Aahhhh, the Bond Holders. Here's Mike Whitney at his best:
... Bondholders own everything and they shouldn't be trifled with. They represent foreign banks, governments, sovereign wealth funds, and industry giants. They can afford the losses better than the taxpayer, but they won't be happy about it. There's bound to be retaliation and gnashing of teeth. It will require a carefully executed strategy to avoid a bloodbath; a surprise incision with a razor-sharp scalpel followed by an Obama-led public relations campaign to placate the enraged bondholders. It won't be easy, but it has to be done, and fast. Unfortunately, we are no where near the point where anyone at Treasury or the Fed will set aside the corporate agenda long enough to do the people's work...
The herd is antsy today. They've tired of the rodeo games, the roping's, the shiny flowered boots and bandannas and barking dogs and being loaded into one big trailer after another. They grew depressed at their lot in life being lassoed into slaughter stung repeatedly by the errand boys' whips punished for failing to read the blinking billboards while passing by because they are distracted too much, its all looking the same, 10 in Alabama, 15 in Germany, Ponzis, pimps and possessions, but some few are taking notes. A mere hoof-ful with ergonomic pads and pens and their cellphone cameras.
What were those towers anyway? And what was said about them when they collapsed? Do you remember some of the bull horned beatitudes? Let's put on our tinfoil horns and pick up on the transistors. In essence, it was said Bin Laden hoped to strike into the very heart and soul of the US. At what time in your life did you equate the wtc complex as the heart and soul of the US? The wtc was not the Taj Mahal or the Pyramids or the Eiffel Tower or even the canals of Venice. We were Hollywood, we were mouseketeers, we were supreme sensibility, progress and innovation! We were never just an economy, never just bullet pushers, at least not then. All the wtc was to most people was tall. And not the tallest. And now its gone. But the extended damage it was said could come about, especially if the US did not clamp down pronto and go shopping, you have noticed has taken place. Where's the billboard about that? Where are the billboards about how the hijackers put Bernie in jail and ended Missus Yeoman's shopping spree? About the newly homeless in motels, tent cities and FEMA trailers and foreclosures soaring into infinity while firemen hose down the scene with play money and everybody with a laptop googles mud cookie recipes...
Moo. Bellows. Huge yellow dust clouds rise over the plain. You think it happened like that? Like Seymour Hersh's alleged covert Dicksquad Command operating beyond any accountability whatsoever? Years in the planning, the herd plodding along in sync with boring billboards, oblivious, chewing our cud, blades of grass stuck between our teeth, swatting at flies with our tails. Do the herders know how vulnerable they are? Do they know they are weakened by cruelty and greed? Maybe the Bond Holders will tell them, we would hope in words, although keep it up long enough and words don't work anymore.I have no idea how the perps live with themselves. I know so little about anything at all. I wish I did not think so much, or see things connect as they sometimes will. Its not who I am.
... Oh I am a lonely painter
I live in a box of paints
I'm frightened by the devil
And I'm drawn to those ones that ain't afraid
I remember that time you told me you said
"Love is touching souls"
Surely you touched mine
'Cause part of you pours out of me
In these lines from time to time ...
39 comments:
I was wondering why no one was commenting on Chiaroscuro for days, it seems my computer was defaulting to that one, instead of going to your completely new, and wonderful essay on the Ponzi's.
Maybe hubby thought his wife the accountant was making $1.2mil per annum? Hahaha! (Did you hear Madoffs judge revoked his bail in a surprise twist - seems Bernie won't be retiring to Israel, after all - hahahaha!!!!!)
Jim - "Then I'm going to move to Appalachia, marry my 12 year old cousin and surf internet porn for the rest of my life--maybe they'll give me a FORD to live in--ya never know!!" If I liked milk, it'd be streaming from my nose right now!
****************************
Most of you know my past. If you don't - childhood sucked, crackhead mom, yadayadayada. Military. Airline. Present. My current job pays a handsome ransome. My wife and I decided to buy our first home 2 years ago. We got just under 4000 sq/ft (bear with me...)Brick floors, custom woodwork throughout, 2 fireplaces, massive bathrooms/dressing rooms... (bear with me here....) Our town is 14k people. This is "the" neighborhood. Quiet. Business owners, doctors, etc. I got a retarded good deal from an older woman with an empty nest. (Bear with me here...) None of that shit played a factor in the purchase. We bought it because it had 4 bedrooms. Too many chirrens...
