As a mood-setting prelude for tonight's episode, here are a few select lyrics from "Desolation Row" off the Highway 61 Revisited album. Are you going to ask me who wrote them?
... They're selling postcards of the hanging
They're painting the passports brown
The beauty parlor is filled with sailors
The circus is in town
Here comes the blind commissioner
They've got him in a trance
One hand is tied to the tight-rope walker
The other is in his pants
And the riot squad they're restless
They need somewhere to go
As lady and I look out tonight
From desolation row ...
When you asked how I was doing
Was that some kind of joke?
All these people that you mention
Yes, I know them, they're quite lame
I had to rearrange their faces
And give them all another name
Right now I can't read too good
Don't send me no more letters no
Not unless you mail them
From desolation row
If you'd rather listen than read poetry, visit the link and turn up your speakers, although this particular version has a skippable ad before the stills. Why can't we view the original? Because standards and licensing agencies appear to have found something objectionable about desolation. "This video contains content from SME and The Harry Fox Agency, Inc. (HFA), one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." Cough, cough...
It is interesting to me that Visible's recommendation of the film, Memento, so remarkably captures visually much of the same high weirdness, tragedy and romance we pondered over the years listening to Dylan's musical metaphors. Thank you Vizzy. In Memento, with the funky sexy Guy Pierce (also in The Road, the calming father with his family at the beach) as our protagonist who has lost his short-term memory, aka the inability to make new memories. Check out the trailer and skip the brief Jurrasic Park-extreme ad if you like. Memento is THE perfect film for these times, crazy, backwards and forwards, completely lacking the continuity necessary for making sense in our once civilized world of dates, calendars, clocks and schedules big and small. I suggested you see it last summer, but if you have not done so yet, let me remind you again, its very, very good. Easy to rent too.
***
I read Clusterfuck Nation every Monday morning. Its just what I do, along with all the other blogs on my bloglist. I don't usually comment there because its a crowded house and heavy on self-adverts, but Mr. K's entertaining writing style and take on our state of affairs are always interesting, often localized, you get a clear picture of what seedy desolation has overtaken upstate NY and much of small town New England. This Monday's read contained a link it would be well worth your while to investigate. Kunstler never links and I'm not going to give you a direct link. I think you will find out why when you visit the sole link wedged into the middle of Kunstler's essay. You can't miss it, it ties together more than a few billboarded and blathering diversions and puts truth to your worst suspicions, if you have them, if you allow yourself to ask the hard questions, if you are able to grasp a complex concept and follow it to its natural outsome. Some of you may not be shocked at all. Some of you may even have known all along the BRICS are well underway in their program. There is no way our overlords will take this oncoming economic ostracisation sitting back, handwringing, unless action is taken before the fact - which may happen. The MSM just ignores it, continuing on with gay marriage, the downfall of Lilo, powerball frauds and absurd employment/home sales statistics.
Decide for yourselves and feel free to comment even if you have never commented here before. This needs discussion. It does appear we are facing Memento on Desolation Row come round at last. All that we have been preparing for, all along, was this. We may not have to prepare anymore because if we've been good, loving, compassionate little persons, we might soon wind up on Pandora with our beloved Scout, ..neil.. HI NEIL!
40 comments:
Hi Nina, I knew it was Robert Zimmerman immediately. You have probably noticed I have a sarcastic streak. When "go away from my window, leave at your own chosen speed" was on, I used to tell my dear wife, listen hun, they are playing our song!
I know it is hard to put into words what we see going on all around us. I never really believed the top end was this vicious or the bottom end this clueless. The whole drama is amazing.
Looking over the HBOS bank failure in the kingdom, some want to make sure the bank execs can never work in the industry again, hooray, they don't need to with millions of pounds stashed away from bonuses.
The Cypriots Greek are reeling from the EU's won version of shock and awe. The Laiki bank told their employees to borrow money and buy stock in the bank. Now as it is going down they not only have no job, losing their savings and have "loans" to pay off.
