... It seems we are a long way off from understanding what the non human beings on this planet know and have to teach us. ... freeacre
First thing this morning, after taking out the dog and getting coffee, I performed a set of short technical actions producing the phenomena known as Welcome News. As consciousness slowly settled into its next chapter of today, this is the time you might wonder why you are doing this? The farther you travel into waking (or dreaming) clarity, the faster those wispy memories of the past chapter, the sleeping dream, are suppressed.You realize what you are reading are press releases aka propaganda presented on an all inclusive variety of subjects. Before the caffeine took effect you might have thought like I did which was what was I doing staring at drivel on a screen. To my recollection, one headline among several was the announcement of the new Miss America. You can't exactly liken that to anything else since Miss America holds a category of its own. Uniquely American, carrying a perfume vaguely reminiscent of Fellini partnering with Normal Rockwell at a Wal*Mart rave.
Recently I brought product placement as breaking news to your attention, we can safely classify the thrilling gas pedal fix in this category. Next please. KSM, hmmmmm. They cannot figure out a place to have his show trial. What can they be so worried about? Clearly, the outcome is known if you've been keeping up, I'm sure you have.
... We know that Illinois sold a maximum security prison to the Feds. The local rurals are happy, surely it will bring them prosperity. We know 100 - 200 detainees will be transferred to this facility from Guantanamo which isn't being closed because they have plenty more sticking around to order rum punches from their chaise lounges at the Tropicana Banana. ...The question was, Cuba was chosen because it was not on US soil therefore the US Constitution did not apply. Obviously, the detainees landing here despite lifer status, will want to see the insides of a courtroom and have a perfect right to do so. It didn't make sense. That is, until this morning. Now the pieces fall into place...
This KSM trial has to take place offshore for the process to reach its desired conclusion. What is this going to do to the Haiti Relief effort? Oh, its all under control now with other capable departments all of whom left to their own style follow a prepared program peppered with their particular agency's agenda where each department head adds his own agenda as does each subhead all the way down to reception's recorded voice. This would explain why there were two headlines next to each other, one saying US halts medical flights, the other saying, US resumes medical flights. I told you, $100 million wasn't enough (chintzier even than show money). That would explain why the IMF said they were sure they could arrange Haiti's debt relief, (so sure they sent out a press release) followed up 48 hours later with a new payment plan for the entire debt plus whatever nonsense service fees and performance schedules are hidden in those sorts of things. Lots of wrist slapping going on somewhere. (If Haiti defaults, what are they going to do, foreclose Haiti?)
Our photo shows a Garden of Eden paradise in which surely the most holy transcendental thought and action take place. Ras turey forwarded photos of pre-quake Haiti in which this one stood out as his favorite, not coincidentally mine too. Thanks spar. What this house says and what freeacre said in the opening quote are
very close in spirit. It appears as a place where it is perfectly natural to commune with non-human beings living on this planet, a place to practice live and let live and to think clearly with great compassion, to be moved and to move around as you like.In stark contrast I spent an entire portion of Saturday at breakneck speed navigating through one of the ugliest, dirtiest, most drive-in single-story stripmalls passing for big anchor malls, heavily laced with weed sprouting-industrial and agricultural processing structures - dying, rusting, half the roofs fallen-in, chain-linked, railroad tracked cities on the face of the map. It was a rare glimpse of how the other world has chosen to experience their journey though this lifetime. Central to the image I presented above are the turn-key gated tract communities, sandwiched between the Bread Basket to the World truck depots and wrecked car/parts graveyards. There are monsteroid oil rigs every 100 feet or so cross hatching this whole panorama - all of which is layered with a black, greasy dust gathering in heaps at the base of every obstruction to the wind. There were the occasional frantic jaywalkers in a rush to the check cashing joint, next to the heartbreak motels ... nothing we haven't seen before somewhere else, some other time, passing through the long and endless highways of over capacity and over consumption. The other urban centers of empire are in similar phases of wanton decay, for better or for worse. It can only cascade towards the worse because no one cares or knows any better and has adopted the whole fable of green shoot normalcy while spiraling downwards propelled by the desire to possess regardless of all other traveler beings. Why would anyone willingly minimize their life experience locked behind a steering wheel in frustration on the eight lane racing to and fro horrific locations that look and function equally dsyfunctionally? It can only be they are already void of spiritual imagination. This is the wonderment of the free market at work.
In that brief stage between rising and fully absorbing the impact of Welcome News, a headline caught my attention reporting the death of a high target Pakistani Taliban figure by drone attack, a piece which carried his photo, in robes, against an interesting and rather colorful psychedelic background. He looked like a tabla musician. Make of that what you will.
There would be basis for feeling this is a world war against spirituality, perhaps at its root, supported by a belief manifesting as allegiance to empire, an excuse so smarmy if must be only spoken of in certain terms, thus the terror system with its acronyms and shortenings, its hurry, its rashness and push for omnipotence.
