D E E P I N T O A R T L I F E WEST

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

framing with archival gloss

What did they do, give away lifetime no-bid contracts to the old Message Force Multipliers? Geeze, we're under siege these days, anyone got earplugs? I thought this was supposed to be a different administration, but you have noticed it is not. When we unglued our bodies from our cushy internet barstools long enough to actually get out there and investigate Premier Systems' black boxes while simultaneously examining the Watusi cattle waiting in line with us, what were we doing? We were endorsing GM seeds is what we were doing. We were blackening little ovals representing death to the food chain is what we were doing, coloring in little mud cookies, tattooing on paper our complicity in the Doomsday Vault's seedbank is what we were doing.
Wasn't there something about "change you can believe in"? What is it to believe anyway, but wishful thinking, hope that something may happen that was either going to happen anyway or not happen at all (against all hope). Hope is just another dark color in the con artist's palette. Hope makes everybody do things they would not do, but for misplaced trust dangled before their fragile desiring minds to see something be what it is not and never can be what they want. Hope is expectation with a twist, that twist being "improvement on reality", like bariatric surgery will win friends and influence people or make Nadya Suleman a United Nations representative for orphaned children starring in her own Dr. Spock version of The View. Hope is wishing you are somebody else, somewhere else. Hope is wanting something other than what you have. Hope is not altruism. Hope is a lie and will turn on you in its own time which is never your time.

It looks as if certain members of the previous administration are very close to getting nailed because they have all their favorite errand boys muscling their ways onto the airwaves wanting the Watusi cattle to know war works and they won, thanks to their bosses' prescient surgical strategy. They are building a court case, wouldn't you say? They would do that. Advertising evil as righteousness is the general hallmark of con artists just as lacking conscience is the hallmark of psychopaths. But will crisis management work in their favor this time? Only if the Bond Holders are distracted, which is about as likely as Madoff's victims deducting their losses on their income tax returns, although some will do it with high hopes since they are allowed to do that and allowed to hope.

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being a Usenet junky my favorite group is alt.binaries.documentaries.

Just watched the BBC doc called the century of the self. Sure wish the US would present good stuff like this. All we get is garbage.

I know I've seen this before, but found it informative this time around. For anyone who has not seen this, very interesting. Shows just how the whole propaganda thing including public relations got started.

I'm overlaying that with another flick called secrets of the CIA, and the most recent Alex Jones flick called the obama deception.

Sounds like sensory overload but an interesting combination to be hit with at once.

I think Youtube has all these films.

Change we can believe in, hehe. Doesn't that sound like a Madison avenue slogan?

Anonymous said...

Hey Nina:

Check out this photo I took a few years ago. It's your fault I got Flickr, hehe. Anyway this thing is creepy, but all I did was add the eye.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36137078@N08/3363907117/

Anonymous said...

Love the holders of letters of love
demands of hate, each with a hole in front and a hole at the back. Would like to lie on the other side of the road for a day and just imbibe the scene as you have created it.

nina said...

I hardly know what to say, we are at a point of such disgust. Not that its new, its just so out in front of our faces now. This is so we are distracted from the greater evils.

verification word: manur

nina said...

Su, do you ever get up to Tanzania?
Considering my ongoing fascination with Lovebirds and the Watusi, I must go there someday. Or, maybe I was there already. Maybe we were Masai herders on the plain. Ahhh, yes, that's it.

Dadnerd, Nature has agazillion surprises all the time, always something to ponder, to address, to marvel on. Your photo is so interesting. Thank you.

nina said...

Oh, wait, what I commented in the earlier post about distraction from greater evils.... that isn't it. We are distracted from the greatest beauties! Yes, recall the recent mental flounderings experienced by the various spiritual minds among us? The slips along the Path? The questions, the disenchantments, the blocking of the flow of love and awe, well, absorb enough distracting negative energy and that will do it alright.

