We often hear about the unquestioned existence of balance in the Universe as if there is an inviolate law over which no mortal has authority, that evil must balance with good. This law, although certified in truth by some very great humans over time, believed and sworn by, is a style of thinking in much the same way a God with beard and robes is going to greet us at the pearly gates if we've been honorable during our visit to planet Earth. I have yet to meet someone who has come back from Heaven to assure me that all was good in that dimension, evil got what was coming to it and the law is indeed real. Have you? This brings me to ask then, in this morass of war and consuming, what if evil only became more evil, if it was never actually countered by overarching good, and the Illusion, including the media, the econo-ocracy, the WorldX operating system, just becomes worse? After Bush, don't you think we deserved Rev. Wright as president to counter the neoconservative occupation, with Sen.Kucinich as the veep? That would have been the righteous balance I'm looking forward to in my dreams ... as in your dreams. Of course, I've met some awfully interesting, incredible people along the journey that I'd like to stack in the Supreme Court as long as we're dreaming.
I'm simultaneously catching bits of a R&R Hall of Fame TV concert and beg your forgiveness if I jump subjects from time to time here. I would not include a famous rocker on the SCOTUS due to the financial factor, not counting Bob Dylan who's talents would be best used as Chief Publicist, actually publicist is a questionable term isn't it, let's say instead Spokesperson in Chief. He does not appear to be in the program I'm watching tonight. The irony is the very people who would be great at running the world don't want the job. They loathe the spotlights. I don't blame them at all. Who would want that job other than someone with an extreme ego-driven agenda?
So there's Bonnie and David Crosby welcoming Jackson Brown to the stage. Why, Jackson seems to be a fan of Grecian Formula! To each his own, but I personally disavow all that stuff. It seems like so much trouble, why would anyone with half-a-brain go to the expense, time and effort for vanity anymore? They do this because they are under an occupation of the representative-self. They allow economically insecure image consultants to design the envelope in the style which statistics tell them brings the greatest amount of money for their area of expertise.
As an exercise, try on for a moment, the experience of someone who is compelled to stand for the better part of an hour or more, perhaps lots more than that, in front of a mirror. Imagine the work area to be stocked with materials for application required to present yourself to others. Easily, it is an even stranger trip for someone who actually knows better or at least suspects better. The problem comes when interacting with someone who has abandoned their self-representative in the spontaneity of the natural self finding themselves contrasted with a clown or a criminal. People do not need 99% of what they think they need. Why disguise? Disguises are meant to deceive, are they not? Are we supposed to think David Crosby went out and bought a Santa Clause mask for the concert? He ages, Jackson Brown stays forever youthful? Does this make any sense?
Yes, its December, we're back in the wintertime of our lives. Sooty and dusty, but free of the gas company drag. Last year we managed the entire cold season on firewood. Since more than half my blog was deleted, posts about this particular survival tactic are no longer available, but it was a success primarily due to the fireteacher's skill in obtaining in a goods for services exchange plenty of long burning Oak. Right away we learned the lesson of running out and spent the summer evenings often repeating the winter system of stockpiling. At this time, the piles are relatively huge and rather obsessively organized according to age and biotype. I had a few debates on this blog about the amount required and the count appearing in a few digitals, and will resolve that debate right now by stating you-can-never-have-enough. The amount we use grows in proportion to the dropping temps. There is a severe weather storm coming in tomorrow and we'll easily have the fire going for a twenty-plus log day. We have a lot, its like counting beans in a jar, there is more than we think, but I often hear the fireteacher worrying. I have already said he's always right. Well, there have been a few times he was not, I'm sure there has been at least one time he was not, if such a thing is possible ...
He has seen quite a bit of evil. Then there are those others of us who saw it too - but did not understand what it was we were seeing. Those were the days. The Before Era when we were still deeply indoctrinated from our training in the Zombie Food Courts, Before Bush, before the Sopranos multiplied exponentially in proportion to the planet's population and realized they might actually get away with their felonious rip of resources underway and expanding. The laws of justice apply here, for every action there is a reaction. Those who harm humanity, ultimately harm themselves. We could say to them, by the way, you do know we are all in this together, don't you? When its all gone, there is no more, not for me and as you will see, not for you either. The Doomsday seedbank is not infinite. You can pipeline the planet in a cocoon and when its run out, its gone, money, blood, heroin or sex will not make more and you will have some nasty, nasty wars as those pipelines trickle the stains of a lost gamble, the Dubai high, the Vegas crapshoot.