Every day we go backwards when we could have gone forward. In the new phase, everybody knows and everybody knows everyone else knows, but nobody does anything differently because they've become inured to doing anything other than what they already do. Fade to black...
25 comments:
There would be basis for feeling this is a world war against spirituality, perhaps at its root, supported by a belief manifesting as allegiance to empire, an excuse so smarmy if must be only spoken of in certain terms, thus the terror system with its acronyms and shortenings...
It IS a war against spirituality. Not against religion, though, which is so often and usually co-opted, just as most protest/resistance organizations are destroyed by informants and instigators.
Is it always darkest before the dawn?
Perhaps it's the mid-Winter blues, but I feel that something evil this way comes. It doesn't scare me so much anymore, and I can even experience great joy and connection as the shadow lengthens. I never read the Lord of the Rings series, but it seems something like I would imagine that to be. Perhaps I need some reading like that.
Excellent, I almost included "this isn't about religion" but decided it wasn't necessary for the discerning mind.
Its pretty dark now, but the way the pieces are setting up, it will just become darker and darker.
I haven't read the series either, but its at the top of the list as soon as I finish Charles' book.
Funny, we just watched a documentary called 2012: An Awakening. It presented the idea that the Mayans foretold that in this part of the cycle of time, a quickening of the earth's natural vibration would happen. And it would effect human beings in such a way that their sense of time would be distorted and also lead to craziness and the bad getting worse. Many predictions from assorted traditional peoples that there will be a time of great transition and dissolution, with very many people perishing. But, some live. And for those that do there is supposed to be a new possibility of a great shift in consciousness that will re-establish the connection between spirit and all the earth's creatures - even us, as shit-for-brains as we are right now. I'd like to think that maybe this is true. Because it's what keeps me from standing on the steps of the Court and blowing my brains out.
The recent decisions by the Supreme Court - that corporations are people but that people labeled "suspected combatants" are not - are so horrifying that it is evidence to me of madness. Sheer madness. We've fallen into the rabbit hole and the Mad Hatter is in charge.
But, then, I see a picture of tury's stone temple to connection and peace with the world. I listen to the sounds of celebration when our hens lay an egg, or experience the enthusiasm our dog has when chasing her ball. I am grateful again.
... What did Dylan write, "It's not dark yet, but it's gettin' there."
You paint a vivid picture, free.
... corporations are people but that people labeled "suspected combatants" are not ... This particular insight is exceptional, this is fundamental to what is being experienced by everyone who is paying attention. Or not. The suburbs, for example, are hotbeds of lax-panic (hidden suspicions while doing the BAU).
Thank you for saying it in a comment, we are honored, but its worthy of an entire post with chapters. I'm serious.
Hi everyone, just want to check in here to tell you Nina inspired my blog post for today, entitled "Serial Addictions, Serial Speculative Bubbles: a Sickness Unto Death"
http://www.oftwominds.com/blog.html
It touches on the same topic being discussed here, I think--and I quote Nina at length--she made an amazing comment in an email tome about serial addictions. It is tragic how spiritual despair plays out....
hello nina and all of you
war against the spirit
I would say so too
savage minds took the earth
think their gods
but they're only dirt
like us all
living here
on this planet
that I hold dear
as you do
we hold together
like them hopi
sprinkle feather
all around
raise the peace
living sun
rise in the east
command the light
to shine each day
fill the heart
with the way
It is tragic how spiritual despair plays out....
It is exactly so Charles. What you wrote in your essay today on serialization of addiction is perhaps the cruelest aspect of empire. Once its begun in earnest, it is spectacular in effect - touching on every element of lifestyle in that it becomes the sole individual's downward spiral from which there is no recovery. Each defeat, even the scent of defeat, produces ever greater defeat. In contrast, the bubble blowers create for themselves the complete, blinding antithesis, one material success after another leading to multiple successes all of which further buoy the personality into false beliefs they embody the high moral ground, meaning all that lies outside that illusory ground is inconsequential. And yet, all the while, for each immoral success, the noxious effects ripple through our lands, our beleaguered Earth, unraveling the entire fabric of the cloth that made us human in the first place. Who among us here did not weep silently to learn Mesopotamia was trashed to smithereens by jackboots? And that is only one mere example of profound tragedy, perhaps one of 7 billion ongoing tragic examples. As with the real unemployment stats, when you start adding in the other species inhabiting this planet, they are even more effected and made redundant. Maybe a way to see it is to accept that all we know is undergoing the process of preventable extinction aka genocide. We evolve only to devolve.
Thank you for your insights and sharing the link. In a circuitous way, you gave me the words to speak. I found you through SOTT, you quoted Ran Priuer, it was Ran who later linked to the Globalisation of Addiction.