Anonymous said...

well, time to start growing our own tobacco here in ohio--we buy bag tobacco and roll our own with cigarette tubes--used to cost about 8-9.00 per carton--now, as of april 1, they are raising the price per bag and adding a butt-load of state and fed taxes onto it--a bag that used to cost 15.00 will, after april 1, cost about 70.00--but it's OK, it's for the children--seems that the tax money will go to fund SCHIP insurance for poor kids (isn't that everyones kids these days)--not that stopping foreign aid, stopping wars, and reducing the military wouldn't do that but heck, let's put smokers in a cage so we can laugh at them--no problem though, we plan on growing our own and smoking hawthorne berry leaves--already make heart tincture every year from the berries--gosh, I feel like such an outcast--lol
The one thing they are going to succeed at is going to be creating a thriving non-taxable underground economy--they are simply forcing people into it--so much easier when people are talking about--fuck-the-gov't right out in the open and don't care who is listening--I am hearing people more and more around town--for whatever it's worth--I'll bet grocers will be bitching that people aren't buying more marked-up veggies at the bloated supermarkets--more underground--I see this as a positive thing--more self-reliance--

Jj

Anonymous said...

I always felt that the political world was a bit superficial, shall I say childish. Politicians were basically clowns wanting to get reelected no matter what the cost. What serious person would spend two minutes listening to them? Aside from local politics where it is understandable that people wanted their particular issues dealt with, I understand that.

After 9-11 I realized that maybe we should take these fools seriously. Somebody was desperate. And it wasn't some far off Muslims either, that was pretty obvious from the start. Okay I agree, they had my attention.

There are so many fundamental issues facing us and now and yet we have to deal with the mundane. They have our attention. We are always forced to deal with the lowest common denominator. Even if the mainstream belief was true regarding 9-11, that somehow fundamentalist radicals outwitted the most advanced military in history, a military response was so totally inappropriate. And any responsible government would never try to scare the public by daily reminders of those evil people that want to kill us all. No, the response would have been to deal with the supposed threat quietly, covertly. Placate the population. Make us feel safe. Why are they wanting us to feel insecure? I'm suspicious.

They gave themselves away doing that. And almost everyone knows it now. I went back the other day and found a web site that saved every major news station on that day and the days after. They were already saying that Osama was behind it, hours after the incident hehe. What a joke.

I watched this video called the Century of the self, and it spells out the whole game being played on us for the last hundred years. I highly recommend everyone watch this, it is about 4 hours long but worth every minute.

Anonymous said...

"ARAWAKA"
My first immediate reaction was a simple smile--you got it--
I found myself sitting on a planet somewhere--a planet the way it should be--peaceful--and the stars were so close I could touch them, but didn't because they were so perfect and peaceful just being--some of them even decided to come down and rest, and play in the ocean--reflections of my mind--

Jj

nina said...

Have you read Michener's Caribbean, Jj? The Arawaks were a peaceful happy people, self-sufficient, loved things like playing ball on the beach, but the savage Caribs sneaked up in tiny boats from the Atlantic side and jealously watched from mountaintops, plotting the brutal attack which they easily won.

Anonymous said...

I didn't read that one but I did read Hawaii,Alaska and one or two others---
You have to wonder what are the differences in people when you have no outside influences--one peaceful, one warlike--continues to this day--thank you for telling me that--brings new meaning--a memorial of sorts to their spirit(s)--
Perhaps someone will do the same for us one day, and still wonder--

Visible said...

Just wanted to drop by and say I love you and thank you for all the gifts you bring to our perpetual thanksgiving table.

word verification? doshe

Anonymous said...

Nina,
No never been to Tanzania.
Was born in Zambia and other than the neighbouring countries -Morocco .
But herders together on that plains - that does seem to fit very well.

Anonymous said...

