And just where was Arnold while Oh well, nina, you could vote for Brown, right? No. His aide (um hmm) called Meg a whore. I guess its the dirty politicking, the displays of concealed corruption and vast amounts of money spent on self promotion all the while attempting to hide one's true character. All that money could be put to SUCH good use on improvement of the state and country and our species' survival. For shame, again. Are these people human beings or holograms or socio-hybrid aliens? You tell me.
On my sojourns through God's Kingdom lately, the landscape is littered with peeling, weather-beaten campaign signs. I try to get away from it and go deeper, farther and leave it behind where the neighboring mountains appear grey-green at the base, a lighter green-grey behind it and a higher, pale lavender grey-green ridge in the far distance. Mist rises from the base of the far lavender ridge graduating to deeper grey at the top where it meets the clouds. The mist means fog is coming on which means summer is over, winter opened its window and frost lies on the ground at dawn. Its just a quick slide into wood gathering, stacking, hauling into the fireplace from there, although we never got started so early before. I keep my eye on it. First snow is always on Thanksgiving, but this year it could happen any day. The Elk began bugling at the end of August. That never happened so early before either. Actually, this is a wonderful thing because the cold, wet night air (humidity) limits the probability of wildfires. Lastly, as was the case in 2009, the Juncos are late by many weeks. The weather conditions must be just right for them to make the journey south and apparently, it is not. I think in my mind its the air quality. The belching filth of big agra is easily mistaken for fog coming through the passes. Indeed, it is that surreal. It was not always that way. I remember. I made notes in my Smithsonian guides.
The housing, foreclosure, low - if any - new home sales crisis reminds me of the GOM crisis. The blowout preventer was broken as it was broken in the market crisis, or the credit crisis, or the ... etc.. Sort of like 911 too, each crisis militarily industrializes afterwards. We keep having 911 disasters with eternal effects upending the previous story. We know from reading stories there must be an ending somewhere, but there isn't. Most everyone is still living the old story whether they are an unrepentant shopaholic or a Nigerian child selling sodapop in the mud to the pipeline police. Even when attempts are made to reform corruption, the corrupt make the new story instantly throwing everyone and everything into deeper, darker, more terrifying and uncertain futures and still the story goes on. The ever-changing, ever-enlarging story is a way of life now, as if the anomalies of the present are all that ever was or will be.
The courts are already backlogged, imagine what sheaths of complaint are hitting the desks today from all those who were foreclosed and evicted or threatened with the process, and all those who bought those foreclosed dwellings, ahem, illegally? What a scene: the angry millions forcing their ways through the McMansion doors demanding their homes back from alarmed young couples feeding baby number one in the breakfast nook? What are they gonna do in this economy, double up? Oh why not, they'll learn to get along just like we do, but they won't be happy about it until they win their lawsuits. As we watch an entire new industry is being born, the graduation of Robo Signers to Paper Seekers tasked with unwrapping all the CDOs and sifting through xeroxes of xeroxes to find something that is probably lying under the mattress in Polanski's chalet if it actually exists, legitimate titles of home ownership and legitimate titles to commercial properties that is, not the mattress. We only know one thing for sure at this point and that is: Everyone has again stepped on yet another rung of the Apocalypse ladder where nothing is what it seemed and all hell is breaking loose from the shylocks to the cowboys on bar stools looking for love in all the wrong places. There's a big range in between consisting of the colorful variety of Planetary Citizens.
There are many things I can handle as weird and strange as some things are, because I am not in that world. It does not concern me or the immediate members of this existence. The man, me, the Guinea Pig, the Dogs, these are the beings whose interests are my interests. The relatives and our children are the collective ribbons that complete the package.
Have you ever thought about being a survivor from a shipwreck, floating on a very small section of what is left of the lifeboat's hull, whom out of all those faces treading water would you reach for?
