D E E P I N T O A R T L I F E WEST

Monday, March 02, 2009

chiaroscuro

My roomate, the Firekeeper, brought up the most interesting observation this evening, that being all these troops will be arriving home to no jobs. Yes, welcome home sons and daughters, many of you can expect to spend your days idling in relief lines. After your participation in the clash of civilizations, surely you are wondering what glory awaits you in the new Bernie Madoff economy, the suckling AIGs bailout economy, the crash and collapse economy, the end of days economy and however else the economy as of late is bleached. I would love to tell you everyone will be eager to employ you, and certainly some will, just not in the way you were hoping. Nor do we know if your memory of what once was will ever again be anything remotely resembling what you imagined it to be while you were away. I can tell you only that what you will see is what you will get, a.k.a. wysiwyg. But with such training as you have no doubt received, law enforcement, corporate prisons or merc outfits could very well be interested. Did you start out from nothing, expecting to see some action, pay for college perhaps and insure your medical needs would be met post haste? Well, did you ever get that recruitment bonus? What you are really going to be doing when you come home, if you still have a home, is facing the same situation the whole country is facing along with the majority of our global fellows. Its not a pretty picture. Its a huge watercolor landscape melting under the weight of karma. While you've been on the frontlines, the rug was sold out from beneath our feet, the food chain was poisoned and the future revised to exclude everyone except a mere few prepared to ride it out in underground bunkers until the planet cools down enough to support life again, just how long that could be is anybody's guess. Ten million years? And you thought you'd seen it all? Its the prolonged agony of resource depletion that is working against a return to something that wasn't all that healthy to begin with. We're just beginning the descent on the downside of the bell curve simultaneous to a slight increase in temperature. But the problem with descending is its likeness to sliding downhill on a rollercoaster. One moment you are teetering at the top of the world and the next, there it goes. In the likely event you are suffering from PTSD, you'll have lots of company since the same trauma is increasingly affecting everyone else each day and each long, sleepless night. Some more than others, some not at all, most blame it on anything handy to lessen the pain thinking erroneously and selfishly that by not acknowledging the situation, it is not happening or worse, it can be put off into the distant future that does not specifically concern them.

UPDATE 03.03.09: Here is the key, its up to you to open the door and walk into the light. Go in Grace. Everything Out of Control is Under Control

52 comments:

psychegram said...

Getting an entire generation of the young, tough and full of testosterone psychologically broken through prolonged exposure to combat was and is, I think, one of the major goals of those foreign wars. It was never about conquering foreign lands, and all about building an army willing and able to conquer the homeland. Just like the Roman army expanded the Republic's Empire for 500 years, until Julius Caeser took a massive force with him for an unprecedented 10 years, ostensibly to conquer Gaul but we all know what he did with those men when he finally brought them home.

Modern warfare's a hell of a lot more hellish than Gaul ever could have been, though. Of those who return, a good number will be so shell-shocked (as they used to say) as to be useless for oppressing anyone. And never forget that they were lured over there with lies. Many will have seen those lies, and rejected them, and you can bet they won't be any friends of the liars. Of course there will be many, too, who consciously throw in their lot with the PTB, either because they're born psychopaths or the crucible of combat made them so.

Well, every age has its demons. But look at it this way: the forces of darkness rely on lies, and so the only people who will help them (aside from the inherently dark) are those foolish enough to believe those lies. That's why in the movies the evil henchmen are always halfway retarded. There's some truth in that. And under the banner of truth the truly competent and virtuous (in the full sense of the word) shall gather.

Anonymous said...

Hi Randall,
I just read an article in the local shopper newspaper here that the OSU (Ohio State University) Extension office is trying to get a survey completed by everyone in the county as to what veggies and fruit they grow--they tried doing something like this just before the National Animal ID thing started too-to get, especially the amish to get a "survey" of all the animals in the county--just for fun though in case the "Might" need the data in the future-the second I read it, I knew something was up and it didn't smell good--
They are also trying to be the go between for local growers in order to promote "Agriculture" here in the county and market it--me thinks me smell a rat--a big government one--
We attended an open house they had about the ID thing and tore the ag agent a new one--he didn't know what hit him--lots of questions for us from the amish after that one--the ag agent kept trying to get our names "just for the record" but to no avail--we even waited until he left (he beat a hasty exit) so he wouldn't get our license plates--hit and run baby, hit and run!!!!!

