The truth in that line is everybody's truth, like it or not, but feeling good is definitely not in the cards for little people without going to extremes to avoid all the unnatural and complex detours into bureaucratic cul de sacs involved with surviving intact the nightmare our once-normal, once-routine lifestyles have now become. Monsters Ball and Inception are but two recent examples, Inception being the portrait of a life lived in layers of dreams, anchored by a small brass top, once spun, places the spinner into yet another dream, all of which are eventually supposed to mean something, but doesn't mean anything more than a digitized burp depicting the little peoples' everyday experience in the maze our lives have unwittingly entered. Its a jungle out there. A minefield. You are advised to tread cautiously and read between the lines. Supposedly fictional, these screenplays are written by someone. To write well, the experience must ring true. Fake, we are already too familiar with, you know it can't pass for truth on any level, but authentic writing requires the author to have walked in the shoes of his storyline on some level close to home. Fiction, for the most part, is not exactly fictional if its in any manner worthy of your time.
The oxymorons of these days leave us speechless. When you pause to examine your own behavior, there are missing in-betweens, those spaces where we breathe evenly, carry out routine tasks, go from one activity to the next seamlessly. Instead, what is taking place is a halting awareness of the swinging pendulum, good to bad, bad to good, where life unfolds as sweetly as it will, or cruelly as it does. We stand at the gates peering into the Zombie Food Court during its expanding construction program, a timeless wonder, a partnership of fundie icons engaging the wariest of travelers with Disney-Bellagio hallucinations in the interior PCP circular stair crawl to the stars. Towering above them, we see down, lower and deeper into the darkness of the void, before jerking back on a bungee just in time, feet landing in dirt, weeds show clawing at the edges of the cliff overhanging the bubbling deep fry. It is strange, this SCOTUS ruling, because if you go outdoors naked, you will certainly be hauled off by enforcement to the big house where you will be lawfully stripped-searched. In this fashion, your nakedness would make it less physically and vocally exerting for the enforcement force to perform their in-house tasks. How easy is it anyway to strip an already naked human being? Have no doubt, such a case will likely be argued soon enough. And have positively, absolutely, an entire mountain range of probability that however the case comes to the forefront, you will be strikingly horrified, alarmed all over again and repulsed at the stunning twists and turns presented in the ruling. Ah, but this is everyday life in its twenty-first century normal. A nonstop Ken Kesey bus as bullet train to destinations no one has ever been before or returned from.
We've been dealing with a rocky relationship from the start, exacerbated with too much outside input and too little interpersonal communication. Chart it if you like, you'll see the pattern easily. Neither the North nor the South Poles know what the other feels, wants, desires, is drawn towards, dislikes, loathes, does with their time elsewhere, or acknowledges any naturally human traits that make up the integrity of the individual having given up on giving a damn long ago. Both do what they wish, compassion is a lie, guilt omnipresent, existing day after day, year after year under pressure to perform positively inside the chill winds of ambient abuse, all involved resolute in their correctness. Sound familiar?
It appears unlikely we have the slightest control over what is taking place on the ground. According to Mick's new essay, we do however have command over the universe in that our direct connection to the outcomes lie within each soul making up the body of the species known to us as homo sapien. In other words, to quell planetary chaos, our job is simple, while from the perspective of the vain individual, impossible to accomplish. To escape the repeating cycle of the little man forever locked into ancient patterns of self-annihilation writ small, then writ larger becoming even smaller, again reproducing himself as larger on some false ideal of his significance within the total scheme, we only need recall these words: Come Together. Anything short of One Love insures continuance of ignorance resulting in guaranteed extinction and the dissolution of our planet into space dust ... which could happen at any time, suddenly or gradually. Were the living species warned the Pleistocene would wash over soils and habitats? Of course, there were signs just as the signs are present today. I don't find it frightening at all, its rather beautiful and predestined, freeing in fact, to be a part of the Universe completely unrelated to beginnings and endings beyond the indulgent, noxious deviations among our floundering species. There at last is the reason many of us never feel good, confused, ill and out of context with the life experience, frequently succumbing to antagonists served up through the deep fry bubbling over into the mainstream, the TAO balance ever evident and taken for granted, void of compassionate understanding our entire borrowed existence in these flesh envelopes temporarily offered us for the sole purpose to make whole the most natural and beneficial nutrient as only seven billion heavenly sources of purity and love can and must do. In our shallow minds, we insist on immediate gratification never imagining its TAO partner, there can be no fast without slow.
A few years ago I presented a similar piece which was hotly contested by the few oldschool Ayn Randers still working their useless schtick exposing themselves as not nearly as intelligent as they saw themselves to be. The point I made and make again is the same, the time nears we must get it together with our bredren in spite of their perspectives. There is no enemy. There are only destructive, degrading forces unaware of Universal consequence, forces which must adapt into awareness of the higher principles required for a peaceful transition as we join the Milky Way. I see this as the only possibility for infinite growth - out there. The infinite growth so treasured by little man treasuries willingly ensnared under the law of gravity, can only come about by living every moment with right intention, a state actually available to all by simply putting the matter of planetary continuation in the forefront of your every thought and action.
If the results of the effort do not come to fruition in our lifetime, it matters none, wherever its going, it will get there on a timetable of its own. To have seen and to have put in our seemingly miniscule portion is all that matters regardless of the outcome. That we work towards transition as bearers of positive change allows the possibility of positive change to take place at all. We have no way of knowing our entrance into the Milky Way will be the last stop for Earth either. When you can grasp a glimpse into the magnitude of future possibility based on unlimited Universal unknowns, as it eviscerates knowing though humanity's mundane meat-grinder, you will, it is guaranteed, at last feel good.
