may a have a little talk with you
Because it won't be long before our true love will be through ...
Its too easy to lose sight of the bigger picture when regional catastrophes use up the lemmings' limited attention span. I certainly sympathize with that my lemmings, being another lemming, sometimes its hard. Only you know and I know where this is leading, its high time the bigger picture is painted. Get this straight, everything that is combusting is because, well, because it is combustible.
What were you up to last weekend? Menu planning on a zero budget? Searching the classifieds that vanished because your physical newspaper is yesterday's ash in the nation's fireplace? Sometimes its hard. But maybe you started out your Saturday with Pepe Escobar's Liquid Wars and followed though to his Asia Times version, Obama's Afghan Spaghetti Western? That would have been a real jolt to your weekend rest and recreation. Trust me, it wasn't the generic coffee. Here we are in Monday at last, no question about it either, plain as day the sun still shines, the Earth still turns and we are at war, of course. We are not winding down, we are not withdrawing, the disease is metastasizing as it spread before, with the same old song still playing we heard on the Waffle Ho's jukebox all those years ago while collecting alligator ashtrays on Souvenir Row... something about the wrong place, no apology, really, it was this other place all along, Eureka, At Last...
The fever is spreading and so my lemmings its time to stick another pushpin on your beaverboard war maps. Or turn off the jukebox, which is a little hard to do because there is no off switch. They saw to that. Eisenhower warned us, but that song didn't do as well on the charts, did it.
It is commonly thought there are many ways to tackle a problem. It is less commonly known there is only one way to achieve a solution to any problem. It is extremely unfortunate that problems of any sort carry a brief window of opportunity in which they can be solved before combusting into greater problems and diseases beyond control. This is THE situation everyone NOT a citizen of the oil rich nations finds themselves. To date the geographic dilemma still appears as 'something going on somewhere else'. You would think the situation dire enough for the bumsters to knock-off their cannibalizing of the lemmings, believe me, gentlemen, the flavor should have lost its appeal by now, those growth hormones are bitter, yes? But no. They will continue it appears, in the same stubborn deadbeat manner they evolved. Sometimes its hard.
You do understand what is at stake? I thought so.
The past few decades have been an international used dumpster parking lot of greed and deceit, indeed its been going on much, much longer than that, but these long years do not show evidence of any real solution. They show many minds working to increase the problem. Blame isn't a solution. Greed and deceit are inflammatory antagonists. And they call it 'foreign policy'. National policy, economic policy, community policy, law enforcement policy ... these are subheads under one policy. It is that one policy that defines the west, broken into divisions, each with warring factions and lower level pretensions, desiring and behaving as if they are peak considerations ... this is not a solution. "Pills" Limbaugh is not a solution. News, on the face of it a word implying something new, which more realistically should be called "Olds", is like the antifreeze in Panamanian toothpaste or sprays of white phosphorus on innocently jaywalking collaterals, again, no solutions there.
Sometimes, I would like to hear the other side speak up. What can they be thinking? Do they see it as the building of global Interstates condemning everything standing in its path? Or do they see it as a religious War of the Worlds? What do they say to each other?
Obviously somebody, somewhere sees what they are doing as the solution or they would not continue. But when you really think about it and take the time to ponder the gravity, especially with an abundance of closed minds unable to consider even briefly that the window of opportunity may already be closed, the outcome does not look good. It may well be true that this sad song has no end. It just goes downhill from here with the vocals deeper and slowing like HAL eternally dysfunctioning in outer space.
29 comments:
Munday again? and that GWOT is still hanging on, expanding even?
Jon Anderson's YES has filled my house this weekend. I hope they have good, soul stirring music to carry them along in Pakistan and Afghanistan (and I don't mean the foreign kids there doing their warring).
Remind us again what is at stake? Really?
If there's a a big picture to be painted, Nina, I trust you'll have some excellent input for the finished product.
I'll see what I can do about the combusting.
Z
All the more reason to live up real, Z. Back to the land, back to love. Leave the noise and love is all there is, ever was and will be.
My antiquated receiver doesn't pick up those broadcasts any more--
Can't tell if they are originals, or repeats and sequels anyway--War of the Worlds Part 39--
I feel the need to pick up Paul Simon's "Graceland" and full-blast it and do some dancin'
Blessings--
Jim (Jj)
Oh Thanks! I've got it. Whew. Gonna slap it on the player.
You know, more and more Orwell takes on some kind of incredible visionary status, I would really like to talk to him about now.
Alas, we grope.
Can anyone explain to me what these backlinks are? I keep seeing posts of Visible's showing up lately. I have no idea what is going on.
One solid explanation will do it, I don't want to detract from our subject. Thanks.
