-------------------------------------------------
Winter is hard upon us now. Snow predicted but hasn't shown up ... yet. I know when the fog clears later this week, the mountain tops will be white, ah, make that light brown as Big Agra knows no season. The animals housed out of doors have been thickening their coats, except for Bernie who is now the proud owner of a black turtleneck sweater for serious winter weather. He reminds me of a flying ace with his flap ears and back rings around his eyes. I promise I will not get him boots. Gawd. Basset paws ARE all-weather boots. Now, Jake, the Aussie-Shepard, already grew his organic outerwear an Eskimo would envy. He's not a sweater guy.All the talk about hyperinflation going around must be scaring the heebeejeebies out of more than a few Internet enthusiasts. I don't really think about it, maybe I should, but it seems as if I've been living in a hyperinflated economy for a while now and we regularly scrape bottom. When someone starts up the hand wringing over "What shall we do? Eeeek!", I can't feel all that sympathetic or even empathetic, not when the Iraqis probably wish that's all they had to face from us, a devastated economy is rather different than warships appearing out of nowhere during your wedding party. I don't want to understate what will happen to our population however. As in Palestine, our obese classes are being put on a diet, by mandate. The figure I quoted a few posts ago about 3 in 4 Americans will be obese by 2020 can now be rewritten (it always was rewritten, we just weren't in on it) to no one will be obese by 2020, period, since the effects of a failed system according the various charts show the top tiers being affected somewhat as well. By now we should have learned to enjoy rice with veggies and carnivores satisfied with rice, veggies and minuscule meat morsels. Last time I dined in Haiti, where every menu is the same because you get what they have, despite the menus, we ate fried rice. "I'll have the snapper creole." And out came fried rice. One thing I have not seen are the charts from our statistic-crazed statisticians concerning exactly how financial world war is expected to appear in third world nations. I think they don't want to talk about it because that would put some truth to the recovery story. Following the Mumbai hotel crisis, I came to find Mumbai was formerly known as Bombay. And you will recall what Bombay meant before outsourcing ... I'm sure that part is still there, its more that we never hear about because we're well on our way to becoming the new Bombay, while sliding farther and farther away from Mumbai, the new Wall Street, the new arms purchaser to the tune of sixth largest weapons buy from us, as usual. You will recall when Pakistan held sway in that arena, of all the countries, fer cryin' out loud, Bush via Colin Powell rewarded Musharraf's homeland with Honorary Major Non-NATO Ally status. Reading further, you come to the part where it reads "for the purpose of weapons purchasing". They never veer off the course, do they.
... Major non-NATO allies are eligible for priority delivery of defense material and the purchase, for instance, of depleted uranium anti-tank rounds.So that's what it takes to be an ally. As if you didn't know. It takes a lot of skin, a lot of moxy and a lot of dining and dancing. Too bad our Peace Laureate couldn't take Condoleezza along to play (poorly) some piano during the dancing girls part, but you know, he's got his lawful dancing girl already and three is not a good mixer at these occasions, occasions which could be done on the cheap with their Blackberries since all that is happening is another deal going down. It is a big deal. It will some day not long from now change the borders of the entire ME. I ask you now, how is this going to improve the crisis in our own homeland? Will this deal provide lower costs for nutritious food, medical care and shelter from the elements for our peeps? Are we, the little people, going on a diet so that India can fly wing on wing formations with the Nevada gamers over Afpak? And the people of India, what return on this deal do they get? Clue: its not a bargain with Monsanto backing off. More like another helping of fried rice, if there is any rice available in India anymore. I would rather have seen our Peace Laureate pack a C130 with antibiotics and sandbags, tents, blankets and Sterno along with Doctors Without Borders and land in Pakistan's Cholera country handing out survival supplies mending the misery and loss. Since that requires humility and love, we will never see that come to be. We will see a lot of suffering here, too.
They can stockpile US military hardware, participate in defense research and development programs and benefit from a US government loan guarantee program, which backs up loans issued by private banks to finance arms exports. ...
