02.13-16.10
You might have been thinking I am overdue for one of these missives, but we've never had a formalized schedule and at this time I play the disclaimer card. Just as external events are funneled into our brains with feeding tubes, events on a personal scale round our bends like a Ferris wheel at the Indy 500. That is because personal events are our own, always somehow impacted by the external, but taken helplessly into our flesh and blood, living in the moment, moments to be lived through. This produces a disorder known as mood swings. I'm confident the much mentioned, updated Official Manual for Identification of Misfits has a few chapters on emotional upheaval. This book and its updates fall into the category of Racism, designed to separate and condemn with labels, racism itself a label, anything unacceptable to the standard BAU nerve center of the Zombie Food Court.
It isn't my intent to bore or terrorize you with newsy commentary. You see what I see. Marja on My Mind... we remember too well Falluja and sigh, Jenin, where it was said blood ran in the gutters. The New World model for war means with each successive slaughter the bar is lowered further. Wars don't end, they just get branded. Its perfectly legal. And this one is brought to you by ___.
Why? Its all about ego, that compartment of the overindulged mind devoid of compassion. There is no room, no stray pang of conscience crying out for attention when someone lives off that high from strutting the razor's edge. Its all about looking good, making the scene, control of the couriers, savoring the sweetness of breathing rarefied air. Mammoth testosterone on nuclear steroids, a weakness unveiling Napoleon's complex metastasizing into Ponce de Leon's search for the fountain of youth. All of it waste. If you survive at all, life unfolds anyway, the great majority of the human species under an impression we have greater control than we actually do. It is a game of chance decided by how well or how badly we utilize our playing hand.
As far away and mellow as one might arrange themselves, the knowledge of the external comes to us in the tragedy of what is happening to a perfectly beautiful planet. Our appreciation and gratitude are increased by sorrow that it has been so maligned. Overpopulation coupled with that segment of humanity's predators, gift wrapped in a box of spiritual emptiness remains our undoing, just as we recognized the speed which the past was dropped for the reign of the Sopranos, we're traveling warp speed now. Stupid has become an exponentially stupid reality show. The advertisement is actually the complete antithesis of the body copy. The series is produced on location dreamed up by unemployed Tinseltown scriptwriters on Crack. It defies all logical lines of thought unless you too are on Crack. I fully expect to see Palin and Nancy Grace in the Oval Office following the departure of Obama's character. The past is only good for one or two generations, if even that much. Based on what has been done to that which we think we know of the past, who is to say with all certainty the past is anything remotely like you imagine it to have been? Each successive group of monarchs overwrites the rules to suit the personal preference of the monarchy of the day. Some of them are less creative than others and take up where the last left off.
*****
The Forces are like the wind behind events propelling experience at the level you require to understand. You can be a fool and take them individually and for granted, or aware something else is in control. There's not much in between those two states. When you come into contact with the Forces, you pay attention. It doesn't matter what you call them, signs or omens, good and evil, only that you are aware these roadsigns don't fool around. I have noticed they carry one feature in common, perhaps the supreme reason they exist at all and that is always having the affect of reaffirming values, who is really who and what is really what, and strengthening compassion, the opposite of ego. When you have compassion you possess ever expanding room for everything of real value.
*****
We lost Louis last week. To the best of my knowledge he was taken down by a Mountain Lion very shortly after running off in the darkness after something unknown. We searched alternately for hours. As I was passing a familiar uninhabited stretch of the near landscape, a Mountain Lion crossed my headlights like a wheat colored ghost, feline, fast ... (the sign, the omen). That this image was presented as it was in icy temps, ethereally, late, searching in vain as we were, was a certainty how Louie's physical story ended. It seemed he was destined to leave this life in a blaze of glory. Considering the rude awakening he was born into followed by abandonment in the desert, he managed a reprieve in which he experienced a real home where our animal brethren are accorded all the rights and respect shown naturally to a beloved family member. He gave his all to us and got it back in spades. The Forces clearly say he is not on dogs' death row, not lingering on veterinary life support, not lying by the side of the highway or bagged in a dumpster. Wondering would have been unbearable. I was shown the truth to be saved unnecessary suffering. Thanks Louie. Still giving I see. Rest in peace. We shall meet again and then there will be no separation.
