaye' flowing gently into the Atlantic millenia slow, peopled for a few centuries. Home of Rasta and bauxite for the aluminum alloys that allow faster and boommier. Meeting place of all cultures and races, without Times Square. Nature is rounded and spiral, we make it straight.

Big daughter and son-in-lawless coming to enjoy dad's thing and rest in the warmth. Young son started Millwright course. Mid daughter nursing, dad groping for patterns and pricing barbed wire for anti goat.

So glad to have arrived here.

Love, turey.

'subar' dupar.

Charles Hugh Smith said...

Nina, "well-intentioned" is so apt, as it describes the IMF, the EU, the Savior State (groping you for your own safety, etc.) and the consumerist monoculture (if you stop buying, the nation dies!)

I am pondering a new phrase which is also the title of a book by my old philosophy professor: the Culture of Extinction. I that pegs it pretty well.

freeacre said...

Tipping points have come and gone,
The call to arms unheeded
Rapturous return is scorned -
No Messiah needed.

A dismal cloud fills the sky.
How putrid can things be
When all the world is sick and numb
And only the dead are free?

...this has been a rough week for us peasants. And, next week when 140 million unemployment benefits run out, it will get exponentially worse. I just can't even imagine what that's going to be like. Despite all this, the compliant lemmings jumped on airplanes, were groped or irradiated, but hot enough harm was done to put a damper on the Black Friday sales rush. Gaaaaah!

nina said...

Ah, the nonchalance of holidays where attentions are glued to bargains. But, we're wise to the holiday tricks, not that it matters. I see another ME immigrant, "homegrown" terrier, got sucked into the vortex today. I think it was Portland this time.

Surely huge black markets for stuff, whatever people require to survive, will spring up and fill the gaping holes? Surely they will be ripe for torching. The churches that support thrift stores will not be able to pay the rent and the poor won't let go their meager goods to fill them, soup kitchens already warned the nation they run out too quickly to feed the masses. Tent cities are being treated as they were in the Great Depression, raided and burned. RVs dwellers are illegal in the driveways of friends and families. There will people roaming around looking for shelter and handouts. To them, war isn't on their minds, getting through the day alive is. But THIS IS war, undeclared as they all are. Let's not be picky, the little people are the collateral damage.

Charles is right, this is the Culture of Extinction.

FA, your poem, is that your composition?

nina said...

Terrence, thank you and welcome. You are right as rain about that. It is getting harder so we must get busy juggling truth, compassion and honesty. No diversions allowed! Every diversion makes it harder to get back to our only refuge. And a beautiful refuge it is.

freeacre said...

I am no poet, but, yeah, I wrote it. Sometimes I get so sick at heart that what I write comes out as some sort of verse...

Looks like the gestapo found another patsy.

su said...

nina,

i see both of the tribe were born and died in the 11th month.
so the tribe gathers in a different space now - perhaps to welcome us to another dimension.

yes, and that hole their absence reveals has untold depth and stillness.
thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

freeacre,for not being a poet that is really good stuff,to be honest I think we are all poets artists,lovers thinkers
we are all just positive creative potential,learning to perfect our creative atunement,like brush strokes on the fabric of life...

have lovely days people ..neil..

bholanath said...

Capt. Paul Watson of Sea Shepherds some time ago talked about the "economics of extinction". Hey, extinction is good for business!
(Was in relation to blue-fin tuna, but applies across the board.)

bholanath said...

This just in from BBC:
"Fishing nations criticised over deal on bluefin tuna"

"Despite sound science to show how threatened these species are... Atlantic bluefin tuna once again were denied the protection they desperately need," she said.
"ICCAT member governments had more than enough information to act decisively. They failed to do so."

nina said...

Ras turey, oh yes, everyone wants to visit you, few can, but those that do are so very fortunate. It just amazes me what this past year has been for you and you are busy, always moving fo-wad, doing your thing without a SINGLE complaint. Every blessing that comes your way is deserved.

Also, I compliment you on your parenting and patience with what is.

We are in the snowtime now and a look at the satellite says all of Canada is covered too as is the Pacific NW down into southern NV. I wish I had wings.

nina said...

Pangolin, did I misunderstand? Do we really have time to goof-off while the balls are in the air? I fear goofing-off now, that's when things happen.

However, humans need some goofing-off, its not all pressure and "must/should". Being online can be seen as goofing-off, but we walk away with new ideas as happens in any time of true goofing-off.

nina said...

bho, are you reading Desdemona Despair? Everything happening to our fellow beings, as it reaches our eyes, is a painful kick in the gut. I get a sickening feeling and dark, dark sadness for our bredren souls. I get this same feeling every time it is revealed who is behind these attacks, yes, attacks. What's the difference between trawling the seas, top off mining, fracking sands and sending in drones, dozers and tanks?

nina said...

