The dog and I were coming around a favorite city corner late Tuesday when we noticed an obvious hard luck case on the other side of the street we were just about to cross. You know the type, no shirt, filthy jeans, the mandatory satchel, long dirty yellow hair, I never saw his face, but already knew he'd have vacant glassy eyes and grey, lifeless features. Simultaneously, a large, noisy immigrant family group was coming toward us from the opposite corner, many kids on bikes and Moms, Dads with strollers, perhaps twenty people in all. If I wanted to avoid them, with my dog who adores children, I would have to cross over to the hard luck case, now weaving into collapse and so chose to keep walking on the other side as the family drew near. Bernie, my dog, is in training for city walking and very young children are not only a thrilling distraction, but such a crowd can be unknown possibilities for dangerous encounters, especially where bicycle wheels are involved. It wasn't too long before the group caught up with us and Bernie and I were able to keep to the fringes. Meanwhile, across the street, the hardlucker was exhibiting some extreme behavior, none of the group, I mean no one at all looked his way. I was growing more alarmed as it appeared that he was having a breakdown of some sort. I kept having to look over the heads of the crowd while reigning Bernie in closer to my body. I saw this guy reach high up the chainlink fence and grab on, then stretch sideways so his head went all the way down fully disappearing into the satchel sitting on the sidewalk. The chainlink, by the way, happens to wrap all the way around a huge, fairly new elementary school. After about ten minutes, the group was mostly ahead of us, but there had been no change in the hardlucker's pose, head still in satchel, arm achingly twisted above and behind him holding on in a death grip. It wasn't making sense. His arm was beautiful, tanned and strong. I guess I was waiting for the fall which never came because by the time we reached the farthest corner twenty minutes away, his position had not changed. It was as if he was somehow sculpted in place. I could not imagine what he was doing. The entire time he was in my vision, I felt I had to help him. It was an awful feeling realizing there was nothing I could do but keep moving with this crowd of rollicking strangers . The questions and suppositions we make at such times are telling and alarming, was he armed, perhaps a knife, perhaps diseased and contagious, maybe a killer, rapist, a homeless zombie? No, I am positive he was none of these absurd suggestions implanted into our suggestive psyche by the paranoiac news media. But he was a person in trouble, trouble to himself, not to others. A sufferer in need of assistance. He has remained in the forefront of my mind all night and I bear great guilt for not having helped him. And while it was taking place, I knew very well the help I could have provided would have been worse than the situation he was already experiencing.
We have now come to the place where any helper agency cannot possibly do the very jobs they were created and funded to do. What GOOD would it have done to have called 911? To have the swat team arrive instantly surrounding the block at 7 pm with twenty squad cars in full color blinkies and screaming sirens and their particularly tidy way of grounding the so-called perps... it was, after all an elementary school where this guy absent mindedly chose to fade, help of that sort would have arrived in seconds and done exactly what we hear they do. Can you imagine being as hopelessly lost and ill as this man appeared and being forced to his knees and shoveled off in plastic cuffs to the strip search, or at the very least dumped at the city shelter only to be told they are already full for the night and he'd better go somewhere else. Like where? Or maybe a stretcher in the ER for an hour or two and then? I spent a lot of time today searching for shelters of which there are a small few, but they cater primarily to foreclosure families with children, focusing largely on religious affiliation. And if he's a vet, well, drug him up and let him go. This was not the first time and certainly won't be the last time such a sorry scene bursts into our consciousness and therefore I sought sincere alternatives where I could, in good conscience, refer a damaged soul for authentic comfort, follow through and repair. And yet, nothing I found can be held as bearing authentic aid because the system that has created homelessness is a system that has proven itself entirely ineffective in addressing the ugly side effects it spawns. And these side effects are glaring, brutal and escalating the demise of innocents everywhere in a million new backwards, self-serving distortions every time you look upon it.
This is why the immigrant family that overtook Bernie and me continued staring straight ahead and laughing as if the singular misery of a sufferer in breakdown was nothing they had not experienced immeasurable times themselves as an unavoidable part of life, that the journeys undertaken to arrive and survive in the promised land where the streets are paved with gold were so incredibly noxious in savagery, shock and horror that they were drained of compassion in the process, compassion for anyone other than the bearers of their own DNA, never to look sideways again.