Concealment on any scale creates suffering. Give me a scale and I will give you suffering, even when it appears no suffering is taking place. There are also those who suffer that have no idea they are suffering with all manner of excuse why they are safe and satisfied going along to get along. I think you have to be alone, away from it all, for awhile in America to learn suffering. In a group, its too easy to get shot down and shown ridiculous time wasting dogma supporting a belief in mass happiness, in which case you will be shown hate, prejudice, religious nonsense, your Constitutional rights and so forth. Do ask them "What rights?" Yet, it is these people exactly who fight internal wars with their friends, coworkers, partners, families and pastors, floating the lie, worshipping at the alter of myths that never were. Mrs. So and So down the block passed away in her own bed last winter from hypothermia. And Mr. So and So passed away from starvation shorty thereafter whereupon their little house was immediately and legally hoovered by the bank to be resold under the abusive program known as Reverse Mortgage. This winter, we will see a radical leap in the death statistics of all those Mr. and Mrs. So and Sos, everything from alcohol poisoning to fire to suicide. Will the corporatocracy realize they are endangering a dedicated purchasing block? No. They are beyond control. Once the decree has come through the ranks, it is simply too time consuming to spend money on any revisions, and time costs money. Time.
What is time?
I had the unusual experience driving through the heart of Big Agra this past Saturday evening as the earth rotated away from the sun and was a little surprised, only a little, to see the illegals and harvesting apparatus out in full. How silly of me to think they observe night or Sundays or weekends or holidays at all. Do they take off Cinco de Mayo? I'll let you know next spring. Of course, you know already the trains, those double decker livestock moving louvered cars and refrigerated boxcars, high in the air on tires, chained to a movable platform linking to seventy five or more of the same tottering structures moving along at 35 mph, were running back and forth, one after another, heading in to pick up, heading out to deliver. All this has to be an inevitable, but necessary part of feeding the masses and sponsored by the little people. They soon will find, if all the terror talk about hyperinflation has any merit, which of course it does as all that wilting greenery in clamshells has now split into half size clamshells for the same price as the full size, they-can't-afford-any-of-it. What's worse, they will find the means to afford slushies and chili cheeseburgers on gluey sesame seed buns. I guess it doesn't matter, its all roundup ready for the tables of the ignorant and the latch-on window trays of the obedient.
The real heart breaker here is that nothing is going to stop the Onward Christian Soldiers Crusade of Madness. Nothing. One can almost forget about it out here in the middle of nowhere, except there is always something to remind you, something like the holiday season and to whom and what you wanted to gift with presents. I am beginning to think this whole Christmas present sideshow was created by retailers to draw us into spending which drew us into overspending which was temporarily resolved by credit and then karma came along and their seasons are statistically lackluster while the mall landlords are foreclosed. If you see a person selling matches in the snow with a pup in a turtleneck sweater outside Wal*Mart this year, it will be me. Although, I might try a complaint booth of the lemonade stand variety in order to honor your comments.
If we become ill, hurt, maimed, we are on our own. If we lose our way, go crazy, break down or are attacked, again, we are on our own. Did you even think 911 would translate into complete disconnection from life as you'd always known it? You will recall that those buses that finally grabbed Katrina survivors out of the stadium at gunpoint left for parts unknown where they were still unwanted guests in their own country. They were an unwelcome burden. You are free to tell me I am looking at the glass half empty but there will be no golden twilight years ever again. All that is left now are ads for elite pleasures still running on old contracts.
Is there an up side to any of this? Only the upside down and backwards recently mentioned by Visible. I'm sorry to say that if we are ever going to get a breather, one: it won't be here and two: the slate will have to be wiped clean as we are already seeing happening to the life of species extincted by the day.
Let me get this straight, why isn't India happy with having our jobs and western lifestyle, isn't that enough? Maybe it wasn't, maybe we ran through everything already and need more? You'll hear that question which is a partial truth, its more like dealer sees a market, dealer moves in.
UPDATE: Beyond the ending statement in the above essay concerning dealer sees a market, dealer moves in, we have the head twist which is First, dealer creates the market. That's right, the whole game is based on identification and development of vulnerability, creating a space in which that vulnerability becomes insatiably addicted while appearing strong, but the hidden weakness has been chronicled and remains. Then the dealer moves in, everybody plays nice until someone/something crosses the line and all hell breaks loose with the goods we supplied. Its an old, tired story. Of course there is a better way, but we will never see it as long as the old story still works for the easy money crowd.
37 comments:
Your sentence "All that is left now are ads for elite pleasures still running on old contracts." might be one of your best.