Jj

Anonymous said...

Nina, I wrote this and posted it at les's latest Origami after I read it and saw your comment
Inspired:

You are the comet seeking to break the bounds of earth
And join the clarity of the universe
Vastness pales in it’s light
In all of it’s goodness

And thereby become one with it
As we always have been

Acceptance

Gratitude

We are the tail
Pulled along
Yet one with the comet
Inseparable
By design
Urging it on
Streaking madly
Just for the sheer joy
Of the ride

What is behind is behind
What lay ahead
Purity
Of Oneness
Of Consciousness

Mainlined baby

Magical
My friend
Together
In truth

The incredible lightness of
Being
Just being

Is all there is
And needs to be

Inspired

Jj

psychegram said...

Yeah, they absolutely want to shut down independent production of food and medicine. No point trying to poison us with pharmaceuticals and processed 'food' if everyone starts growing their own herbs and veggies.

Fantastic work, Jj. Fight the good fight!

Nina, I just realized I forgot to complement you on your iridescent Hell for Bad Cows. My God, what a technique.

nina said...

psychegram, Danerd made such a fuss about it yesterday, I wanted to surprise him. I am humbled you like it too. Tiny joys can make the darkness a little brighter.

That particular work is kind of magical and mysterious in that I was journeying though unknown territory concentrating hard on a Visible Origami piece running line for line every step along the way when the decrepit slaughterhouse burst into view. It must have been put there intentionally. There are railroad freight lifts in the distance. It is the valley of the shadow come to life.

Have I ever told you how much I like your work and your posts? Well, I do, very much and they come back to me time and again offline. I saw your first one very early today and its been in my head ever since. You know that term "the spoils of war" doesn't just mean loot and land, it also means the spoiling of what could have been for millions denied the opportunity to just live, to maybe enjoy building strawbale workshops with their Dads...
Thank you for your fine contributions on these pages.

nina said...

The Monsanto monster and its fraternal ilk have their lobbyists clawing into local politics with all their blood money and clout leaving a trail of tears everywhere it seems: The Largest Wave of Suicides in History
Note we don't hear anything about
the giant genetic modifiers' quarterly losses - or gains. You ever wonder why that is?

Anonymous said...

the slaughterhouse rusted...cows still live in green pastures--be a dairy cow--it ain't bad!!

Jj

Anonymous said...

Nina:

Hey I didn't really make a fuss did I? Want to sell it? :>)

Man a few months ago, I was playing WOW, yeah I admit it, was fun for a while, but so tired of all the violence, anyway...

Was on vent, you know ventrilo, it's a real time voice chat thingy...

A bunch of the guys were on vent and knew each other from the air force, so I asked them, what would you do if the military asked you to take up arms against Americans, and they pretty much said, "well if they were breaking the law..."

I'm like omg, do you realize what you are saying? I think they are programing those kids.

Should be an interesting summer.


P.S. linked that painting to everyone on my email, sorry, had to do it.

nina said...

Okay, okay, getting down to business here. First up, Dadnerd, please accept my apology for the typo in my post to Psychegram.

Next, Michael's story about his workshop in the slaughterhouse was also part of the reason for mainlining hell for bad cows. Michael has lots of good stories, although Fly Diva is still my favorite.

Jim, your Inspiration inspires. I am looking forward to your take on A Love Supreme. As a huge Stevie Ray fan, our musical tastes probably run along the same notes. I guess that makes us twin flutes, hunh.

More to come as soon as I give our dinnerplates to the dog dishwashers. Jake has learned to share my posting stool and is breathing down my neck in anticipation. Its a little weird.

nina said...

The comments are really excellent today by the way. Now, Randall, your recent remarks on the last thread are just amazing. Thank you so much for the compliment. Not compromising is a key element to inspiration. Whatever it is that is being done, is done purely and comes about through an unnameable force for which we are just the means of expression. I was reviewing Origami archives earlier reviewing where Les likened it to meditation. This is true. As an artist yourself, I sense you must know exactly what I am saying. Its never the world outside, its the force working from within.