So, this is how incredibly awesome my wife is - the other day, while driving I had one of my cases of verbal diarhea (where all of a sudden shit just comes out) and said "we should sell the house, take the profit and buy a doublewide and some acres, where we can raise animals and food, and won't have a housenote...".
I thought, due to her lack of response for 3-4 minutes, that she was ignoring me, which she is prone to do when I say stupid things. The next words out of her mouth were solid gold... "That's a great idea, I think we should do it!" "Imagine all of the things we could do with and for the family with the extra 2 grand a month"
I can't explain how much I love this amazing woman. She has a startling beauty and wears no makeup. She does not like or want jewelry; will take a worn out t-shirt over Versace any day of the week. Her dream job is as a ranch hand (which she used to do), working cattle. So, I will be selling my house, before the market is affected, down here - and buying something with some land. I'm checking in to solar power now so their "smart grid"can kiss my ass, too! I will install a hand pump (secondary use only, as I, not-unlike-Jim appreciate AC/Heat, running water, flushing toilets,etc).
I can't explain the value of growing up with absolutely f*cking nothing. I don't need much to be happy. My wife grew up in a solid home with working folks who always had a little extra, but they raised her right. I hope I can accomplish this latest diabolical plan before the balloon goes up.
Z - very nice to see you popping up again. I wish you all the best, and look forward to seeing you more.
I'm off to the new post.
NOTA
****************************
I'm afraid I'm hopelessly behind the curve around here. My sincerest apologies to all. I will flog myself and flypaper my sack in penitence.
(word is "eudog")
I saw Humpty Dumpty while eatng lunch today. Some woman was rubbing him on her feet, and smashed him. Then she took what looked to like an egg-shaped cheese grater and shaved some callouses(sp) off her foot. Sorry.
So...herders and whips. F*ck em. I won't any longer tolerate the whip, and I detest the herd. Always have. I do like taking notes, and sharing with the other "lost" cattle who just can't seem to stay on the trail.
Do you remember the pc game "Oregon trail" ? (maybe I'm too young) The object was to take your family and oxen/wagon/supplies and make it Oregon. I always prefered to see how quickly I could deviate . Sure, it killed everyone and we ran out of food, but I couldn't stand following the guidelines, just because they said so. And the "do not touch" signs - don't even bother. The only thing I touch more than stuff with "do not touch" signs is my... nevermind that one.
The point is that I am finding much sick enjoyment in the falling away of things that others have thought were so permanent. Like anyone could continue to spend with wreckless abandon, forever, and never have the consequences catch up to them. Like Mrs. Yeomun was never going to be caught. The lady down the road did the same thing while chargng those nike's for her shithead kid. She knew the reaper was coming. She knew that one day, the bill would come due. That guy knew that his excesses would catch up. How many boats and 4-wheelers does one working stiff need. Really?!?!?
The guy who's cheating on his wife? I want him to get caught. That Dr. who's beating his wife...him, too! (Dr.'s are the number one profession for domestic abuse - just learned that from the local battered womans shelter).
Did you hear about the politician in Florida who had 2 hookers in his kids playroom downstairs, and pressed charges against his wife when she walked in, caught him, and punched him in the face? What a cowardly, steaming pile of shit.
I'm not perfect, but live my life with honor and integrity as my primary objective, now-a-days.
Does my satisfaction at the whole thing make me a bad person?
I love it when the financial wizards moan about "lost wealth". Sooo many people saw numbers on a screen or on a piece of paper and proclaimed "look at how wealthy I am!".
Maybe now some of these clowns will have the opportunity to discover what comprises real "wealth".
Stampede, anyone?
Nota, thanks for the kind words and I love your idea - I have been trying to find a place to do the exact same thing. It was -10 here in MN when I woke up yesterday, and this kind of environment is not to be trifled with. I'm tired of it, and so is my Cali-born wife (also stunningly beautiful and not a makeup wearing, Gucci chasing sort). Running off to start over and get off the grid is a dream that seems both out of reach and an absolute necessity.
It would be awesome to hook up with some folks already there, as the learning curve seems mighty steep. Anyone want to pool resources and start a community?
I'm totally serious, BTW.
My love and best wishes to all.
Z
First of all, I love your new House, Nina. I don't know how you keep up that pace, I really don't, but ... well, keep it up. The post it accompanies was quite powerful, too. It's nice to unsheath your claws every once in a while, eh?