You know why "this sucker's going down", and all of us that do are pretty much ready to stop talking and just get on with coping.
I would also nominate "Concealment on any scale creates suffering" as one of your best (and agree that the quote selected by Athanasor is also a top 10 pick). My God is that true!
Nina, we are once again tuning into the same wavelength. I wrote todays blog entry "The Banality of (financial) evil" and you wrote "Concealment on any scale creates suffering"--which is saying the same thing only more elegantly. Concealment is now the entire Name of the Game, lest the truth take down the entire Empire of Corruption.
I think I must have driven on that road in your photo--absolutely charming Calif. countryside.
Mornin', Sista -
First flakes fallin today, tonight will be down to 11F...'holiday' season creeping tension palpable in town...consumption-outlets packed with the roundup-ready, nutrition-deprived, soon-to-be-extinct...will set up my sliding-scale-advice booth on the plaza soon...
O India! Always a mafiocracy since 'independence'. Minivans much more efficient than rickshaws for clearing one's path of beggars, helicopters more efficient than Royal Enfields for exterminating the embarrassing tribals/'backwards' castes.
Have no desire to be there when that "sucker goes down", but grieve for the unparalleled beauty that survived into the last century.
Thank you for another beautiful offering.
Will check you later,
>onelove<
Thanks for the lift. If only our leader went to India for peace and not for more of a piece. A quote or to take on the 14 Precepts of Tiep Hein Buddism.
5.Do not accumulate wealth while millions are hungry. Do not take as the aim of your life fame, profit, wealth or sensual pleasure. Live simply and share time, energy and material resources with those who are in need. In the context of our modern society, simple living also means to remain as free as possible from the destructive social and economic machine, and to avoid stress, depression, high blood pressure and other modern diseases.
I liked all your sentences and also apologize for the use of the F word in my last post.
Scrap
Unfortunately the arms trade makes up a huge part of business here and where you are, another killing and death business. Wasn't it the Report from Iron Mountain? Although supposedly a satire there does seem to be a good deal of truth to it. Our leaders are the facewhores of the arms trades and the banks. How many TVs are made in America these days?
The scale of the arms deals always seem slightly unreal; do the Saudis really need 60 billion dollars worth of arms? and then there is John Perkins and his Confessions of an Economic Hitman, if they didn't sign the construction deals the wolves were sent in. Not always a lot of choice or any good ones.
What happened to all the money and aid that went to Haiti? How come they're still living in shantytown and getting cholera? Hows their reconstruction going? All rhetorical questions really.
Again, nice one Nina and like Neil I am very much enjoying your grazing hills.
Yes, Athanasor, we are more than ready to move on, but in this (created) time, we are forced to see the inside while it happens, no one gets out of here alive sort of thing. We are watching a waterfall of corruption which is, excuse the metaphor, like watching someone vomit.
This is the meme that kicks in as Su mentioned in our last post here. Inescapable.
You came back, again, cool.
Charles, John and ..neil.. (who didn't post yet, but I have faith) that photo wasn't mine, it was taken with my camera by the male human here who specializes in photos I want to paint.
It is weird to see so much beauty in our territories and know at the same time it is also home to dealers in death. How does one balance the dream with the nightmare? Are they blind?
Hi bho! Embarrassment is such an impediment to growth. Let's see, in order to get rid of the embarrassments, you can apply Corexit on water and roach spray on land. Sounds simple. So here we are, living in a physically beautiful world spraying away the embarrassing nasties.
You can set up your advice booth next to my complaint stand but we'll be sprayed as embarrassments. There are no complaints or honest advice allowed in Utopia.
Scrappy, you don't have to apologize, it went right over my head because I'm hearing a lot of it lately.
When I see your wonderful quotes, I have to wonder about the education of the death dealers, don't they read? Have these thing been witheld from them? Has it never occurred to them there is something seriously wrong with this pattern?
Charles, you are on fire today!
dismembered freedom
with scandal and chaos
progress in backwards
wrongfooted ways of
cultural degenerated
disconnected factions
of divided competeing
in ever smaller fractions
of enough for the rich man
can never be satisfied
complications desecrate
the harmony inside
isolated disfunctional
savaging earth
cheap is life
in the death cults worth
..peace..
