D E E P I N T O A R T L I F E WEST

Saturday, September 08, 2012

Notes from the back pasture over the surreal course of a bizarre fortnight:

At this moment the Blue convention is up in the gathering hall stretched on the wide screen and loud.  The Red was last weeks' coliseum event.  The point of view in this environment is that of "Everyone must watch" both freak fests.  I snuk away a lot.  I have things to do, I live here, so the story goes.  With that excuse, I was able to avoid possible contagion of TVPTSD, a condition we hear about frequently as these thugs in 2D are apparently fatally afflicted with pornographic fantasies of medieval punishments against anyone who does not hold their views.  Every so often, the Crisis Management Consultants let the leash out "accidentally" (Now, why would they do that?) and one of the feeble minded exposes how irreparably FUBAR are the Reptilian brains of these fools.  I know it is not wholesome to criticize the beliefs of others, but we'll pretend I don't know that because the beliefs these dudes are living with in their heads are ... well ... culturally corrupt old wives tales passed around by Eraserheads in pastel ties who comfort themselves with multiple, illiterate abuses of the flesh in which violence is but one header, under which many sub-categories are filled in with mindbenders that were disproven and we thought, discontinued from the lexicon of normal  intellect after humans moved passed the Dark Ages. We know better now, don't we?  Some of us do, quite a lot do not.  The only thing you can do about that is nothing, as in non-doing.  Tell yourself the truth.  These things are made for TVLCD moments in the same way fund raising rock festivals and Pope, Schiavo, Jocko, Jocko's Doctor Trial, Indy 500 TV is.  The networks love it.  The hotels and restaurants love it.  Hookers love it.  (Although, the African American business mens  associations in and around Orlando are rightly put out the Red conventioneers sent ZERO monetary support into their communities which tells you the racial makeup and ignorant blunders of the vulture capitalism fans.)  In that case, perhaps they would prefer kill teams?  Seriously, the pomp and glory supposedly surrounding these fan club meetups wore thin even before we became aware of each other.  I never got it.  Ever. Why should we be subject to copywriter-profit-enthusiasts blue-toothing through the wooden lips of Charlie McCarthy?  I have been direct about having no interest in either of these whiz-bang affairs, but that goes nowhere, there are those who prefer an excuse having nothing to do with the matter at hand. It is a hard thing to grasp, but when you feel it you know how to respond.  Recall the lesson: They want it that way.  


People all over the world were just going about their business - all the while a stealth MIC sequestered a steadily growing plan.  Leaks were initially scoffed as implausible, then drew in friends of friends, then drew in the right bullhorns and the big money which led all the way to the mother-lode leviathan treasure chest, the little people heathens, an endless pyramid Ponzi could be arranged with some twists here and there, amping the gullibility and greed that suddenly burst out from the shadows setting off the tripwire that was to free the plot, reverse bad into good, cruel into kind, life into death, stupid into smart, wise into illiterate, love into irrelevance, compassion into fear.  The lists of things you can not do are long, the lists of things they can do to you are even longer - because they have let us know through every medium, human and inhuman, everything is on the table, including you - comatosed and costumed as apple-in-mouth wild boar, wheeled into the state dining room on a silver trolley.


 Of course, we are not exactly there yet, but what will they turn to when Mother Nature denies them their racks of ribs because the candycorn fed the livestock after the rain stopped falling made the cattle unable to reproduce and all the real corn was confiscated for biofuels?  Let us not underestimate how far away into the future this situation could be upon us, made legal in refrigerated glass display cases by the powerful human tissue sales approvals department exactly like many of the sad dressed fish that are now lying on ice, fish you never heard of until recently that are now showing up everywhere, ground and mutilated into anything that satisfies protein content.  People will go for all of it in the name of convenience and low prices.  I've seen it, they're dragging shopping carts of unknown carcasses into their houses every night, bags of frozen somethings or take out, more unknown somethings in styrofoam boxes.  Sigh. They-want-it-that-way.  They want you to know there are levels to cannibalism such as "Its okay in restaurants" or "I didn't have time to shop", or my favorite, "I forgot." Just before the heatwaves, wildfires, power outs and drought got going enough to melt their vegetable gardens, it was exactly the opposite situation. It seems as if all that we have attempted to promote through the venue of the web has vanished in the passing of time, that the recovery BS was actually believed as carved on the tablets of the Ten Commandments triggering some inner tricycle bell allowing all those feeling deprived to jump back into the rush of consumerism nonstop, a day is not complete without running to Wal*Mart, for example, including the rental of an entertainment DVD so that NO time is ever spent considering the mystery and wonder of the Universe or comparisons made between that world and their everyday upside down, backwards world on the ground.  You might say such escapism is non-doing, but in such a state, one is constantly busy, busy, busy, selecting, making financial decisions, making lists, collecting coupons, scrambling for the bank cards and allegiance discount cards, running mental cost analysis as they plow through towering aisles of joblot imports vacuous in self-drive seated dodgems with front loading baskets.  Because, as the collections of low-in-the-water freighters sat idled at anchor, bows to the wind, China grew anxious Americans were not consuming enough of their slave labors and considering the deal, that was unacceptable. The situation was remedied in a few ways, all of them blared altruistically as anything other than what they were, funnymoney and foodstamps sprinkled from the skies.  Just as magical, not a single little person actually saw any of it.  However, the idea, vague and coded in acronyms, was enough to break down the locked doors of the empty malls. Against all logic it worked.