Haven't commented here before but just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed yr word & picture art (while the internet is still up). Too busy just trying to keep head above water... or rather this drought.
3 million protest in France yesterday & it isn't even on the teevee news here, that would be like 15m protesting in the US but what? I think they got a few hundred to protest in NYC at AIG. Too drugged, bugged and unplugged one supposes.
Yeah, lot of chemtrails out here in W TX. Then the spiderwebs on the power lines, etc. The drought is endless but will go on & put out tomatoes and peppers today. They say at the nurseries to come the day the plants come in.... gone by the next day. Using mostly heirloom seeds from Nichols Garden Nursery in OR tho (since 1971). Guess everyone getting their V garden in before the Delauro/Steinberg ag bill passes -- I guess Michelle O's kitchen garden will be exempt?
The weather's gone so bizarro one never knows when to plant anymore... hard freeze then sev. days in the low 90s in March!

nina said...

First, let me say I am so very grateful to see these many supportive comments here. In spite of all the negativity surrounding us, we have been brought together by it. If it wasn't for our blogs, I might not speak to anybody for months at a time. Thank you for your friendships.
HBO put on the documentary Death on a Factory Farm again last night. Catch it if you can while its showing this week. Its not something you'd want to sit through twice as I've done, but the second time around reconfirmed everything I experienced during the first watch.
You will then want to run to Visible Origami and press Visible on Karma like never before.
Yes, we know these things go on around the edges of our vision unimpeded, little Gazas taking place everywhere, but they portend a common mindset growing more vicious while simultaneously allowing us to think its on the wane.

Anonymous said...

From our friend michael via email:

My beloved Bro-

I'm here, just fucking off big time. I have to get my ass in gear,
but I always manage to do that somehow. I'm in shut-down mode, and at
the same time with tears of joy running down my cheeks.

Sometimes the world can wait. I love you and I'm here.

Put this up on nina's site for me if you would. Or les's or nota's I
don't want anyone worrying about me.

I agreed to a long term of 3D reality, no early release.

I love you.
Michael

via: Jj

nina said...

Hmmm, how to say many things at one time and say nothing directly at all? Not bad! At least he has his wits about him.
I will say one thing is for certain, having posted with him on a forum for a number of years previous to our blogs, he will step in on his own time when we interest him again. He's a keeper. You'll see.
Thanks Jj.

Anonymous said...

Amen!!

Jim (Jj)

Zoner said...

Hey all, just thought I'd put this out there.

My wife suggested to me today, after much discussion and a few beers, that it was time to strike out and do some real-time recon work. I'm just about done with the bankruptcy thing, and before the trustee comes and seizes my Triumph I'm gonna pack up the tent and venture west to seek out a place for us to land once we get done selling all our "stuff". There is no time like right now to get going, and I'll be heading out within the next 2 weeks. First stop is the N. CA, Oregon, WA, Idaho loop. Any other destinations are of interest as well for later trips, but since my wife is CA girl and visiting there literally changed my life, I am strongly drawn west.

I'm looking for paradise (tee hee!), but will settle for a rural area that offers the basics for survival(water, decent air and soil, minimal psychos) and warmer weather in the winter (I'm soooo done with MN after 44 years). Let's say 10K max for a little chunk of land and if there are any communities of folks looking for young energy I'm all ears.

I'd love to invite myself to camp in your yard, and would of course REALLY love to meet some of you in person. I'd leave some $$$ or lend my labor to your cause in return.

The time to jump is nearing. I'd rather do it on my terms rather than have my hand forced. Any suggestions, or even just good luck wishes would be most welcome.

carfish7@gmail.com is where to reach me.

Thanks so very much.

Z

nina said...

Looks like Z is about to reincarnate. Its about time. Lots of wildflowers now until summer. Gas is still cheap. Maybe blog the experience so we can keep up with your changes ... of which there will be many.
If its any help, I've done cross country leaps too many times to count. Something incredible awaits around every bend. I am excited for you.

Anonymous said...

www.goodlife.org/wordpress/?p=93

www.goodlife.org/wordpress/
?page_id=5

Anonymous said...