He say I know you, you know me
One thing I can tell you is
You got to be free
Come together, right now
Over me
*****
Heard of MiFi? To date we have been using the internet in the typical manner humans waste their God-given potential, twisted as usual into a profit vehicle doubling as crowd control extending the false and backward interpretation of infinite growth within the low and growing lower consciousness of our species. It could instead, become a brilliant mechanism though which trust and OneLove deliver us from suicidal hopelessness and wallowing inside repeating circles of increasing failure, great minds saw this potential years before it was Bernaysed into its present existence. You might recall BBS? Forget Al Gore's claim, the web was originally developed through the selfless dedication of skilled human beings as a medium for sharing and building as seva, where enrichment fantasies were not a consideration.
If you read the comments in the last post, you might have noticed I was down for awhile, plodding though the dumpsters of sleazoid bread and circuses carpetbagging though urbanista, destined to be overtaken yet again by yet another and another grand promenade for profit, here today, more tomorrow, until finally the babysitter's abusive hold could no longer contain the overflow of clownish justifications. All it took was one enlightened being from the real world of compassionate intelligence to clue me in to what could be and I remain sincerely grateful. If you can get onto MiFi, you'll do yourself a favor, but do exercise caution, overuse and misguided intention could take you away from our true purpose. I leave you to light your own path. Jah guide.
![]() |
| Bald Eagle, photography © Hot Springs Wizard, 2012 |
turn on your speakers
from Bholanath, righteous.

82 comments:
I have three words: Stanford Prison Experiment. The institutions of the powerful and the powerless will inevitably lead to the same results, no matter where they are played out. The dysfunction is at the very heart of the hierarchical system. Only when the system changes, will we get better outcomes.
The system will remain cast in stone until all the people humble themselves into accepting each others' value.
Shoot me a link please, KM, that one sounds pretty interesting, thanks. This situation begs for greater understanding.
Which one of these would you recommend?
All seem to give a reasonable background on the subject. If you have access to an academic search engine, I would recommend you go straight to the source. The author is Zimbardo, and the original paper was "On the Ethics of Intervention in Human Psychological Research: with special reference to the Stanford Prison Experiment." Zimbardo has since published several more papers with increasing insight. All are worth checking out. I can send you a pdf of the original paper if you can't get access. Just let me know where to send it.
Kathleen
Only if it is easy for you: artlifewestatgmaildotcom
I am holding off on the mifi, I have never even had a cellphone or wifi. I did see a piece on apple juice and rosemary being very beneficial as to microwave exposure however. They say nothing breaks down double strand DNA like a cellphone. It will probably be BP Horizon or Fukushima that does me in, won't be a cellphone.
Did you read about the retired pharmacist in New York caught slipping mercury in hospital food? Apparently agenda 21 is just not working fast enough for him.
Are you writing about MiFi as it exists in the "real" world or is this a reference that went way over my head? ( Constant reader, rare commenter - Earl )
Athansor, I've seen you comment before, welcome. I am talking about "real" world MiFi and your question is certainly reasonable considering how these essays go. :)
Are you a jockey by any chance?
Second thing today I have not heard about Mick. Who WAS this guy? Link me por favor.
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpps/news/ny-man-accused-of-poisoning-hospital-food-dpgapx-20120331-gc_18946683
This is the one, I hate to link faux news though.
Perhaps that faux story came about for an entirely different purpose than that tidy little media blurb appears? Perhaps a digital thermometer mfg corp is ready to file an IPO... or perhaps impossibly obtuse under-perforated packaging will have us using dangerous objects such as toothpicks and scissors while attempting to avoid breaking the glass stem resulting in not only a jump in price, but the peace of mind of safety-conscious citizens.
everyday the media stokes the fire that prevents any notion of coming together. my strategy is to do it on my small micro scale. just try and be civilized with the people I actually interact with. Im always amused at people all whipped up over peoples across the world that are abstractions romanticised in their minds - while bitchfesting on people in their own space! This is particularly true of aMurkens. If I cant be civilized - I stay in the woods. and when the big agenda says I cant live here anymore then i guess I'll die here. Now that I know what I am going to do if and when, I have no worries and just dig in the dirt, put brush and paint to paper, enjoy the living world and so on. One way most everyone could feel good would be to turn off the noise is possible. half way home.
Nina - Thanks for the reply. Not a jockey, but have been working mainly in the Thoroughbred racing industry for many years. 5'10" and 220 lbs :-)
All the various methods of cultivating body and mind have two key aspects: let go and look back. Let go of the butcher’s knife, stand firmly on the earth, and become a buddha. The ocean of suffering has no end, so look back to the shore. All you need to do is let go and look back for once and your diseases will suddenly be healed—which erroneously is called sudden awakening. This really is unlimited life.
the Food of Civilization "... Throughout the modern ‘developed’ world, we really never much think about why civilization exists, or why all this infrastructure we take for granted exists, or why it’s actually all even “there” in the first place. We assume that it is just the logical outcome of the growth of our society, which it is, but its reasons and purpose for its existence is what we fail to identify. ..."
Scrap, a fine observation in a brief statement which says everything.
And the other half, Chickory? If one can get halfway there, what's it take to be there fully?
I'm interested in your take, you are obviously onto something beautiful.
Everyday is a great day in a million little ways, counting them up is part of the joy.
BTW, your world map garland and "In the Night Garden" have special places of honor out here, far removed from interference, so grateful, all over again, to have these threads of exquisite continuity.
"The plain fact is that the planet does not need more successful people. But it does desperately need more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers, and lovers of every kind. It needs people who live well in their places. It needs people of moral courage willing to join the fight to make the world habitable and humane. And these qualities have little to do with success as we have defined it."