A decade in vain?  ... and the music starts again, which numbered sectors were chosen for this year's Hunger Games?   Let's guess:  The regions showing the lowest IQ scores, recently endangered by horrific disaster and already existing in a softened state of extreme need.


Notes about the notes:

We can aspire to anything we want, but only if we know what it is we want. On a deeper level, which is the higher level, if one can remove WANT from their mental list of immediate shoulds and musts and future shoulds and musts and due by dates, you can get a lot of what you really need, often too because what you want and need most comes directly to you without any strings attached other than to acknowledge love which has no strings.  If you want nothing, if you never think of acquiring, if you are satisfied with all you have or don't have and when presented with the possibility of additional material goods or promotional adjustments, harbor no interest, you are non-doing and you would be doing very well.  You can mingle with all sorts of people and situations in all stations of life and find it all rather painless, joyous in fact, because you are non-doing.  I will say for beginners, once you get Visible the way he intends you to get him, and that way is fraught with painful rewinds and seemingly impossible fast forwards, non-doing is easier and the transcendental state far more lasting.  I think I was in this state already, by some miracle of Jah, Respects, Eteeopieah, meaning that I am able to interact while at the same time stand back and watch.  Ah, but the real thrill is in discovering new escalators to Heaven, it pays to listen to the suggestions of wise others. We were put here and there was a reason why.  We are the bridge as the refrain is to the verse.  It is important to make the effort to try to stay on course, regardless that everything we meet on the path is designed to waylay you for years paralyzed in place.  While it is okay to explain this to friendlies who notice what you've already noticed, there has been no change for the better, it is worse than ever due to a brief pause in the demonstration where the mind to please was hijacked again.  But down the road apiece, you might just come to the conclusion, it is best to go about your business, silent in non-doing.  Whatever insights you discover on your own are permanent.  A light may show the way, but it is you who must choose to step forward.


73 comments:

Hotspringswizard said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/7960807424/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Stone Eye - Somewhere on the Playa :-)

Anonymous said...

The archonic system is just a vampire sucking away the livingness and totality of our being....

The moment our birth certificate is signed,,the number is sent to the stock market ,,we are stock

Indoctrinated into a false sense of reality,mustered up to leave the spirit weakened and dependent on the falsehood that the archonic system cares,in any way at all
All it's there to do is strip a person of their humanity
And profit from it in any way possible,,,

It has been designed like this for years,,,,

Because its evil and extremely useless,,other than for the purpose of demonstration in a really repulsive manner,,,,,
Which makes me want to write poems,,,

I am sorry if that's crazy

Nice post nina ,,,,gracious lovingness to you and everyone else .respect neil. : )





Anonymous said...

I suppose under this manipulated false reality we have been indoctrinated into slowly for many years,,it has misplaced our attention which in normal conditions would be a finely honed energetic component working in complete balance with everything else,,,,but now we spend that attention on selfish things that don't do anything other than keep us in that confused state,,,
Causing tension of the atmosphere obscuring our purpose ,,everyone has purpose,they are just tricked into thinking they haven't,,,

The system has no purpose in its current state,,,,,

Sorry for going on ,,,,

Respects neil

nina said...

Some of my favorite color combinations in there Wiz. Nice Zen balance.
Are you back from Burning Man?

nina said...

Go on all you want neil. I looked up archonic which led to an ancient group of Greek rulers. We are no longer in that phase of human development so there is little practical reason to pursue outdated, outmoded and dysfunctional systems unless one is a historian, which is cool, but not an appropriate position to get out from under the multitudes of arcane dictatorships and groupie mindsets that accompany those systems. Adhering to rigid doctrines never works. Stifling human potential deadens possibility.
An example of out of the box thinking is what happens when I follow these comments and get into searching. You just have to know the Greek people have a heavy burden to survive in spite of all the attempts to dehumanize them.

I love getting sent out on your thought trips.

Anonymous said...

Same here nina,,John lash has been talking about them though,,,,Archons I think maybe friends with wetikos at a guess they remind me of some of those monsters made out of plasticine from the films in the seventys
The ones where the bad guy always got it in the end,justice was served and everyone was smiling very happily and there was always a big party,,,,,
Instead of this ongoing trudge into collective insanity then extinction....