I would like you to play at least four of the extraordinary videos at full volume shared on Bho's blog now, Throw down your heart and Oumou Sangare. While you are there, be sure to spend some time with the magnificent and free at last Oliver, the Bear, as well. Afterwards, I invite you to come back and tell me, please, what we ARE doing here? Are we just marking time or unwittingly locked into an eternity of simply passing through?
I'm cutting this post short today because visiting revelers with a multitude of large dogs are arriving shortly and time to think on why it really is that we are here will be delayed while I am there and here although comments of course will be allowed my full attention since I am not much of a reveler, notorious for hiding out with the dogs out back or running off in the rockbuggy to find whatever peace of mind is available.
55 comments:
Hmmm. So wishing I had been walking with you, Nina. At least to determine if this person was in immediate danger.
Spent several years as a staffer in both family and mens/women's shelters. An education that could NEVER be bought in any University, and responsible for stripping away any fear of those so afflicted, and also teaching that there is an incredible amount of mental illness driving that situation. The mental illness part is so varied in its manifestation that you absolutely never know, sometimes from minute-to-minute, what you will be faced with.
A singular woman, even with a dog in tow, really is probably best served by avoiding a direct interaction under these circumstances, so there is no reason to let it echo with you unless it serves to further the lesson, whatever it may be.
It is a shame that aid is so thin these days. If you are in Cali again, it must be worse than ever. Here in MN, there is still funding through the usual religious organization, but that brings some challenges too.
We actually had a list of clergy that were FORBIDDEN from "visiting" the family shelter.........
We are here for various reasons I suppose, and that role may change over time as circumstances shape us and our world. As long as we do our best to keep Love in our hearts I think we are on the right path.
Fur smoothings to all the visitors and Burnie too.
Thank you Z, I'd love for you to have been with me. I've had many past experiences where my presence was welcomed so it is and will always be hard for me to resist reaching out. I used to just drive right under the overpasses and hand out clothes or be the one that took all the donated goods to the migrant workers in need. But these are new times and new generations of sufferers and I truly know not what I could face. You confirm that hesitation as important and I feel it too, but it is an ongoing tragedy living among us regardless of geography. In just this year alone, I've seen it in remote desert towns with populations under 1,000 and cities alike. It is worsening.
Are we just supposed to pretend it does not exist?
I'm sure you are familiar with the Phil Ochs tune There but for fortune.
A lot of people feel like you. My own personal feeling Nina is you can't fix thousands of years of savagery and insanity overnight. This planet has a truck load of karma traveling with it. That doesn't mean it is not painful to watch. I feel that way. In fact I get disgusted at watching people view as total idiots and what is more amazing they think they are intellectuals.
Look at this way, a 26,000 year cycle is closing down, some day you may consider yourself fortunate to watch it. Whatever plane you end up on or what planet, you will have a better idea of what works and what doesn't, who to work with and who to oppose.
There has to be someone sane left down here during these times and maybe you were just picked or volunteered to be one of them.
The universe will eventually restore everything back to the correct order, it may not be on our time line but it will happen.
Life is very disturbing and out of balance .... following your instincts and overriding your good intentions....never an easy choice!...big hearts are broken easy in these times!
Take heart from the Roots family. No rush, no riches. Check the faces.
Ites, turey.
Mick, I read today that remnants of palm trees from 53,000,000 years ago were found recently in Antarctica.
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/12709150-new-study-finds-antarctica-once-subtropical-home-to-palm-trees
Regardless how uncomfortable it gets, and I am saying this from a ghastly hot, daily triple digit temperature location, the lessons and insights make the experience worthwhile. At some point, should the opportunity arise, it would be a good move to travel farther/deeper into it. Like hiking through Costa Rica or living on the sea again. I want to see everything that is happening and revisit old special haunts like Cuzco and Iquitos where the houses stood on stilts over the water, the water is gone now, the sticks are in mud which shall soon turn to hard pan.
***
I might have known you would get the same torn feelings.
...following your instincts and overriding your good intentions...