On the other hand, when it comes to causing deliberate pain to our people in the larger sense, it burns, it scathes, it maims for life and kills as it does all victims whether they know what is happening or not and this is not acceptable. One day its a feeling, then its a blurb at a news site, by evening the blurbs have their own wiki page. And then, like the dark season, suddenly its upon us full steam ahead and we rearrange our existence again. Suffering can be very good when you can, if you can, compare it to other states yet that also is being denied wherever possible.
Cufflinks photo: Mark Wilson/Getty Images N.A.: Angelo Mozilo, founder and former CEO, Countrywide Financial Corporation, testifying during a House Oversight and Government Reform hearing ... examining the compensation and retirement packages granted to the CEOs of corporations deeply involved in the current mortgage crisis.

32 comments:
damn blogger ate my comment. this one will never be as good
"everything was okay. until it wasnt"
I stopped apologizing for my slacker ways. I dont explain my "career arc", or descent anymore. You said it was the hologram and it was as true an observation as i ever heard. i made it a mantra. I chose the better path i believe to live right now as much as i can. I see people here who rented a cabin for a vacation: imagine setting aside a week to be free; and the other 51 on the debt slave hamster wheel. (i hope your guinea pigs have no such apparatus and if they do, my apologies for the metaphor)
does anyone own their own labor anymore? a little bit i suppose, except for the Mozilas and the other "strip miners" (love that one). I cannot BELIEVE the national conversation - the lame ass non news - the dumbed down everything. hate to say it. i read the unibombers manifesto not too long ago. sounded about right to me.
*dear NSA - im just kidding*
And the real crazy part is still ahead of us.
Humankind is lost in a hall of mirrors. Miraculous Intervention may indeed be the only "Hope". But wait - weren't we promised that in the last election?
By George Nina you've done it again. Meg Whitman is running for the post of 'Queen Elizabeth.'
Nobody actually wants to be Governor of California except Jerry Brown and even Jerry Brown is probably more interested in re-living his glory days when being Governor meant dating Linda Ronstadt and hanging backstage at Grateful Dead concerts. (paging Lady Gaga...)
Meg Whitman dreams of fending of the Spanish Armada, being courted by Sir Walter Raleigh and being remembered for centuries for leading Britian, erm, California into a golden age of Empire, Peace and Prosperity ruled by her offspring. The children of prince-consort Griffith Rutherford Harsh IV.
C'mon, do you think she grew up with romantic dreams, $170 million dreams of being Margaret Thatcher?
Pangolin, she is quoted as having said repeatedly and loudly the corporations must dump all illegal workers. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Except at home, for 9 years, they employed very, very lavishly an illegal housekeeper adored as a "member of the family". That housekeeper was so put out by Whitman's campaign against illegals, she left and blew the whistle because the Harsh's knew she was illegal. That part is denied by Whitman. But the early paperwork from INS warnings has the Prince Consort's signature and notes. Therefore this evolved into a hefty lawsuit from that "member of the household" and besmirched Whitman's candidacy. However, my beef with her is this obvious bias against same sex partnerships. I care about that kind of thing. People love who they love, what's the problem? Besides we really need to stop overpopulating like two hundred years ago. How is it that some illusory controlling entity can tell perfectly decent people who we can share our lives with and still be at their mercy in all matters? Its nonsense. Its a diversion of course, but diversions become attitudes which destroy the sanctity of life.
Required reading: Charles has posted today on The Coming Collapse of the Real Estate Market. My bet is we're walking right into the Banana Republic/Kleptocracy option because people think their horrific losses are their own fault and to do otherwise wouldn't make them the decent people they like to see/portray themselves as being. I know that is a dim view, but can anyone really disagree?
This takes us right back to something I've discussed at length which is ... being ruled by a "representative self".
