D E E P I N T O A R T L I F E WEST
Sunday, June 06, 2010
of saints and beasts in the halfway house
Tempted and tried, we’re oft made to wonder
Why it should be thus all the day long;
While there are others living about us,
Never molested, though in the wrong. ...
author unknown
When you are halfway to somewhere, you are really nowhere at all. You are between somewhere ahead and somewhere past. You can't really accomplish much in that place, you do not know the future, and the past didn't work, so what do you do? You linger in non-action until the passage of time pushes you along, like it or not, and then you are forced to contend with where you land. At least, that is what some people do, here in the land of CAN DO, we'll note they are a majority. Awakening to the late realization they are either nowhere or somewhere they've been dumped against their own unexercised will, they appear to be doing the slow burn. This would be all to the good if they had no fear of consequence and if what needed to be done existed on a small scale, which it does not. Have any of them figured out the idea of choice is nonsense? When you review the current list of necessary repairs required if we are ever going to function decently, we find right away that everything signed, sealed and executed is barely, minimally, addressed in miniscule token and never in our favor. When I say "our" I am speaking of Mother Earth, her body, her species and her glorious (bow your head on bended knee) perfect, all supreme, most elegant system that time after time is shoveled to the back of the line, stumbling, battered, magnificent to the last, here we see honor and the definition of sainthood extraordinaire on its back still giving through its dying breath.
A wise and beloved Rastaman once said "God washed his hands of this place long ago." There are days this may appear to be the case, but now, PRAISES, we have the Apocalypse revealing to us the Divine is right here and the only entity on top of these situations. We learn once again, and again after that, a halfway house is no place to be. Each person living has the true choice of standing up for the whole in spite of the very real threat of consequence. When the job to be done appears beyond your skills, it doesn't matter at all. All that matters is that you are aware and willing to apply yourself when even the vaguest opportunity presents itself. We see these little people in the Gulf taking Pelicans and Spoonbills to the bird cleaning station and the numbers are few, but each worker is a saint. And yet, of what value is sainthood in the growth industry? How often are the saints among us rewarded for their relatively small acts of loving kindness and compassion? They are never rewarded unless they are selected for showcasing at a SOTUS as an example of how benevolently reform stretches above the fruited plain.
Something is missing from the use of the word "reform". It is incomplete as a word without something defining just what is that is being reformed. Health reform, financial reform ... again, its not enough. Reform does not always mean for the better, it does mean" transform" however, which is to change, somewhat, but not completely otherwise it would state so as in Complete Financial Reform Against Corruption. If you pay attention to these kind of sneaky details, you might see that there is no reform of anything. Just a worsening of the condition to the extent we are now seeing (thanks, Apocalypse) the dearth of effective reform is taking us farther along into oblivion in the bullet train. It is this spectacular ineffectuality of our CAN DOs partnering with the courage and heroics of Gumby that reveals to us what to expect in the not too distant future, which is just more of the same as that which came before us in an ever more escalating thrill ride designed to squeeze blood from a rock. Real reform doesn't need up or down votes. That which is filthy and diseased demands a thorough scrubbing and removal of any leftover residue in order to completely reform the health (Livity) of the object undergoing transformation. I don't want to hear about reform delivered by a poseable doll with invented definitions concealing yet another hustle during which sponsor breaks advertise the continuation of exactly what screams for reform in an additional effort to gouge whatever bank accounts of the little people remain intact, if they are intact. You'll note the account gouging is a lot like offshore drilling, resource extraction, its getting louder as there is less and less to gouge. The stakes grow higher with each passing day... the mighty culture of CAN DO has become "WILL DO as long as you don't know what we're doing, besides, you can't do anything about it anyway or you mark yourself but good for some, heh, saintly torture". They mock us. They call us conspiracy theorists and 9-11 enthusiasts in one breath and extract payment with penalties in the next. (Logic: you would think when submitting invoices, if you want your money you would not subject the hapless scofflaw to penalties. That seems to say out front "This is just the beginning of our prosperous relationship where you surrender your first born and the offspring of their unions into infinity.")