That is exactly it isn't it, Terrance. Its got to be as old as the caveman wanting to heal an ailing Panther. Deeply imbedded into our entire being.
A brilliant point my friend.
Thank you for noticing Rasta. These are my sweethearts south of your homeland. I remember when they got a tv, everyone came from miles around. We watched the only show available, "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous". Course there was a lot of shock and disbelief and much amusement.
They are exactly as you see them.
No doubt about it Nina, there were tropical climates in the arctic regions and there were glaciers in Brazil, that is proven fact. The evidence is all there for anyone who wants to take a look. It also suggest sudden change as the hairy mastodons in Russia were found with fresh buttercups in there mouths as if flash frozen.
Cayce also predicts flowing waters in the arctic regions where moss and fern will once again grow. Many of us will be around to see this. I think we are at the point where a polar shift is imminent.
The earth has always been a dangerous place. It was sort of a genetic experiment the Nefilim came up with using DNA fragments and their own genes to mine the gold. You gotta believe there are worse planets than this one and some much higher.
Trismegistus proves his divinity. This is so accurate I don't see how it could be debated.
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/profecias/esp_profecia08.htm
And so the gods will depart from mankind, a grievous thing!, and only evil angels will remain, who will mingle with men, and drive the poor wretches by main force into all manner of reckless crime, into wars, and robberies, and frauds, and all things hostile to the nature of the soul. Then will the earth no longer stand unshaken, and the sea will bear no ships; heaven will not support the stars in their orbits, nor will the stars pursue their constant course in heaven; all voices of the gods will of necessity be silenced and dumb; the fruits of the earth will rot; the soil will turn barren, and the very air will sicken in sullen stagnation. After this manner will old age come upon the world. Religion will be no more; all things will be disordered and awry; all good will disappear.
In fact Bholonath struck a chord with me the other day when he mentioned something along the lines he just wanted to get the hell away from people. It reminded me of Thoreau
We are for the most part more lonely when we go abroad among men than when we stay in our chambers. ~Henry David Thoreau, “Solitude,” Walden, 1854.
Why not a pole shift, or SU's meteorite? Why prolong the suffering and satanic machinations? There are billions of people here who need to go back to the spirit world and wait a few billion years before anyone takes another chance on them by giving them a human body. To them it is a weapon capable of destroying entire universes. It appears some of them would really like to.
What ARE we doing here? I don't know, and I also question that anyone REALLY does know.
I know that we, fortunately, are not "drained of compassion in the process, compassion for anyone other than the bearers of their own DNA, never to look sideways again".
It may very well be that you DID help, by your very being there in your full consciousness and compassion.
We (you) are powerful beings. There is no distance. You were 'there'. Something heavy was passing through that being (from your description), and it was his own personal business to face and deal. Sometimes it's like that, and maybe we all have more of that coming and these instances are our heads-up. Compassion from our hearts may be all we can offer where demons proliferate which we need not engage.
Hope you're enjoying the night 'out back'.
much love to you
Thank You Nina. I feel the same. how to help when it is so overwhelming...but you need to do something, anything. Bho's post was amazing. I just rented "Throwdown Your Heart" and will be watching it tonight.
Oliver the broken bear just tore me up, crying for his suffering and crying for his newfound joy. What a beautiful being.
Tom in Tempe Arizona
Thank you for these comments. Its coming together now, every event we are witness to in 3-D carries a lesson.
It started with Bho's post on Monday and like Tom in Tempe, tears were shed, and then came Tuesday's daily walk where the migrant Mexicans and the "man sculpted in suffering" brought home the lesson. Then it harks farther back to a wasp I'd befriended living on my window screen while he passed and shaking the screen he never came off which is exactly how the "hardlucker" appeared... dying, stuck in place on the chainlink.
Any of us who are still here at this point are stuck on a screen, hanging on to the chainlink, because the place we are in is not the right place anymore.
I was shown this suffering and our western system's complete inability to provide or permit solace in an upfront, face-to-face dialogue without fear of reprisal, to talk about it right HERE. It was a warning and a statement on the state.
And by having posted it, everyone reading shares in the lesson and must ask themselves similar questions, however briefly or long.
