D E E P I N T O A R T L I F E WEST

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Its alright, we're only bleeding


"... Every day, every night, someone's blood is being offered up on the imperial altars. That's what empire is. That's what empire does.

See Rome

While you were dreaming
While you wrapped your mind in silks
Bronze Steel Stone
Did their work

While you breathed the fumes
Of the oracle's fissure
Deranged the senses
Settled in soft beds

Rome
Sent agents into the streets
Hard men pinched men
Bronze Steel Stone

To eliminate execute
Discredit and destroy

See Rome

While you stood in the forum
Declaimed high words
Filled temples with fragrant smoke
Scrawled millions of learned disquisitions


Rome marched
Somewhere, in your name
Fired the village
In your name
Put steel to the belly

While you were wrapped in silks
While you grubbed
While you drank degraded waters
Drank dark, brilliant wine
While you sang, while you dreamed

Rome was
Rome hammered the real

Your silks
Your songs
Are dreams

See Rome ..."
Chris Floyd | Empire Burlesque

In this dream of the everyday, while our heightened senses speak in conundru
m, one event becomes many and a portrait is born. I alluded to this portrait last summer bearing a title in part selected for historical comparison: Red Planet Blue. We are past that now, the plateau in our daydream stretching into infinity, a more permanent firmament. It seems recent, relatively, but time is moving faster, something wants to release itself, something that is tired of its show of patience. It is sad in the way one might feel to have married their perfect soul mate and be told he keeps several mistresses and all of them are coming to live with you. Or worse, not be told and they come to live with you anyway so you are forced to figure it out a little bit at a time because you were under a different impression, a created impression. For months, in some cases many years, you argue with yourself often convinced what you are seeing is not really what it appears to be. Surely, you were somehow deficient in your perceptions, if in fact your wildest fantasies have any credibility and you catch yourself and put it away, it brings you down, you remove yourself from your manifest paranoia and re-enter the dream of the everyday.

It takes about, oh, an hour before you are reminded again and the cycle repeats. Is there a problem? Your problem is very simple, easily resolved, you are merely contending against reality. That's okay, you're not alone. Everyone does it and everyone does it differently.
We have a variety of choices we can make, its making a choice at all that is hard because our hearts are in one place and our minds are literally in another. Perhaps by procrastinating on choice we arrive where we need to be anyway, on autopilot, going with the flow until the flow becomes a river of lifestyle and you are floating along with the current, gazing at the sky from your raft, listening to Nature's concerto, just you, nothing to impede your bliss and suddenly the word bliss acts as a hypnotist snapping his fingers, Wake up now. See Rome.

It is a huge exercise in imagination to look into the near future. Some will scoff, but scoffers are not imagining hard enough. Start over, look again. Read the tea leaves. See those satellites? Billboards of tomorrow, advertising yesterday, an annoyance at best, but legal. They have rights, they have personhood. They are normal. Everything that is happening to our world is normal. Is it normal to lose a nuke? If you don't think it is, you are not thinking hard enough. The guards fell asleep or maybe the inventory was incorrect, "how" is not as important as it being normal. How normal is a 7.0 earthquake demolishing the poorest nation in the western hemisphere? Its growing more normal every day. So normal, we now have other recent catastrophic disasters followed by catastrophic marathon telethons to align with it all in the same sentence. Why this is just like ___, and ____, and wasn't there something on that scale in ____? ...

It is time we got on with our lives. Make some kind of serious commitment to God. If you can create your own personal salvation scenario, it will stick, you will need it and rely on it, not if but when you slip. We'll need it to keep going, the avalanche is breaking, its rugged granite all the way down and you will need a life jacket. I found God outdoors, overlooking clouds below where I stood, spreading into a distant valley, mule deer grazing unafraid, honey yellow, lapis lazuli , lavender wildflowers cascading into the wash far below the wooden bench someone unknown put there for just such a purpose. Tiny Oaks in full bloom made a green carpet up and down the scene, Ravens played above waiting on a thermal. People gravitate to God, the little people, the good and innocent and courteous little people, because everything else will hurt you and what you think about when you think about God will not leave you and is not, by your own design, designed to fail you.