The above found at Circle Of Simplicity/Return to the Good Life:
http://www.cecileandrews.com/
And here is the introduction to Cecile's book, Less Is More:
http://newsociety.com/var/storage/blurbs/9780865716506_intro.pdf
And lastly, here are some images I took yesterday while on a hike in a remote desert location I call Hidden Valley. A good friend Greg who I met many years ago at Deep Creek Hot Springs went along with me, as well as his pooch Lilly, and my two, Piper and Tema. We had a relaxing lunch in the warm sunshine along the side a small trickling temporary desert creek, and there five years ago I planted a cut off branch from one of the Cottonwood Trees in my yard :-)
It has grown ( see it in photo ) slow because it is growing down through the cracks of solid rock and sandy soils, but there is enough water below the surface that when the creek dries up, the little Spirit Tree as I call it survives through even the hottest hundred plus degree days that summer has to offer. As we sat and ate, Buzzards where coming buy overhead, heading up the canyon on their yearly migration to areas north :-)
Another pic shows a little pool I built to collect rain water runoff which I gather up at times and store in a couple of barrels nearby for use in cooling off on hot summer days and water for my dogs. I named that spot the Crystal Oasis and I made a big rock garden there too. My friends eyes went real wide when he saw all of the rocks I have put there :-)
The last pic of the big boulder and bright green vegetation shows a desert spring I named Helios, as it is remote and had no name :-) The tall green shrubs are Desert Olive's, and with abundant rainfall they will produce small bright blue berries which are eaten regulary by the local birds and ground animals. I'd like to collect a bunch of them sometime to see if when crushed up they would make a good natural dye to put on the little clay heads I make :-)
And yes, the pics have been altered to reflect my feelings when I'm out there, that being it is always an experience like a Dreamtime walk-a-bout of a southwestern desert aborigine, one of the Circle Clan :-)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/7052675499/sizes/l/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/6906582528/sizes/l/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/7052673971/sizes/l/in/photostream/
nina your beautiful,i saw that picture at lord visibles,,,anyway i was reading a little about consorts,you know shiva and parvati and stuff,,,and have come to the thinking,that you nina,and chickory too and mrs life su and wayfarer,by some strange method are actually the consorts of the poems,as when i have distinct feeling of you and the others the poem pretty much writes itself,,pretty weird dont you think,,,,i bet bho knows about this sort of stuff
anyway have a big smile...neil
Hugs and kisses arriving at your door any minute now lord neil.
And please give us one of the examples you've been reading. I can't say just how weird, or perhaps Divine, until I see it.
Its always about the person inside anyway. Appearances are just, well, appearances.
Dearest HSW, let me apologize for the delay in responding to you. I think I have a desert flu? I have been waiting for days for the physician to call me back, at this writing, he has not which speaks badly of the big outfits and their bigshots with auto response machines: Press one for ... Press two for ... Press three and get the sub-menu where you are asked to press one for ... no matter if you keep calling, they will have an anonymous someone get back to you when you are all better and don't need them.
Your works will always stand in a category of their own, they need nothing to psychedelicize the content. Bald Eagle is singularly beautiful, but so are your pups and the creeks, naturally wonderful as you know those beings and places really are.
>RESPECTS<
well nina i still dont really know a lot about consorts but i have noticed
padmasabhava also had his aswell,,i know lord lash doesnt go much on padmasabhava but i like him he had rainbow bodies and everything,which i would say is pretty cool,,,so i'm reckoning that if this consort thing works for the great great story tellers sages and others,it must pretty much work for us little people too,,,
also i know me calling people lords and stuff gets on peoples nerves,,its not so much about them personally its because they are devoted to speaking the truth,which i would say is a pretty lordly thing in a jesus sort of way,,,
anyway have more big smiles and kisses nina,,,,neil
Nina, regarding " psychedelicize the content ", I enjoy doing the alterations on occasion when because of the image content a painting " of sorts " comes out that I like :-)
Hope you are feeling better soon. Seems like I've talked to alot of people lately who are sick from one thing or another. None of it has got to me...yet :-)
Tao Of Simplicity
I take a bottle of wine, and go to drink it among the flowers
We are always three, counting my shadow, and my friend the shimmering moon
Happily the moon know nothing of drinking, and my shadow is never thirsty
When I sing, the moon listens to me in silence
When I dance, my shadow dances too
After all festivites the guest must depart, this saddness I do not know
When I go home, the moon goes with me, and my shadow follows
....
Something I heard ( the Tao title I made up ) in music from Vangelis, his work titled, China. That was back in the late 70,s when it came out, and as another one of his works titled " Portraits " has as its subtitle,
So long ago, so clear
The poem reminds me of my wonderful times spent at a remote place on Deep Creek I named Zanadu.
The first pic shows the smooth granite sculpted by the eons of rushing water. There are very fascinating features there, signs in the stone of ancient waterfalls long gone, one which is a roundish void going about 17 feet straight down into solid granite, carved out by falling water from above, where no rock now exists, and I call it the Enigma Hole :-) I can't even imagine the time it took for that kind of change. Its a mezmerizing atmosphere, sitting in the sun or shade, swimming, watching nature, letting the mind wander :-)
The second pic shows a close up of the waterfall seen in the first photo off in the distance. The many bubbles created by the little fall provide for a natural jaccuzi feel, and by the grace of nature, there is a huge boulder underneath the water that you can sit on, right in the bubbles :-)
The third pic shows one the special spots I like to sit at in the shade, on a seat shaped rock at the edge of the sand, seen just below a branch of the Sycamore growing to the right along the crack :-)
The last photo shows the view looking down stream. The myriad shapes carved in stone, and their seemingly impervious qualities really makes me think of the fleeting nature of our time here. We are just passing shadows, etheral ghost in the wind when compared to the greater design :-)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/2483185509/sizes/o/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/2484016422/sizes/o/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/2483994850/sizes/o/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/2484007374/sizes/o/in/photostream/
HS Thanks for the Li Po Poem. As we know he tried to embrace the moon while out in a boat and fell into the water and drowned. Too your pics help make the day a bit brighter.