The western soul, what is left of it, has made the endangered species list.
From Bho: ... Compassion from our hearts may be all we can offer where demons proliferate which we need not engage."
Very close to Zoner's take, I'm relating to both equally. Timeless wisdom. The demons are real and ever ready and should you inadvertently engage with all the best intention, payback is the bitch who returns over and over again, way beyond what was needed to get it.
There is a warning often repeated by those who know ... "Watch out for the evil eye".
Mick: "... Trismegistus proves his divinity. This is so accurate I don't see how it could be debated."
No debate here. This time he writes of is n-o-w. He does apparently leave out the mixed nature of our present, those who see it and those who just want to party on which serves to encourage the duration.
Indeed - the endangered species list, that is where we are.
I think and I don't know, that we are here to be what we are.
Perhaps - to bring the balance of compassion in a world gone undeniably insane. Compassion, real compassion that the heart senses and distributes, feels as real in terms of outcomes, as the physical kind. I'm not talking about laziness - just sometimes it is just not the right thing to help physically and have to deal with a set of demons that one is not equipped to deal with.
There does not seem any way at all that we can now help all of those that could perhaps do with a helping hand. It truly is part of the frothing insanity and systemically the burn-out phase is here.
I struggled with my garden this year. Nothing is growing in the 'right season', but things pop out in the 'wrong season'. We've had all kinds of plagues.
I'm planting spring crops now as it seems that spring has sprung just after summer. I'm also planting winter crops. The times seem to call for the birth of spring and the birth of winter in one season. Confusing stuff!
That brings up a very interesting question, Amarynth. Just what comes after? A one world climate, fresh and healthy and clean, wet enough for fantastic landscapes beyond human imagination? Should the earth burn out to heal itself, the most amazing growth in post-fire takes place, an example would be the California Fire (RED) Poppy. Some species will survive, Fan Palms and Flannelbush survived the Pleistocene. But, we won't be there in the body we presently occupy.
Same thing with the garden Nina. I have to experiment with things that are able to make it. So much glysophate around from round up and probably spraying from the air. Squash are out and cucumbers, watermelons don't do well although you can get a few.
Lettuce still grows well in the winter though, certain types of tomatoes like Patio and large cherry do well. Broccoli also. Yucca is indestructible.
For the most part though I am just passing time. You know the more you look around, that is what we are all doing. The planet is irradiated. This is pretty strong stuff, I am no expert but I have a feeling it is mostly right. If you have a weak stomach don't even bother with it.
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/06/09/kill-one-kill-twelve-kill-millions-kill-billions-2/
"That is all it really takes and you will see we (all humans) are on the wrong end of the atomic gun barrel. Admittedly, extinction is a hard concept to wrap your head around. The thing is, it is a done deal. Our “Bargaining Time” is over.
Spontaneous and therapeutic abortions are climbing as are horribly deformed and mangled lumps of protoplasm; fetuses, that were once supposed to be cherished little babies. However, once set in motion, the Radioactive Contagion is unstoppable and now affects all humans, animals and plants on earth."
Even spiders are spinning radioactive webs. With me I don't mind checking out any time but I feel so sorry for young people who have dreams of their children living happy productive lives. That is going to be impossible on this planet for a long long long time.
Men the world over are becoming sterile. We all have du and uranium in our lungs. The killers suggest chest Xrays which magnifies the soup many times over. Cancer is money in the bank for the pharma and medical industry. They jump gleefully at the thought of it.
Just saw one piece where the vatican actually owns most of the nuclear power industry and guess what the generators they had in japan were the wrong voltage. They would have never worked.
There is spring you probably know it Nina, Rock Springs. When I sit and think of the native Americans who probably lived happily around it, they seem so sane compared to the people I see at the super market who have lost all grounding to themselves and nature, slowly being poisoned with GMO.
Oh well time to shut up, sorry for the rant.
It was a good rant, I was digging it.
Well one more for the strong hearted. There are some shills on this site and then some that put out some good information although .... at times hard to handle.
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/02/13/fallujah-fukushima-and-the-global-radiation-catastrophe-part-i/
Our point of power is in the moment!......free fall seems immanent
onelove
This one did not take.