I didn't see the telethon. They are Orwellian now in their commonality. Just as all else now, the filler up? attendant who actually performed a service was erased. He was helpful, but a drain on the Exxon bottom line. You have to fill the tank yourself if you want to see anything go right and even then there are plenty of grey areas where it could go wrong. And there is always that possibility going wrong will have exponentially wrong after-effects. Instead, I tended the fire for a few minutes until the movie unfolding on HBO sucked me in. Revolutionary Road. There were a few cheesy moments, an intentional flashback to Titanic's sex scene on the auto deck, but beyond that worst of the cheesy moments the situation the protagonists find themselves in is one you are probably familiar with, concerning choice, concerning the way things are and how they might continue if they continued further. One of them chooses life and fails, the other chooses death because he was already dead.

The film would like to tell us that everyone has within them a breaking point, but that is not true according to the nightmare of the everyday dream. It drones on. And on. There is one thing to remember, for the nightmare makers to sleep with, everything changes completely every few hundred thousand years or so. That fabulous tweakers' multi-unit development overlooking billion dollar 360 degree views of Lotus hammock paradise as far as the eye can behold will someday be another Atlantis. See Rome.

*********************************

One last item, windows 7 is vista updated in lockstep with the way things are, yet another bailout to yet another industry. That means less art, less photography, less visual stimulation, more hype, more baloney tech reviews, more disappointing faux journalism, more gouging, more drag, less movement. If you have not crashed your XP yet, you might underestimate what I am saying, but it is guaranteed not too far from today you will be introduced to the truth. You will be crushed, but its alright, you're only bleeding.

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your words nina
going to have to write you a poem
bit late tonight though
I have a feeling you are a deeply beautiful person,another human
I love humans.

..peace..

nina said...

Thank you. I love them too.

My father, a pilot, once told me he'd really wanted to be a priest, but found he didn't really like people that much. It took awhile, but I found him out, the truth was he liked them too much.

chickory said...

you said avalanche and your words thundered in my ears that way. it is a poem and a battle cry and it was so fast at the end i had to concentrate hard to stay here with you.

you are amazing.

i never fully understand what you write; but i know it is true; sometimes it is like intuition; i seem to apprehend it somehow but not by intellect...its like that buzz when one of your eardrums shuts off you see all the mouths moving but you went somewhere else...youre the somewhere else.


this is weak. i cant tell you how it is.



the telethons. i dont watch them. how much easier would it be for each of them to write a big fat check...im sure they all did...however, writing a check would not be televised.


wv: "knottist"

thats about right.

nina said...

I'll try to be more clear in the future, indeed, sometimes I get so carried away I'm sure everyone knows exactly what I am saying. But then, I was told on a forum I took getting used to in order to be read. Even the firekeeper has said "Once I learned to read her blah blah blah..."
I might be sort of dyslexic.

I am grateful to Chris Floyd for his deeply disturbing poem SEE ROME.

And I love your "just send checks" idea. simply list on a website who sent what and be done with it. We can already download any music we want to hear. I'm afraid though, its all about amping viewer ratings to encourage slovenly lavish sponsorship.

BTW, your magnificent forest is too big for my widescreen monitor. :)

chickory said...

i dont think there is a lack of clarity...i think it is dense in content and written in a way uniquely your own...the actual construction of sentences is what i am talking about. its hard! you know? in a good way. when i get it, its a reward. there will be no skimming here...and its a discipline i am in need of. if your diet has been entenmans chocolate covered mini doughnuts eventually your body will signal that it must finally have some nutrition!

too tall for the widescreen! bigger still it couldve been.

su said...

when i read your writings i can see why we had to get out of herding on the plains.
you definitely need to share this and as peace anonymous 1 said you are deeply beautiful human.

you also speak of finding god as being the only thing to sustain one.
and the beauty of that is that what is looking for god is god.
right here, ever present, closer than our breath.

every single day i celebrate the fact of not having a television and more so not having a radio that can pick up any station.
saved from the disaster fests 24/7.
saved from the slavic mesmerisation of 25 news channels.

and yes, everything does change - and whoever would have dreamt that atlantis would fall?

nina said...

Desmond Su-nami, you are the zenith of word arranging. Yes, inspiring is what it is. I am grateful to you.

Please update us on your wildfire situation, where you are, where it is, potential for containment, how you are dealing with it. Actually, its me that wants to know, but there is a volume of evidence I am not the only one who has your situation in mind.

nina said...

its like that buzz when one of your eardrums shuts off you see all the mouths moving but you went somewhere else

I thought you stated it perfectly. A state of consciousness many of us are intimate with. Especially Zoner. Heh.

su said...

Nina,
Copied this over from my blog - a response to destiny.

Destiny,
Funny how you, Nina and myself all live in the direct line of fire.