Even if everyone at the overlit superboxmarketKmartwal*marts this week is high on salad shooters and clamshells at permanently inflated prices because its somehow cool to blow bread again, did they ever really stop, and even if we are the only ones left who see this as the ultimate in the long manipulation of humanity, it doesn't matter. That karmic balance I started out with is actually taking place, it is merely a gradual process that moves us along from one plane of consciousness to another. As we come to the readjustment of relative time, coming down from the immediacy of self gratification, it only appears slow.
8 comments:
nina:
just another example of synchronicity, as I was trying to think of how to respond to your post, a friend emails me this:
* all that encourages spiritual evolution is called positive, all that hinders it is called negative
* what causes pain and is self-serving is called “evil,” what is loving and altruistic is called “good”
* good and evil are subjective and relative, but positive and negative are objective and absolute
* proper balance between good and evil forces results in positivity
* too much good leads to stagnation, too much evil leads to total destruction, which is negativity
* balance is maintained by having both in proper ratio and diametric opposition
* one who fights solely for good or evil is a fool, one who fights strictly for positivity is a noble warrior
* such a warrior will incorporate the proper balance of good/evil within himself, then seek to restore balance to negative systems
more interesting concepts here:
http://montalk.net/about/91/key-concepts
word verification: instru
short for instructions???
December is always sad for me. Plus my mother died, my brother has terminal cancer, even my cat died. I went around the 1/2 acre garden surveying all the dead plants today (21F) and that was sad too. Houston had its earliest snow and freeze, ever. We had too. Al Gore, where art thou?
Nothing seems to be as it seems. My friend wintering in Phoenix quoted Gertrude Stein about Oakland (there is no there there) & then I see them pick it up and quote same on CBS nightly snooze... synchronicity seems to be working overtime.... tres- bizarre deja vus and coincidences become de rigueur... who knows what the hell is going on anymore? I just know it's weird. Lack of sunspots?
Like Les folding the paper on WRH and rense linking up to him... and then WRH links up to his latest today, and rense did last week. We can't take anything for granted anymore!
Word verif: anticat!!!
(Im a cat person)
All Along The Watchtower
"There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief,
"There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief.
Businessmen, they drink my wine, plowmen dig my earth,
None of them along the line know what any of it is worth."
"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late."
All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.
Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.
I have to apologize to all of you for the jumbled tone of the post. As I was writing, I was coming down with cold and fever and simultaneously stoning myself on 800 mg Ibuprophens, meaning that I'm only now shaken back into reality by this incredible storm taking place here. We made serious preparations, never as many as before and you can never be prepared enough, and laid in supplies, but to see it is something different than imagining it. The other thing that is medicinal was a reading of the Alta Report. I would definitely subscribe if I was not off the grid outside the money economy.
In truth there isn't all that much we did not already surmise and maybe not discuss as much as we could have, but the sense of the report is a confirmation of that subliminal thread running through the fabric of our lives, you too Tex, and I see the same is happening to you Publius. Whatever can we do but try to stay under our tarps while the storms worsen. All this time we've been practicing for what lies ahead and if you've paid attention and tested yourself enough, there is nothing to fear. The time for lethargy is over. The depressions are/were based on reality. The Zombie Food Court is pole shifting.
Sending whatever is sent between friends in stormy weather. Nina in your icy breeze, be safe and warm. Y'All in these challenging times, hang in there, I know it's sometimes by the fingernails. Testing, testing..it ain't simple.
All these things pass. Then we do. To somewhere..or, now-here, or?
Please report back if anyone can tell. The Tibetan Book of the Dead was the closest account that sounds poss. However, now, we live.
Hurricane cleansed the air and clipped dead branches that added biomass to the earth and allowed new growth. Soon after bare hillsides would be dense green, the new shoots. Cold is a whole other thing. Glad you got the woodpile together in time Sis.