I think that is what made me do a redo on Jesse James. As the dog poet always says, for the purposes of demonstration. Jesse James demonstrated that you cannot rob, robbers to begin with. How can a robber (bank) be robbed?
I suggest the Cypriots build a giant statue of Jesse James on the island the size of the statue of liberty and rename the place James Island (hail him as the equal of Alexander and Apollo!) or something along those lines.
Oh and the list goes on, rock bottom vaccine prices at costco and winn dixie.
http://shiftfrequency.com/comprehensive-list-of-gmo-products/
That list, Mick, is pure packaged suicide. People might as well eat bug spray.
If we add OTC meds and pharmaceuticals to the list, it looks like mass murder.
I know it is hard to put into words what we see going on all around us. I never really believed the top end was this vicious or the bottom end this clueless...
All that you "didn't (want to) believe" is on display with the backdrop of climate chaos, drought, wildfires, sinkholes, melting glaciers, out of season weather events, hurricanes, floods, etc. Its so far out of control, nothing short of leaving the planet will reign it in. With the BRICS in first place, it will be the same, worse actually because we'll be helplessly subject to the fallout in their battles for ultimate power.
A well-constructed analysis & overview by the Jackass, and as he points out, the clues have been laying around in plain sight for some time, while the clueless party on. Assuming no other interruptions, that is very likely how it will play out. But that scenario is all based on a continuation of the present global paradigm of expanding industrialization and growth, and there are other, bigger things that are also currently slouching towards us. One would be catastrophic degradation of the climate and physical environment, which is already well under way. Another might be a sudden black swan event such as that imminently forecast by Clif High's web-bot project and the RV crowd. 2013 might well prove to be the "new" 2012. Time to get your spiritual house in order - there's nowhere left to run.
Nina,
I like the phrase "NOWHERE TO RUN TO". In our area, there are a number of retired folks that have had enough money to escape the country and quite a few that are considering it. Of course, no matter where you plan to escape to, if you depend on government to sustain you, (SS, medicade, investments etc) if this income ends or decreases, what ya going to do? Being in a foreign country with different social organization than accustomed to, different language, different value systems that mostly take a native to understand, can't work, what ya gonna do?
Escaping the raping and pillaging currently going on in this country is no guarantee it won't happen wherever you go. Of course, you might count on it being better as you finish your life cycle in another place, but no guarantee of that either.
I am absolutely convinced that the elites are not going to gracefully give up their perks and withdraw their influence without a significant fight. What I find incredibly disconcerting is they might actually win. In which case it is abject slavery for all non elites on the planet. In a culture that values the physical act of staying alive more than a life of freedom, slavery will always be the result.
I with you on all that, McZ.
Will you provide a link please to Clif High's web bot project and also what you infer re: the RV crowd?
And yes, 2013 is proving to be 2012 on steroids without end which is what I was saying in our last post ... from here on out in this physical world, on this, THE LIVING planet, all is lost.
John, aka Admin, of Survival Acres: ...The reality is, we may very well not survive this at all. Most projections have proven to be hopelessly optimistic, with some truly catastrophic oversights, and even the ‘worst case scenarios’ being found to be far too optimistic.
http://survivalacres.com/blog/this-means-extinction/
Here you go:
http://www.halfpasthuman.com/
and
http://www.farsight.org/
Clif's Asymmetric Linguistic Trend Analysis has had an impressive string of accurate hits over the years, and the RV (remote viewing) gang - which would include more than just Farsight - also seem to be more or less on the same page with all this. For me personally, it all ties in with a series of prophetic dreams from 30-35 years ago, when I was half my current age, but at this point it no longer seems that a crystal ball is necessary.
Couldn't help but notice that Survival Acres just put up a very dark report.
Good luck to us all, as inadequate as that may sound.
I think he means remote viewing by the term RV Nina.
It is what they used to call psychics such as Edgar Cayce which as you know I study his pronouncements quite extensively. He does predict SU's meteor strike as Nostradamus does also.