Thus it has become increasingly obvious who it is that is really in charge here. We don't actually need anyone in charge in the first place, but especially not when the particular version of being in charge is voting for change and getting genocide. Oops. It may be that we have come so far so fast as to have lost the ball forever. When you think over your past purchases during these several decades of outsourced manufacturing, ask how much of those products and capital goods are genuinely worthy of having been produced, especially at the cost to so many who suffer as a consequence of the insatiability of CAN DO. Now - a step deeper, how could those tragic little people slaving in sweatshops have possibly ever performed as master craftspeople lovingly creating technological wizardry better and at less cost while under incarcerating sweat shop circumstances, indebted servitude, owing their very soul to the company store indefinitely, make ANYTHING that works? And lasts? A pair of socks gets holes on the first wearing, formaldehyde in drywall, melamine in pet food (only pet food?), the blowout preventer seal spawning genocide, every electronic toy you ever bought lies useless next to the useless VCR in the public storage unit rented under duress, but it doesn't matter, there is more where that came from, and all of it run over roughshod with the next release of whatever item/situation/cultural requisite is reformed, improved and upgraded as you wonder how in God's perfect world will we ever be able to recover all that has been lost while it still as of this writing, marches into hell, blaring trumpets, the Beast of Reform hungering, spittle dribbling from its blubber lips, lumbering from side to side, surveying seabeds, tar sands, other peoples' lifeblood needs - always from the point of view of "You Exist, You're Mine ... and here is the pretext we'll follow as I work my way through, limb by limb."
The Beast doesn't give a damn who is in charge or what stupefying reform is pushed through or not. He know its always the same and he damn well knows how to survive. That the beast has no honor is something that would never confuse him. He's a serial killer of the highest order who's work is not just cut out for him, it is handed to him on a sterling tray complete with a cornucopia of the rarest, most sought after, endangered to the extreme, verging on extinction, exquisite jewels such as caviar-covered Pelican eggs. CAN DO is a joke to him, an inside joke, his enabler/supplier always at the ready: "Here, adored Beast, please have more. Its on the house (and senate). Do tell what else should please your grace. The world is your oyster."
You know how it goes. You know what it means and you know where it leads. Addiction never goes well, worse, addiction always leads to justifying addiction, leading to vulnerability, arriving at unwanted coercion. It may be said in some corners it is our fault, but it is not. Our only portion of blame is having been cheated and lied into a dead end detour when all along the road we traveled was meant to lead us to a better place. I'm sure that road is still available if we could only get our bearings. Sometimes I feel like I am watching a secret dog fighting ring, vicious to the death, everything about it wrong and repulsive. Or a cock fight with the tragic rooster in spurs, feathers bloodied, body fluids leaking from every orifice, as screaming crowds shove fistfuls of money into the betting window.
Wondering when enough is enough is a waste of time. Is it not enough to see the truth behind the events taking place, is it not enough to see the response will always be the same despite which event is under discussion or who pens what reform? The dealmaking between the Beast and his caretakers is one sided and that side isn't on the side of saints. They have a special way of dealing with interlopers who have yet to successfully demolish the Beast. But YOU can do it, its a CAN DO culture after all. The not so secret and powerful weapon is to starve him of your attention exactly as they do in the media when they want a story to disappear.
There is good everywhere. Wonders to behold and participate within. I see it on an hourly basis if not more frequently. A healing and hungry Guinea Pig or playing with the dog and his favorite toy, making healthy clean meals for my house of males, planting flowers in the Mofusa and Malcome Memorial Park, taking photos in the desert, a painting that paints itself while I hold the brush, with things like this at the forefront of our attention all the time, why do we need busy Beasts from the halfway house bossing around the populations? Can you explain how these monsters have anything to offer in our time of diminishing resources? They and their psychopath bredren appear to have nothing of more import to do than agitate, snarl and prey on the defenseless even as they know and we know - get hip, we are all in this fix together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
35 comments:
Wow Nina,
Your metaphors are great. I really like this piece.
You said, "It may be said in some corners it is our fault, but it is not. Our only portion of blame is having been cheated and lied into a dead end detour when all along the road we traveled was meant to lead us to a better place."