40 comments:
Sorry to hear about Louis, Nina.
By some chance, or not, as you may believe, he and you managed to connect for a brief while and share love.
The time together always seems too short and we always wish we would have longer, but that he had found a home with you where he was happy and loved should be of some consolation, however much it must hurt now.
Thanks very much John ... and I am fascinated with chance. I like to think there is a greater plan at work, too profound to be understood by mere mortals.
“It opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes, and softens down the temper...; so cry away.” ~
Charles Dickens (1812-1870)
ma'mm, it's like reading about me!—in every sentence
met a guy today at the check-out counter. When he noticed the length of the cue, exclaimed aarghh FUCK. I noticed he wuz somewhat imbibed—reminded me of a WWII bomber pilot—swathe of blonde top, cropped close sides, red-coloured heart and scroll tattooed on his left shoulder, carrying a couple of casks of Chasseur. Couldn't resist—smiled and mentioned he wore his heart on his sleeve, knew he wuz wasted, and told him only neurotic housewives drink that shit. Whereby I suppose he might have been taken aback exclaiming awww man, but I've been smoking as well!
wv: holypoy - I don't know?
wv2 shloffla - sounds like Alvin Toffler - Sociologist
ugh proof reading now—that should have been queue, and for whatever it's worth—it wuz the right shoulder. Carnival red stood out against fair skin—sorry
wv: redneste—awe c'mon!
Signs and portents huh? I keep getting them but they've been coming with a complete lack of understanding on my part. Three true stories........
I'm riding my bicycle along a main boulevard when I spot a bank deposit pouch tucked under a car tire. The car is in front of a gate and the gate is to a small mansion. Like a robot I pick up the bag, march up to the front door ring the bell and hand it over to the surprised and grateful person standing there. It wasn't until I was walking away with a relatively small reward that it occurs to me: "I just handed over what felt like a bag of money!!" Of course I'm flat broke.
2nd. story..... I go to dance church this Valentines Day. I actually have a great time which isn't always a given. At the end of the event a person is holding a tarot deck from which people are pulling cards. I walk over and pull out the "lovers" card. I'm stunned. I don't even have a flirtation going with anybody. If there's somebody pining for me I'm clueless.
3rd story. Riding down the road I come across a rock bar. A useful but heavy and ungainly tool that I happen to require for a deferred job in my mothers garden. I strap on the rock bar and ride off....... but Why a frapping ROCK BAR!?! I mean c'mon already.
So, the universe is beating me over the head with some sort of message that i'm not picking up. Abundance or some such. Pearls before swine, fish with a bicycle, boating in Death Valley, basically lost and clueless. Interpret away; I invite you.
v'word: eness, opposite of egress? anagram of sense?
Interpret? I'm in a Baz state of mind. You might say I am bazzed. But, okay, you willed the rock bar there, that much is obvious. Looking for love, that too. Keeping yourself as you are, hey Pango, nothing wrong with that!
Baz, you quote Dickens. My compliments. Thank you, I know you've been there. I saw the little piggy on your lap.
Nina, truly sorry about the loss of your dog. I had to do that about a year ago. Harder on me than losing people for some reason.
v'word: shemetri
I want to say to Chickory, Su and turey, your messages were received and heartening, very kind and thoughtful of you, thanks, please forgive my inability to post anything this past week.
Pangolin, I was just thinking the same thing. I'm so grateful you said that.
I have to admit; I've spent a lot more time thinking "I wish I had a rock bar for this job" than "I wish I had a sixty-five pound rod of gold."
Silly me.
v'word: untion
I lost my dear 'Fatty' to unknown causes or people, my ex gave away her two wolflike pups the result of 15 years of breeding Jamaican brindle dogs. A guard shot another, car another and so on. I grew up as 'daag puppa', births and deaths and a connection to every one.
Does the diagnostic manual mention our illness Nina? Canine Attachment Syndrome.
Guess who I sat with at 2:00am when the inner devils where attacking? They always gave me attention and kindness.