Thank you Susanah. I found that 11th month commonality very intriguing also. If I had written it down earlier the way it appears now maybe I could have seen it coming? Probably not, we are so well-outfitted with lullabies why something isn't what it is. But it IS.

"[...] 11 is a Master Number, as are all double digit numbers, such as 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88, and 99. "Master Number" is an appropriate term because the high side of each Master Number represents rare and exceptional energy originating from outside mundane reality[...]"

Indeed, another dimension! Sincere gratitude.

Today I am happy Cullen is free and does not have to experience any discomfort or suffering, filling in the hole is going to take a long time and vigilance not to lapse into looking into replacements of which none can be what the guys were. But if some ones were to fall into my lap, well, that's a different story, isn't it.

Love, anin

Anonymous said...

these numbers why are they master numbers,why cant a humble 17 or a lowly 21 be a master aswell,myself I am happy with a 25 or a number 8 well any will do I suppose,I have never heard the story of why the numbers mean this or that.

..neil..

Anonymous said...

oh and you was the thirty third commentor
nina so that would make you a master

..neil..

nina said...

Cholera Spreads into Port au Prince
[...] The government says the intestinal disease has killed 1,415 people and sent 25,000 others to hospital.

In the capital, 74 people have died of cholera and more than 2,000 others have been sent to hospital. To combat the outbreak, 36 treatment centres have been set up including about a dozen in Port-au-Prince.

One dangerous breeding ground is the Jean-Marie Vincent camp, crammed with 50,000 people who are still homeless nearly a year after a devastating earthquake. [...]

nina said...

..neil..: "Divine revelation is intimately tied to the number 11.
The two columns of the side-by-side number ones comprising the 11 symbolize a channel from higher
dimensions."
Numerology & The Number 11 - What it Means & Why it's so Challenging

The way to really learn Numerology is to read books about it and actually practice it the way someone would practice the I-Ching, that is, doing it on paper, using the formula and seeing what comes up. I rarely do it anymore because its just another part of the total package by now. Definitely not mainstream stuff neil, but worth having in your total armory for perceptive living.

Anonymous said...

ohh that,unexplainable coincidences
but with numbers,only ever really glimpsed,the person instructing I felt was a bit greedy so I didnt feel good about it,thanks for that nina that page was a good read ..neil..

nina said...

That's why I teach myself ..neil.., then it comes to me just as it is. Real hardcover books will always be important and valuable. If we lose our libraries, I'll make my own. Also, trading in books is really a great survival tactic.

chickory said...

nina, the importance of actual books cannot be overstated. weve already seen the kindle censorship. and who will write history in the digital age?

i did reflect on blessings this past weekend. i have a fine crop of broccoli and onions. my husband, dogs and chicks are well - the chicks molted and now are resplendent in their fresh feathers. i made gifts for the ones i love. i read with appreciation your post and everyones comments. the horror is great, i know this, but i still have to live.

so sorry about cullen.

striking composition on the header image...the way the color moves across horizontally and the familiar but weird components.

nina said...

That's where I buried him and Malcome and Mofusa. Its the Mofusa Memorial Park designed to keep curious wildlife away, although I keep water stations and bird seed near by so they will always have visitors.

I am making the garlands. You presented them beautifully. You have already given so many presents to all of us: Being here and being real - and solving the holiday dilemma... Very grateful, very.

nina said...

Chickory, the children in Haiti, all from circumstances beyond our imagination, they have nothing, but I used to see them gather at night under the lone streetlight reading books.

Anonymous said...

thunder rising
light in flow
sacred rain
earth string bow
buffalo charge's
eagle swift
wolf and feather
peace uplift
drift on wonder
float on air
grace the wind
sheperds care
the living ware
lifting light
fill the east
climb in life

..peace..

Anonymous said...

The Taoist connects to life with oneness and harmony, rejecting nothing and no one. There is really no good or bad. Just harmonious and disharmonious. The Taoist approach is considerably different then that of modern society. The way we live and the way our country is run is to declare certain things, animal, and/or people as evil or bad and we seek to destroy them. That is why we have endless war, racial and religious hatred and now nature/environmental destruction.

Action must be taken to reject no one or nothing as evil, but to try and correct and harmonize between the Taoist and all that exists. I know you are thinking that this is like pissing in the wind. But it is right action and the person benefits from all that is unique in all things and people. And all things and people benefit from your nature too.