Scrap
For you Nina to make you feel better. Bob Marley's Sun is Shining. Move the fire to the soles of your feet and feel the cool water rising.
Sun is shining, the weather is sweet
Make you want to move your dancing feet
To the rescue, here i am
Want you to know, y'all, where i stand
(monday morning) here i am
Want you to know just if you can
(tuesday evening) where i stand
(wenesday morning)
Tell myself a new day is rising
(thursday evening) get on the rise
A new day is dawning
(friday morning) here i am
(saturday evening) want you to know just
Want you to know just where i stand
When the morning gathers the rainbow
Want you to know i'm a rainbow too
So, to the rescue here i am
Want you to know just if you can
Where i stand, know, know, know, know, know
We'll lift our heads and give jah praises
We'll lift our heads and give jah praises, yeah
Sun is shining, the weather is sweet
Make you want to move your dancing feet
To the rescue, here i am
Want you to know just if you can
Where i stand
(wenesday morning)
Tell myself a new day is rising
(thursday evening) get on the rise
A new day is dawning
(friday morning) here i am
(saturday evening) want you to know just
Want you to know just where i stand
When the morning gathers the rainbow
Want you to know i'm a rainbow too
So to the rescue, here i am
Want you to know just if you can
Where i stand, know, know, know, know, know
We'll lift our heads and give jah praises (repeat)
Sun is shining, the weather is sweet
Make you want to move your dancing feet
To the rescue, here i am
Want you to know just if you can
Where i stand, no, no, no, no, where i stand
Sun is shining, sun is shining
Love Scrap
To nourish yourself in quietude: lie on your bed, completely relax body and mind, let your whole body melt without using even a tiny bit of effort, so that you feel as if there was no body. Breathe naturally and exert not even a trace of effort in the mind-and-heart— when a thought arises, this is already the use of effort. Place your mind calmly on the soles of your feet and from there guide fire down and water up, so that the qi and blood in the entire body flow vibrantly.
neil, it could only be that in certain circles, the context for using lord affectionately as you do, is unconsciously mistaken as a harking back to the lords and ladies of rule under monarchy. And behind the concept of monarchy is a fundamentally flawed idea that one is more pure and perfect than another.
How you are using lord confers heartfelt respect. We are free to respect whom and what we wish, are we not?
HSW, backing up Scrap's comment. Did you know your Xanadu series has audio? As the photographer, you do because you are there in 3D, but the viewer hears it too. You put us there.
... But oh! that deep romantic chasm which slanted
Down the green hill athwart a cedarn cover!
A savage place! as holy and enchanted
As e’er beneath a waning moon was haunted
By woman wailing for her demon-lover!
And from this chasm, with ceaseless turmoil seething,
As if this earth in fast thick pants were breathing,
A mighty fountain momently was forced:
Amid whose swift half-intermitted burst
Huge fragments vaulted like rebounding hail,
Or chaffy grain beneath the thresher’s flail:
And mid these dancing rocks at once and ever
It flung up momently the sacred river. ...
from Kubla Khan
Gratitude to you, Scrap, for all your life-enhancing illuminations. Indeed, the day grows brighter.
No words. Just Thank-you.
Too kind, you could do as well. If you felt like it, that is. I always admired your words on the forum. Recall the dream discussion?
I bow to you Amarynth.
Hey Scrap, forgive me, I didn't see those posts this morning. Thank you so much. That is exactly the right thing to hear and do. Going there soon. Bless you
It has occurred to me that a person's representative-self can damage healing thorough the tunnel of Should and Must. The way out is when one realizes it. It does come back, but after the initial understanding, bears no weight.
And the physician thing I mentioned earlier, has been continuing into this evening making it a total of five days cat and mouse. What we are seeing is the Peter Principle at work. Too big too fast, too important to handle an an equivalent amount of cases in anything even remotely resembling a timely manner. This theme is played out nearly everywhere on an hourly basis. Its not a shock, we knew it was happening, but did not consider how pervasive it is. It is a sad thing for all those driving bumper to bumper stuck in the tunnel forever.
Thank you Scrap and Nina, glad you enjoyed the pics :-) I named that spot Zanadu, liking the Z instead of X, but the meaning of it is still for me " an idyllic and beautiful place " which is one of the definitions of Xanadu :-)
Here are three more pics taken at Zanadu. The first photo shows our daughters Amber and Lea enjoying what I call the Mystic pool, the one with bubbles in my previous set. Much cherished time spent with the family there, and even so many times on my own :-)
The second photo shows the opposite side of the Mystic pool from where the fall producing bubbles is. I love the little Sycamores that grow there. The granite feature in front of it I imagine as the pointed shoe of a giant stone being :-) There is wonderful shade under the granite overhang above all summer long and lots of great places to lay or sit to enjoy the scenery from :-)
In the third photo, from the Mystic pool a steep ridge, the beginnings of which can be seen beyond the pool, goes up to the right of the photo, climbing 1000 feet in elevation, as high as the brown mountain in the far distance, and I hike this ridge to reach the area.
At the top of this ridge is a large rock outcrop where I used to camp for many years in the 80,s, and I named it the Eagles Crest as I would spend time sitting on top of it, eating or just appreciating the magnificent vista, and it made you feel like a great bird on a very high perch, where you could just push off and soar over the Deep Creek canyon far below. The Golden Eagle photo you posted Nina I took about a quarter mile north of the Eagles Crest :-)
And in the last photo also you see our pooch Tema, who is always captivated by all the little chubs swimming around her feet, and she will just stand there in the water watching them for a very long time :-)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/3936351696/sizes/l/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/2856034465/sizes/l/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/3936403186/sizes/l/in/photostream/
Oh and Nina, I was looking at close up satellite images of the Red Rock area just northwest of Vegas. I have been there before, just beyond the visitors center, on the long scenic one way loop that winds against the mountains. My longtime hot springs friend who's goes by the nickname of Nevada Naturist hiked into those same rocks after summer thunderstorms and found various large pools ( from the rain water ) that you could actually swim in :-)
I'll have to check it out next time I'm up that way. If you get up there to see the Red Rock area for yourself Nina, on the western edge of that rock area there is a parking spot, and you can access around through some canyons back into the middle of them more easily. I've gone exploring that way but would like to go even further into that beautful area of amazing red rock formations :-)
Nina, you referenced "meat grinders" in your post, and I couldn't help being reminded of a favorite little story of mine. Thought I'd share it. It's humbling.
http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html
Very interesting pics. I never imagined a stream that clear in Australia. I hear there are a lot of poisonous snakes in Australia, do you see many ?