Z,
I'm interested in starting a community myself, but (that cursed but!) my own financial wherewithal is for all essential purposes nil, which means I wouldn't be able to bring much more than myself to the table (nota, man, I only wish I'd turned out as practical and self-reliant as you. Best of luck with the farm!) For now I'm contenting myself with the community here, on these blogs, and ... the real world handles itself. I'm surrounded by people who simply don't get it, most of whom I despair of ever 'getting it' on time, and I imagine most of you find yourselves in the same situation. Sooner or later online communities won't be enough, of course ... we're going to come to the point where we need a lot more than just a group to keep us sane. But for now, well ... we'll see what time brings, and in the meantime hopefully won't get caught up in the stampede ('cuz you just know they're gonna try and stampede the herd over a cliff.)
Fortunately or unfortunately I've been slowly reading a book called Endgame by Jenkins. I really can't refute anything he says. Simply put, modern "civilized" human beings are living a life that is completely unsustainable. Well no mystery there right? I recommend his book and I don't recommend books. hehe.
Strange how occupants of north america lived here for 15,000 years, and there is not much physical evidence of their existence. I guess they go back many years before that. Where are the ruins of vast cities? We say they were savages, and yet they did what advanced techno westerners could not. Yes the Europeans had better weapons, so they prevailed. But the first occupants seemed wise enough to take only what they needed. Only an idiot would strip all resources out and then starve to death. You say, well their population was low. I don't think that's it.
I was told I have some Cherokee blood, and sometimes I feel it is true. I don't feel the Anglo-Saxon blood at all. Anyway...
The first key these barbarians from Europe used, was to take control of the land. Why we wonder did they kill off all those bison by the millions? They let them rot out there on the planes and for a very good reason. They deprived the Dakotas their resources, including food. And to this day they are doing exactly the same thing. The rulers have and want control of the land. That is the key to domination. And they have been quite busy all around the globe stealing peoples stuff and killing them off.
Those of us in north america think we are different, in fact we are all just renting. And we would be slaves if it was cheaper. We just have a bigger pasture to graze in. Look how the american worker is no longer as valuable as a century ago. They couldn't outsource back then, so they had to deal with the unions and demanding workers. Look how that has slowly but surely gone. All this talk of democracy is a joke. Most people believe the most stupidest things, and can't see the reality through that lens.
Speaking of off the grid, I'm sure most of you people have heard of Michael Reynolds. If not, check him out, his houses are totally off the grid far as I know. He fought the local government for years and years. They hate that.
Maybe we are heading for another revolution, that would be nice, this one has run its course. It could get ugly before the dust settles. If it happens, don't let the same rulers take even greater control than they already have. Looks like they are setting us up, and have a plan to take total control, I will die preventing that.
rantoff.
I've posted this before but its so clearly, simply stated I am posting it again:
Once I built a tower, now its done...Over millions of years, our species evolved, like our cousins the baboons, to roam the savannas of Africa in extended families, sharing whatever food we found and curling up together at night to keep warm. Over most of our history that was our life, only of late have we taken a sinister detour. That wandering togetherness is what our brains, inhabiting spirits and digestive tract are built for and look where we are now.
Over a relatively few millenia we have woven ourselves into hell...
I've stopped seeing disasters as individual crises, rather they are all phases of one big, long, world war which can have no victor. If you have to mark it by dates, easily it would be previous to 911. Go back as far or as recently as you like. Personal or impersonal. It doesn't even matter if the truth as you experience it is never acknowledged by your peers. The evidence speaks for itself. Truth doesn't need everyone to agree on its existence.
It looks like the economic crisis, the preceeding bubble and bust and 911 are connected at the root. Every time someone remarks prophetically that "great fortunes will be made" or waxes on about "redistribution of wealth" it sounds more and more like WW111 is playing out while going unrecognized for what it is.
This must just be a bad dream, right?
Well I like Carlin but you can never say never. Interesting link, like all those baboon butts hehe.
Even the apes are social, and the young will die from depression if not cared for. We may have inherited that. We are social by nature. Hermits are denying something. Maybe they were hurt and instead of dealing with it ran off. We do best cooperating and sharing, there we thrive. I've watched these documentaries of people in the rain forest. Rarely do you see any evidence of whacked out ego's.
But we can do better.
Imagine a radical shift in human consciousness. It would have to be total, like an evolutionary leap in the species. Free of the nonexistent self, and all the mischief it creates. And using technology in ways that benefit all things human and nonhuman. That would be a quantum leap forward, can it happen?