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/02/13/fallujah-fukushima-and-the-global-radiation-catastrophe-part-i/
I am planning a large party on the other side, etheric plane, however and you are all invited. I will call it the truth tellers convention. As I mentioned on SU's site, there is a handful of people you don't have to explain anything to as they already know it before hand. I have run into many of them. What ever you try and relay they are familiar with it. It is somewhat of a collective consciousness if you will.
People we have known all our lives don't have it, a few we haphazardly encounter on blogs do. Of course you know that already.
I know that makes sense to some of you.
Great rant Dublinmick! You saved me the trouble of saying it although it is well understood in this circle. I am well known for my crazy rants around here. I think all I do is ramp up the cognitive dissadence and make others uncomfortable beacause the truth is trying to make itself known. I know I am tilting at windmills but my frustration constantly boils over. How the hell can you not see the lies, the corruption, the inhumanity and for cryng out loud how the hell can you not see chemtrails!!!!!!!!
Well, my compliment of your rant turned into a rant! Thank God for certain blogs and the sane beings that haunt them, you give me strength and hope.
Much Love & Gratitude.
Tom in Tempe Arizona
There is something that came to my notice with a bang the last few days. It is almost impossible to believe, but some prefer not to see. I kinda knew this intellectually, but something came to my notice where it was clearly spelled out - Some, many, prefer not to see. I always thought it is because some do not know, but to my dismay, I have to now accept that some prefer not to see.
Not sure to which particular aspect of deliberate blindness you were referring, Amarynth, but here's a glaring example, pointed out by Dr. Steve Best, which at the same time illustrates human cognitive dissonance regarding the wider implications of what IS seen.
Set the captives free!
Amarynth, I had the same insight approximately one hour ago. No flash of WOW, more like completing a thought with a period. It was just okay, that is how it is and there is nothing to be done about it.
Stupidity, claiming no knowledge or awareness where increasingly alarming events are heading, is a feigned cover for ongoing and escalating, irresponsible behavior. The condition appears to be genetic, but that is a false appearance because behind the cover, guilt and shame propel the engines. This is happening at all levels of the social spectrum.
Damn Right Mister Nath. Free the continents, free the rivers, the skies and the seas.
I'm sure its all very remarkable to the chroniclers of animalia, but we should have been, from the start, learning from them. Left alone, free in a clean and healthy world, these species are the real survivors.
We can learn the language, wants and needs, likes and dislikes, the moral codes of other species anytime, if only we want to do it. bholanath, I'm sure you would know this from your work with wildlife.
Ha, its rant time by the looks of things.
Nina, what comes after is what we build and make and create to come after, that is, if we are here to build and make and create and be. Perhaps we are only here to move on. But, if we learn now, and do the work now, so that what comes after is holy, and whole, and integritous (sp? I mean full of integrity) and beautiful and flows with the greater cosmos. What comes after is our own cosmic realization of who we are, what we are and what we are capable of, in the space of the greater cosmos. Once we have that realization, nothing matters, because we would be able to steer our vessel and the captives would be free.
Bho, I cannot give more information but once one is aware of consensus reality, deeply aware, and you knowingly turn your back on a life of integrity and deliberately, knowingly, join up and gather with the slave masters of humankind, saying ... 'it is too difficult to continue doing the work', then I for one get plunged into a state of very deep shock. And I am there now.
Fuck 'em All! I will *not* be co-opted! Damn, I'm not a good ranter! If we let go now, and not bring our piece to plant 'reality', we may as well check out by our own hands.
Checking out by ones' own hands is exactly what is already going down with the "stupids".
I see Arthur Silber just put up a new post, let's all run over there and improve our minds.
(See bloglist)
Nina, we all have our limits, and life tends to teach us those limits whenever our help fails to achieve the desired results. My approach is to focus on what we can do with our limited skills/resources. For example, I saw a young guy pushing a beater truck recently. I stopped my bicycle and helped him push the truck to a parking spot. Turned out he'd run out of gas. A $5 gift from me got him on his way. A small gesture, but from his point of view, extremely well timed. I understand your conflicted feelings, but as Zoner says, most of us are not trained to deal with severe mental illness. We have lost our sense of community, and expect the faceless State to take care of things. A loveless thing, it has its own limits.