"No Words"
"The oxymorons of these days leave us speechless."
Even 'oxymoron' is such a moronic word, no criticism intended here.
I was 'kicked out of bed' at some ungodly early hour the last night to find myself in the kitchen with no real memory as to how I got there. I was simply there, only to find that the 'child' that kicked me out of bed, was the same as the earthquake in Jakarta. During the day, the quakes continued, as my belly continued to quake.
And then, during this day, I found something, perhaps even from a link from here, I don't remember, saying: "Anybody can be a Hindu as long as they are searching for truth."
From these visceral experiences, and from the words on this blog, it becomes clear that we, the species, need to say NO! and continue to say NO until such time that we have space to make our NO into a a non-illusionary world.
If we cannot do that, we may as well just drift and use many words to describe the drifting.
The oxymoron (grins) is that words have power.
Much Love.
Hiya Mick, who is showing pictures of Australia?
Free, that IS a neat story, I'm glad you put it up. Sent me on a long thought trip, we love thought trips, way out there where its so interesting. Vain Humans always think there are enemy aliens in space who mirror themselves in appearance, intentions and deeds, certain those evil creatures will be up to no good. They would have reason to think it considering the blended aliens already here.
Your story may well provide a more realistic view, humans as meat... can it be denied? No. Our clawing of the Earth for resources to make more meat. Works in with Survival Acres recent food post.
You had some visceral experiences today! BTW, We felt Utah's pain in Nevada. Everything ok, amarynth? Living around the Ring of Fire as you are now, you'll notice mild disturbances on a regular basis. This is exactly why San Ofre is, ah, endangered. Wouldn't you think from quakes alone the Wetikos would get hip?
"Dreamtime walk-a-bout of a southwestern desert aborigine, one of the Circle Clan :-)"
I thought the wizard was talking about Australia but I see he means California. That answers that question on the snakes. I have seen hundreds of side winders in that place. One Mohave rattler also. The are pink like the sand dunes and you have about 2 minutes when they bite you. A wild life guy told me don't bother trying to get help, just write your will in the sand.
There is one known as Mojave Green that has that same reputation, people can recover by immediately applying the cut and spit technique, I'd think a tourniquet too, but spend the next month/s in the ICU under constant monitoring. So excruciatingly painful, I hear, pain meds have no effect. Victims would rather die.
This is not a guy we'd like to meet on a hot summer afternoon.
We live in Mojave Green country here in northeastern Apple Valley. I talked with a man a few years ago that built a new home about a mile from our residence and in his first year at his house he said he came across more than a dozen around the place. I have seen them run over on the road nearby our home.
We live up against Granite Mountains, very rocky, and so far after living here since 2004 I have only seen a number of another type of rattlesnake in our yard, the South Western Speckled rattlesnake. These are the ony type of rattlesnake that I have seen in the mountains locally that I hike, and I have never seen a Mojave Green in the mountains around here.
The Mojave Green is the most deadly of all north american reptiles. Just thought I'd also mention Nina that cutting a snake bite area and trying to suck out the poisen is just a myth. It does not work. Like with any poisonous rattlesnake bites the best thing is to try and stay still and cool, and get to a hospital for antivenom ( very expensive ) as soon as possible.
The snakes are out now and I saw a baby Southwestern Speckled rattlesnake last week on Turtle Mountain. I was out hiking Raven Mountain today but the weather is quite cool and windy keeping the snakes under cover. I put four pics from my hike today at my flickr site for anyone interested :-)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35054303@N00/?saved=1
Here is a link to some info about the Mojave Green, and reference the first photo down for a good representation of what they look like. The ones around here do have a slight greenish tint to them:
http://ghost32.hubpages.com/hub/Snake-Stories-The-Mojave-Green-Rattlesnake
And in the post I did where I wrote this "Dreamtime walk-a-bout of a southwestern desert aborigine, one of the Circle Clan :-)", the photos in that post show an area I go to which I call Hidden Valley / Crystal Oasis and I had taken my frind ( seen in one of the photos ) there for the first time and he sent me this link tonight saying the man's natural art reminded him of my simple art things that I do, like my circles, heads, rock garden, etc.
There is a green frog at the top of the link site that reminds me of your green frog post pic Nina. I think you will all appreciate this man Andy Goldsworthy's artful natural expressions :-)
http://www.morning-earth.org/artistnaturalists/an_goldsworthy.html
Before I run off to your links Mr. Wizard, I'd like to remind readers not up on snake behaviors, they hate cold weather and love high heat and sunbathing. You usually won't see them on any days but the hottest ones, so choose your hiking days wisely.
And HSW, victims agree with you on the uselessness of cut and spit. The right thing is do nothing that causes the blood in your body to circulate the poison faster than is already happening.
I'm thinking Mick's pink snakes would be closely related to the Mojave greens. Different camouflage for different landscapes?
Profound, from Freeacre: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKDXuCE7LeQ&feature=player_embedded
How to cure the ills of a misdiagnosed, untreated global population.
I don't care for snakes very much and was distracted by the topless women in the Wizards flicker. I book marked that one.