Respects neil

Terrance said...

Hello Nina.....this world just makes me want to cry...when is all the craziness and blind petty ambition going to come to the end!

I'm ready for that force of nature to reset things. Maybe I don't have the guts to press ahead and deal with whats coming? I have a hard time getting along with my own family let alone the rest of the world...it's amazing that we haven't destroyed ourselves.

I just see so much financial and emotional stress on just about everyone...and I still try to do the best I can for the purpose of demonstration, for the Love of the Great Spirit...thank you

nina said...

Terrance, I empathize. You seemed so solid with your overall situation, you were my example. Some of us don't make it and find ourselves down to have been so thoughtless in the heat of the moment and much later on come to realize we failed our own standards for love and compassion. If we can work to keep these good feelings in the forefront of our everyday, regardless of what conflict arises, perhaps one day we can find lasting peace.

After Hank Paulson's act and Bush's dour face, I knew the little people were going to suffer the most, relationships would be broken, divorce and bitterness would ensue because the instability of economic reality always destroys the good that might have been.

We must hold on to our standards and step back. As far as when it will end, you and I both know that is up to us. The revolution begins at home.

nina said...

neil: ... in the end,justice was served and everyone was smiling very happily and there was always a big party ...

We have long been trained to see our lives though the lens of Hollywood endings. This is why there is so much dissatisfaction with simply being, being still, being comfortable with oneself, because the representative-self is allowed to interrupt us with "Okay, what's next?"

Please link us to the John Lash on Archons, thanks Sweetness.

Anonymous said...

Am no good with links on this phone nina ,,,,,
John lashes latest over on gaiaspora ,in the navigator briefings section,,,,evil by proxy And moral anarchy,,,,
Worth listening too in a big way,,,
John lash is a down to earth full hearted Gaia lover of highest quality,a few things that have happened to him have happened to me aswell,,,

Nina I haven't watched any tv for about 20 yrs Maybe longer,I don't really watch films,, all though there are many I would like to watch,,,
After going on my first travel I pretty much gave that life up,,,,,
Respects neil


Anonymous said...

Know what you mean though,,,false images and idols of hero heroines and the rest really get in the way of things as they are just not valid interpretations of reality,,,,

Respects Neil

Hotspringswizard said...

Yes Nina I'm back and just beginning to put up photos from my trip. The black hole in the middle of that pic I linked to is from a stone I collected out at Lake Mojave, something beautiful and solid set against the dry barren playa. I made the stone black to appear like an eye, of the universe looking back at me perhaps :-) The image makes me also think of the idea of sustainable happiness. If you find yourself content in looking upon and appreciating something so simple, your well on your way :-)

Anonymous said...

Terence I have the same problems,,,although my son is fantastic,,totally,,,
Family wears me Down though,,,it's as though they think when I say stuff it is aimed at them as a personal put down,,when it isnt it's just me offloading the state of the world
It seems a lot of people are victims of their own ignorance
I have shown my family so many things,,,it seems they just don't care,,,and even worse they completely take the side of the corporate media,,,everytime
I pretty much don't say much to them anymore,,,,

Respect neil

Terrance said...

Nina and Neil...thanks for the empathy,,,I usually don't cry in my beer...as we transition into a new level of awareness , repressed emotions will be a thing of the past and honesty will be the common denominator....Onelove

nina said...

Well said Terrance, without honesty, its all a sham.

Dublinmick said...

This is a link to John Lash that Bholanath sent me some years ago.

http://www.metahistory.org/sitemap.php#gaiasophia

Hopefully it posts, I think the spam collector or bugger has eaten a few posts here lately.

Neil I understand exactly what you are saying. I don't watch TV either other than maybe use it to watch a cd out of some I have saved. (yepper I like Mel Gibson movies!) Movies with a glint of historic reality, Tombstone, Gladiator, Braveheart, Dancing with Wolves, Geronimo etc.

We can all find many people all around us who are so busy in the everyday world or watching TV, they don't notice how much of a train wreck the present world is. Sometimes it is probably better not to even try and explain anything to anyone unless they ask you about it.

I had an old friend awhile back tell me that Tecumseh was not psychic. (Say what) I just moved on to another subject, no sense in bothering.


Anonymous said...