I just posted this over at moon food:
We need to look at what others have done against the imperialists. Let them come ashore. Don't try to make your stand on the beach--I keep getting this "thing" that the first wave of what happens--whatever it will be-- is not the real thing--that comes after the reaction they expect from the sheeple--
if there is no such reaction, or something they don't expect--they won't know which way to turn--simply outlast them like the Vietnamese, Afghanistan, Iraq, it's all the same. Disappear in plain sight and they will get bored, lazy, and sloppy. The time will come.
Not to say you don't do something in a direct confrontation but only if directly confronted--that famous line about "had we met them in the stairwells with pitchforks" comes to mind--
It only takes a slight mention when buying something in a store like: "there goes more taxes to the gov't" and there is a chorus from anyone within earshot about the rotten gov't--it is catching on--people are pissed off and not even trying to hide it like they used to--all ages, etc.
I think people were more scared of Bush and Co. or something--it was palpable--not now, at least not yet-- Interesting--
Have enjoyed many of your comments over time--you are a sick and twisted individual--I like that!!
Jj
The part about Bush and people being scared "back then"--it just encapsulated itself tonight-like bush just fell off the face of the earth--"turns out he was a missing person who nobody missed at all" (thanks Dixie Chicks)I knew there was something different--at least the way people see things/feel things on the surface--of course the fear-mongers want you to think that Obama is going to get rid of guns or whatever, but there is a less "Bushligula" feeling--wonder what the new guy will do/allow to pick up where the last guy left off--definitely time for more booga -booga.......ALL the nigga's is gettin' uppity down on the plantation---and they can't have that---
Nina, by the way, excellent writing in this one--solid stuff!!
George Carlin wrote:
The CIA doesn't kill anybody, they "neutralize" people. Or they "depopulate" an area. The government doesn't lie, it engages in "disinformation". The Pentagon actually measures radiation in something called "sunshine units". Israeli murderers are called "commandos", Arab commandos are called "terrorists". The Contra killers were known as "freedom fighters". Well if crime fighters fight crime and firefighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?
I miss George--
Jj
Nina,
I can't even comment on what is purportedly happening anymore.
Suffice to say I have to leave my minds dominion and try to return to the heart.
But what I can comment on are the paintings 'Arakwaka" and Flags of "Arawaka".
I would love to know more about these. For a few moon phases now, triangles keep coming to be in a significant way. And walking at night I am noticing so many triangular constellations of stars that these eyes never saw before.
And I miss Stevie Ray.
We'll get to see them all again sometime and it will be better.
Dear Su Su, As I mentioned to Jj a while ago, the Arawaks were a peaceful, creative, self-sufficient and childlike people. They loved playing on the beach. The Caribs rowed north from South America and hid in the mountains watching them jealously while mapping out the attack. They won, naturally, cruelly and easily, but to this day, some Caribbean-Arawaks remain since the Arawak women were forced to bear Carib children. This is all well-detailed in Michener's Caribbean, and mostly fact. The only fiction about it is the occasional use of the human interest vehicle to expand on historical fact.
Su, in our next story, The Ship Killer, we have a lone sailor-widower chasing a criminal supertanker, who after many sleepless days and nights begins to see triangles everywhere, in everything, perhaps inspired by the sails of passing dhows.
Nina,
In the top picture 'simple love' there are so many triangles. The windows, the mountains.
Forget the power of three, its the power of one.
Word verification:universt
Apparently the .gov isn't using the term 'War on Terror' anymore ... wonder if they'll be straightup and replace it with the more fitting 'War on People' but of course, we can't expect honesty from these creatures. Whatever they choose to call the war, they beat the war drums over and over ... war they want, war we have, and a greater war will come. What the people want has long since ceased to matter.
Orwell was indeed a visionary. A friend of mine, quite some time ago, whilst he was circling the drain into schizophrenia, became quite obsessed with Orwell. Read everything he wrote, and used to bang on about how we were living in 1984. Of course I thought he was crazy and I was right, he was, but ... he was also right. Orwell himself I believe said one time that 1984 wasn't a warning regarding some possible future dystopia, it was a veiled description of how things really were, and that was back in 1948.
Hahaha, didn't even realize you'd already linked to (basically) the same story. Well, that'll teach me to go writing without reading.
A fine example of the one mind.
Do you think 1948 was the intentional inverse of 1984?
"Ventanas"--is that our Nina, all grown up? There is something soooooo familiar all over that one--I love it--but couldn't tell you why--something from a children's story perhaps---it just reminds me of fairies that come out at night to make magic and giggle--even closer, those who are right in our lives and weave magic--
Jj
I am so glad you like it! You might like Maurice Sendak's Where the Wild Things Are too.