Three more of those asteroids struck me today. They landed sweetly. Some old to gold, a nice space in Ja and a key invitation.
Later, turey.
'resses' Where the treasure is hidden.
aha. Right on. Get well soon, Nina.
Turey, hope you are dealing with your transition - what's up?
Zoner: I read your last comment with concern. If you are able to get out and about, let's meet.
It's funny how the challenges we all are faced with are the ones we are NOT best equipped to deal with (it seems to me). For example, I have no problem not drinking too much, or not getting hooked on illegal drugs. I have no problem not shopping for things I don't need. I don't have trouble maintaining a healthy body weight... etc.
But I am terrorized and afflicted by the expectations of others, e.g. my wife. Aha! My weakness is targeted. My wife is concerned about my lack of desire to make lots of money.
But I do want to make money, I told her, but only running my own business, my own thing.
"That's so rigid."
Not really, I say. There are an infinite number of things to do on one's on, as a business.
"You should see a psychologist... have you considered that?"
But I'm not mentally ill. I just don't want to work for other people. Ideally, I want to live on a homestead and provide products and services that interest me to others to pay for that which I can't provide for myself.
"You're extreme..."
Well, as you know, I believe that our culture is insane and extreme... therefore, accusing me of having eccentric or extreme views that are contrary to an insane society doesn't make me feel bad or want to change myself.
In the end, she agreed that she also thinks our society is insane, and that I'm not insane. But she still has the goal of buying a house within a year, and making a certain amount of money. No homestead, no homeschooling the kid. Nope, we're going to do it the old-fashioned way: like all the other clones.
I am going to continue my plans for the post-madness way of life, however, because it's coming whether the dear family wants it to or not.
I have made some progress, because I no longer feel guilty or depressed for feeling and thinking the way I do post-conflict.
thanks for your patience with these boring domestic mini-dramas. Mundane. Of the world. Poke your true self out, and somebody or something is going to smack you back into your cage. Eventually, though, you start to laugh at the robotic predictability of the system's methods.
Yesterday was just another day in the long nightmare, exquisitely beautiful in some spots and horrifying in others... The snow was wind-driven as in old black and white films, Citizen Kane and Wuthering Heights, Brewer's Blackbirds and Quail stark against the white between whiteouts, the fireteacher got trapped on a closed highway with no heat in the rig, over 5 hours at a standstill bumper to bumper, impossible to get to him, impossible for him to leave. At home, I spent hours on the maps sites, wrecks sprinkled far ahead meaning nothing was getting out of there because 10 miles beyond his location there were pileups. He got home, late, whitelipped, whiteknuckled, like the iceman coming in from the artic.
Publius, you've been talking about this issue for a long time, I see you as actually preferring the identity of man against the tides of common reason. The odd man out. How did this happen?
Rasta, we love days like that with good things coming in threes.
You are right about Nature wiping clean the slate for new growth. Are you near West Van? Near the tall misty rain forest? A drop dead beautiful place. I wonder if it is still as thrilling?
It's really snowing here... it's a new world.
When I met my wife, she was a yoga instructor. She's spent a year in Mongolia, teaching and going around on horseback.
Something happened after the child was born, and she also suffered some kind of identity crisis: she wanted a graduate degree of some kind. Once she chose the degree, which she's working on, she chose debt. She also chose what kind of jobs (mainly government) would "make sense" with that degree... Thus, through some mysterious process, our paths have diverged somehow. I've rejected the illusion, and she has embraced it, or at the very least sees it as a useful illusion that will get her what she wants.
Then there's the child... she wants him to have "opportunity," of course, and opportunity to her and most of our demographic certainly does not include the opportunity to reject the mainstream ideas and paths of college-educated, middle-class backgrounded debt serfs.
Make sense? In a way, I have the feeling that some parents of children who have joined a cult must feel. Do you hire Harvey Keitel to kidnap them and reprogram them, or do you just learn patience, kindness and compassion as you do what you can to care for those you are charged with caring for?
I know I am repetitive. I have always made progress in tiny increments, with sudden revolutions or breaks occasionally.
Post a Comment