Cayce also lists some safety islands such as Virginia Beach, parts of Ohio and Indiana. (did not say which parts :))
Also there will be islands when California breaks up and the imperial valley floods.
As for south america he predicts total devastation and that is due to the tremendous amounts of volcanic activity and earth quake as well as rising oceans. The big move to patagonia might prove not as thrilling as many new arrivals there seem to believe.
Also Cayce points to Costa Rico which is a thin strip of land with the giant Arenal volcano
http://costarica.com/attractions/arenal-volcano/
http://www.costarica21.com/Arenal-Volcano.html
sitting there. He says it will open a passage where the pacific and caribbean seas join. This will cause a major change in the gulf stream resulting in changing weather patterns across the globe. Just imagine new currents taking place world wide and take a look at what small sliver of land such as Costa Rico could do.
It is smoking now from what they say
http://volcano-news.com/erupting_volcanoes.html
One thing I am always on the lookout for is one Cayce prediction that Etna and Pelee on Martinique. when the go off close together, he says that is the beginning of the end and earth changes in full swing. The wasatch fault will inundate Nevada a few months later and Utah.
Bear in mind parts of south carolina, will submerge first, the most of Japan, cali and parts of New York. It is hard to imagine how much radiation would be in the atmosphere from all this. There are I believe 17 plants on the New Madrid alone.
I am sorry but I am not one of those we can fix it kind of guys. We are programmed for destruction just like the THE HAU DE NO SAU NEE tried to tell everyone. Nobody can kill your spirit however, it may be the end of man but not the end of the world as some try to say. It can cool off a few thousand years and the Nefilim can bring a better product back next time around.
I am not going anywhere, if I croak right here so be it.
I noticed Cliff mentioned Duff. I gave up on him when his wife keep pushing vaccines. (She is nurse) Duff is probably right however that ptb have no idea what is going on or what will happen next.
The way things are going however you have to wonder if somebody out there has a feeling they will not survive the chaos and want to make sure nobody else does either. (plutonium, chemtrails, war etc)
One night, I came to a lonely little temple, looking for a place to rest. I was far off the main road, at the base of a mountain, seemingly lost in a vast Plain of Repose. The temple was in a field of graves, and suddenly a pitiful-looking skeleton appeared speaking these words:
This world
Is but
A fleeting dream
So why be alarmed
At its evanescence?
Your span of life is set and entreaties to the gods to lengthen it are to no avail. Keep your mind fixed on the one great matter of life and death. Life ends in death, that’s the way things are.
The vagaries of life
Though painful,
Teach us
Not to cling
To this fleeting world.
Why do people
Lavish decoration
On this set of bones
Destined to disappear
Without a trace?
The original body
Must return to
Its original place:
Do not search
For what cannot be found.
No one really knows
The nature of birth
Nor the true dwelling place:
We return to the source,
And turn to dust.
We enjoyed ourselves together, the skeleton and I, and that illusive mind that generally separates us from others gradually left me. The skeleton that had accompanied me all this while possessed the mind that renounces the world and seeks for truth.
Many paths lead from
The foot of the mountain
But at the peak
We all gaze at the
Single bright moon.
If at the end of our journey
There is no final
Resting place
Then we need not fear
Losing our way.
No beginning
No end;
Our mind
Is born and dies:
The emptiness of emptiness!
Let up
And the mind
Runs wild:
Control the world
And you can cast it aside.
This is how the world is. Those who have not grasped the world’s impermanence are astonished and terrified by such change.
Rain, hail, snow, and ice:
All separate
But when they fall
They become the same water
Of the valley stream.
Ikkyu "Skeltons"
study sketch is wonderful.etched into my meditation no mind
That is wonderful news. Very helpful, in fact everything you have said here is beautiful, healing and fearless kind of helpful.
respect
Hello Nina...your have attracted so many bright people, with great insights....we seem to be in a very dark part of the galaxy with tremendous challenges to bring enlightment to all our relations....we have fallen horrible short!.....I thank the great spirit that we are forever beings!.....onelove
Sorry about the typos. Terrance
Study sketch #5 is amazing.