Arizona has more species of rattlesnake than any other and some look so much alike they claim you have to analyze the venom to tell the difference. The coontail rattler is what I am most familiar with from Arizona. They have rings above the rattler and are very aggressive, not as aggressive as the sidewinder though as I had them bite the tires of a ram charger a couple of times. Also turned around changing a tire and one was getting ready to bite me in the arse!
The one the game warden showed me looked like a pink albino. He dropped a rat in the cage and the rat went beserk because it knew what was coming. After a while the snake bit it and it was instant death.
A guy I know was walking through the brush on the Rio Colorado and he stopped as a large coontail was coiled in a limb about a foot from his face. He froze and gently moved backwards. A friend of mine had a brother who worked for the power company and a coontail bit him on the leg. He almost lost the leg as it swiveled up badly but turned out O.K. considering.
Mojave venom can be up to 20 times the as potent as diamondback venom, although its quantity will typically be about 1/6 that of a diamondback. Specific references to Mojave and its unusual venom are:
The Venomous Reptiles of Arizona, (Arizona Game and Fish) pp 55-56.
Journal of Herpetology, Vol 23 no. 2, pp 131ff (1989)
Herpetologica, vol 47 No. 1 (March 1992) pp 54ff
One other note on the Mojave: There is a central Arizona version which can be considered a subspecies. The principal difference between it and its more widely distributed cousins is that its venom is very similar to diamondback venom. This therefore makes it less dangerous than other Mojaves. There are also hybrids which have components from both venom types. Hybrids present the particular danger of a local reaction which may fool victims and medical personnel into believing the culprit was some other rattler until the systemic reaction due to neurotoxin sets in later. Even experts can't tell the difference between different varieties of Mojave except by analyzing the venom.
I can't log into my blog right now. ??
Dublinmick
swirling living
starry seas
milky substance
wavy dreams
dynamic clusters
strands and plumes
heart and soul
brush and blooms
charge the air
warmth of fire
nurtures all things
binding higher
rising upwards
the filling source
a vibrant lift
of changing course
..peace..
am sorry it is very very late again nina,,,,as usual....neil
Nina, thank you for the unexpected gift of my little ebook cover on your blog. Resistance, revolution, liberation--I think that's what we're all about, though I feel like a small cog crushed in a very big machine most of the time. Your blog is an oasis of sanity and reality--thank you.
Wow! Dub's latest is definitely worth the read. Very thought-provoking life story of a mad truth-seeker (-finder?) of the early 20th century. Recommended.
Hey when Bho likes it I know I am on to something! :)
Now this one is pink. I don't remember the one the wildlife guy had having that many black marks but it was 32 years ago. Look how pink the critter in the picture is though. Snakes fascinate me but I have to admit I don't like them too well.
http://grandcanyontreks.org/snakes.htm
Now here in Florida I walked out front one night and almost stepped on a pygmy rattler. Don't let the size fool you, same venom. I had flip flops on also. I don't know where that sucker went but I hope far from around here.
Once also up in north Florida I ran into a puff adder by the tree in the back yard by the lake. My first thought was help me Jesus there is a cobra in the back yard! I went in the house and came back outside but he was gone. They are harmless but I would have probably engaged in mortal combat with him because I thought it was seriously a cobra and had three small kids running around the place.
Dub, just give me a call, I'm a certified snake remover/relocator (grin).
I see this good advice in your link Dub about the treatment of rattlesnake bites. The thing is, the venom moves deeper into the tissues quickly and any blood you might get from cutting a snake bite puncture area will be circulating blood coming into the bite area from an unaffected part of the circulatory system ( with no poisen in it ), with the snake venom moving as quickly in the circulation flow away from the injection points.
But in the old cowboy movies it looks convincing with the Bowie knife slices on the snake punctures and mouth sucking snake poisen removal. I remember as a boy scout always having the trusty snake bite kit with rubber suction cylinders as part of them. I never got a bite so did not get to find out how useless those kits really were in regards to poisen removal :-) Here is the up to date and accurate advice at Dub's link:
" Please don't panic! Snakebites should be treated carefully and conservatively. Don't jump in with knives, tourniquets, ice, or compression bandages. There is no need to try to suck out the venom by mouth. Carrying out any of these extreme procedures has the potential to do far more harm than good. Victims should be given only the appropriate treatment and then be rapidly evacuated to medical facilities "
Regarding rattlesnake relocation, the ones I have found in our backyard where are dogs are, I just pick up with one of those trash grabber tools and put in an empty ice chest, then I take them to an open area of desert nearby to go on their way :-)
I can vouch for Bho's snake charming skills. Everyone has something special they do. And snake relocation is important!
HSW -
That's pretty much the best procedure. Folks should know that the ice chest should be cool, but with the ice removed.
Snakes' ribs are very fragile, so if they are hooked 2/3 or more down from the head they will stay calm once they are off the ground, and not much pressure is required. Rattlers especially can detect minute changes in heat, so you don't want to have any skin exposed or they'll think its food, heh.
Yeah Bho I do make it a point to be careful when I pick up the rattlesnakes with the grabber tool. I close the little cups below their body then raise them up so their bodies are in the larger space above the cups so the snakes body isn't getting squeezed. I put the ice chest right next to them so its just a short lift :-)
I'll catch any snakes that arn't poisenous to hold them for a bit and check them out. I caught a small racer of some type last week out where I hike in Hidden Valley. Up in the Deep Creek area where I also hike often there are Rosy Boa's which are very docile snakes with very smooth skin which feels interesting when they slide across your skin :-)
I used to have an 8 foot Red Tailed Boa as a pet. It only tried to bite me once when I put it on my bed to show someone, and it being kinda hungry it got aggravated. I used to ride my bike to a nearby park with it wrapped around my neck. Very funny to see the reactions of people driving by in the cars :-)
In south Florida there are now said to be tens of thousands of burmese pythons. Check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGrTFXzjjjM
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2012/0131/Snakes-in-the-grass-Is-the-Burmese-Python-wiping-out-Everglades-mammals
http://onpoint.wbur.org/2012/02/08/pythons-everglades
Just south of me in central Florida, 12 foot anaconda.
http://phys.org/news182717984.html
Lets not overlook the beneficial protection the beautiful lord Kingsnake provides to the safety and well being of whomever's property he/she chooses to inhabit.