Maxims of Master Han Shan
(from Journey to Dreamland)
1. When we preach the Dharma to those who see only the ego’s illusory world, we preach in
vain. We might as well preach to the dead.
How foolish are they who turn away from what is real and true and lasting and instead
pursue the fleeting shapes of the physical world, shapes that are mere reflections in the ego’s
mirror. Not caring to peer beneath the surfaces, deluded beings are content to snatch at
images. They think that the material world’s ever-flowing energy can be modified into
permanent forms, that they can name and value these forms, and then, like great lords, exert
dominion over them.
Material things are like dead things and the ego cannot vivify them. As the great lord is by
his very identity attached to his kingdom, the ego, when it attaches itself to material objects,
presides over a realm of the dead. The Dharma is for the living. The permanent cannot abide
in the ephemeral. True and lasting joy can’t be found in the ego’s world of changing illusion.
No one can drink the water of a mirage.

Anonymous said...

Garden lifted
Old man stir
Rainbow bright
Hummingbird
Golden braids
Gathering dreams
The rising sunshine
The open seas
A sense beyond
The path up the way
A place by the fire
Where humanity wakes

..peace..

Anonymous said...

Sorry thought that one was finished,,,,neil :)

Hotspringswizard said...

The word EGO is a mirage/illusion itself, being a made up concept in the minds of humans. I see so often how people take this word as representative of something real, or a solid truth written into some Bibal of universal law.

People have myriad personalities precipitated to form by the manifestations and nature of their physical architecture, and this is true for each one of us, including you Scrap. In accordance with the definition of EGO, you have one, and you cannot escape it :-)

Now Nina describes one aspect of these differances in human action as the phrase " representative self ", but it, like the word " ego ", are human interpretations/descriptions of the various features of human behavior. I would offer up that Nina has her own Representative Self, as does everyone else :-)

When it comes down to it, all of the so called Master's that this world has ever seen, are themselves caught up in their own illusions of the mind :-)

How do I know this, the Stone Eye told me :-)

Anonymous said...

Garden lifted
Old man stir
Rainbow bright
Humming bird
Golden braids
Gathering dreams
The rising sunshine
Open seas
A sense beyond
Up the way
A place by the fire
Humanity wakes
A vibrant scent
The life of earth
A gust of starlight
The universe

..peace.. : )



Anonymous said...

Sorry about this poem mayhem nina,,,both poems the same but 2nd one's end finished,,,big energy or ok on the first bit,not so much in the last bit,,,,so you can remove which ever one you prefer,,,will try and do better later,,sorry nina

Appologies and love,,,,,neil

Anonymous said...

and I agree with you totally HSW because yes we are all humans to die one day, Until you understand the lord of emptiness the wheel of rebirth rolls on. However if we didn't understand the lord of emptiness, how did we end up here.

We are all enlighted, and who is Srone Eye

More later

Scrap

Anonymous said...

You know what hsw,,I totally believe you...and han Shan too,,, thats beautiful

Respect neil

Hotspringswizard said...

Yes Neil, we all learn about life, and ourselves, from a wide variety of sources, and that is a good thing. I enjoy your poem contributions :-)

Scrap, you wrote " and who is Srone Eye ", and I assume your are referencing this I wrote, " the Stone Eye told me ". Stone Eye is the title I gave to my photo linked to in the first post here.

Who knows, maybe the image shows the eye of the Lord Of Emptiness. Now while I say this in jest, the stark blackness and void of the Stone Eye makes me think of being content with the simple things in this life, and that striving to be detached as much as one is able from the material is progress towards greater freedom of the mind. The photo is really basic, a black shape, and colorized Playa, its really simple, descibing to my mind a way of being that I strive for in my own life :-)

Thanks for your consideration of my thoughts, Love Tribe :-)

If your interested, I've been putting up pics from my BM adventure. More to come in the weeks ahead. Here is the link :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/

Hotspringswizard said...

Speaking of a REALLY BIG EGO, it made an appearance at Burning Man this year. Look for it in my BM Pics soon :-)

nina said...

neil, must I take one down? I prefer to see them both remain in the way they came about. I like to see how people get where they want to go.
No apology necessary. Don't even go there.

and

Bholanath's new post The Goddess and the Sixth Extinction has the John Lash link.

nina said...

Wizzy, the Burning Man thing is weird. Its like they took all the people from the Haight Ashbury and like environs, and corralled them into being their true selves a few times a year rather than have them popping up everyday panhandling at the parking meters.

Charles Hugh Smith said...

Nina, you brilliantly capture the "busyness" of consuming. Choices, choices..... It is far from non-doing, as you say. "inner frenzy" describes the constant barrage of choices.... is there a faint change in the trade winds? Are more people finally get sick of the hustle?

nina said...

We can't be the only ones who see it, Charles, its just not statistically possible.

nina said...

Also Charles, I would like to see a chart, if there is one, showing the ethnicity, age and financial worth of the most prolific over-purchasers. There is a straight line from over-purchasing to hoarding, especially if the present day consumer has a background that never included pride in his surroundings.

Years, ago the LA Times did a story on hoarders, noting it occurred most often among former-prisoners of war.