Were you going through the old photo's--noticed a "new" nina attached to a comment thingy--I miss the hat, but, I suppose that change is inevitable---
Jj
Ventanas
stretching above my earthbound home
i try to reach beyond the wires
to place my star
back where it belongs.....
around my feet
lies the clutter
necessary for my survival
a dustbin, a wheelbarrow and that ephemeral piece of bamboo.....
a new chapter in life finds me
less cluttered,
clean water has replaced the trailer
a hosepipe and dog lay by my feet..
the moon is full and
the star is almost in the right position
they coyote howls in pleasure and delight
and the ladder reaches upwards
taking me to heights unknowable.
Before teatime in the hall of Mirrors, I want to pass out some silver galaxies here, sprinkled with much gratitude and delight.
What a way to start out the day. the month, wow. Thanks Jj, SuSu. Thanks!
PS did you hear that Psychegram nailed an Astronomy professorship? clap clap clap speech! clap clap
I was just over at Les' place and just went down the blog links (nobody-ben-etc)and read quite a few--and posted comments--how cool to be able to do that around the world in 15 minutes--and who do I find but Nina and Su everywhere I go--my little angels--how devilish of you--tee hee
Feeling full of mischief today--
Time to go to the Mexican place about 30 minutes away and eat too much--They give you so much food that I bring half home for lunch the next day--
"Got out of town on a boat for the southern islands
Sailing a reach before a following sea
She was making for the trades on the outside
And the downhill run to Papeete Bay
Off the wind on this heading lie the Marquesas
We got eighty feet of the waterline nicely making way
......
when you see the Southern Cross for the first time
You understand now why you came this way
Cuz the truth you might be running from is so small
But it's as big as the promise, the promise of a coming day---
One of my favorite songs--CSNY--Southern Cross
Skipped a few lines but I'm sure you'll forgive me--
Jim (Jj)
Figure that one out....
Where to begin.....
So many of the Eastern Euros
are unemployed and are being sent home.
This goes back to Les.
Throw a lot of water on me, I am
so angry.
You saw it.... you saw it in London.
And as Les showed,the monsters who "represent" us.
Enough to make you vomit.
I am trying to "concentrate" -- to "concentrate" at seed -- I have tomatoes out, peppers (oh I love them), squash, beans, and all the rest. G20--- F*** you! I have MY Garden!!! And you will pry it away from my dead cold fingers as the gun people say!
This and Les's websites are the most wholesome I know of right now.
From weeks of ibogaine & ketamine experience over the past week down here at Mexico in the clinica, I can not give you all any better experience or advice than the great Voltaire gave you 250 years ago:
"Il faut cultiver notre jardin."
Cultivate your gardens, and make sure they do not use GMO seeds!
I will tell you that we are coming into a horrible patch, with or without sunspots, and you should learn the art of canning and preservation if you do not already have that art.
The problem you are having is that of harboring expectation. Stop expecting and try to see it as it actually exists - beyond hopes, wishes, desires, wants and beliefs. Then it can't hurt and confuse. It is outside of you - not in you, not of you, yourself.
Enjoy your garden, it is not a victory garden, victory is a myth, the garden is your survival. Throw your water there.
I am planting now.I'd like to see that manure lady with the jar on her head as one of your earlier readers had suggested. ! Maybe because I have just spread 600 lbs.of manure or thereabouts.
You do not have to publish this and I would suggest you do not do so. I am stung by Les V. suggesting I am a narc. I only said that I was at a clinic in Mexico, an ibogaine clinic, and he blasted me and accused me of being a narc. That stung. Why would he have done that? I can only assume he gets a lot of harassment for his blog and so is paranoid.
At any rate, I enjoy your art work and it is about the best I have seen. I don't mean to be "comparative" but that's what America offers. A Lot of your "light" work reminds me of Georgia O'Keefe. She similarly was working in the same light as you. The light is very apparent in your work, I mean, the light we live with at this latitude.
Georgia O'Keefe is one of my primary heros from earliest memory to the present. I am grateful you mention my work in the same breath as her's. Its not the light as much as its the spirit, I think, and I have often thought on it. But since you mention the light, I will take another look. Thanks!
Tex, I don't recall ever having seen Visible say what you mentioned. Please direct me to the exact passage. Perhaps there has been a misinterpretation?
Great post. Just discovered your blog.
I've always thought artists have the best take on the world.
I'm gonna be a follower!
Publius: Thank you for going to the trouble to post your kind remarks. You are definitely welcome here. I have a soft spot for those of us with children. Sending a hug to Eero.
Post a Comment