Z: Your chance for change—you gotta’ make a decision—write your own closing lyrics--

You got a fast car
I want a ticket to anywhere
Maybe we make a deal
Maybe together we can get somewhere

Anyplace is better
Starting from zero got nothing to lose
Maybe we'll make something
But me myself I got nothing to prove

You got a fast car
And I got a plan to get us out of here
I been working at the convenience store
Managed to save just a little bit of money
We won't have to drive too far
Just 'cross the border and into the city
You and I can both get jobs
And finally see what it means to be living

You see my old man's got a problem
He live with the bottle that's the way it is
He says his body's too old for working
I say his body's too young to look like his
My mama went off and left him
She wanted more from life than he could give
I said somebody's got to take care of him
So I quit school and that's what I did

You got a fast car
But is it fast enough so we can fly away
We gotta make a decision
We leave tonight or live and die this way

I remember we were driving driving in your car
The speed so fast I felt like I was drunk
City lights lay out before us
And your arm felt nice wrapped 'round my shoulder
And I had a feeling that I belonged
And I had a feeling I could be someone, be someone, be someone

You got a fast car
And we go cruising to entertain ourselves
You still ain't got a job
And I work in a market as a checkout girl
I know things will get better
You'll find work and I'll get promoted
We'll move out of the shelter
Buy a big house and live in the suburbs
You got a fast car
And I got a job that pays all our bills
You stay out drinking late at the bar
See more of your friends than you do of your kids
I'd always hoped for better
Thought maybe together you and me would find it
I got no plans I ain't going nowhere
So take your fast car and keep on driving

You got a fast car
But is it fast enough so you can fly away
You gotta make a decision
You leave tonight or live and die this way

Jim (Jj)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes its hard to be a woman
Giving all your love to just one man
You'll have bad times
And he'll have good times
Doing things that you don't understand
But if you love him you'll forgive him
Even though he's hard to understand
And if you love him
Oh be proud of him
'Cause after all he's just a man
Stand by your man
Give him two arms to cling to
And something warm to come to
When nights are cold and lonely
Stand by your man
And tell the world you love him
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your man
Stand by your man
And show the world you love him
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your man

Z: Print this out and carry it with you in your heart when times get tough--be humbled and amazed that you have someone--that someone--who loves you--
There is tremendous power in that love--
I know--

Jim (Jj)

Anonymous said...

and perhaps most of all, when times get better and you think you did it on your own--remember who brought you to the dance--

Jj

OK, I'm done now--maybe it was the coffee--lol

nina said...

Dear Z and anyone else considering moumental changes, Anonynous 3:29 a.m. has left a jewel on survival, please check it out: The Great Madness. Thank you Anon! Also, I suggest getting into Ran Prieur's blog. Read back a few months to follow Ran's tour visiting around the US with his readers and also review his Landblog for awesome survival notes. Actually, he's got one of the best and most varied and logical blogs online, has a huge following, but remains always friendly and accessible.

nina said...

Jj, you could take that Patsy Cline tune and rearrange the words slightly, everywhere she refers to romantic attachment.

Sometimes its hard to be a human
Giving all your love to just one world
You'll have bad times
And he'll have good times
Doing things that most don't understand
But if you love yourself you'll forgive them all
Even though its hard to understand
And if you love yourself
Oh be proud of your soul
'Cause after all you're just a human
Stand by your heart
Give your soul two arms to cling to
And something warm to come to
When nights are cold and lonely
Stand by your soul
And tell the world you love its heart
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your heart
Stand by your soul
And show the world you love their heart too
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your soul

Anonymous said...

nicely done nina--i was thinking of doing the same thing with the Tracy Chapman song--it didn't quite fit, but i hope Z reads between the lines--that is such a hauntingly beautiful song--"Seventeen" written by Janis Ian keeps popping up on my MP3 player--it's someone else singing it, and a very nice rendition but hauntingly real at the same time--the other side of the coin--i think I would like to start writing more poetry and maybe some day put them to music--I used to do parody's of songs by just singing them with my words--usually with a lot of "humor", sometimes twisted humor--I have a gift of being able to change my voice to sound like different people whether singing or talking--I'm not rich little though, which is good cuz i think he's dead--
The new keyboard for this laptop should be showing up Monday--can't wait as every key sticks and there are keys missing--I have been wanting to write more, just for me, but I like to be able to do it anywhere and this laptop has just not been cooperating--
Had a flashback to the past today--back when the road was endless, and the world over the horizon your oyster--our oldest (18)just got his drivers license--He is driving our old 88' Dodge Dakota pickup--he had the window down, arm resting on the open space and that dream look that you have when you're 18 and can smell that freedom that you hope awaits--somewhere out there--I'm sure the air smelled a little cleaner, vision a little sharper, heart skipping a beat from time to time---nice--it reminded me of one of Su's posts about the pickup when she wore a girls clothes--there's something about a pickup truck......