The POW link carries into the present as feeling deprived (financial insecurity, no dream of a meaningful future, etc.) regardless of how it came about. Just as there is a pill for every small illness, the solution to feelings of deprivation is answered through purchasing, which instantly grows into addiction because their lives and livelihoods have been fundamentally upended exactly as the societies bereft of normalty in the aftermath of conquer and colonization take to alcoholism and drug addictions.

The quick answer would be to remove the joblots who service the junkies, the long answer is to repair our broken systems.

Anonymous said...

HZW,I checked out the pics and it remineded me why I have your flicker site bookmarked. Entertaining for me, and all I show who are around me. Yes, the typing errors are the result of small bit of time at the library.

I come to this site because of how everybody is working for a peaceful and simple life. Realizing that we are all nature and connected with all of natures universal naturalness too.

So an example might be, what the ego (your story) considers to be a devastating storm (insert what metaphor or subject you wish) is, as far as the universe is concerned, a natural event, a link in the endless chain of cause and effect. The universe, having no ego, continues its existence without rendering judgments about storms or craziness.

Universal naturalness adds that matching your actions and feelings to your inner truth and the current state of outer affairs without getting entangled or upset is a practical application of nonaction. When we are empty of ego (and in a sense we never are until we die) we, too, can carry on in calm acceptance of life's varying events. When we cease making prejudicial distinctions - gentle or harsh, beautiful or ugly, good or bad - a peaceful stillness will permeate our mind. If there is no ego, there is no agitation

While it is good not to have strong attachments or emotions to any kind of constructed self it is even better to take complete control over your own energy and learn to manage different ways of appearing to the world without losing your inner core (heaven).

You know who you are my friend, as most who appear here do as well. However, a great majority of people don't know who they are and the various aspects of the world and the sensory patterns pull them every which way resulting in great disorder. Seduced by the sensory mind we listen to what others say, follow what advertisers want us to be, obtain what the market wants us to buy--continuually defining our self through outer aspects (snatching at images). In relating Han Shan first maxim as it synergies to nina's post is what is so diggable about sitting around nina's house and having these kind of discussions and contributions.

Love to all

Scrap

nina said...

HSW, I didn't invent the term Representative Self, Charles Eisenstein did. It is easily defined by reversing the two words to read: Self-representative. Representative is defined literally as a substitute, as in "represent" or a stand-in, or actor. The representative-self is guided soley by the opinions of other representative-selves on any subject or situation since through "representing", no one or anything authentic is present who can exercise responsibility for themselves. The strength of the representative appears to vary with the individual, how well the "public agent" is recognized and stunted is a yardstick for the truth of a human being. It does match with ego on some levels, but the ego is present in everyone, while the representative self, thriving on guilt, can be consciously erased and must be for alignment with Dharma.

nina said...

Your Burning Man photos, heh, you don't let us down!

You don't have much of a representative-self in operation, do you.

Hotspringswizard said...

Scrap, I appreciate those thoughts you discussed in your last post. I am honered that you consider me a friend :-)Yes " we are nature ", hence the reason for my Burning Man costume :-)

Nina, From your description it appears this representative self is something differant that what I was thinking. I saw it as the exterior facade one portrays to the world.

Akin to a Chameleon people alter their exteriors for various reasons, concealment of what they are inside, protection, etc, etc. There are all of the myriad types of facades that could be displayed and acted out on the outside. Everyone is differant in this respect. For some people what they are on the inside, is very close to what you see on the outside. My wife is a great example of this, and she is a joy to be around :-)

So a person's representative self is like a constantly changing mask that they present to the world. But as I said I think you are referring to something else Nina. That is what I was referring to when I gave the opinon that we all have a " representative self ". I guess another name for it would be our personalities. Perhaps there is some similiar characteristics to our two meanings for that phrase.

Regarding this you wrote " You don't have much of a representative-self in operation, do you ", maybe you are referring to my natural costume when plying the playa :-) Like Scrap wrote, and I very much agree, " we are part of nature ". I'm just another animal running about, quite content in my own skin :-)

When at Burning Man I am in the midst of a grand tumult of sensory input, and its like an avalanche of myriad expressions in so many forms. Part of the reason for my being there in my natural form is to be an example to others of the idea of complete simplicity. I strive to be in that giant whirlwind of activity and creativity while being very calm, focused, at ease, content, and yet at the same time very mentally engaged in what is going on around me. Bring the inside to the outside more completely for all to see. Let them judge me for who I really am. And along with this, the simpler you live your life, I think the closer you come to this same way of being :-)





tmcfall said...

Nina, you sure talk purty! Thanks for another wonderful post capturing perfectly the moods of the moment of those of us who are awake and dumbstruck by those still slumbering and shuffling through this dream (nightmare) world.
I am thinking about going to the Grand Canyon and just meditating until all this "reality" is shed
like a snakeskin.
Tom in Tempe AZ

nina said...