In the face of appearing hopeless,I'm not so sure we have fallen short Terrance, our reports will be based on factual circumstance, in this case, its not at all an excuse justifying our inabilities to create lasting change, there are cases where this has happened, always joyous occasions, many minds are open and see very well. I can't speak for the rest, the under-estimators and the too paranoid to speak up.
We can take great comfort in discovering the magnificent wonder of Earth and the constant - consistent awe over her engineering.
Did you know the smell of a fresh cut lawn is actually the scent given off by individual blades of grass as a predator deterrent? And as noted by researches, when large trees fall, they are nourishing their offspring? I say "large" because they used Sequoias in the demonstration, but from there we can deduct the rest.
I didn't see any typos. But then, I make so many it might just be me. Has it occurred to you that people who are mentally quick don't like reading directions either, too many words, verbose. The English language itself is a cumbersome way to communicate.
Thank you, gracious Unknown. I like it too. More versions of this image coming soon.
Anyone with a thorough social consciousness who lives in the modern Western world has to realize how they are personally partaking in a process that is vandalizing our environmental essence and will result in a great deal of horror for all living things. This direct experience seems to tell us that we are independent people with the ability to choose one course of action over another, we see how badly we are abusing the earth----and yet we continue to participate in this abuse through the simple act of living our lives. The feeling is inescapable that the very act of life commits us to killing the future. The truth is that we are all interconnected and the end result is that when we think of this notion of interconnectedness we need to remind ourselves not to get too distracted with not living up to some sort of ideal. I do what I do because I am part of the Dao. Living in interconnected mindfullness also means to not get upset with others for what they do. They do what they do because that is what their part of the Dao is all about. I try not to get upset about the future, because that too is just part of the Dao.
Kunstler is great but you can't have a full meal with out on Monday mornings without Chris Hedges too. Today's Truthdig is superb.
Resist Much, Obey Little,
Walt Whitman
Nature is indifferent to our love, but never unfaithful.
Ed Abbey
@Anonymous 11:41AM PDT
Hedges was successfully added to the list, thanks. I've tried to have his columns appear before, but this was the first time I got the feed.
Nina
It really doesn't matter but I have run into this ... no post thing. I cannot post on my bloh.
I am flatted as I must have had something to say!
Dub
Have you contacted Wordpress tech support? For whatever good it does?
Dobs, if you remain blocked from posting, start another blog on Typepad. Copy your blog, everything on it and switch providers.
It appears that there are no humans operating in the providers. Its all run on auto pilot, if you need assistance when something fails, you have to go to their forums and see what others have done to remedy the issue.
Autopilot is the default, and the very first lie. That is just what Man is, hubris, very scary. I do not know, how the Life forgot, and made deals with the machinery, that is the part that is maybe suicide, to preserve Life. I do not do anything other than wanting to see another be the face in the middle of this particular situation, that is always the coming out party, you all should maybe save what you will save.
This place really is being erased, not linear, so what if the rules are OK?
It is not so much perspective, just being tired, and needing a nap.
And that is not the linear math, just what it really is, you know, they killed my people, we do not want the war, just tears, no fears, I think the trees are going bring it back, maybe just this department. And if someone out in this place maybe wins, how will any survive?
If you win, you should maybe let it out, that will kill you, it is OK, there is lots of places, in times, just speak when spoken to.
Neal, thanks for your comment. I guess my sarcasm about forums wasn't evident. There are millions, trillions of jobs lost to this utter nonsense, the folly of the machine, it is infuriating, but I'm keeping my cool because soon enough the climate will become the real revolution.
It is happening very quickly, we're going to see this within our lifetimes, we already are seeing it as it exponentiates.
This was very clever Dubs.
I know it is hard to put into words what we see going on all around us. I never really believed the top end was this vicious or the bottom end this clueless. ...