Your conscience is alive Pango, you had to return the bag. Which guy would not stop for such a delicious peice of iron though!? Love card; magic or the luck of the draw? Card or no card we all crave Love.
Thanks for Dickens Baz, we should not need encouragement to bawl, but we seem to have forgotten how. Most of us guys at least.
Later, turey.
every time I write a poem
computer crashs.
..love you good people..
Well, Nina, I am in tears over Louis. But, as you say, he went out in a blaze of glory, not on veterinary life support. One hopes to be as lucky.
We had a wonderful dog,named Mango, born in Jamaica, whom we brought back to the States with us. We had a habit of giving him a Milk Bone treat and he would make a big production of it and run back and forth with it before he'd eat it. One day I was in a big hurry to get to work and feeling guilty that I was leaving him alone. So, I quickly handed him a treat and ran out the door. When I returned eight hours later, he was at the door and the "bone" was still sitting on the floor. Once in the door, he picked up the "bone" and ran back and forth with it with joy, and then ate it.
I burst into tears as I realized that it wasn't the treat that he was celebrating, but being given the treat by one of us that was so meaningful to him. He taught me a great lesson in what is important and how important we are to each other and about love and devotion that I never will forget.
When I die, I will be hoping that he has scouted out all the good spots and waits for me still.
beautiful words nina,seems I cant get a poem through..peace..
i started here with louis. this was a lovely and respectful remembrance of a good friend; his ending fitting his nature and the encounter with the elegant angel of death in the headlights. and you, rightly, being good with it. yes way better than the shelter.
this entire post has real beauty - "razors edges and rarified air" - your imagery soars
Pangolin, you might not remember, it was a while ago, you made a single comment and then vanished. I commented back that I'd read your profile and thought we could definitely be friends and later thought I must have embarrassed you. You are great just as you are. How you chose to express yourself was revealing of a person without a representative self, the real person and that carries great weight with me.
..Neil.., when you stop crashing, I will hold you to your desire to poeticize your feelings. Try Notepad, paste and copy to an email and I'll put it up for you, maybe that will work? My email is in my profile.
Or, if you like, we'll just wait and you can do it however you like. No problemo.
Chickoreeeee, then I will always remember the date our friendship began. (signs, omens) It is interesting and yet more evidence something other than what we think is going on is unfolding in a parallel universe.
Special love to Trout. Thank you for your kind words.
Baz, you don't have to worry about typos, your visuals are so strong we just slide past them.
Rasta, judging by the comments here everyone posting has CAS. Surely the most progressive therapy is the promotion of poverty on a level that providing shelter for any other living being is impossible. Another stupid plan because CAS is deeply imbedded in our very DNA.
I would love to have known Fatty.
FA, you hit the nail on the head. In so many ways, these beings are our lifeline to the Creator. Without ever knowing the goodness within such relationships what would we be? Just lumps of flesh getting dicked around and spending whole days paying bills.
And you know, when we mess up, Louis and Jake, Mango and Brie, Fatty and Trout, Colonel Bumbles and Sunny and India and all the beloveds never laugh at us or judge us, they just keep on their mission, simple love. It truly is our honor to know them at all.
Thank you for sharing that insight. Its my turn to go get the kleenex.
Nina_Years ago I read a bit of fiction which postulated that certain persons could be "strange attractors." (Requiem for a Ruler of Worlds) The idea was that events normally outside the range of probability would cohere around these people making their lives unusually interesting and b.t.w. challenging.
I believe we share this trait along with Baz, Turey, Su, Chickory, Publius, Zoner, and the crew here.
In the realz, my attitude seems to drive people batshit. Standard question: "Why aren't you watching the Olympics, Super Bowl, Grammy's....." Standard Pangolin answer "I don't know any of those people." Yeah, ok, they're great athletes performing amazing feats with grace and beauty but so was the turkey vulture I saw trying to catch a thermal this morning. The vulture came with sunlight, a wet earth smell, a warm zephyr, a clear view of the coast range, some cows lowing a base note.......
You get that. I was married to a woman for ten years who could never quite grasp the feeling.
The most interesting thing about your writing, and the online community that condenses around it is a willingness to accept both the pains and joys of experience with minimal intervening filters. A sort of Gnosis, a Rumi poem that is created day to day. The explanation is always secondary to the wonder of the experience.