From Charles's essay: ... Either the banks/Central State "win" and we are a kleptocracy/ "banana republic," or they lose and the U.S. mortgage/ banking sector implodes and is either formally socialized (i.e. owned lock, stock and barrel by the Central State) or rebuilt from scratch without big banks, Federal guarantees and the Fed's incestuous interventions. ("We create the credit that enables the mortgage, you issue the mortgage, and then we buy the mortgage.")
There is no "fix" or half-measure that can patch this over now.
Please take the time to visit each of his links to get the full impact of this situation. What is happening is simply astounding.
Twisted weather for sure. Ms Hummer still tapping the window expecting more nectar in her feeder while we rode our bikes up above 7000 ft this morning in perfect summer warmth.
Mid October in Oregon? this has been going on for weeks and has at least one more to go!
I've given up wondering and resigned to enjoying it.
Also, I love your writing. Your blog and some of the links are as close as I can get to any sort of media or news or so called "current events".
Blissfully uninformed.
RW
Chickory, Guinea Pigs don't like
toys". They are grazers, that's their whole thing in addition to receiving affection.
Copy your comment before clicking on preview. Habitually. I've learned the hard way as you are also learning.
I have noticed the skilled laborers put themselves last on the list in these times. That doesn't mean the intention isn't there.
Your shock and mine too BTW, it kind of reminds me of the Salhis and Dinnergate. If I wanted to know about these things, I'd just get on the subscription lists for the DC insider's networking sites. I resent the media advertising for technology too. I resent they all think we are homogenized illiterates only here to be massaged into having (non existent) purchasing power.
Thank you RW, that was a lovely and enlightened/enlightening comment. I had no idea, I thought you were a small Midwest town dweller. Perhaps I can consider excusing you from links to show support of your spiritual bliss.
We have some hummers that are here though the winter. Do put out something for your girl.
Allow me to be the first to welcome Izzy. Thank you for your courage in stepping up.
Indeed, we were led to believe there was going to be some kind of hope and change. Actually, it appeared as an expensive, overdone, seen once, late night B&W movie, good vs evil, with Ayers and Rev. Wright added for conflict (diversion alert).
Nina_There is something huge going on in the world about the stories we tell about ourselves. Something about this back and forth here about telling our personal stories and talking about the world is important.
I keep seeing people tell stories where they are the hero, the smart ones, the caring person but when you check they are thieving, dull and callous. Why not just be the better person instead of the better story?
Thanks for the warmth and engagement, All.
Nothing else to say - just thanks.
Z
wv; cryable. I think that about sums it up.
Your essays and life-observations are still always the ones in blogworld I most look forward to reading.
I feel a great resonance with the overview/perspective you bring and the worldly-and-local correspondence of events, which is what many of us experience, I believe. Also, of course, the focus of both yourself and readers on creativity, skills, and stewardship balancing the greater political issues in our rough war environment is unique and greatly appreciated.
As you have, in CA, the wacked corporate women exploiting the divisive issues and ignorant programming of the sheep, we too in NM have two useless women running for governor. (freedom of choice! aaargh! - the lesser of two psychopaths) (Sarah is the "new face of feminism"!)
I won't be participating with the charade of machine voting and the organized criminals in support of the war machine, etc. Lately I could only show up for Cynthia McK, Winona LaD, and Ralph; but I'm sooo done with it all now. Let it all go down as it will, the sooner the better.
Freeze came last week, pulled up everything, but still lots of hardy flowers and some brocolli, and sunny days continue. Something weird this year with potatoes (very small) and no apples or plums. Don't know if it was late spring freeze or something in the chemtrails? Tons of apricots canned up though. Weird.
Big local row over air-force's plan to do low-altitude training here in the valley ("it's like Af-Pak") with accident-prone Ospreys. Sheesh! Like, who cares if we've got a world-heritage site? Military is biggest employer, of course.
>onelove<
A few years ago Visible wrote that he got up one morning to lots of comments on his post and said it felt like Christmas with many wonderful presents.
I agreed/agree completely.