Bholanath's new post, great wisdom...
http://pashupatisasana.blogspot.com/2013/04/choices-we-make-graces-that-are-bestowed.html
This is neither here nor there but I recently stumbled across this blog I had never heard of called tales of the nuclear age. There is a post on the Movie Dr. Strangelove.
Anyway Sterling Hayden is trying to stop a communist plot to fluoridate American water! It jumped right out at me, apparently Sterling lost.
http://talesfromthenuclearage.wordpress.com/2010/10/14/the-doomsday-machine/
That is a pretty good marker as somewhere along the line we stopped worrying about fluoride and it is now considered good for ya.
Heh, somewhere along the line everything else, in addition to fluoride, was revealed to be deadly for you.
I will tell you when it was Dubs, it was when it was discovered drinking water contained prescription drugs which was about the same time the glycol sweetener in toothpaste started poisoning Central American kids which was just prior to the time the melamine in dog food and infant formula was announced. I have not heard any favorable news about fluoride since. Poison can't just become suddenly nutritious because a copywriter's nose wants browning.
I try and use tooth paste without it, drink distilled water but found out about a year ago they use it along with aluminum of course to fortify salt. I now use sea salt dug up from Utah where the ocean used to be!
Regular sea salt should be radioactive soon (Fuku)
They get you going and coming.
The guy on the link above mentions that in France when Curie first discovered radioactivity, they had decided it was good for you. People were drinking in France and New Jersey until their jaws began falling off! They were drinking it in a liquid and told men to sleep with it under their scrotum.
The painters who put radiation on watch dials and what not were said to be easily spotted at night as their hair had a halo type radioactive glow.
"There is so much baggage we burden ourselves with over the years that keeps us from seeing things the way they are. Some baggage we carry with us for a single thought, some for years and some for lifetimes."
Red Pine(Bill Porter)
Chuang Tzu Story - The Man of Tao
The man of Tao acts without impediment,
He harms no other being by his actions,
Yet he does not know himself
to be kind and gentle.
He does not struggle to make money
And he does not make a virtue of poverty.
He goes without relying on others,
And does not pride himself
on walking alone.
The man of Tao remains unknown.
Perfect virtue produces nothing.
No Self is True Self.
And the greatest man is nobody.
Yeah!
Lovely, just lovely.
THE CHARTER FOR COMPASSION
The principle of compassion lies at the heart of all religious, ethical and spiritual traditions, calling us always to treat all others as we wish to be treated ourselves. Compassion impels us to work tirelessly to alleviate the suffering of our fellow creatures, to dethrone ourselves from the centre of our world and put another there, and to honour the inviolable sanctity of every single human being, treating everybody, without exception, with absolute justice, equity and respect.
It is also necessary in both public and private life to refrain consistently and empathically from inflicting pain. To act or speak violently out of spite, chauvinism, or self-interest, to impoverish, exploit or deny basic rights to anybody, and to incite hatred by denigrating others—even our enemies—is a denial of our common humanity. We acknowledge that we have failed to live compassionately and that some have even increased the sum of human misery in the name of religion.
We therefore call upon all men and women to restore compassion to the centre of morality and religion ~ to return to the ancient principle that any interpretation of scripture that breeds violence, hatred or disdain is illegitimate ~ to ensure that youth are given accurate and respectful information about other traditions, religions and cultures ~ to encourage a positive appreciation of cultural and religious diversity ~ to cultivate an informed empathy with the suffering of all human beings—even those regarded as enemies.
We urgently need to make compassion a clear, luminous and dynamic force in our polarized world. Rooted in a principled determination to transcend selfishness, compassion can break down political, dogmatic, ideological and religious boundaries. Born of our deep interdependence, compassion is essential to human relationships and to a fulfilled humanity. It is the path to enlightenment, and indispensable to the creation
...and in the end
the love you take
is equal to the love
you make.
Lennon-McCartney
I found this pretty interesting.
http://www.knowledgeoftoday.org/2012/02/illuminati-secret-hidden-from-masses.html
Post a Comment