This statement to me is important. Are we really not to blame, speaking of humanity in general and American citizens in particular? The handlers of the beast got their power by permission, they may have lied and not been transparent, but still, they rule by permission. In my view, we all partook of this deception, some of us for all our lives. Some saw the real action going on and withdrew. Some protested loudly and got maced and clubbed and even killed for their trouble. But even though a very few early on in their lives figured it out, the rest of us partook in the slaughter, the theft, the manipulation, the rabid consumption, the generation of trash that is smothering this world and contaminating our lives, and we have done it explicitly or implicitly, but we partook.
I guess I am not as generous as thee in granting the exception. sigh.
Even when I was young, I felt something was wrong. I protested, I rebelled, all to my disadvantage. I couldn't put a defining edge to this feeling of wrongness. So, I partook. Taken me 40 years to put an edge, a description a realization of what is being done to us. I disappoint even myself in this regard.
people out there
some in despare
let go and repair
come out from your chair
no need to compare
come out I dare
it would seem fair
for the earth that we care
as we sit there and stare
watch greed selling air
when we should just share
share and repair
do what needs to be done
all are aware
all of us bare
responsability for earth
that we share.
..peace..
Well Put Nina. Not to put myself in this but I have to say I have achieved an indistinct honor. I have been banned from comments on anything over at Huffington Post, evidently they don't like truth spoken, I laugh. I only did what you all have done and are doing. Murph's comment is right, we are all responsible. My only question is how do you not participate. If I did not, I would not have been able to support my family, it is a sad game, when you know since youth that it is skewed. I had dinner with Murph and Freeacre last night, and I volunteered (didn't learn my lesson in the Navy) my services as an excellent grunt lol, so we can hash these things out in between short spurts of energetic activity.
When you read this blog and comments, or Trout Clan to name two, and go out in the world, it is like a surreal encounter with a reality that isn't reality, a play within a play.
The words spoken, wriitten here, if read by most out there would get a reaction of Huh? even though somewhere in their psyche a voice is yelling in deaf minds. They don't or won't deal with anything less than twinkies.
I don't know about any of you, but this is what it feels like. The insane are sane. I don't say these things in condescension, just making an observation. I am no better than them and probably just as blind in a lot of respects.
To borrow a phrase from Orwell, "All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others".
I guess it's true that one way or another we all went along for the ride, but most were just dragged in the wake, with only a select few at the tiller. There are different degrees of everything, and if we give up our power to discriminate (wisely), the we really are lost between somewhere and nowhere. And there is still a hard lesson to be learned.
I refuse to give in until it is my turn and even then I insist my ashes go into the compost pile. I'm blessed to be able to find like-minded folk.
This Saturday last the local artists, greenies, bike-freaks and musicians held our second annual Bike Music Festival. Music all day and well into the night powered by humans on bikes. Brother Bhojhak blending up smoothies on the bike blender from found fruit.
At intervals instruments, stage, awning, trash, amps, adults, kids and dogs were loaded onto bikes and paraded to the next venue. I had the honor of being semi-official bubbleman during the parade.
Today I stumbled upon a buddy's first chicken slaughter and processing from his rolling chicken house. I spent all afternoon there learning/helping to dress out twenty-one birds for the freezer. Dude just finished work on his Econ. degree; thinks it's total b.s.. Economics, that is.
Dammit, I will not give up if all I can do to help the world is sit on a street-corner with a peace sign and a paper flower. In the meantime, I'm having fun and working hard as permitted.
v'word: thirdf, because the guys in first and second aren't in it for the long haul
Burnie_ Hey, props to you for the banning. I was banned from Democratic Underground for pointing out that Al Gore and John Edwards were missing a few hundred square feet of solar panels on their few-thousand sq. foot houses. Well, that and pointing out that 20 million Jews couldn't piss off one-billion Muslims and expect to win in the long run.
Apparently reality is too liberal for the Democrats also.
v'word: angsh, what happens to my teeth if I watch t.v. news.
nina, i put your elegant words on my blog today. i hope you approve.
Pangolin, you make me laugh..the best medicine.