Tom in Tempe, glad you enjoyed. Nine the piece on Stockholm syndrome was very accurate. It is some what like the Patty Hearst scenario.
The big crowds did not show up for the London Olympics as expected, shops and seats vacant. Hmm
The heiress, as far as I can tell, (common sense tells us so,) was very typical of those times. But you know, her family couldn't let a story go to waste. Imagine that? Throwing your own flesh and blood under the bus for lifetime royalties.
More common than one wants to think.
If you are talking about Arthur Silber's "To my fellow sufferers of Stockholm Syndrome: When your captor is the State" I am sure you had a most enlightening experience.
Charles, I think you are saying, in these situations, our instincts must guide us and that there is always room for generosity and kindness - provided our instincts know the difference between what we can and cannot do. This would be the reason the faceless, loveless state cannot ever, even remotely, address our damaged sisters and brothers , it is a grey area, completely outside models for profit and unlimited growth, a spiritual area actually, where the individual heart must be the guide. YOU did a good one getting off your bike. We can all identify with your example there, from both angles.
August 7
Day 219
COMPOSURE
Although they may have to kill
Or suffer themselves to be killed,
A person of composure remains dispassionate.
Nothing is ever destroyed,
Nothing is ever created.
All is infinity.
For most people, killing is an abhorrence. If they had to kill,
they would be horrified and their emotions would be uncontrollable.
Likewise, if they were being threatened with death, they would be afraid
and would struggle to keep alive.
Both those situations involve extreme attachment to what we know
and how we wish to remain. Both situations indicate a fundamentally
limited view of the world. We assume that we are truly destroying
someone. But though this body may be slain, the soul cannot be slain.
Every soul is but a part of an infinite, cosmic soul.
You could subtract numerous souls from the world, and the number of
souls would not be diminished. Numerous souls could be born, and the
number of souls would not be augmented. Nothing is truly destroyed, and
nothing is truly born. Only appearances change.
Therefore, people of composure view the transformations of the
world calmly. They do not become alarmed with the different permutations
of phenomena. They know that these are all merely outer manifestations
of an indefinable, unlimited, and infinite reality.
Deng Ming Dao
I am in complete agreement with Mr. Dao. His greatness lies in the unlimited applications to which Composure may be applied. It is interesting also, that regardless of a person's views, when in deep sorrow and confusion, this knowledge always brings about immediate healing. It is on a level that literally anyone in suffering is able to relate and therefore, a universal truth.
Thank you Scrap-san.
We must simplify rather than complicate the problems as they exist now. Everything is right here right now. Not being able to except the present moment as it is is very cowardly. When you find yourself reacting with anger to any circumstance, you are only struggling with yourself. When you relinguish this anger, you will be healing yourself and cooperating with the flow of the universe. There is great freedom in this realization.
Replace fear motivated behavior with love motivated behavior. Motivated by truth inside yourself you can face any threat because your inner strength is invulnerable to fear.
Scrap
We cling to our own point of view, as though everything depended on it. Yet our opinions have no permanence; like autumn and winter, they gradually pass away.
Zhuangzi
A sensing wave
Eternity strides
Old mother moon
The man of many wives
Trail of a thunderbolt
A feather rose to heaven
The luminous cradle
A multiplying dimension
Of universal courses
Sources stir and fill
Radiate circumference
Resonate the field
Ripples through conscious
Guiding ever on
Driving always forwards
The earth the sky beyond
..peace.. : )
Last night, a Texas man with an IQ tested at 9 points lower than 70, the point where a person is exempted from the death penalty, was executed by lethal injection in Texas for the murder of an informant. It was surrounded by much controversy, of course, but the prosecution won on the basis of the killer's apparent "leadership" in carrying out the murder and being able to "maintain" a long term "clever career" in unemployment.
Indeed, mental illness and mental deficiency do not fall into a "grey area" as I stated to Charles, but are dealt with in the established system for culling the weak, debated and franchised until "judges" are tired of it and go ahead with what they were going to do all along, slaughter-house the misfits.