Beauty.
Thanks
v'word: exingma, AI agrees
I love the painting of the rocks. There is a hamlet on the road to Bodega Bay called Two Rock. I was always driving past it on my way to be challenged by my Tai Chi teacher.
I should have stopped and sat sometime instead.
Its what Charles says, you put out simulacra, you get back simulacra. I don't think we have time to waste on simulacra. But that brings up the question, why simulacra at all? What happened to us? And when? The Vulture doesn't get involved in that, why do so many humans? It has come to the point where everything outside of the sphere of simple love and respect of the truth is an advertisement. If you are not a marketable commodity, you are nobody. It can wear you down until you feel like nobody. Nasty, isn't it? And its all false, a hologram. I'm very glad you stuck around Pangolin.
well nothing to say really. Maybe I could waffle 'til something emerges! Nice comments all. Relative latecomer to the computer ... although time marches. Pangolin—probably heard it already: Old buddhist koan, Can a fish see the ocean ? I have no idea, yet it strangely comforts. Another: Do not the leaves on a tree fall down—just like that ? Like ... (forgot), water seeks its own level. My Dharmapada's a bit rusty.
Like sands through the hour-glass, so are the daze of our lives ~ ah, forgot who... Tarot, hmmm—used to give readings, but it wuz all bad so stopped. Recipients all dead.
bazzed—haha, know what you mean.
Lil' piggy which died of pneumonia (not uncommon), or perhaps over-medicated—antibiotics! Really didn't have a plan. I'm no farmer, and Snorks wuz a genuine vicious-rip-the-flesh-from-yuh-bones-if-you're-not-fast, Razorback—bush pig. Well he wuzn't, just the rest of his kind—if cornered.
Turey—Jamaican dude ! Yeah Dickens ... confess have some degree of difficulty with tear ducts—internalized it all, usual modes of misconduct. Initially mis-read bawl for brawl—haha. Curious nonetheless about which I understand so little.
Typos worryingly sounds like a greek psychotherapist. Well I hope this has been of some assistance—haha
uh—oh, more comments. Ah, Colonel Bumble bit me on the ass once. What a goose! OK, so I wuz daring him—he did.
wv: glogres — progress hazily !
back into peace
travel the sea's
on the wind free
released,with the bees
in the higher forest
fly high on the breeze
the essence mends
with natures seeds
slow like a feather blow
through the clouds of the alamo
on the signs of the wind
down where the flower grow
with the truth
on eternal meadow
truth raise peace
with internal flow
by the forces of nature
the powers that waken
fire wind shake
on the dreams in the lake on
imagination
and the image of the taken
in cages slaved
by the mistaken
..peace..
will try and get more through later.
..peace..
Eternal fur smoothings for dear Loius, and warm thoughts as always for the rest here.
Sooner,
Z
My condolences ...
Our last family dog, Princess, disappeared in a similar manner. I believe it was a fox or cougar. She was blind at the time, but still loved to chase and follow scent trails outside. I was angry with my mom at the time, for letting her out alone, but it was probably the better way to go... She was a West Highland Terrier.
Publius, the firekeeper, who never fails to have more direct experience than I do or anyone else does with anything, let me know (thankfully) that when such a sneaky devious predator attacks there is no suffering involved, one minute the dog is doing his/her dog thing and the next, its lights out. It has crossed my mind a number of times in these recent days I would shoot the damn Mountain Lion if I had a gun, but then many arguments move one on from that place to loving Nature, understanding the natural flow, we're already pushing into their territory and killing them without guns anyway. Anger is just another stage in the grieving process.
Recall when Su's dog passed on, somehow a space was created for India to join the unschool and now we see there is Sunny too.
We live right inside the heart of something else going on and don't even know what it is or how to talk about it without sounding like we've lost our marbles.
Thank you Zee. I send much affection to your sweet Lulu as well.
That was superb, ..Neil.., how ever you managed it, thank you. Every line a work of art blending into the next.
Oh now what do we have here, the great hunter in hip waders bleeding the king razorback is underneath it all a softie. Ooops. I'm still bazzed and think I will stay that way.