Thank you Tom, I think your proposed journey is a super plan. The farther away we can get from
"the situation", the easier to see it as a cartoon. That kind of vision has no price, no time stamp.

nina said...

Important Video received in email today:

Learn Sarver Heart Center’s Continuous Chest Compression CPR

"Sarver Heart Center’s newest video makes it easy to learn Continuous Chest Compression CPR. Every three days, more Americans die from sudden cardiac arrest than the number who died in the 9-11 attacks. You can lessen this recurring loss by learning this hands-only CPR method that doubles a person’s chance of surviving cardiac arrest. Watch physician researchers Gordon A. Ewy, MD, and Karl Kern, MD, demonstrate the easy, life-saving method that they developed at the University of Arizona College of Medicine."

Anonymous said...


Maybe we are the unlearned nature of our nature ....

Learning to be our nature....

Respect Neil

freeacre said...

Beautiful depiction of the nattering nozzles attending the conventions. So sad that despite the alternative news and insights on the internet, the herd continues to bite at the bubbles in the mental bathtub.

Yet, I find myself so grateful each night as I lie down to sleep. There really does seem to be a peace beyond all understanding.

nina said...

As opposed to the ignorant nature of our nature? I think I know what you are saying neil, we are all seeking and learning every minute of every hour even when it seems we are not, and if we could just find that which we strive to understand, it seems our nature would be in complete contentment, except the more we know, the more there is to know, so it may not be possible to figure it all out, at least not in this incarnation.

Heh, better to leave it to the poet to say in two wise lines.

nina said...

Indeed FA, my two favorite times of the 24 hour cycle are, bedtime and making a spa out of showertime. They are our simple peace rewards. Its when we dwell on the future of the KIDS and the state of the condition "out there" that things take a dark turn for without any authentic change we can experience for ourselves, who knows how our loved ones will make it through? It really seems absurd, unfair and unjust permanent war, abject penury and nonstop calamity should be their lot in life. What will they eat? How will they breathe? Would they even know the simple pleasures we do?
I compliment you on not taking your peaceful repose for granted.

Hotspringswizard said...

Scrap, here is something I wrote in a letter to a good friend back in the late 70's, and it illustrates my longterm interest in Simplicity as a way of being:

" Simplicity is the word that represents the lifestyle I seek. Every step I take in that direction brings me more peace of mind. Where is the destination? I see a place where I don't worry about money, taxes, peoples opinions, what I wear, who I see, what I drive, where I live, etc, etc. Being what you feel you ought to be. Its a journey. It will always be a journey to that dream, that destination.

The world needs simplicity in a big way, but more, more, more is the hallmark and call of today. Nothing but suffering will come from it. I'm sorry for all the people that will suffer from this growth mania.

Simplicity is survival in today's world. The less you need, the more free you are. The media creates the illusion of what it takes to live a whole life, a meaningful life. What are their interest, money, profit, buying you into their concept. It doesn't take that much to live a happy life. I'm moving from the point of realizing my dream of a simple life, to living it and beleiving in it, totally. "

As true today as it was for me then :-)

And I also have a poem I wrote Nina during that same time period titled " Lost Chameleons " which I'll put up later when I get a chance. It relates to the " representative self ", my particular definition of the phrase, people's facades that they portray on the exterior, or said another way, the ever changing Masks they wear :-)

tmcfall said...

That's beautiful Hotspringswizard
A perfect philosophy for life
words to live by...
Tom in Tempe Arizona

Anonymous said...

Thanks HSW and I understand and appreciate what you have written and how you live your life of which I think we are on similiar paths.

For simple is to dwell in not-knowing, abiding in that open space. When you don't know anything, you know everything. Just being completely present and attentive now, here, and don't know. All you need is to have faith in yourself. If you cling to rules , you just bind and restrict yourself and destroy your freedom. If you want to be free, let go of all that is binding you. every should and shouldn't, do and don't,
like and dislike.

When I give up all that is familiar, when I let go, when I stop trying to understand, to figure everything out, I don't know what will happen. No one can know beforehand: To reach the Truth we must go through our fear. Fear is guarding the doorway to reality, fear of stepping of that cliff, of letting go of who we think we are, of what we cherish, of our identity and I will be a nobody, I will be nothing, I will become real.

As Tao Chein state at the end of the poem nina has at the bottom of here home page.
"My story and I vanish together like this.

When we are telling our story we are not telling the truth, when we are telling the truth we are not telling our story

Scrap

Hotspringswizard said...

Here is that Poem Nina that I referenced in my " September 14, 2012 1:06:00 AM PDT " post, something I also wrote back in the late 70's:

Lost Chameleons

Big ones, little ones, and all ones between are there in a world for no eyes. They play their hiding games in the dark.