I am seriously bummed by the big ag situation. We had no air problem, now the smog from their blotting out the little guys is wedged in our formerly pristine canyons. Then their lobbyists pushed through mandatory pasteurization against the almond growers based on the remote possibility a worm on the ground might carry Salmonella to a fallen almond. Now, all the suddenly very expensive almonds are microwaved by law. Besides the new processes, after the bees vanished, the growers are forced to rent bees to pollinate their orchards at $350 per acre which is disastrous for 500 acre orchards.

psychegram said...

Nina:

-blush-
-grin-

Thanks. That meant a lot.

Dadnerd:

That's terrifying. Not so much that you played WoW (hey, we all have our vices), but those USAF guys ... shit. Just how many of them have accepted the programming? Enough to make things interesting indeed, no doubt.

Glad I'm Canadian. Our soldiers aren't quite as brainwashed (I've known enough to know), and there aren't nearly so many of them. My heart goes out to you guys, not just for that but for what Monsanto's bribing the guv to do to your food supply ... can't help but wonder if those three new bills won't be the straw breaking the camel's back, revolt-wise. I know violence isn't the answer but it's hard, sometimes, not to want to see those criminals hang high. And no, I'm not talking about the same people Dadnerd's air force acquaintances were....

Anonymous said...

psychegram

By coincidence I'm heading your way in a few weeks. Ottawa. It's more personal that political, but I'm looking forward to the adventure.

It's not like I'm abandoning ship or anything. I almost feel guilty leaving this train wreck.

Meantime we have that Stephen Harper dude to contend with eh?

Anonymous said...

Nina, don't mean to patronize you, but this painting is possibly the most impressive thing I've ever seen.
I'm going to analyze it. I know artists aren't wild about that but...

Okay the composition, no reason to discuss that because it is dead on.

Pastel, just kills me, the colors are dreamy.

I've played with painting in oil, you can fix anything, but not watercolor. This was done in one fell swoop.

The image.

Strange unexplainable things going on, the ladder leading up to a tower, for no apparent reason. The mystery starts there but...what's that strange thing in the background? So there is mystery in this image.
The rectangular windows and doorways. Those two upper windows in the center, with, what rust dripping down or blood? Can't be blood.

The rusty tin roof.

The "pink" upper level running from right to center, that's what really kills me.

The overgrown grass in the foreground.

This is a masterpiece.

Mystery, composition, color. I'm dying here, hehe. Sorry I don't usually get carried away with paintings like this. Just hope you know what you've created here.

psychegram said...

Dadnerd,

Hope you enjoy your trip. Been spending a lot of time in Ottawa lately myself (visiting my Dad in the hospital). To be honest I have an abiding and long-standing hatred for that town. Museums are nice, though.

Anonymous said...

well, our friend got divorced this morning--i was on recon in the area just in case the "Pinhead" reared his ugly head outside the courtroom--he didn't and drove out of town at a high rate of speed--
i went on youtube and listened to some of the jazz you recommended--i see what you mean about jarrett--sweet sounds-never in a hurry-will be back for more later on today when things settle in--
I also used to be a "roadie" for a sound company in my late teens and early twenties--traveled the country and one of our "clients" was George Benson--wonderfully clean sound but not smoky/sultry enough for me now--he was a little too commercial in my mind--
I think I'm heading into an instrumental phase now--don't want the complication(s) of lyrics--sometimes they add, but just as often, they take away--

Jj

nina said...

Dadnerd, all mistakes are fixable. What you have to do is put on your Zen head and slow down. Then reeeealy concentrate on the act. The only times I have given up is when I lost interest. Look closely at transmontane furthur down the page. Underneath that sky is a half bottle of spilled black india ink. However, the interest was so intense, I just worked it into the pastel sky as it actually often exists. Stuff happens, the trick is dealing with it as is true about anything in life. If an artist in any medium thought all was lost in the accidents, they would not be an artist at all. They would be a coward.

nina said...

Right on Jj. Keith ain't no coward. He's got this gospel/blues thing mingled with Bach, timeless spirituality. See if you an get your ears around his works pre-Koln Concerts.

Thanks for the update too.

Skye said...

You know Nina, somehow I get the feeling that the American troops will be coming to Canada and Canadian troops will be in America to "keep the peace" so to speak. I do believe it will be easier for Canadians to arrest Americans and vise versa, for "illegalities" than it would be for them to arrest their own.

my word verification is "Torch", that could be held to in several ways. For example, you could carry the torch for true democracy and freedom of speech, or you could torch the existing governmental b.s. in order to get things stabelized, whatever. A torch can certainly be used for many things!

notamobster said...

outchonNina - this was beautifully written. I'm glad you brought the issue up. I hope my comments below, will generate much discussion.