Bless you for always being straight arrow. Your insights make what is unendurable to so many, durable enough to walk our own moral ground.
::neil::, wouldn't you agree exploiting our gifts, those gifts we all possess, whenever possible is the most direct route to maintaining individual spirituality in the face of overwhelming opposition? Where do you go when you create? You see, we were not complete without a poet in our midst, almost, but when you present us with your gift, we see what we lacked.
totaly nina,I think I go to the same place as yourself and everybody else,
compassion and the varying different degrees,I think what you write is poetry,mine is just in a rhyme.
your writings stir that place in me
as do les and a lot of other people's
I would say everybody has that place inside them,but some people just cant find it,tptb have absolutely lost all connection to it and I think they know this so are trying to take everyone else's
but they cant hold back mother nature,a deeply unwise thing to do.
peace to all neil.
oh and thankyou for that compliment
I dont know but I would say during the year a load more poets artists and speakers will arise.
neil
that place in the photo,beautiful,years ago I was in a place called the seychelles,that little hut reminds of that.
neil
Reading your missive and links, was a 'chore' today...twice i turned away, only to return, because these were nina's words...
My stomach churned and i wanted to to cry out "Enough! no more...". I have absolutely 'had it', with all of it! The misery... blah blah blah blah...etc
words words words.... emotions... galore
How's about the 'good/positive' things that do exist? We could speak/write of those more than the 'negative' stuff eh?
The 'amazingness' of being... Chicory's chickens... su's glorious adventures...
Ras turey's journey & pics... neil's poetry and Yes neil, nina is a poet in her own right- as are all the other glorious people contributing to this virtual meeting place...Publius...Zoner
Your last blog had a link to the Trout Clan... so off i went... only to come up for air 4 hours and countless links later!! I found myself going yes!! been there, saw that... ah... you too!... totally exhausted i worked my way back to your blog nina, only to x-out and turn off my computer and crawl in bed. My Goodness! what a trip that was!
Too exhausting and long winded for any relevant comment...<-on my end that is, so i quietly move on...
Obviously not today! The fuse is short! Good people wasting their goodness on bad stuff! What a waste!!
Lets bring each other UP (words can be sooo awkward).
Sorry about that bad shit Haiti, Mid East Africa Southpole... planet Earth...heating on Venus...
How is your garden growing? Put out the seedling trays yet?
If starting on Lord of the Rings, do read "There and Back Again" by Bilbo Baggins first! That is the beginning of the saga after all... how the ring came to be with Bilbo to begin with.
Inconceivable to me that there are people that have not read the series.
I had this wonderful grandmother, who presented me with a Dutch translation of LotR back in 1959 as my going away gift(on a month long sea journey to 'lands unknown'). I did some reading then and more than once or twice. Now i have a set in English -easier to share with friends than the Dutch set!
Thanks nina, for letting me post and rant a bit... i'll behave better next time. :)
love and respect to you all.
be well,
:)Ravi
vw: shmate
Nina_how long have you been in California and you STILL went to Bakersfield? You couldn't get me to get off I-5 in Bakersfield for anything short of a winning lotto ticket.
I remember being 16 and watching older teens and twenties "cruise" for the first time. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why any sane person would spend hours driving in circles in the same town they lived in. Then I grew up and learned I was expected to commute. Aggh.
I still don't get the crazy that passes for normal.
Word Genenerator Prophet offers:
'kist-ring' Talking of the 3 rings. As good as I Ching and Tarot our friend here.
It is a temple. Fits in with the bush. River smoothed stones. Tamped clay floor? Local burned lime cement with termites nest, molasses and hair? Just learned that one from Bro G. On one hand, the 'Blood' and bible, the other is old old bush and common sense. If I do his interview, including baby sitting Bob M, I'll link Y'All. Time.
The old people have a lot for us. These 'retirement' homes should be abuzz with woodcarvers, poets, guitars and classes for the younger generations etc. Mine will!
Retire!? From what?
If someone does not praise the sweet and rock our souls, we'll be caught up in the classic anxiety, tension and depression cycle and worst. The Cubans are ready to dance given any excuse, the Haitians too. Us in Jamdown fer shure. Can the coldest of hearts deny art and culture? Great beauty and natural awesomeness? Hitler and Churchill apparently had a pact not to bomb places like the British Museum and the like in Germany.
Y'know, if a critical mass of the males on this planet were to break down and bawl their hearts out, Shangri-La would move closer. Art is much like crying, slow and conrolled. Licking drums and dancing too.
That's one of the gifts Haiti has for us. Remember the faces of the just rescued, they had a shining, regardless. It comes from deep.
There are so many tears waiting to flow. Sad and glad.
'Kist' must have precipitated that rant. What a sweet word!?
turey.
'liber' 2nd word. Indeed!
Are you back online Pangolin? I've been missing you. You're so direct and able to relate on a wide variety of levels.