Nina, it's the same old story for those people. They let the old ego and desire run their lives. It make no sense to them because they think it is all about them. They fail to realize that we are all connected no matter what. They have been brainwashed and don't even suspect.
They should all read(ex arms dealer)Jim Merkel's book Radical Simplicity, however they are most certainly blinded by the lights of wealth and desire. So screw the other guy. Dog eat dog is there mantra. Living simply with joy compassion and understanding for their fellow man is for sissies.
Scrap
Weather finally gone. No internet or radio for a few weeks. No connect with the futile games being played out and reported twisted and spun.
Sandy came early, I followed on land as he reaped fish for us in blue waters.
More later, turey.
yep I would say a shaman may of walked up that hill at some point,
I thought I would mention that as bholanaths just put another one out with shamans gnosis beings of light nomads and nasty people who have got the crazys and are killing dolphins for some insain reason,and you know what nina strange numbers again after your post on les's,weird stuff adding to the aroma of the overall weirdness circulating at the mo ..neil..
Rasta, I'm so glad to hear from you. Does this mean its going to be hot and sunny now? You sound good, you sound safe and determined to get on with it.
Praises
..neil.., now that is strange, I don't know what motivation prompted me to list lines and count words. No idea at all. I just found it interesting and unusual, the way it fell together. Off to Bho's now. Thanks.
Nina_Some great turns of phrase as others have noted. There is so much concealed that it defies revelation by it's sheer volume. Who would believe that many lies?
The track dogs called "Manifest Destiny" and "Empire" continue to race around the track despite the fact that the crowds have gone home and the mechanical hare exploded into springs and scraps of paper mache.
Nice to see everyone checking in.
Must you always say things that I wish I said? Heh, you have such a great mind. Thank you Pangolin.
pangolin -
"the track dogs...."
five stars, jackpot, nail-head, cleared-the-table, outta-the-park, and all that kinda stuff. LMFAO!
respects & praises
Well shucks. I swear I dream in that kind of imagery. It gets scary sometimes.
I'm sitting here on the 14th of November in Santa Rosa eating mandarin oranges. It's 80 degrees with a light breeze at latitude 38 N; earthquake weather.
Surrealism isn't supposed to be a place you live in but here we are. How did we get to a place where it takes an act of faith to actually believe what you see instead of the phantasms of CNN/FOX/MSNBC cant?
Working on the pomegranate next.
Pangolin, I'm getting different stories from different news. I don't think anyone can give out accurate information anymore. The blogs color it with their own fear-filled predictions and each arm of the MSM statistically contradicts the other. This is intentional for reasons known only to each sector.
One thing I have not seen is Pakistan's reaction to our arms deal with India.
The weirdness in our locales is only exacerbated by the weirdness from our world leaders
Aha, thanks for the update.
Its not 80 degrees here in southern Oregon but one hummingbird has decided to hang out so far this winter. Yes, I have juncos and a hummingbird in the same tree.
Oh, why not, RW, they've integrated. Are your Juncos staying for the winter? I was supposed to see ours in September, but so far no show.
The update ties it all together. But there is more. There's always more.
For the first five or so years out here, the Juncos took their seed on the ground. Then one day, one of them flew up to the feeder. Then another and another. It was beautiful, suddenly, in less than one day they all learned to use the hanging plastic contraption. This was adaptation in action! They hung on when it swayed into the wind. They bamboozled the Blackbirds by sheer volume. They allowed only the White Cresteds and Chippings to share. Finally, a Finch feeder was put out, but now, thistle is too expensive and the Finches hang out at the regular feeder with everybody else ... except the missing Juncos who are apparently very picky about when they are going to migrate - or not.
IQ Test aka After the Raid
http://snippits-and-slappits.blogspot.com/2010/11/destruction-of-man-through-copper.html
Yep I am back on the copper thing. This one is big!
Thanks Mick. Will check it out. Its been on my mind a lot lately.
Hi Nina,
Exactly.
The fish are getting scarce and the crocs multiplying. Forests still being cut and beaches controlled by big $ and the development that follows. Meantime, gorgeous weather and blue seas and enough wild land to get lost in.
Camp up, fencing areas to keep out goats and keep in dogs. Dutchess presentd me with her newly born daughter during the last weather. A black wolf.
Best too all, turey.