"Modern warfare's a hell of a lot more hellish than Gaul ever could have been, though. Of those who return, a good number will be so shell-shocked (as they used to say) as to be useless for oppressing anyone." ~Psychegram

Modern Warfare is much, much less personal than it was back in the day. Imagine the difference to your psyche, between running someone through with a long blade and having to pry it from their soft tissue, the stench of entrails, and endless spattering of blood... in your eyes, your mouth, covering your face. Every which way you turn, the writhing faces of tormented young men, screaming in agony as they slowly bleed to death....

and

Now, fast-forward to 2005 - you're posted-up 120 meters from your target. His face may or may not be visible, you adjust for windage, find that "sweet-spot",take a deep breath, initiate your squeeze, feel the tension build on your trigger (at this point every sensation is amplified as the world fades away - there is nothing left but you and your "target"), release half of your breath and... he drops to the ground. You don't have to see his face. You don't have to hear him screaming. You've done this a thousand times in the woods back in Wisconsin.

Or maybe, you're sitting in the gunners seat on the C-130 U Model gunship. The order comes, in that squawk that only comes from a Dave Clark inside an unpressurized aircraft: "you're clear to engage"

You repeat the order: "clear to engage. roger." You look once more at the "all TV" screen in front of you - completely disconnected from the target and declare: "105. . . fire!" and the entire aircraft shudders as it unleashes your proud "Death from above". You watch as the green-glowing truck bursts into a fireball reminiscent of that Hollywood movie you watched in the tent last night. You have accomplished your mission of "Close Air Support" - another unit saved, 6 more men going home to their families...

Do you see how easy it is to convince someone that what they're doing is right? The career fields in the military are highly compartmentalized for a reason. Each and every soldier, marine, airmen, and sailor has his job - his mission and if he does it right, he and his buddies (and his buddies by extension; comrades-in-arms) get to go home - Heroes.

Take those same people and put them on the streets of America. Give them orders and tell them as little as possible, but ensure you tell them that the enemy they are fighting, is the enemy of liberty; wrap it in a flag and you have them - mind, body, and soul...

check this out and you'll see how readily they will take up arms against us... (this sheep mindset is why I got out of the USAF):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm5PC7z79-8&feature=related

LOVE TO ALL

NOTA

notamobster said...

"outchon" was my verification word, I don't know how it got on my comment... sorry

psychegram said...

nota:

When I said modern warfare was worse, I wasn't talking so much about battle per se. No doubt about it, up close and personal is it's own kind of intense. Then again, back then you didn't have to worry about an IED or a mortar shell or a sniper taking you out at any moment, so you could relax a little so long as you weren't in formation and getting ready to mix it up. It's that moment-by-moment stress that gives rise to the PTSD, or so I'm told.

That said, you make an excellent point. Modern warfare is impersonal, very compartmentalized, and that will be a huge factor in making martial law a reality.

That NO video was chilling. Those guys didn't want to follow those orders ... but they still did. How many others will?

Anonymous said...

Nina

I used to dabble back in the day. Was almost good enough to do it for a living. Must be 35 years now, since the last time I held the brush.

I think it was therapy. Dropped everything at once, my religion, children wife, everything, it was quite a time actually.The one painting I did that I really loved was so spontaneous. And something like watercolor although I used oil thinned down. I took a photo of it and gave it away. Glad I kept the photo though, it reflects all the anguish and feelings of the time.

nina said...

From muskets to LCDs, face-to-face to the other side of the globe...
Marine Corps Gazette
October 1989, Pages 22-26, The Changing Face of War: Into the Fourth Generation

from Outchon

nina said...

Could be Skye. I hope it never comes to that. But perhaps this is why the Mexican Army showed up in NOLA.

nina said...

NOTA, my sweet, you sure make one helluva post. You know, they operate the drones out of Nellis, just north of Vegas, on computer screens. Kinda makes you think of the Monkeysphere, doesn't it? Past 100-150 people who gives a damn? Besides, when you're 18 playing vids, the whole point it to level up.
They use the drones thermal imaging technology also to locate escapees from the state's correctional holding tank. Found one under the highway in a dry waterpipe. He scanned in as a red outline.
But I wanted to know why they don't use the drone technology to find people lost in the snow, like that Japanese tech editor, or Steve Fosset?
Love to you too,
outchon

For our newer visitors: What is the Monkeysphere

nina said...