Jim (Jj)

Anonymous said...

Hi Nina,
I read your comment over at mirrors re:Les' most recent and I posted over there, and wanted to post the same thing here to be sure you got it, and could comment--I swore off commenting at mirrors (for now), but not origami, and this was much more of an origami than a mirrors--so here goes--it is long, I hope you get what I was trying to say--
Ointment + fly = Jj

As this is an Origami, and not a Mirrors, (it just got misplaced :), I had to throw some pieces of silver in—

OK, here we have Karma as described, or as closely as can be described—Visible Style.

On one hand you have people who don’t care about other people and do whatever they can get away with—in this lifetime, or any lifetime for that matter. It is the physical body, through physical pain, or emotional pain, (torture, starvation, getting shot, stabbed, raped, abused,etc) that we get the mirrored karma from, and back from, sometimes in spades for what “we” have done in the past.

Now, if the person gets the mirrored effect from the first “person”, and they are tortured, raped, etc. (for what they did in the first lifetime—even though they don’t know it) it is “another” physical body that receives the pain, or painful death associated with that. The spirit, it seems does not get affected (pain-wise), and that is what “the universe” is trying to change (the spiritual/consciousness)—The spiritual has to be “changed” on a spiritual level (?)— Is the spiritual/soul/consciousness always “good” and the physical sometimes “bad”? Or, if there is “bad” spiritual (not emotional), how do you change it on the physical level? If the physical is temporary, and the spiritual eternal, why bother with the bodies in the first place—the mind/brain rots, the essence/consciousness lives on—seems that the horse got put before the cart---it’s blaming the gun and not the guy who shot it--

If it is not felt (the pain) in the spiritual, it is felt in the physical (whether physical or emotional pain, they are not spiritual), and therefore, does anything change? So, another person, in another lifetime gets to feel the pain of “someone else’s” (same spirit) actions last time around? I understand that it’s “me” again, just in another body but, I don’t know that, at least not for certain—So, when it happens to me, where is the enlightenment that not being spiritually awake, I am supposed have, but don’t have awareness of, that is supposed to be affected?

The devil made me do it, or made you do it to me?

It was my evil twin, not me?

Catch 22?

Do I have some understanding at some point, “oh, that’s what it feels like to be raped, strangled, abused, burned alive, drowned—guess I shouldn’t have done that, even though I can’t remember it

Catch 22

This all appears to be taking place in the physical realm—not necessarily the “spiritual”—Most people can’t find their own ass with both hands and a roadmap, let alone have any connection with their “spirit”—in this lifetime, or any other.
So, I decide to do whatever I want to in this lifetime, and fuck the guy who has to pay for it, even though it’s me-- but I don’t know it’s me, down the road?

It’s like the doomsday machine in Dr. Strangelove when Strangelove says that it is “useless as a deterrent unless people know about it”
Is this another heaven/hell scenario in makeup? Look how well heaven/hell has done in being a deterrent--

Why would this be any different than torturing someone who has been a torturer—in this lifetime—
Or raping someone who has raped—in this lifetime
Or burning someone alive who has burned someone else alive—in this lifetime

ETC>

At least they would sure remember, or be able to comprehend when you told them why you were doing what you were doing, and all in one lifetime—but other than, “shit, I got caught” where is the enlightenment?—Can enlightenment be tortured or burned out of, or into someone?