>gratitude<
Pangolin, you know I question what we are doing here all the time and still I do it and so do you. At least we are beyond the stage of thinking we make any difference. What is helpful though is the interaction with others of like mind and sharing the experiences of our common situation.
BTW, burrowing rodents appear to have been responsible for killing one of my two Oriental Plum trees. It is sad to see it in the final throes, beyond help. It was fast, too, one day it was lying over and the next, the leaves fell. Its root system is mush.
Z, I hope you were not being facetious, to answer a question you asked recently I can only say that wherever I look, I see your suffering was completely unnecessary. A regrettable waste for humanity in general as the thread interlacing the multi-crises of today appears to have operated as a kind of proving ground begun on home soil enervated by speculators now waging world financial war as a "cleaner" update achieving the same objective weaponry and unwanted occupation does. Nothing will get better as long as speculation is ignored. On an individual level, yours, perhaps showing up frequently at a low level speculators hangout put you on the map.
Bho, while you are harvesting broccoli, the air cowboys are showing you what it feels like to be an Afghani/Iraqi/Paki father in his garden. A few days ago, they reportedly said they are ready to have talks, but we've heard that song before.
Say: Woe to the downpressors:
They'll eat the bread of sorrow!
Woe to the downpressors:
They'll eat the bread of sad tomorrow!
And sad it is.
*****
Broccoli: High in Vitamin C and calcium content. Good choice!
>one heart<
One more thing: Your blog is the most beautiful blog I've ever seen. It appeals to all the senses. Su's too, but its different in that she shows so many sides of her beauty in constant evolution.
Thanks and Praises.
According to Wayne Madsen
Wasn't this mentioned by Cliff along the lines of the president having to leave office in November?
"In the case of President Obama, the senior firings are not happening during a single nght but the recent involuntary sudden departures of the White House chief of staff and national security adviser, along with what WMR can confirm from multiple sources is a president who is suffering from Nixonian levels of paranoia, depression, and schizophrenia, has some top-level administration officials considering the first-ever invocation of Section 4 of the 25th Amendment — the involuntary removal of the president from office. The White House meltdown has the Washington political circuit buzzing under the surface."
White House Insider On Obama: The President Is Losing It Sep. 7
White House Insider Part 2: The President needs to grow up. Sep. 15
White House Insider: What The Hell Have We Done? Sep. 18
White House Insider: The Clintons Are Going For It. Sep. 21
White House Insider: Pelosi and Obama at War Oct. 7
http://beforeitsnews.com/story/216/574/Wayne_Madsen:_White_
Nina_ I was trying to distill down a long rant about a conservative family member whose personal story was totally at odds with reality. Complete with analogy about paper-mache carnival heads that everybody ignores.
I think I could be very happy as a bit player in a world line focused on Turey's stories or Scrappy's or Su's. I'm not sure that being the hero in my stories is such a good idea. But I'm sure that something very important is happening in those of us who tell our stories, wait, and listen to the echo of the world. Listen for the true harmonic. Or listen for the buzz when we're out of tune.
Ack, language.
Mick_Emanuel got canned because the progressive Democratic base hates him with a passion. A purge at the White House as a good thing as the current crop seems to promote a failed corporate realpolitik.
I'd rather see Obama go down in flames as a passionate progressive than get a second term as a simpering moderate. I want an angry black man in the White House and if that scares conservatives all the better.
Nina, thanks for the recommend. I think what you have here is important because *having a real conversation* is now a revolutionary act, just like having a garden and making a home-cooked meal.
I am fascinated by your concept of "representative self", as if the hologram /facsimile "self" is more 'real" than we are--just as the "representative ownership" of MERS and MBS is now more real than whomever lives/lived in the actual houses.
Chickory, if you Google "stripmine resources and assets" the top listing is one of my stories--I think that is the most accurate phrase for the financialization which has come to full flower in the foreclosure/MBS implosion.