That word is a perfect description of occurrence in my house as well, except I cannot even afford to watch it, a blessing ha ha. We can invent our own language si?
What could you call an addlepated newscaster whose brain turns off as he reads the script that has nothing to do with truth or knowledge, or wisdom. Let's invent a word. It must cause laughter, that is requisite.
Sorry, just had a cup of rocket fuel, the tweaker curse is upon me arrgh.
Through all of this, my goal is to gravitate to the light. All the art, all the music, Murphs beautiful guitars, Freeacres welcome, make me glad to be here. One can cowboy up and not arm oneself to the point of blindess to beauty.
Thanks for letting me come to your house.
I thought I would write another poem
parden me if you will
but nina and the rest of you
make that livity feel
is this the way to express livity
I really do not know
it is a new word in my thoughts
a sort of fresh word on my road
it feels good in a healthy way
like lots of other words
from mother natures cupboard
thats never ending I've heard
thankyou people for your thoughts
they move me different ways
but most of all they stir my peace
help me wander through the days.
..peace and livity to all..
Pangolin, excellent work on the chickens, wish I'd been there to see and help with "the real thing" (and it ain't Coke).
Publius, glad you got away from the glowing screen and had a good time--by Jove (or Jovess...)
Nina, it seems "can do" is now an incantation similar to the Romans of old circa 360 AD (a few years before it all fell kerplop) who kept referring to the grandeur of what they had a thousand years before, as if past glory inoculated them against decay, denial and decline.
"Can do" is real when it comes tot he garden and the chickens and the bicycle riding. Embedded in empty slogans, is it just another waystation for a breezy worthless incantation....
WV: gasho--the Japanese printmaker of old who was also a chippy.... (distant cousin of Basho...)
Well, that's it, Charles. I'm going to the library and check out The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire. We'll see whose fault that was.
----------------------------------
RASTA, are you inna hammock smoking w/a Red Stripe? ..neil.., our peace poet, would like a definition of Livity from the real 'ting.
----------------------------------
Bolanath and Zoner, I've had problems commenting on your blogs. Please review your settings. I'm not getting through, yes, it could just be me confused. Z, Joss Stone is amazing. Thanks.
----------------------------------
Murph, thanks, great post. In the next essay, provided nothing intervenes like the Earth going off axis or something, I will do "blame". It is something we all need to discuss and its too lengthy for the comments section. McZilla is very close with this: I guess it's true that one way or another we all went along for the ride, but most were just dragged in the wake, with only a select few at the tiller. There are different degrees of everything... Its the "dragged along" part and the "select few" part that has me thinking we were not to blame, we were incrementally led down the path to collapse, as the burgeoning population with its social demands in thousands of ways victimized nonparticipation.
---------------------------------
See Burnie, I knew you would have a great visit. It delights me to see everybody visiting everybody else, virtually or in the flesh. We do so much better at everything when we are a community.
XO to all. Back tonight.
Hey Neil, we're all the real thing within Livity.
Joseph reminds that our path while alive is Livity, whether we celebrate and love or exploit and be cruel is up to us.
Life itself and our opportunity to be in sympathy with it's rhythms, ways and many manifestations.
I'll pass on any others, esp in deep patois.
Like: "Livity a Livity, jus suh!".
Rasta Zen?
No hammock. Red Stripe now has 'Bold'...the beer for challenging times. Great cold.
Readying to clear path and procede with titling.
A mirror is a good thing to have for signaling in the desert Nina.
Later, turey.
'faryste' Ye Olde Faerie Forest.
and: 'salimuni' Nearly right WP.
nina,
I checked settings, switched to pop-up, everyting seems to be workin....?
respects
I realize that I was kind of narcissistic - I didn't really comment on Nina's wonderful riff, just talked about myself!
I identify with being "halfway" there... or in the middle of nowhere. I'm sure a lot of us do.
We have an idea of change, big changes, transformation, pain for the masses, wrenching events... but many of us don't dare to make the radical changes that might be most effective at:
1. helping the transformation along
2. Preparing oneself, family and community for it
3. Securing a better chance of getting through it in one piece (a big concern for those of us with children, pets, and others to care for)
Because: doing the radical thing would get you locked up, metaphorically or possibly even literally. I saw in the paper today that a woman was locked up in jail for a $250 debt...