In Bill Clinton’s words—“I feel your Pain”

I hope this doesn’t come across as smart-assed, it was the only way I could write it and get out what I felt I needed to—

Jim (Jj)
I notice more people using their “real” names—I like it!!

Anonymous said...

Nina, 'twas I who left the Scott Nearing link...
Re Jj... he will always have a twinkle in my eye for him; he reminds me of my son who is making the same mistakes I made (and my grandson who will make the same mistakes).
However.... I just sense that we are in terra incognita and what once obtained, doesn't now. You see that in the sleazy Geithner and his blinking and his lies... he does not have a clue.
So... if you are going to do the back to the Land thing in these times, just don't sign another mortgage, please. Better in this collapse to find someone else's land who will let you squat on it.
Then u have to add to this the bizarre agricultural situation. Of this I know. It is getting harder and harder to grow stuff -- chalk it up to the drought, or conspiracies, or whatever, the end result is that it is hard. Hate to disillusion anyone but like I told my son.... and years later, "Gee, dad, you knew what you were talking about after all!"

Anonymous said...

Nina.....
you people need to realize the stakes....
It's going down to who will control what and it is not pretty.
E.g., a good friend called me from BHHEC (google) and said there had been a Montana plane crash and two of our doctors (who were dear to us) and two daughters (who were dear to me) were dead. I was totally freaked out by this, because I knew these Seventh Day Adventist doctors had saved me in my one millionth rehab, and later worked to expose the federal reserve fraud, and had worked on the silver and gold bill in the Montana legislature (google it, if you think I am lying).
It is there, Lina. The proof is all over, what they are trying to do. I only wish people could see it, but 99.44% are all asleep....

nina said...

Nina.....
you people need to realize the stakes....
It's going down to who will control what and it is not pretty...


Anonymous 4:23 PM, Answer me this please, what would you have us do?
Here, at my blog, we operate from the following perspective:

"Prophesying catastrophe is incredibly banal. The more original move is to assume that it has already happened"
- Jean Baudrillard


There exists one big, long, multi-faceted war fomented by and for the Illusion, only. It has been going on since recorded history and plots to extend into future generations until at which time it thinks it will satiate its appetite to oppress, enslave and control the entire Universe, thinking it will at last have what it seeks. And what then? What they seek is impossible to oppress, enslave and control.
When you visit here, you are seeing comments by wise and mystical beings who are connected by the One Mind going about the business of survival regardless of the relentless soap opera starring the Illusion's celebrities. You can say 'What is happening now has never happened before on such a scale', you can say 'Surely they will end the Earth', but let me tell you something: There ain't nothing new under the Sun.

Anonymous said...

It's a small thing--or maybe larger than we know--just using the word "survival" is a negative--perhaps "living" would be better?--

It's always the WAR on drugs, the "war" on terrorism--the "war" on illiteracy--you get the picture--and they all fail, because they are designed to fail from the get-go--but like "democrats" and "republicans", it is designed to give you the illusion of choice, or power-or that like everything else, the gov't will take care of it, and we can see where that has gotten us-meanwhile the CIA continues to bring in the drugs, the think tanks dumb down the educational system, and there are no real terrorists, just people pissed off at being pissed on--
"living"
"freedom fighter"
etc.
No use in raging against the machine, just disassociate from it as much as possible--don't give it that attention and negative energy that feeds it--small thing--maybe--but I think larger than we know--or can understand--

Blessings,
Jim (Jj)

nina said...

Jj: it is designed to give you the illusion of choice, or power-

It is designed to provide hope.
Jj, do you remember Edwards' campaign theme? "Hope is on the Way"?
Then we have the Obama theme, "Change you can believe in"...

I have to run now, Fedex is at the door, he's got that big box of hope and belief I ordered, but wait, the box is empty!

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure Bush/Cheney's theme was "Fuck Off and Die"--at least that was something I understood--
The one advantage we have is knowing that the only help coming is what we do ourselves, or with those of like mind--it's that simple--

Jim

Anonymous said...

It's not us
It's not them

It's you
And me
And each one of them
And each one of us

Jim (Jj)