Chickory, I'd like to back that up. Until I'm proved otherwise, Charles coined "stripmine". It is a wonderful word, fits all my criteria of what our language should be.
Another term I like and use often is "representative self" which should be credited to Charles Eisenstein. Are you suggesting Charles, (two Charles-es alert) technology is using the collective representative-self as its business model?
And, examining MERS tells us the past decade would not have happened in quite the way it did if MERS had stayed home? ... But none of them do. The impulse of the representative self has its own code of ethics.
You are very welcome. I see you had an opportunity to use tranched this week. That's nice, I had to retell your Walmart story today to the dude who just returned from KMart with a sealed pack of socks. Uh oh.
Vword: inadouti - the representative self in a space planned office cubicle
A team of modern scientists, led by Dr. Janine Garafalo, have just discovered that you can have your cake and eat it too! Placing Oprah Winfrey in a locked room with a cake, the team of ex-global warming scientists were queried "Has the cake been eaten or do we have it, still?". The team led by Elena Kagan decided that the cake was still there while the team led by Dr. Ellen Degenerous dtermined the cake to have been consumed. These authorities are above reproach. Thus, the cake was both eaten, yet not consumed!
Faithfully reported by
Anne Awnimmos
devoluting inequality
crumbling genaside
retracting starvation
subtracting divide
colliding with injustice
multiplying the effect
ascending on the moment
internaly project
electrify the thinking streams
flowing through the mind
tapping at the strings
of open hearted shine
momentary medicine
stir a peace within
in synchronistic patterns
of harmony on the wing.
..peace..
That was excellent neil, thank you. Ah, to make the medicine last...
oh and that lazy old sun who ain't got nothing to do but sit in the sky all day - http://www.spaceweather.com
yes and neil, perhaps that poem could be a spell - ah it is o.
thanks peoples,I am sorry it wasnt a bit sooner...neil
Like I said before neil, anytime is the right time. "Being on time" is another ego construct, "time" itself is meaningless. When you are writing, are you conscious of time? When you are doing something you want and love doing, do you think "Soon this will be over and I will have to do something else"? And if you did it that way, wouldn't you lose the purity of focus that makes your work extraordinary?
The surreal quality of this post is in harmony with the craziness that seems to abound. Between the elections of both local and national leaders, the currency and trade wars that seem to be ramping up, typhoons destroying crops, civil unrest in Europe, and very unusual activity of the sun... uh, it's feeling even more nuts than usual to me.
A local acquaintance of ours running for public office actually broke up and starting blubbering while referring to Ronald Reagan and his "shining city on a hill." We, of course, now regard him as completely delusional. The disturbing thing is that the room was filled with people who can burst into tears after only a few sustained seconds of references to either Ronald Reagan or the Rapture.
We seem to have fallen into a rabbit hole. I look up from there and take comfort in the adorable face of Bernie, the Beagle.
You guys have to check this out. Linked from Lloyd Kahn's blog.
Mendicino in the 70's before Ronnie Raygun and the ugliness we are now in. Also love the bernie picture. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
This takes awhile to load even after a few pages but worth the wait.
Also if you get the chance Lloyd's books on building are a real trip and worth checking out too.
Here's the link to Mendicino in the 70's
http://www.blurb.com/books/31099
Scrap
Ditto FA. I don't ask "What's next" anymore because we know its going to more of the same. If any GOP members get into any office anywhere they will use it as an excuse to return to Bush days exacerbating an already Beyond-Bush situation with their trademark touches. Oh yeah, and we've got more inflation coming. What, are we not supposed to have caught on to the existing inflation?
I have given your and Scraps' compliments to Bernie who just gives me the same look in the photo.
Instead of naming it the Haight Ashbury, we should have been called Future Farmers of America and revered for our humanity.
Branding shapes human opinion.
Future Farmers of Turtle Island. To bring up old things.
Best, turey.
Post a Comment