I wouldn't rule it out.
We have to start with ourselves, understand that. We can do it if we are honest and watching ourselves in relationships with others, see what we really are, not what we think we are. If we can do that completely, then we may move forward. Talking about god when we have no clue about ourselves is meaningless.
I think I'm going to deep and off topic sorry.
Psychegram, mostly, you are looking at a portfolio of my work over the past 7 years. When a new one goes up, I usually make a noise about it. If ever I am denied painting, I get really out of balance. There are some things we know about ourselves and practice religiously that keep us intact.
This community thing is intriguing. It could be created any time we wanted, but we would have to relenquish all that keeps us currently in place. Sometimes these things happen spontaneously. I have seen living proof. You are right about this blogging thing, for now its enough.
nota: when you sell your house, don't buy, rent. If you want to get on the grid and stuck, just buy a house--the bottom is going to continue to fall, and so are housing values in your area--or any area-eventually. Just find a house for rent on an established farm, or an area near a fed park or similar--lot's of free land to "play" on--pay the landlord cash every month if they'll leave the utilities in their name--now, you are further off the grid--homeschool the kids--and you are mobile and not tied down with nothing you have to sell and get bupkiss for---get a garden going and you're half way there--clear a little area on the adjoining land and grow whatever you want--a mobile home is like an oven in the summer it'll cost you a fortune to cool and heat and has no protection "from the elements"--buy one of those cabins they can deliver on a truck or in a kit and just build it, or drag it into a heavily wooded area--done--a place for the kids to play or live if you need to--just take it with you when the time comes--
As far as the herd, it's thinning from the edges and the folks who once had the protection-impaired view of being anywhere but the edge of the herd (the poor, and those in the know) can see, and hear the slaughterhouse--even if they don't know what the sounds are, it's still an uneasy feeling and they have been plodding along for so long that they have forgotten how to run and what those long sharp horns are for on their heads--the best they have been able to do is keep their nose out of the ass of the cow ahead of them---their spotted camo only works for animals with black and white vision and the predators they need fear most see in technicolor 24-7
We have been domesticated---
When you think about it, look at office cubicle life, suburban "Pete Seeger" little boxes and they're all made of ticky- tacky, rush hour crawls, sitting perfectly still in school, or church--standing in line in every gov't office their is-go to college to get a good job--nose to the grindstone--you'll get your reward at retirement, or in heaven--whichever comes first-sitting in front of the TV for hours on end----starting to get the picture--it's by design---BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER--the gov't will take care of you--you'll always have your job, and jesus loves you--------you know the rest---or do you--
Jj
nota: the cabin is in addition to the house you rent-----
Jj
Has anyone heard from michael lately--I sent him a couple of emails and no reply---
Jj
Jj I have a plan. This summer when the Apocalypse occurs, I'll head south, pick up Pyche and we can try to cross the border. Should be easy as Canada will be part of the US by then.
Interesting article here. http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=12694
I'll try to save as much cash as I can, not that it will be worth anything, hopefully enough for the little bit of available fuel they will be selling.
We will pick you up in Ohio, and then run south to find Nota. He will probably have a Winnebago by then and we can all caravan west. Go west young man. I hope Nina doesn't mind us all converging on her place!
Not a big fan of canned goods but what the heck, better than starving. Maybe we could fish in the creeks there. Although I hear there is not one body of water in the US that is not contaminated. Oh well I'm something of a gambler.
cheers
I need to stop re reading posts I've made. You all know plane meant plain, but still. I love good grammar and spelling, but I was seriously crushed in an elevator, and fractured 14 ribs and squished my head. I woke up in the hospital wondering why I was there. Hmmm car accident? no...Oh that elevator! Got some minor brain damage, just mechanical stuff, nothing serious. LIKE spelling!
I had blood red eyes for over a month. Looked kinda cool actually, but had to wear sunglasses whenever my grand daughters would visit.
Of course, the truth is I never could spell very good even before the crushing. Why do I always have to see the errors after I post?
Oh well sorry. You guys are all so intelligent, I need to go away, and leave you all alone.
My problem is I went very very far into something, and I know most people don't have the time or inclination to do it. Jj (Jim) thinks Tolle is something, I went way beyond that, went to his master, hehe.