To try and do something is better than sitting on ones ass. You can talk all you want on how bad this or that is or how we are going to hell in a hand basket but action speaks louder then words.

Approach the universe with Tao
And evil will have no power.
Not that evil is not powerful,
But its power will not be used to harm others.
Not only will it do no harm to others,
But the sage himself will also be protected.
They do not hurt each other,
And the Virtue in each refreshes both.

Scrap

Anonymous said...

revolving volt
a rainbow bolt
crossing sky
on revolution spoke
liberation weave
breeze in rush
nature float
harmony touch
rushing free
in conscious root
rolling river
of living truth
the life in lifter
walking sky
lifting grace
crafting light
through the night
till dawn breaks
shakes the sleep
of the human race
the wasted stream
of vital flow
blow to life
so truth grow

..peace..

Pangolin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I have posted this before. I say this every night as I fall asleep
Unchain yourself from ambition
and enjoy the ordinary life.
Flow like the Tao, unhindered, unnoticed, unnamed without goals or expectations.
Be like a child, like a fool.
Know there is nothing to know.
This is the direct way to freedom.
Zhuang Zhou

Pangolin is correct in this is an essential ingredient for today's world just as it was back in 370BCE

Scrap

Pangolin said...

Nina_ I believe I am using a different meaning of "goof" than you are used to. Goofing in this sense is all the wry comments, jumps, pranks, body moves, spins and other assorted folderol that a juggler inserts into his act while juggling. It's the extension of the impossible into the absurd. The space that shouldn't be there.

It's what this is. We are juggling, each our own lives and here we are goofing too. When somebody's balls drop we don't deride them or correct them but rather applaud. Look how long you kept that ridiculous act going for us; do it again!!

What Scrappy says about following the Tao is good and I'd like to add that an essential ingredient may be the willingness to be silly, look stupid and fail publicly. If you can't pratfall you may not be a Taoist.

(deleted and reposted due to copy/paste error)

Anonymous said...

well I'm with the taoists..neil..

nina said...

I'm pratfalling with the pratfallers. A nice title for that someday autobiography.

Meanwhile, SCRAPPY! I really like your prayer. I must say your timing couldn't be better, I am so glad you are here and think like you do. You are a gift out of nowhere, one day you just landed here like our poet, our Rasta, our videographer, our chippies, our published author, etc., heh. I am impressed, but more than that very touched by your compassion. Thank you.

Burnie said...

This is a war zone
Speak to the general
He doesn't know shit either


Drive by humor for your similar words

Susannah said...

there is nothing to know

nothing is.
there is only experiencing.

doubtingneil said...

Sister Nina,
I don't own a camera, and if I did the winter has set on the location.I feel like that small squirrel that ventures forth for a piece of food but scurries away quickly after he has received the offering, I kind of noticed that your site attracts people who like the smell of wood.
Love
Dneil
wv= doofer, are you kidding me, grin.

Lukiftian said...

'Where in the news is there any mention the deadly Cholera epidemic in Haiti is rumored among the Haitian people to have been brought to their disaster-aftermath suffering by peacekeepers when the bacteria never existed previously in Haiti?'

Well, ummm... on the CBC for one. It's been a developing story for at least 2 weeks now.

Otherwise, you`ve picked up some of Visible`s elliptical style, adding to the intricacies of your own. Yes, that`s a compliment.

Susannah said...

something made me take my head out of its hole today.
and lifting it i saw britain covered in snow, shortages of food imminent, millions of commuters stranded.
and yet despite the absolute enormity of this the murdoch tongue flashes posh and angelie and the boots and the bags.....
and somehow one is left forgetting the enormity of the uk being colder than the antartic.
the end of the world as we know it.
throw into that tsa and the abuse of the people, the manic consumerism, the koreas, the greed, gaza, the list is endless.
i don't think we have ever been in such a critical situation before.

breathing in and breathing out, i take this time out to wish all of you strength, humour and wiliness.
may we all realise that we are not these limited, helpless human beings but consciousness itself.
let us all rise to the occasion in our magnificence of being...

Anonymous said...

Beautifully stated Su

Scrap

nina said...

Lukiftian, please link to the Cholera reports you are referring to.

Thanks

nina said...

Burnhardt, Apocalypse Now, 2nd half, at the bridge, Sheen asks Jimi Hendrix lookalike in fatigues, "Where's the CO, who's in charge here?"
Response, fiddle with AK47, sneer.

That was supposed to be a movie, but alas, life imitates art, art imitates life.