I gotta see a picture of Duchess and the baby. If possible. I don't want my viewing pleasure to take away from the important work you are doing, but if you happen to have the camera around one day ...
IRY
On the gulf apparently it is back to square one. It can't be fixed and the sea floor is irreparably damaged. Fresh oil still coming ashore. No gulf stream and water in the north atlantic is 10 degrees cooler. Welcome to the new ice age.
http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org/TPV3/Voices.php/2010/11/18/america-s-gulf-an-ongoing-catastrophic-d#more14782
Shrimper: They are killing everybody real slow.
http://www.floridaoilspilllaw.com/
Ah, yes, the Holidaze. Gotta get irradiated or strip-searched on the way to Grandma's house. TSA's inspecting prosthetic breasts, feeling up nuns, dislocating ostomy bags dripping pee all over an elderly disabled guy in a wheelchair, removing leg braces from a 4 year old and insisting that he walk through a screener when he can't walk... How about staying home, having dinner with neighbors, and calling up grandma to wish her a Happy Thanksgiving?
Maybe they are committing these atrocities so the sheeple will be grateful when they switch to bracelets that will provide taser shocks to those who get out of line. Or, maybe not. The lamestream reports that 80% of the population is OK with it. Gaaah!
Guess I'll be grateful on Thanksgiving that I'm living in a little town in the middle of nowhere that has not, as yet, gone completely batshit crazy.
my dad is turning 85 and the only way my husband will go is if we fly. so i am making a t-shirt to wear to my pat down as i have no intention of walking through the radiation booth.
T raining
S ubmissive
A mericans
T yranny
S ucks
A merica
Christmas isnt so bad for me anymore. I make all my gifts, never see the inside of a mall or store. I make paper garlands, and they are gorgeous, ornaments, mountain potpourri with all i have saved through the year from my forest walks and from my food garden; and this year i have these funny chicken photographs in baroque oval golden frames (didnt make those i must admit) which makes them look like old timey family portraits.
It took the christmas blues away which are the result of forced mass consumerism. It would be neat if christmas was about giving things away!
you are so right about living out in the country - it does seem to make the hologram (as you have called it) fade away - like something you saw on tv once. When i go back to atl I freak out at how bitter and pinched all the drivers' faces are. and do not get between a range rover and its gingerbread latte.
still, i am disheartened by SB 501 - that would be the farm bill - i think it was written by monsanto - which effectively criminalizes growing real food and selling it at - oh, say the farmers market. which is how i make $ in the summer. i will still grow food and have chickens until the day some errand boy comes to shake me down. as it is, just coming up with the rent - er, my property taxes - is enough.
mostly, i have decided to eeek out all the pleasure and beauty i can of each day. very now focused. its working. i had to be in ATL for a solid week and when i returned to chickory, my feeder had been emptied and i havent had any birds for days. i am heart sick over it. I try and make a lot of noise so they know i am back and have filled it again. I miss my downy woodpecker friend; and the nuthatches especially.
In the garden: broccoli; spinach; onion; cabbage; chard; herbs
xo to all
I couldn't agree more, Chicory. I, too, have liberated Christmas from the marketplace. We send homemade goodies like homemade cookies and fruitcake, rabbit jerky, hand-sewn items and such. This year we may send out old silver dollars for the grandchildren to hold onto and watch them increase in value (hopefully). Anyway, it has made Christmas more joyous.
By the way, I am pretty sure that S510 has been amended so that only the big agribusineses will be affected, thank God. I think a farmer has to make at least a half a million dollars before the new regs kick in. Yea!
inter flowing multicolored
grains of warm and calm
charged up by the fire side
gathered in the palm
of universal harmony
cultivating truth
mighty chasing river
liberating root
in reference of a union
in expressions of the light
traveling the plains
ascending inner life
tapping into the dreams
of those who are far away
flowing of the essences
beam the higher way.
..peace..
nina,hope your ok...neil
In my land now, will take pic when I go to MoBay. Pup is too young to take from Dutchess.
Later, turey.
that looks a little like my room,the new photo......neil
wishing all of you who call this space a spiritual home, a very blessed Thanksgiving in whatever way that makes sense. sending the love from the edge of the cohutta wilderness, where i spied, but failed to photograph, a group of turkey hens this morning.
Post a Comment