One's spouse is liable to kick you out of the house if you tell her that you are quitting your job to become a freegan, hippie, monkey-wrenching, commune dwelling ne'er-do-well...
I don't think the children are responsible for the mess or the decisions. I remember how much I cared about nature as a child, joining Ranger Rick, yelling at my dad when I saw him throw a can into the lake (yes, he did this, but stopped when I yelled at him as a kid).
Somehow, it all gets beaten out of you. In my case, I was beaten up so bad that I was forced to either become a new me, or die. I've never, for some reason, ever thought or fantasized about suicide, unlike my departed father or my living brother. There was always a core of my being that loved/loves life, and says, "up yours," and just keeps on going, even if "going" is considered to be pretty pitiful by the standards of the "can do" successful. Thus, while in recovery mode, I might just work a temp job and hang out and read, write, and ponder, saving my energy for better days.
Bernie: I'm so happy you are visiting Murph and Freeacre. They, among others, are people I would love to visit in real life. I'm happy that there are kindred souls that I am meeting here in my city state.
Zoner: contact me! I'd like you to join in the gathering of such folk.
thankyou turey,
and peace to the rastasI
life and livity to all..neil
"Can you explain how these monsters have anything to offer in our time of diminishing resources? They and their psychopath bredren appear to have nothing of more import to do than agitate, snarl and prey on the defenseless even as they know and we know - get hip, we are all in this fix together."
Nina,
I heard a good line in a video I watched by Eustace Mullins. I am researching the how, why, and what of things. It speaks to your words.
Paraphrased; "Our governemnt is an occupational government because it does not represent any of us in shape or form."
We should live and create as you are doing, as many are doing, it is what we have and what we were meant to do. The music, the art, in all forms, literature, they can take all but our engine of spirit and creation. It is impossible to eradicate it. It is the best of us, no money, no power, but rich beyond measure.
...The music, the art, in all forms, literature, they can take all but our engine of spirit and creation. It is impossible to eradicate it...
Yes, impossible. I cannot tell you the times I've walked away from "success" always to the background noise of "You'll regret this" followed by anger, pain and and foolish acts based in separation anxiety. Their anxiety is an unconscious desire to walk away too. Success in the Zombie Food Court is easy, its being on the other side, successful to yourself less the trappings of success, that is made to appear deliberately difficult, but knowing how it works, you can only do what you must. After all, its only you living your life.
A must read
http://aangirfan.blogspot.com/2010/06/bp-false-flag.html
veriword" twovain
nueve 11 in slow mo.
Of course, none of those flying shares had anything to do with the May 6 crash.
As I was saying ... beasts.
The tragedy is there will be more, few bother to see beneath the surface. They're too vain.
It sure is strange to be living in a location that is so beautiful, with almost all necessities available, with relatively clean resources all around, with neighbors tending to their crops and animals as always and sharing/trading, many farmers-markets, even instituting simpler mediums of exchange and other preparations. This, in contrast to the chaos and blindness elsewhere, apparent all over the news and internet. It's hard work, but I guess we were truly led to where we're "supposed to be", and I can't complain. Hope we'll one day share some good times and gratitude and celebration, after what's coming down. I much appreciate Nina and all here for their inspiring contributions.
Shocking: the "flames" (magma?) on the BP vids up on youtube. What the hell?
Also, there was clearly inside foreknowledge even 6 WEEKS before the shit went down. Billions made. Incomprehensibly ugly picture.
respects,
bholanath
Most honorable Bho, sometimes I ask myself is it real? It is lovely here too. Spring is springy. But wait, this is summer. And that water has left white scum on everything it touches, and those ugly crosshatches in the sky misting barium and aluminum, the rural "gang" mailbox is jammed with junk ads and bills for the costs of breathing and wait, the nearest neighbor is using his pellet gun on bothersome wildlife again and tractoring over the woodpecker's favorite snag. Then there is that valley far below, quarter acre crackerboxes with bank padlocks. Ah, yes, it is real.