Bottom line is, I went from being somewhat of a mess to, something else. It took hard work. It meant being totally honest with myself, the good and the bad. Facing reality, whatever the consequences. And I hate to keep it to myself, but have no idea how to translate it.
Anyway I think everyone here is awesome.
Green Day: American Idiot
Don't wanna be an American idiot.
Don't want a nation under the new media.
And can you hear the sound of hysteria?
The subliminal mindfuck America.
Welcome to a new kind of tension.
All across the alien nation.
Everything isn't meant to be okay.
Television dreams of tomorrow.
We're not the ones who're meant to follow.
Well that's enough to argue.
Well maybe I'm the faggot America.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Now everybody do the propaganda.
And sing along in the age of paranoia.
Welcome to a new kind of tension.
All across the alien nation.
Everything isn't meant to be okay.
Television dreams of tomorrow.
We're not the ones who're meant to follow.
Well that's enough to argue.
Don't wanna be an American idiot.
One nation controlled by the media.
Information nation of hysteria.
It's going out to idiot America.
Welcome to a new kind of tension.
All across the alien nation.
Everything isn't meant to be okay.
Television dreams of tomorrow.
We're not the ones who're meant to follow
Always liked this song--
Dadnerd: When you come to get me, honk 3 times, then 2 times--or you will be fired upon--and asked questions later--nothing personal!!
Jj
Re: Nina's Carlin Link--the problem is that we are looking at trying to save something that is beyond repair--we need to stop looking at it as a bi-product of what came from us and just flush the fuckin'' thing and enjoy the clear water that magically reappears---my, how poetic of me--tee hee--
Jj
Mobster: your quote would make a great "Got Milk" ad----
Oh mobsternot, btw.
Talked to the nephew about that Minot thing. I said, people I respect that was in the military think that was a set up and there is no way those bombs could be confused with dummies, and he laughed, said 'you have no idea how easy it was to confuse the two'.
He worked right there and knows his stuff. So I said, okay I'm gonna drop this subject. As I respect both you guys I'm gonna drop this subject and let it go.
I have a principle. Unless I know something first hand, I don't hold a hard and fast opinion about it.
So let me know where we can hook up after the dust settles and we all will cross over the western divide, and harass Nina. We can grab her brushes and mess her up right in the middle of a good painting, and really get her pissed off.
Let Jj go a fishin for the poison fish, and we can all eat it and have some good insights in to human nature. While he's fishing he may see something. 'Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in', damn, Henry had no idea the fish would be toxic. Jj, I always love your stuff. I used to be able to tell before hand that it was you but not lately. Not sure why.
Hopefully art and the better things of life will prevail. Imagine not eating contaminated food, wow. Personally I don't eat anything from a box. Still so much of it is contaminated, we need a revolution. Corporations are the biggest, idiotic, insane invention humans have come up with since....money.
I'd better give Nina her brushes back, we need all the help we can get.
Yes, where the hell is m_astera? No word from him for a while.
Yo Dadnerd,
Aren't we the same country already, for all intents and purposes? Not that that stops them from requiring passports at the checkpoints, sorry, I mean 'borders'. "Papers, please." The swine.
Don't sweat the occasional spelling mistake. I've been known to use spelling and grammatical errors as a weapon with which to bludgeon opponents in the past, it's true, but ... it's a weapon best used sparingly, because being human I too am guaranteed to slip up at some point myself and who's the fool then? It's like punching yourself in the jaw. So ... best not to be too pedantic about such things.
Nina:
Ahhhh, that explains the torrent of paintings I've never seen before. OK, that makes more sense then.
It's funny how we each find some direction of expression through which we most love to direct our energies ... for me it's words, though I like to draw too ... others are more visual ... some prefer music, others drama, others fashion or tools or simply finding creative ways of hacking the system ... whatever it is it's all ultimately springing from the same source, and for those who get that doors start to open, I think.
Funny too how it can get to be a habit. When I was a teenager I used to spend hours, daily, writing elaborate science fiction stories that got increasingly weirder until ... on the cusp of university I fell under the powerful glamor of transhumanism, which short-circuited the genre with exponential curves and left my creative circuits burnt and smoldering. But I always figured I'd be a writer, and now ... well, one way or the other, I spend several hours every day writing, be it correspondence, commentary, or creative composition. So I guess I have become a writer, but not at all in the way I expected and ... isn't that always the way? Sure it's for free but I only ever write for fun, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
sorry to intrude but the senility went too far, here's the real name
http://www.endgamethebook.org/
Jenson not...what I said, hey drain bramage, it's not my fault!
okay you fools, put your money were your mouth is. You two guys sayin your women are awesome without makeup?