They could have found everybody under the Twin Towers using drone thermal imaging for that matter.

nina said...

Dadnerd, I'd very much like to see that painting. Got a link?

Anonymous said...

Nina

I'll send it to you. I feel I should explain how I arrived at the painting, but I'd much rather hear your interpretation.

Anonymous said...

Duh can't find your email anywhere, smart move.

Mine is corenerd@yahoo.com

So just how close to Salinas Valley are you in Steinbeck country. No need to reply, but I lived in Salinas for a while. The wind, oh my god. And all the nice walks along the lettuce fields. Was only there because Monterey was too expensive.

The whole bay area is one of the most beautiful in the country. But I'm picturing you more east, over the hills, down in the big valley. And I know that is a combine in the distance, hehe.

nina said...

I'm in the mountains this year. It is awesome. Breathtaking most days. When I'm not painting, I take off exploring. Its just endless. My email is on my profile now. This is how much I wanted to see your painting. Thanks Dadnerd. Looking forward to seeing it.

Anonymous said...

Oh well in the meantime I made a quick Flickr account hehe.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36137078@N08/3332713324/

Anonymous said...

You mention the mountains over there and a good old memory comes to mind. There I was in my favorite of all places, Yosemite National Park. You somehow have to blot out all the silly tourists, but the place is so sweet...

I got hungry and went to one of the concession stands there, and was sitting there eating. In my left hand was a bag of French fries and I was eating them with my right hand, being completely un-artistic and right handed, anyway...

A Stellars Jay landed on my left arm and stood there for a few seconds. Everyone around was laughing and thinking how cute it was just before he jumped up and stole one of my fries, and flew off. Naturally everyone laughed and so did I.
One of the many wonderful encounters I've had with animals.

I love that place, need to get back there soon.

Anonymous said...

Harder to find: take some of those survival foil blankets--a few bucks each at wal mart or a camping store, hot glue, or sew them in between two wool blankets (you can also use spray glue) and wet the blankets down with water--holds your heat signature in quite well--works extremely well in the summer when your body temp is closer to the air temp--you can also do the same thing regarding magnetic/microwave imaging using old vcr tapes--get 2 of the "space blankets" mentioned above--lay one out--apply spray glue--sprinkle the cut pieces of vcr tape evenly but sporadically--sandwich with the other space blanket and put a camo tarp or blanket over the top and you're fairly invisible and will stay warm at night--you can also dig a human sized hole to lay in and cover it with a piece of plywood coated the same way or string rope in a web over the hole and use tent pegs to tie the rope to-place one of your custom built tarps over the hole--preferably using a waterproof tarp-use a nice branch slightly longer than the length of the hole and be sure the tarp is laid over it-weigh the edges down with rock/dirt/branches-it will be enough of a "lift inverted V" (the branch you ran lengthwise over the hole)to let rain water roll off--tarps, as with most things break down more through sunlight than weather--in the woods is perfect--always high ground just below a ridge line--
wow, how did I know that---tee hee--

Jj

My verification word is "right"

Anonymous said...

dadnerd:your flickr link
the "feminine" and "masculine" jumped out at me equally--there is a sadness in the eyes that makes me think our fucking up as a race/people has an effect on all that is--hmmmm
thought commenting here was more appropriate--i could never hang this in my living room--it has too much guilt in it for me to stomach--hope that's not too raw of a comment--but I call em' as I sees em'--

Jj

nina said...

Red, Shine and Shadow, the Portrait

A young man looks at his life gone to hell
Experiencing sadness at the separations
Doubt was his companion
Silence, the ambient enemy.
Eyebrow raised, the skeptic resolves
Moving past, moving on.
In the singularity of his self-possession
He wills love come forth,
Strangled, now he breathes the measured breath
of a man who put away his childish toys.

nina said...

Su, come in, Su, beeping Desmond Su Su ...

nina said...

Dadnerd, I do believe from long observation, the Western Blues Jays are Avian Enforcement. The Stellars are the monarchy. You were very fortunate to have been selected, fries or not.

notamobster said...