It appears that the fattest cats got in on it pre-blowout and the lesser floortraders, post-blowout, saw what was going down and jumped on the action.
Its only semi-secret now, and only necessary for "the appearance of discretion" typical of BAU, but in reality, they don't care who knows anymore because they have no real challenger. When Armani sashays into a room full of hookers, there is no contest.
Nina
I need to communicate.
Les has sent me several very disturbing emails. Don't know how to respond. I am at pakhawaj @ the hot one - my personal email.
Delete this if you think you should.
The guy said he is going to bed "now", so probably it's ok for the moment.
But if I could fwd. the emails to you and get your take, good.
Thanks - B.
bholanath here -
one of the emails has now been posted on Les' blog comments. It is under "anonymous", but is exactly what he emailed me personally from his gmail account. (one of 6 emails)
Kundalini crisis, or some 'entity' is putting him under siege, trying to 'take him out' - is my take.
thanks,
bholanath
Burnie, you are wonderful!
The music, the art, in all forms, literature, they can take all but our engine of spirit and creation. It is impossible to eradicate it. It is the best of us, no money, no power, but rich beyond measure.
You are not the same being who said that he had nothing to contribute some time ago, are you? You certainly underestimate yourself.
I 3rd that Burnie.
Went to a spring today for our drinking water. A Ras was there gathering cooking material for his 91 year old Grandma's send off. He gave us a curvey bit of aged wood from the fuel pile. Respect for our artist want synched with his family gathering/celebration.
Later, turey.
Namaste bho, test email sent to you minutes ago. Saw the post he put up. Good grief, like he needs this? May the heavens whirl love and safekeeping around him as warm winds of peace. God willing.
I 4th that Burnie.
Thank you all, that is very kind. Let me return the favor. All of you help me greatly.
And this observation. I was at the Murph/Freeacre compound last weekend and Murph showed me pictures of the guitars that he used to make. He is a true artist/craftsman. He and Freeacre are some of what makes the world go round on the positive polarity.
One of the projects I have in mind in Treasure Beach is guitar making. We have the woods eh.
My son-in-lawless and a luthier from Larivee have shown interest helping setting up. I'll let y'all know how this unfolds.
Visible? Best to you.
turey.
nina or bho have you heard anything from les is he ok,
neil
malcome is wonderful! glad you added his picture.
burnie: you know, when you create, that is what (i think) is meant with "being made in the image of the creator" - people tend to think of that in physical terms which is why you see God portrayed as a human being in art so often. creativity is our highest self and will indeed be our salvation. thanks for your meditation on this truth. and i add my 5th hoorah to your contributions here.
nina, i think you are right about walking away and people secretly wishing they could or would too. if i had a dollar for every time i was told i "copped out" or "knew id never make it as an artist so now i am pretending to not care and become a farmer" id have no $ worries.
my friends husband informed me that he "could never be married to me because i didnt have enough drive. he said his wife still dreams and works towards getting in the....whitney." and i said something like "we'll it all works out! 'cause i couldnt be married to a debt slave...id feel sorry for you all the time"
gah! the noive of people.
im down in FLA at the old folks home. My mom is an alert mind with sparkling eyes trapped in a dead body. looking around at all these souls slumped over in various apparatus to assist them in sitting up - i imagined them as young adults being in love, making out in the backs of cars, going to wars, building businesses and being vital and capable. the end of life is odd...i wonder how it will go for me? hopefully an asteroid will fall out of the sky as i harvest blueberries or play with the dogs in the creek.
Your friend's husband has definitely put some time into thinking about marrying you. Point that out to him someday.
Best wishes to your Mom. You are such a good daughter. What an evolved lady she must be to have nurtured you as a child into the adult you've become. How does she feel about what is happening to her?
And thank you for managing to stay online with us while you are not at the farm.
I think we're just going to have to take turns being positive on thin evidence while others deal with reality.
v'word: sness, more than stress, less than despair
I would have stated that just a little differently ...
I think we're just going to have to take turns being positive on thin evidence while others deal with the Illusion.
As far as I can tell, Pangolin, we are reality.
Post a Comment