I'll link you a pic, sure I used photoshop but she was a babe, so they tell me.
Some say I was lucky, but...well I didn't think so. Dropped that girl....after well about 3 months!!
Always avoided these kinda women, and found out I was right all along...
But figured what the hell you only live once...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36137078@N08/3346283688/
Michael says he is OK. I trust him to work things out in his own time. I've noted he is around occasionally, but frequents other places. It my opinion we have made him a suprabeing here and that is disastrous to have to live up to.
Nina,
boy, don't I know it--lol
taking a good look at my life this weekend and what I am posting etc.-why--am i adding or just rehashing, etc.in all aspects of my life
things seem to not be growing but rather the same things, just the names changing--was getting too caught up--even though it was minor compared to a a year or two ago--need to rearrange my priorities, etc--
i need to get back to that alive feeling i had when i first started commenting-there is part of the problem--commenting instead of sharing-i really felt it was going places--but i'm not sure if i was standing still and things were just being moved around me--
hope this makes sense--
I'm hungry, maybe just need to change my diet--
Jj
Hey people, its Visible Origami time! See you all this afternoon.
Much love to each of you!
Greetings all.
A week ago I sent this poem to Les and in awe of all the excellent posts up there I am going to post it for all of you. It is by Hafiz.
_____________________________
I Know the Way You Can Get
I know the way you can get
When you have not had a drink of Love:
Your face hardens,
Your sweet muscles cramp.
Children become concerned
About a strange look that appears in your eyes
Which even begins to worry your own mirror
And nose.
Squirrels and birds sense your sadness
And call an important conference in a tall tree.
They decide which secret code to chant
To help your mind and soul.
Even angels fear that brand of madness
That arrays itself against the world
And throws sharp stones and spears into
The innocent
And into one’s self.
Oh I know the way you can get
If you have not been out drinking Love:
You might rip apart
Every sentence your friends and teachers say,
Looking for hidden clauses.
You might weigh every word on a scale
Like a dead fish.
You might pull out a ruler to measure
From every angle in your darkness
The beautiful dimensions of a heart you once
Trusted.
I know the way you can get
If you have not had a drink from Love’s hands.
That is why all the Great One’s speak of
The vital need
To Keep Remembering God,
So you will come to know and see Him
As being so Playful
And Wanting
Just Wanting to help.
That is why Hafiz says:
Bring your cup near me,
For I am a sweet Old Vagabond
With an Infinite Leaking Barrel
Of Light and Laughter and Truth
That the Beloved has tied to my back.
Dear One,
Indeed, please bring your heart near me.
For all I care about
Is quenching your thirst for freedom!
All a sane man can ever care about
Is giving Love!
________________________________
I am humbled that when we seek, and are open to it, we find. So many things softly dovetailed today for me, and with me--it just took stepping back and letting those around me fill my ears and eyes with their words of peace and love--
As Bob Marley said: "and every little ting', gonna be alright"
Listen for the silence in between the words
See the open spaces that allows all we can see, to be
Jj
Jj - good advice. I was thinking of buying the news diggs as a blind Trust. What do you think?
Dadnerd - is that a beer in your hand? Beer makes everyone prettier! She's a beauty, for sure. Mine's got you beat though, especially when she wakes up and her hair's a mess... her sleep clothes refusing to let go of her warm skin... ahh, makes me wish I was the kind to cuddle, but it wasn't meant to be. I can't be touched while sleeping. >:(
Good to hear master_a is doing well.
Nina - I would join the cohorts in ionvading Steinbeck country, but California has too much bullshit for me. I say we move to the Yukon!
invading - not ionvading... I too suffer from spelling errors occassionally (though most are due to my wife's crappy keyboard not logging my strokes)
I've heard very good things about Idaho.
i still say rent, and stay liquid--ya never know when things may change-is there a hurry to buy? you might be able to latch on to something for quite a bit less in a year or so--I know moving twice is a pain but if it saves you 20-25% on a house--hmmmm--also gives you time to really research areas, etc-We would sell now but housing values are down about 20% in Ohio--I'm sure our property taxes will fall that much--lol--that should be a good fight--
email me if you have any questions--not up much on trusts, etc. though.