Hmmm, yes, its was B'field, how did you guess? It could have been Pacoima, it could have been Sunland or North Hollywood, or Hapeville, GA. But no, it was the Detroit of California. It is a shock to the brain.
Last holiday in B'field, the fireteacher pulled into a sonic for a shake. The five of us in the front seat of the rig. Two humans, two dogs and a guinea pig. He placed his order through the voice box and waited over an hour, including lame excuses time, and they finally admitted they were unable to produce the order. They were servicing a large wedding party inside the sonic walk-in facility and the personnel were overtaxed. Heh.
Ravi, you want "up", it is always an up when someone makes the transfer from lurker to commenting. Once you make the transition, you are free to comment or not instead of having a sign in front of your thought that says something like, I don't really know them. I will say to you what I said to ::neil:: which is you bring us something that was missing.
There are many occasions to lose sight of the most important lessons although we probably fare better than most. As Publius said, I can even experience great joy and connection as the shadow lengthens. This statement is key to our commonality in all endeavors.
Neptune should stop in, these comments would please him.
The glitch that destroys my ability to post is on hiatus. My last run through B'field was from the south coming up from Lost Vegas. I recall disbelief that something could be more shallow, degraded, polluted and devoid of hope than L.V.; Fresno being, merely, equal ground.
Turey's temple pic reminds me of a report I read of an archeological dig in El Salvador. The bamboo reinforced walls of pre-columbian architecture were judged more earthquake resistant than current concrete block construction. I went looking for a link but wasn't able to find the reference I recall. I did find this on earthquake resistance in vernacular architecture and this on bamboo reinforced adobe. The search continues.
In the meantime I've wandered off to learn too much about the wonders of comfrey in the garden. Amazing stuff; plant some. Trying to stay positive.
Nina, your comment here once again strikes tot he heart of the matter.
It's worth keeping in mind that the mere expression of truth is therapeutic--as is the reading of truth. that's why we come "here."
word verification: "borsc" - sounds like Russian soup served with bisques.... hmm guess I'm hungry...
Lost Vegas ... heh heh heh
Must share with my friends in NV, it will elicit extended amusement.
I agree Charles, having thought it out, we gather so much information from each other, what would we do with it otherwise?
PS thanks again.
Rasta, would you have any idea of the layout of the place? "River smoothed stones" tells us its not far from a water source. But I'll bet it has a cistern somewhere close by placed just so the morning sun heats up rainwater for mid-day washing.
And thank you many times over for passing along the photos.
Ghost in the machine ate the last.
On closer look, is there a tree growing off center of the rectangular pavilion or am I tired?
No roof? But green overhanging that could be contiguous with a tree trimmed to roof level. Natch, build around the right tree, in the right place. Living Axis Mundi, lizards and fruit in the bargain.
Cottage in the back with a window to oversee/watch runnings. Catchment and cistern for water independence, stream as backup. If springs nearby better still.
The stream inevitable in a treed valley. The stones look like from a greater flow of water. Maybe trucked/carried in. One stone at a time maybe. Good excercise or community project. And a Temple after.
White limestone besides the path, burned for cement?
Seems to be the end of hill path at right lower. Could be dampish and cold at night. I'd put in solar heated underfloor warming and the right carpets. Local woven.
Moonlight night, insect chorus, lizards croaking (yes), smell of ripe fruit and night blossoming plants. The stream gurgles.
Morning comes as everywhere and dishes to be washed and food to be prepared for the sun ovens. Waning moon tonight and food haffi reddy fi nyam. Unfortunately much wood is used for cooking.
Later, turey.
'billy' That devil is here too? Long story.
Rasta, that was a great description. This is what the Shangi La seekers are looking for, a home as we are seeing it and functional as you walk us through the amenities. You do it and I will back you up or vice versa.
If people could live like this in pre-quake Haiti, we can live anywhere. (disclaimer: not including the urban centers of free market disaster capitalism)
I know a little boy, shiny eyed and willing
Curious and attentive
To the needs of the world around
Anything need done?
Just ask. They told!
"Feed pride and expectations
You're to run the race we say
Smile, don't ask
The world is won this way"
The happy boy took it on
That's what he was told to do
Until
(And I remember the moment)
The Spirit spoke inside
It's never been the same
Dreams of a flowered town
The old streams run
Workshops, strong arms
Straight words
This was not popular at all!
Then decades of Cinderfella
The smiling little boy
One day
Heard one say
It's not a dream
Let's build it right away
Just in time
The little smile
Returned, shy but bold
Now a chance to ask again
Those sweet and magic words
"May I help!".
Yes Nina, Visa Versa.
Each One Teach One time come.
Each One Help One time come.
Forgive the fractured verse, I do it better with a hand drum.
Later, turey.
'recri' -ation.
Post a Comment