We are here, sentient and aware, to reflect creator divine to our fellow sentient beings.
Pure and unvarnished truth. Thank you Amarynth.
Fire in the circle
Gathering of stars
Luminous arising
Dreaming ancient paths
Blossoms made of sunflowers
Waves across the moon
In currents of tranquility
Universal plumes
Draws along the tempest
Carves the inner fire
Galloping the moment
Nature rising higher
The earth that calls within
Cords of living essence
Dreams into eternity
Emblazoned through the senses
..peace..
Another poem nina,,, : )
That is just exquisite neil. Thank you. Also, the work you are doing on Visible's sites is very powerful. A sort of dark side to the brightness you present here.
This one, Fire in the Circle, in particular reminds me of the closing scenes in the films, the Lovely Bones and The Day the Earth Stood Still, another planet, the geography (almost) too beautiful for words.
Just something really bright in this time.
http://www.filmsforaction.org/Watch/Awakening_the_Village_Heart_and_Mind/
Well well well
we are certainly not in Kansas anymore.
Thanks nina now I will have to watch those films as I haven't seen them,,,,any good poems should be attributed straight to the divine loving high,,,any others are really a learning process of me trying to get out the way somehow,,,,,,
It was a really good weekend for poems,I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of writing them,,,,,You were lucky you didn't get flooded out with them as by last night I had been completely overcome
To be honest I'm glad we got through the Olympics with no bombs going off,,,,
Have a nice big happy rosy smile Nina .....Neil : )
Yep, holy shit...not in Kansas, girlfriends.
Want to second the praises for neil's recent output, here and at vis. You're swimin farther out in the stream, bro.
Things are falling apart, eh?...security cams turned off at gurudwara (natch), interviewed witnesses in Aurora from central casting (resumes online).
Then there's the quick "mystical" endorsement of Ryan by Teddy Nuge. Excuse me while I go out and scream in the woods.
onelove
This has been all over the news this morning, in the number two position under Ryan.
Note the smirk:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/14/veteran-officer-gunman-die-in-shootout-near-texas-am/
Where have we seen this smirk before, and before that?
T W Martindale (Sagwu Usdi '98)
Life is but a vapor that soon fades away.
We are born into this world with nothing at all.
And our departure of this life will be as we came...
Leaving us to wonder, "What IS the point of my existance?"
It must be for other lonely souls we touch each day.
So many hurt just as we hurt AND feel as we feel.
Though oft times we're preoccupied and seem not to have time...
Touch them we must, with kind words and in deeds.
Many are they that wonder if they are worth anything at all.
We leave them feeling as a mere convenience OR inconvenience,
Just depending upon how our moods strike us each day...
This is no way to treat one another... It just should not be!
So reach out to someone and show them you care.
Leave each person you meet with the feelings of self worth.
Be kind to one another while opportunity still waits...
For life is a vapor that soon fades away.
Also check out
http://www.nativetech.org/poetry/index.php
Thanks bho,,,, Neil. : )
Another Time and Place - Dave Van Ronk
When first I met you years ago
in another time and place
a thought came to my mind
I'd never seen a kinder face
or warmer laugh and gentler smile
or eyes so full of light
I'd be a fool if I didn't fall
in love with you that night
We've tramped around the world my dear
our fortune was to roam
but each place that I've been with you
that place has been my home
if now I wander on alone
with no place to abide
I'll be content for I was sent
those wanderings at your side
Love that blossoms in the night
can't stand the test of time
it ebbs and flows it comes and goes
no reason reach nor rhyme
as each day becomes another day
each year another year
I'd trade a year in heaven
for a day with you my dear
The miles flow on and I am gone
to a wild and empty land
where time's like an empty room
and space an empty hand
and the things we said and the jokes we made
are echoes in the waste
we'll meet again when hills are green
in another time and place
New post up: we
interrupt your enheeeeeeeeee attention for an impor zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Ah, to the partner of my dreams who put up Dave Van Ronk's poetry, can you also flat pick Candy Man?
MANY THANKS and PRAISES
Post a Comment