Nina, et al:
This is one of my emails sent out today, to a group who like to keep up with the times. I was frustrated because no one showed up at a town hall meeting with US Senator David Vitter, this morning. We're on the most dangerous precipice this nation has faced since it's founding and the facking mouthbreathers can't be bothered to keep their reps in check! Anywho, here it is(check all the links. Solid!):
****************************

I TOOK THE TIME TO FIND THESE REFERENCES FOR YOU, PLEASE DO ME THE COURTESY OF READING THE LINKS...
WITH ALL OF THE SECRECY IN OUR GOVERNMENT, THE FAST TRACKING OF TRILLIONS IN LEGISLATION, A COMMUNIST IN CHARGE... YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BE OUTRAGED
BUT YOU WON'T BE. YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR CONGRESSMEN, BUT YOU WON'T! YOU SHOULD STAND AND DECLARE THAT YOU WANT YOUR STATE TO DECLARE IT'S SOVEREIGNTY UNDER THE 9TH AND 10TH AMENDMENTS, BUT YOU WON'T... AND WHEN THE SHIT HITS THE FAN FOR REAL, YOU'LL WONDER WHY NO ONE SPOKE OUT.

I DO MY OWN THING AND PREPARE, BUT I WILL CONTINUE TO UPHOLD THE OATH I HAVE SWORN IN THE MILITARY AND AS A POLICE OFFICER; TO "SUPPORT AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC" - THE TIME TO ACT IS NOW, WHILE THERE IS STILL PEACE AND AN OPPORTUNITY TO REDRESS GRIEVANCES. IT MAY BE FUTILE, BUT AT LEAST YOU WILL HAVE TAKEN THE PEACEFUL COURSE TAKEN BY THE FOUNDERS, BEFORE IT COMES DOWN TO TAKING THE OTHER COURSE CHOSEN BY THE FOUNDERS...

Clergy Response Teams:

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=6937987

2 minute video news report from KSLA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iMhgGvweLM

FEMA Camp Information:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f03zZA___Ho&eurl=http://www.roguegovernment.com/Ron_Paul_Helps_Glenn_Beck_Debunk_FEMA_Camps/14611/0/13/13/Y/M.html

KBR/Halliburton contract to build camps:
http://www.kbr.com/news/2006/govnews_060124.aspx

FEMA researching mass transport via train:
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/02/12/america/Disasters-Trains.php

HR 645 "National Emergency Centers Act":
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-645

USAR 210-35 (civilian inmate labor program):
http://www.army.mil/usapa/epubs/pdf/r210_35.pdf

nina said...

What are we doing in Afghanistan?
Why did Clinton repeal Glass Stegall?
To what real purpose did Bush remove states' prohibitions against predatory lending? Exactly why was posse comitatus suspended? How many years of how many Ponzi schemes have been taking place while citizens believed otherwise?
Of course, years ago, we never dreamed in our wildest imaginations ... and yet, if not within our lifetimes it would have been in somebody else's lifetime, and we don't want to leave it for them, our children, do we, so better it all come out now.
Let us be a better people, wiser and sustainable, let us show our kids just how that works. You know very well they take priority over anything else, no-matter-what.

notamobster said...

You know what, Outchon... I agree with the whole of my heart. I don't want my children's, children to live their entire existence in debt servitude, to have it all crash down upon them. We are so much better suited for the task of bearing this brunt, than they will be a generation or two, down the road.

Plus, as things get progressively worse my children will be those sweet roses who grow up through the concrete... Yes, their lives will be harder than they could have been, but "in life's book of war, that which does not kill me, can only make me stronger". Succeeding generations will be much stronger as a result of suffering than they would with the current protection from all things adverse.

Herbet Spencer said: "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of their folly, is to fill the world with fools!"

Hopefully, we can adjust the balance and teach our children how to survive, honor intact through times of great struggle.

(word is "peturnsm" - paternalism?)

Anonymous said...

Les,
You got your shoulders absconded and I got a glare plastered on my forehead.
You had the rain and we are having some pretty impressive fires.
Temperatures so high and winds gusting.
So right now my survival is immediate, can the firefighters keep this fire away from this village with one road in.
I don't know, at this stage I don't know if I really care.
I just hope nature takes us out before the psychopaths do.
Don't know about you but a natural disaster (and that means without Haarp) seems far more preferable than being some cannon fodder to build up some country's financial status.
Fuck them all, I think its time we all had some fun.
Su

A Su post at mirrors--must have her hands full--
Jj

Anonymous said...