Hey—I ain't no softie lady, just so we're clear! Alright—OK, so I eat marshmellows tuesdays and thursdays dressed as a wolverine wearing suspenders and fluffy pink slippers—so what?
I thought the pink slippers were a bad case of athletes foot Baz. Now I know.
Mine are red moroccan leather with curly toes to enable footsie. I use Tinactin for my fungi.
Your bawl and brawl triggered memories from post ex exing with her jaundiced, fat and ugly malignant narcissist. She eventually shook of the trance. He still prowls the North Coast looking for white girls. You can't miss him in Ocho Rios. Beware!!! Ahhh that was good.
It's not the lachrymal ducts, we know, it' a removable block in related nerve mechanisms that do cough, sneeze, vomit, yawn and orgasm. Repressed in males except in some Eastern cultures? A learned social 'skill' to enable full agression on demand in protection of the water hole, mate and territory? Feared loss of the attempted super masculine male (Rambo) modelled on the feared super masculine menial (Thanks Bro Eldridge) that comes with a good bawl. As in "Me Tarzan, Tarzan no cry, only child cry!".
Us once super masculine menials could always bawl, dance wildly, laugh from the toes to the top of the head and make love with every cell of our bodies. Elvis did it, sorta. It's not a black ting really, just that some humans have retained the essences of the so called Old Religion.
That's the gift Haiti and other places have for us. The induced poverty stifles this. We see bits at a tourist Voodoo ceremony and we hear peices when Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Jimmy Hendrix and Manitas de Plata let spirit fly. Zep too!
Still, if the bawling mechanism is really stuck; ya still can dance wildly and the rest eh. Then there is the way of the drum. Left brain, right brain, doom bek raka tak.... Tapping fingers dance and pray. I've heard of Maroon drummers stopping political riots far beyond hearing range with their drum. Dem man cyan mek di goat skin bawl.
So, I went from mr sweet guy to walking with my blade (Sheffield dagger named "I cut my way") tucked near my backside, when the bawling subsided after many moons. Yea I do 100%+. Can't help it, so the dissapointment comes hard. If I loose concentration help me back, don't cut me off. Let's tango on...and talk straight.
So, brawl.....
Late one night when bawl morphed to bad manism, I walked into an old friends nightcub and was drinking a beer. Three guys, one shakes my hand and starts to do some drunk man judo. He ends up in the air and breaks a plate glass table. I walk outside and give my knife to the police security and walk back in to pour out my still stored emotions on the three. No brawl. I call my friend in the morning to pay for the table. No problem.
My two children that were with me at the time were well defended in wild Kingston by Fatty and her crew of haawful bridle mongrels and wild dad.
I'm a sweet old boy now and the children are well Irie, 7 years later.
The ex and I say hello now. Talk of her missing time is verboten. Ein Bayer frau eh.
The couch is free now.
Later, turey.
'yo-ss-evic' Getting cryptic there Word Prophet.
What's Elvis got to do with anything? Some say he left the building, but I'm not convinced! Dead but not verboten—haha.
Tell the truth Turey—you wuz drinking Chasseur, and he took offense! ;-) We all have our secrets eh? Me, ache---m I'm an open book, ah, as for wild women—do my best to avoid them though they seek me out!
The couch is free though we've lost the key.
That was very good. Thanks. Very good.
You might as well get that tattooed and the key will always be in your possession.
Wild women are the only ones that curl those toes Baz.
No associations for Chasseur, an offended Elvis and my drinking found in central storage?
Great keys. Hansa the pure swan necking with his mate. I'm still wating for that door to open again.
In my heart too.
turey with the rusty hinges.
'day-sing' Wicked!
i watched a falcon eat my hen "red". it was the natural order of things. i couldnt be mad at the falcon for being a falcon. but i also thought, wouldnt a pigeon, the abundant city game, have done? i suppose the falcon prefers white meat, as i do.
Good grief Chickory, was it one of your special hens? Maybe if we didn't personalize our domestic animals we could just stand back and let these things happen and feel nothing? But you know, these "pets" are like our own children. We can't help but mourn their loss to us in this lifetime. I know your hens are beloved.
Post a Comment