Fine dining, Kingsnake style
Dearest Charles, its the least I can do! I wish I could do more. I am very proud of you for continuing to create solutions when we're all under heavy pressure to shut up and shop. Congratulations on your newest effort, may it be massively well received. This one may just be The One that makes the difference. I am loving the sound of it.
Therefore, I thank YOU.
I loathed snakes before I met King. It was a stupid fear, tales told by others full of sound and fury. When he crossed my path I studied up and my friend showed me this one was blind, that meant his hunting was not happening, he was starving to death. He was promised a feeder mouse which never had time to materialize because I found his body at my bedroom window the next day. I am quite convinced he selflessly brought a message, "Fear not", as protection and compassion from his higher spirit continued long after his envelope vanished.
Bulletin:
The Trout Clan's Ruruian Goddess, Brie, has returned to the Animal Kingdom. Anyone feeling the need to comment, console, remember her, light a candle, send well wishes ... please do.
Nina, I put three photos up at my Flickr site that I took while visiting Freeacre and Murph last summer. The pics show Brie. The one showing me ( blue T-shirt ) was taken when I was preparing to leave after a wonderful couple of days of visiting with them. Brie in that pic looks blurry as she was quite playful and bouncing about on the floor, trying to lick me with that big tongue :-)
I have one more photo showing Brie that I took which shows Murph and Freeacre sitting out in there backyard with Brie laying on the ground between them. I was preparing the Circle Of Life fire :-) Its a real nice photo and Freeacre was adding to the ambience with her hand made indian style drum :-) I'll be sending that pic to them so they can decide if they want to post it.
That dog had a great cheerful spirit and was so lovable too :-)
Here is the address to see the three photos of Brie I posted:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/?saved=1
HSW, if you feel it is okay, please send that 4th one to me too. Of course, I can wait until FA/Murph put it up, but in case they don't for whatever reasons ...
I just visited TCC, nothing yet. Let's give it a day?
What an envelope her spirit lived inside! And her goodness just shines though.
Thank you immensely Wizzy.
Nina, I would be happy to send that photo to you, but I would want to inquire of Freeacre and Murph of what their wishes are on it first. I'll send them an e-mail about your interest.
I have already sent them all the photos so they have them now too. If you e-mail them directly they may just send it to you also. I really like that photo. Along with them it shows the table I had the circle of rocks on, and behind it was where I was setting up the fire.
I am not in the pic since I took it :-) If your interested in photos of the actual Circle Of Life fire set up in stages, I have pics of those too, ones that I did not post at my Flickr site. I'll let you know what I find out from Murph and Freeacre :-)
Nina, Freeacre got back to me and I think she is going to send you some pics. I don't know which photos those will be.
Gratitude and love to all at Nina's camp. Brie was our darling girl, and murph and I truly are comforted by your warm thoughts. I don't want us to monopolize your sympathies - I know that several others have experienced the loss of their beloved pets. I guess in these days, it falls to all of us to expand our compassion to include everybody. I know I still think of nina's little Malcom. There is no joy of loving without accepting the pain of loss as well, it seems to me. Love to you all.
Profound FA.
Earth Lessons
Walk in mountain forests
Where your false pride has no value
Listen well to all your Earth Teachers
For they care not about your ego
Dare to touch Earth Mother with your heart
That you might hear echoes of ancient wisdom
Allow Wind Spirits to caress your face
And sense freedom not born of material possessions
Drink purity from water veins of our Earth Mother
To drown the arrogance creating your thirst for power
Make time to observe the ant
For she will instruct you in the ways of true humility
Search out the glistening grain of sand
If you wish to see natural beauty
Contemplate the forming of rounded river stones
That you might conquer change
Observe the deer among dewy grasses
And they will teach you the giveaway
Focus on the mighty bear
Should you dare to look within yourself
Listen to the Stellers Jay
For her squawking may be your echo
Look beyond the end of your nose
And see a world that can live without you
Watch the snake as he sheds his skin
That you can learn to let go of hurtful things
Study the ways of wolf
Where family value exceeds the self
Observe the spider carefully
What you do to the web of life, you do to yourself
View stars on a moonless night
To know there is light in the darkest of times
Pursue an eye for an eye
And you may be blinded first
Watch the butterfly as she dances in flight
That your own actions may be as beautiful
Open your ears that you might hear beyond yourself
Or has your own voice made you deaf?
Now, gaze into still waters
And observe what you really reflect
© 3 Hawks (Oklahoma Tsalagi)
Indian government announces ban on animal experimentation:
"the Ministry of Environment and Forests has asked research and educational institutions to use training alternatives such as computer-aided simulators."
the Indian government ...
When are we going to grow up! We may be big and rich and full of tricks, but we don't know shit from shinola.