Do games in the dark really matter?

I feel a piercing amusement as I see them skitter and skatter when the light comes. The lasers of roaming brilliance bring out the colors of these deceptive creatures.

What skin do you wear today?

You know its funny because you will never know the bottom line to their answer. Colors are not the purpose, they serve the purpose, and there is alays a deeper purpose.

Their intent is to impress upon you the notion that the hue they flaunt is all there is to see. Colors play on colors, each proposing its array is the end of all ends.

I once thought light, clarity and vision would help these lonely beast. It seems that luminous wisdom has no place in a world of color blind Chameleons. For them darkness is security, and there they choose to remain, comfortably lost.

......

Regarding the " lasers of roaming brilliance " Nina, you are one of them :-)

Hotspringswizard said...

Scrap, I think I should explain a bit further some ideas about how I personally approach my life. I'm not looking or striving to go to some desolate place, think of nothing, be nothing, and vanish.

Finding your way to a simpler life is not a set thing, the same for all people. What works for one may very well not be appealing for another. In my case, I live in a home that is paid for, we have plenty of resources such that I have lots of time to do as I wish, and that time is occupied by realitively simple actiivites, getting good rest, eating healthy, excercising regulary, spending time with the family, taking care of home issues, seeing close friends on occasion, taking time to learn about the world, discussing ideas with a limited range of people or group settings, and these basic things occupy comfortably my time.

If I feel like some particular aspect of my life is constraining me or making my day to day experience not rewarding, then I look for ways to remedy that situation. Currently as my life goes, it is as simple as it ever has been, and the way things are going in the world, and the fact that I am getting up in years, I feel fortunate every day to have the life I do, with good health to enjoy its simplicity :-)

Now quite naturally, you will seek out your own unique way of experiencing life, those avenues of action, or inaction that provide for a way of being that is/feels worthwhile and rewarding.

I for myself also value learning from a multitude of sources, people, etc. But in the end I have to decide for myself what holds merit, what is worthy, sensible, and something I may add to the synergy of my overall point of view. We all are composites of many other things, which coalesce into the uniqueness we are, and that is a wonderful thing :-)

Keep up the good work my friend Mr Scrap. You always add a positive dimension of new insights to the conversation and understanding in this place we share ideas :-)

nina said...

A most gracious compliment, Wizzy, thank you. And thank you for your continued presence and good spirits. Thank you especially for your overflowing treats bag.

nina said...

Scrap-san: To reach the Truth we must go through our fear. Fear is guarding the doorway to reality, fear of stepping of that cliff, of letting go of who we think we are, of what we cherish, of our identity and I will be a nobody, I will be nothing, I will become real. ...

This is very good. We can add 'fear of speaking honestly', nobody would like us. We would start a revolution.
...Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny,
And in this judgement
... Soon we'll find out
who is the real revolutionary, ...
from Zimbabwe, RIP I-Lion

amarynth said...

Our friend Bholonath has a blog up with an issue that needs attention and where some of us may be able to help bridge a gap for one of us.

onelove

Hotspringswizard said...

Nina, " overflowing treats bag "?

nina said...

Bholanath's Mac has crashed. Please visit his site ...

http://pashupatisasana.blogspot.com/2012/09/to-everything-there-is-season.html>

and give him your suggestions for replacements. There is a new post just up and we should, as his good friends, offer our creative thinking and send supportive vibes.

Maybe the Forces decreed it? Maybe the local library needs to benefit from his wisdom. Maybe the wildlife got together and made a prayer to the Forces.

nina said...

One at a time guys,

Amarynth, I was posting at the same time you were! This is not the first time we have had synchronicities!
Thanks, something good will come of it.

Wizzy, fer cryin' out loud, your photography, your raison d'etre. Heh. Gifts, all of it. We are grateful.

amarynth said...

Hi Nina

onelove

nina said...

Hi Fives.

nina said...

In case you have not noticed, something is afoot in the old Reefer Madness saga, there has been a sudden rush of news on CBD this past week.

Following is a 2011 piece from the LATimes archives, re-published today as "related" to the many acknowledged health benefits of CBD, aka " the healing cannabinoid", eagerly marching to the forefront of the MSM.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/nov/30/health/la-he-drugs-of-abuse-20111130

This lady's participation concerns a controlled psilocybin study. But here's the neat part that ties in perfectly with Scrap's comment:

"... "When you take the veil of fear away from your life, you can see and experience everything in such a present way," she said. "I don't have to know what the future is. Every day is the day of days. ..."

(It might be a better idea for researchers to concentrate primarily on cannabinoids right now, rather than throwing psychedelics into the mix.)

If you visit the link, keep scrolling past the ads for the story.

Anonymous said...

Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!
Bob Marley

Anonymous said...