Nina

You totally hit it, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Jj

Funny about 15 years ago, I called the woman who has that painting, and the first thing out of her mouth was, "you can't have that painting back" hehe. She got married and the thing was put up in the attic.

I know what you mean, it's not the kinda thing to hang on a living room wall.

I guess in some ways all art can be therapeutic. Whether making it or observing it.

Imagine abandoning everything you depended on. No ground to stand on, chaos. It's a good place actually, being comfortable in the void.

nina said...

Yes, NOTA, yes. We must not fear but keep on. It is grim, in fact we understand the worst is yet to come. Can you possibly imagine if left to bloat and swell how even more drastic it could get? We are living inside of it, but in the future our children will definitely want to know what happened only to be met with decades of corporatized fabrications and phony commissions' lobbied conclusions IF they could get any answers at all. Likely they would not be in a position to ask. And those born into it in the future would never have the opportunity to know anything other than what exists all around them was ever any different, that words and laws had other meanings and intent. There are thousands of examples I could mention that are at risk of vanishing if this brazen conquering force continues trampling against all reason. What if all anyone had to do was tag a supposed foe "a foot tapper"? That's where we are now. Lost in a pills Limbaugh diversion, unemployed system scammers cloning eight at a shot, training one hundred and eighty thousand young people in genocide by joystick, everybody else ripped off and left face down in the 9th Wards of planet Earth.
This is a heavy time, we've chosen that which is of greatest value. Either the truth will out, which is right and necessary, or hyperinflation will take us all to the next level of anguish.

BTW, that essay on the Pope, well, I'll comment over there.

Your friend, Outchon

nina said...

Jj, Indeed, concerned about Su. I've been in those things, evacuated, etc. Nasty, scary and you get to see it marching toward you days in advance. That's when you get your head on real straight and the idiocy of stuff like a WOT melts away like pink webs crystallized on a rusty cotton candy machine. I'm gonna email.

Anonymous said...

So my cousin sent me a link to some cool dust art and it reminded me of one I did back in 2000.

My friend from work ,Bruce had a full, crazy head of red hair. And he had to drive everyday down a dirt road to come to work. So on the back of his camper window I started drawing a characature (sp) of him. At the time I actually had a web page I was playing with and was documenting the whole thing. Everyday as a new layer of dust settled I was able to do some good shadowing etc...

One day he comes in and he had shaved his head bald. So I erased all the hair off his dust art. The only picture I could find was the last one.

Thought you might be amused by it.

You can ban me from your blog anytime you want, I would understand, hehe.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36137078@N08/3334058615/

nina said...

Hey, c'mon, dust art is a wonderful medium. You took it to a new level I have not seen. Most people only do it as protest or identity art as in the driver of this vehicle is a Bushlicker or Wal*Mart Sucks.

nina said...

UPDATE: Susana is okay, for now. If there should be material losses in the fires, I will do a drive here to send her helpful basic items of most urgent need. This may or may not be necessary. Stay tuned. Thank you.

notamobster said...

http://cryptogon.com/?p=7362

US Govt to shut down individual farmers/ farmers markets

I realize most of you know about this already, but for those who don't...this is change you canbelieve in!

notamobster said...

Oh, my dear, sweet, lovely Nina:

I thought the barnboards were your masterwork... you have enraptured me with this latest window of opportunity. The color choices, and sharp angles - I think I may have just tinkled on myself out of gleeful exuberance....

All of your works are nice, but some are absolutely captivating. This one knocks it out of the park!!!

notamobster said...

I just went and looked at it again
and noticed while looking, that my head was tilted upward. Perception is what makes art ignite one soul, while leaving another flameless... The mastery with which you painted that, actually tricked my mind that I needed to look up at the overhang and the second floor.

Brilliant!

nina said...

NOTA, honeyboy, I thought this one just might appeal to you. Ahhh, you make it all worthwhile. While I didn't tinkle on myself, I did jump all over the house exclaiming I've made a breakthrough!
Your further analysis is remarkable, very true, you Dude really SEE.
Thank you.
Love, Outchon