Two thumbs up for the 3 Hawks poem. A contribution from Scrap I presume :-)
And to go along with that theme, here are 4 photos I took at Deep Creek yesterday where I spent time with our two wonderful daughters Amber and Lea. The weather was fantastic and the creek was quite refreshing at 62 degrees :-)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/6958076434/sizes/l/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/7104121389/sizes/l/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/7104135705/sizes/l/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/7104142733/sizes/l/in/photostream/
The Wooden Sword
The Aztec warriors wielded the macana
to capture, for wounding
The Dons used steel
that was for killing
A wooden sword - a dangerous tool
grim and cruel
it could behead a caballo, a cahuallo
but usually not a rodelero
with embedded blades of obsidian and flint
a favorite weapon to subdue
one that wounds that creates restraint
for they wish to capture an opponent in a duel
Strike at a lower limbs - that part
not at the head or heart
then you have a prisoner for the priests
Your status now will increase
In battle with the conquistadors
the blades shatter when striking metal
the Dons fought as a team and in a different way
they were Europe's best some say
This has to do with the reconquista
About 700 years
they were the inheritors of ferocious warfare's call
as practiced by the Huns, the Khazars, by Genghis
to win - kill all
The dons brought human sacrifice to Mexico?
yes, if among them were some conversos
perhaps Valeros, de Valeros
or those also know as maranos
In the new world only Aztecs, Mayans?
seems also the Incas
in North America human sacrifice was brought by Jesuits clearly
really?
There was the Pawnee "morning star".
and the practices of the Petun
Gabriel Sagard, a recollet
mentions the house of cut-off heads
and makes no claims it was a Jesuit house of the dead
Hate does freeze the soul
More authors Prescott, del Castillo, John Keegan, Fiona MacDonald, Bradley Smith, Shelley Tanaka and
oddly Barbara Ehrereich in her book:"Bait and Switch".
Nina, the family and I will be up at Cottonwood Cove this Sat and Sun on Lake Mojave, which is 14 miles east of Searchlight Nevada. We will be staying at the hotel there, doing some swimming, hiking and exploring. No boat this time. Also then on Monday my wife has to do some work in Las Vegas so we were considering the possiblility of keeping our daughters out of school on Monday, getting a room in Vegas for Sunday night so my wife would not have to do all the extra driving back home from the lake trip then a trip all the way out to Vegas and back.
Just thought I'd mention it since we will be out your way, of course thats still if your in the Las Vegas area :-)
Also in mid June we are going up the 15 FWY ( through Las Vegas ) on a trip to Yellowstone so that could be another possiblility to meet up. My e-mail is:
hotspringswizard@hotmail.com if you want to contact me about any of this for a possible meet up. Looks like we will be getting to meet Randy and possibly Rockpicker at the Trout Clan blog on the Yellowstone trip :-)
Nina, my cell number is 760-265-0664 if you happen to be able to make it down to Cottonwood cove. Hitting the road for there right now :-)
A 16th C Spanish priest once refered to Jamaica as "My wife". Where did Mary go? Figured he got the smarts and went Native.
Off to Bro G. Want to do a vid with him of Bob and bush. "Dem did call Bab; White Bwaay". Not a simple society.
Yea, miss Yard but appreciate the gifts of the N. Tools for building and workshop, alt energy, electric vehicles and thrift shops.
Best to All, turey.
Reposting Ghostdancer's comment poem April 28, 10:30 pm, final version:
The Elfin Queen
Bobby said
and he was grinning
he would ride a thousand miles
just to hear his laughing darling
She, a small delicate rose golden elfin queen
lived o'er the mountain
comes despairing news - now he must ride
a broken, a love shattered swain
Love rides with him upon his steed
she knows and so does grieve
a cloudy, rainy, forlorn day
he spurs thru dark, shaded ways
in the woods he had heard low whispers, sighing
the fairy folk had left their haunts
the elves were also leaving
now heard in the grove, new taunts
get out, get out or you die in agony
our curse our promise to yee
Riding at the setting sun, the western isles
to Eilean Donan, Mackenzies lair
Bobbie knew the fairies and the elves were going
here so little beauty still surviving
no hope, no reason in their staying
mortal men had turned to great evil
they created a world ruled by a serpent
some say a goat beware
smouldering, murderous eyes in a black frozen stare
as he rode a voice whispers in his ear
into his heart too late, too late
such is your fate
one day more, just a day
but the elfin ships were a-sailing the little queen was a-crying
the fairy and the elfin folk all were weeping
In his hose a sgian dubh by his side a claymore too
his soul he is risking
to see his elfin darling
not knowing she was failing
He rides and hears snarls in the shadow
dogs in waste lands do battle
the land in the conrol of occult words and secret grips
the enchanted all the land must quit
but, should she leave these shores
her life will end
Shipton knew
Coinneach Odhur too
the last word from her elfen lips-o
come my Bobbie-Oh
My love is like a red red rose- Robert Burns
Hello Nina and all who come here.
I have been off center since I participated in a 10 day meditation coarse a month or so ago and have been hanging low.
Finding some ground now but it's been a wild ride to say the least.
Just checked the stats on my blog and I get quite a few come over form you little piece of paradise (it's all relative(grin) and I just wanted to say thank you. Not just for that, but, just for being you and everyone else that applies to same goes. I love you all.
Hare Krishna and may peace flood this world.
Hello Nina and love tribe.....faded places and faded faces...this is a mad world....can't help that! ....time to let go and let God!.......onelove
Yes I.
turey.
Back Into Memory
Jim harrison
The tears roll up my cheek
and the car backs itself south.
I pull away from the girl and reverse
through the door without looking.
In defiance of the body the mind
does as it wishes, the crushed bones
of life reknit themselves in sunlight.
In the night the body melts itself down
to the void before birth
before you swam the river into being.
Death takes care of itself like a lightning
stroke and the following thunder
is the veil being rent in twain.
The will to live can pass away
like that raven colliding with the Sun.
In age we tilt toward home.
We want to sleep a long time, not forever,
but then to sleep a long time becomes forever.
Nina, are you ok?
You have been unusually quite?
Hoping all is well
Love Steve
Hi Nina,
Are you OK?
You have been unusually quite???
Also I posted this same question yesterday and it didn't go through. Well it did because I saw it, now it's not there, maybe in spam???
Here's hoping this meets you in good health.
Love Steve
Ok now I see, your comments are now being approved by you, where as they used to go straight up.
Peace
Post a Comment