Thanks HSW. I would love to hike up Turtle mountain with you and check out your sacred spots stopping to talk crazy wisdom. The kind of stuff that enlarges the soul, lights up the brain and liberates the spirit.

Scrap



Hotspringswizard said...

Nina, yeah thats what I thought you meant, thanks :-)

Scrap, Hiking together to various spots I enjoy, Turtle Mountain, the Crystal Oasis, Ori Hot Spring at Deep Creek, or even Raven Mountain would all provide a wonderful setting for us to speak of Crazy Wisdom as you put it :-) If your ever in the area, you are welcome to stay with us and we could go spend precious time with Mother Nature :-)

nina said...

Anonymous ...put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!

Irie, Get Up, Stand Up ...

Anonymous said...

Nice thinking poem Hsw,,
The simple life is the one for me too
Openness and honesty is all I really seek,,,
I have tried those other ways,,,
None of them work ,

Respects neil

Anonymous said...

Underneath all of those masks people wear,,,,,
The most deepest purest most beautiful love exists,,
That is what people are scared of,,,,to show that
To let that part of themselves out,,,all the stars and rivers animals people,Birds the mountains,,,everything is connected to that part,,,,,

Respect neil




nina said...

Lord neil, those words are poetry.

amarynth said...

Kevin Annett - Convening a People's Court

Hotspringswizard said...

Thanks Neil, good to see your positive words, and expressions in the form of your poems. Every tomorrow is a new day and another chance to do something good in this world :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks nina and hsw,,,
The same for you and everybody else over here too,,,

Respect,,,,neil

Hotspringswizard said...

Here is another poem I wrote during the same time period as the other two I posted earlier. This Nina wrote " the more we know, the more there is to know, so it may not be possible to figure it all out " in her September 13, 2012 5:42:00 PM PDT post reminded me of it. I wrote the poem to a special friend while sitting alone high on a cliff overlooking the Oregon Coastline:

The Edge Of Reality

On a cliff I sit above the crashing fringe of a vast endless realm. The sea, the embodiment of the unknown, fresh scents of new knowledge flow to me across its seemingly limitless expanse.

A gull soars in a golden sunset, lifted high by enlightening winds. This same rush of free expression brings a murmer to my senses of the living greenery in my accompaniment. The order of the universe embraces and surrounds me like the substances of the wind that enclose my being.

Time calls me, greets me, and leaves me as I pass through infinity. I long to awaken to an absolute as I rise from the sleep of birth. Can one grasp the depths of endless realms? It seems likely that I will never know.

But in this web of life there are still things to enjoy, wonderful feelings to be felt, like the warmth and splendor of the meeting of two compassionate minds.

In the desert of life there are many soothing pools which quench the sores and heal the mind with fresh doses of hope. My journey turns from infinity to the task of finding these Oases of life. You are for me one of these restful places. Caring, the ideal, intent, and reason for th intersection of our orbits. Thank you.

Here by the ocean, in this lofty place, I gaze into this sunset, feeling intense, wonderfully alive, and content.

Anonymous said...

Hey hsw,,,those poems are really nice,,,,
You should carry on,well,only if you feel too that is....
Thumbs up from over here though,,,

In my own experience,,writing a poem I is like a focused meditation,,,not that I meditate much,,,,

Keep them coming hsw,,,

Respect to everyone ...neil

nina said...

Fat of the Land: Empire's Empty Offer: Chris Floyd, (Rural Tennessee boy) lyricist and guitar.
http://www.chris-floyd.com/component/content/article/1-latest-news/2282-fat-of-the-land-empires-empty-offer.html

Hotspringswizard said...

Scrap, there was an interesting segment on RT TV today called " Back to the basics " which I think you would have enjoyed. The one guy and his wife who went from living the high life in the big city to residing in a tee pee out in the forest reminded me greatly of my time with my first wife and her two children when we lived in a simple encampment out in the northern Cal forest just a ways south of Mt Shasta, on a portion of the Mc Cloud river :-) Maybe you can view that vid on line, which can probably be found at RT.com, or just google RT.

Hotspringswizard said...

Here is the link to that " Back to Basics " RT video:

http://rt.com/programs/documentary/basics-people-search-success/

Anonymous said...

Rising tide
Luminous scatterings
Heartfelt beauty
Mountain gatherings
Lines of the course
A gust of the living
Ways of the deep
Mystery bringing
Love to the table
Unions wide wings
The dreams of lord Vishnu
Sun and the wind
A heart that is open
Eternitys power
Draws through the earth
The scent of flowers

..peace..



nina said...

New post up, this link is provided for those who go to posts rather than the blog titles shown in bloglists.

http://deepintoartlifewest.blogspot.com/2012/09/phase-ii-2012-is-over-next.html

Love, nina