Got my soil sample in the mail to the lab today--excited about getting the results and getting the garden planted--thinking good thoughts!!!
"though most are due to my wife's crappy keyboard not logging my strokes)"--not even gonna' go there--lol
Got a good deal on some split firewood last week--have 1 more cord coming in a week or two--should have us in good shape for next winter--figure might as well buy stuff we need while the money is there--
Hope all of you are doing well!!
Jim (Jj)
Nota:
Yeah that's a beer, hehe. was about 15 years ago, that was girl just a fling. I doctored up the photo obviously, here is the original.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36137078@N08/3360389233/
I hear good things about Montana and Idaho...
Jj - I guess it pays to read the post before hitting the button :-)
How much is a cord of split firewood?
I have to say, I thought "The Watusis" was going to be entitled "Mailboxes for Cows" --or gazelles, or something--
Nina,
In answer to your question, I can get a cord of split, hardwood for 150.00-(my brother up by Cleveland pays 240-250)-I have been getting stacked pickup loads for 50.00--most of the stuff they are selling now is not seasoned--6 months to a year to do that--I keep it covered too and am pretty sure that what I was burning this winter was 3-4 years old--still burned well and have probably 3/4 of a cord of that under the back deck to start off next winter--amazing how much less propane we use when the wood burner is cranking--now, if I could just heat the swimming pool with it---hmmmmm.....
dadnerd--nice post at the fray--jack dallas, or whatever his name is---what a putz--
Jj
oops, mobster asked about the wood, not nina---it's a bitch getting old and senile-----
Jj
Guys, I'd put up a pic of my lovely wife, but when I tell her how beautiful she is she always says, "it's only because you are looking at me".
Besides, showing pics in a "look what I got" manner is a bit, um, creepy. Sorry.
Psychegram, I understand the "sooner or later" aspect. As far as I'm concerned, sooner is now. Detachment has begun and the wheels are in motion.
Bringing "money" might or might not be the #1 issue, however. Know-how and courage are the things I'm trying to stock up on. These are things that can't be devalued or confiscated by outside influences or entities. I'm lookin' West, and hope that the bankruptcy guys can do this thing quickly and with as little drama as possible. It all seems like a silly game.
Z
zoner:
Yeah you're right, I was messing with photoshop all those years ago. You could play with that program for 10 years and not understand it all.
Jj:
Yeah JackDallas getting on me over there hehe. Never thought I was the sensitive type. But he says so, so I guess it's true. I didn't mean to get under his skin.
Jj, did I ask about the price of cords?
Around here the guys selling want as much as a month's worth of propane. I can just see them too, at home greedily counting cash in the warmth of central heating. We continue to get our own: Chainsawing fallen trees, mall-ing the logs into two or three pieces, stacking it, burning it, I spread the ashes over the garden plot. The wheelbarrow leg broke yesterday, but no problemo, Mister Man is fashioning a new one. We are all on our own. Why pay someone else to do what we can do?
The Watusi cattle were the original Masai cattle. They are noted for their awesome horns which can sometimes extend 6 feet straight out horizontally from the head. Watusi steer are prized by cattlemen. Personally, I am drawn to them because of their distinctive coats. Chestnut Red on top, B&W "dalmation" bellies, ivory horns, which most times grow upward creating a "U" effect which is probably a lot easier for getting into a barn or a covered trailer. They are very gentle and smart, the ones I know, know my jeep and gather round for pictures. Their calves are born black. Mostly, they live peacefully outdoors year round.
The mailboxes are the way bills come to rural people, they call it gang mailboxes. Its good they are there because it keeps the curiosity seekers away from bothering the Watusi families raising their young.
Guys, I peeked at that "Fray" place for a few minutes - why in God's name would you subject yourselves to that kind of silliness?
I'll use a highly offensive saying that does describe that exercise pretty well, since they describe the same type of event;
http://carcino.gen.nz/images/index.php/00b9a680/463c5922
Z
Z:
That is so non PC tee hee. But like Larry the cable guy says, that's funny I don't care who you are.
Fray is insane, I think a few are on the payroll to disrupt and cause havoc. The hope is a few will wander in and take something they can use.
Have you seen how they tear up Les over there? Hopeless crowd.
Nina:
Your latest painting reminds me of the first time I drove out to California. How to describe the smell of those sun baked hills?
I can almost recall the smell, sweet burnt smell of that brown hay.
Love the five gallon buckets for anchors.
Post a Comment