When the fire resurged on Saturday I was close by. I had managed to get past the cordons.
I was watching it and absolutely amazed by its power and sheer beauty.
When a bluegum tree caught fire an unknown sound escaped from my lips.
I could hear a sound roar up its trunk - like a pitched tone that made its way upwards.
Then I watched the birds circling around when the flames died down looking for their nests.
I saw a tortoise scraggling out.

And this time I did not resist the fire or make any attempt to get away. My partner was back from his travels and I trusted he would get everyone out if needed.

The past week I had had several dreams of fire and watching this blaze I thought that it was really time to meet the flames of transformation.
To embrace them.
To let them do what they would do to me.

I sat for several hours after wards watching the tufts of smoke rising, the aftermath so devastating and yet that holding its own beauty.

Something of me went up in smoke that day - and for that I am grateful.

Well there is nothing left to burn around the village. And it seems to be contained. Today there are some clouds and hopefully we can get some rain - have not had for four months and with these temps and the heat of the fires everything is just hanging.

Everything except my super crop - hee. The Godess is looking after it so beautifully. I swear one plant grew four cms in a day.

Anonymous said...

Haiti's closest neighbour. Nothing on CNN & Co. Wonder why?

http://links.org.au/node/1477

Such a chance to work together.

Maybe they need some of Su's super crop to help wake up.

turey.

Anonymous said...

mystical passage ways
vibrant waves
harmony attuned
stand's out with display's
deep felt warmth
of open hearts
eternaly wandering
ancient paths
on that long road home
over hills on stones
bare foot through valleys
where wild flowers grow
rest by tree's
to cultivate peace
in butterfly meadows
where birds fly east
one day we'll get their
we always do
that feeling in the heart
of absolute truth
as we wonder time goes by
in the wilderness
of the heart
where the divine reside's.

..peace..

RW said...

ExACTLY

RW

Jacob Gittes said...

"our hearts are in one place and our minds are literally in another"
Wow.
Exactly.

Nina, you should switch to Mac.
They aren't necessarily less evil, but I like the OS - it doesn't boss you around so much.

Strange days, indeed! Something is being born, besides the guppies in my child's fish tank. I got him fish a few weeks ago, and we already have new fish. I cleaned and floated a clear plastic sour cream container in the tank, with slits in it, to protect the young from being eaten by their parents.

That's kind of like what we "little people" people need - some kind of shield to protect us from the big fish.

And I guess we do have that, when we care for each other.

Anonymous said...

"And I guess we do have that, when we care for each other".

Yes Publius. War and conflict is easy. We've been practicing it for so long.

Peace and Love, that's our challenge.

turey.

Jacob Gittes said...

Is it possible to become a "big fish" and not get corrupted?

I've been watching/listening to a lot of Neil Young DVDs & music recently. He seems to have somehow maintained his humanity. He doesn't even color his hair or get face-lifts. Two of his children are disabled... maybe that has kept in grounded in reality. Regardless, I recommend his "Live at Massey Hall." Haunting stuff. I feel more a part of that generation than my own Gen X generation...

Be well, everyone. Seek your Pole Star and true gifts.

nina said...

Hi Rasta, good link there. It certainly is THE perfect opportunity for Cuba and the US to get together, but you know us. We are too warred. If its not an opportunity for corruption, its not an opportunity for anything. 133 people is the grand total of humans rescued from under the rubble. 133 out of a country of 9 million, 80% affected.
Quite a lot lived after rescue too, 8 long, hot, terrifying days and nights under rubble, beating the official odds, you know there are many others who may still be alive. So much for odds. Odds are the invention of terror statisticians. If it was me working there, I'd could never give up. Say what we will about John Travolta, but there walks a real man piloting his big jet through the military blockade bringing his own relief teams, food and medical supplies to the people.

So many opportunities cast by the wayside, so many vying for the limelight, what right does the US have to selectively pick and choose? Haitians belong to themselves. They are not a territory, a state, an enemy. They are seen only as ornery, and disposable sweatshop workers, defactos. This bit about Haiti being the US backyard is even more conspicuously offensive when they cannot even clean it up with real relief and acknowledge the helpful Cubans.

nina said...

Thanks RW and thanks for being with us.

nina said...

Back later, many interesting comments, I want to acknowledge them all. Soon come.

Anonymous said...

Don't turn on your teevee. I did and just saw desperate starving people being pepper sprayed and rubber bulleted as the food truck drove away. Two weeks into it! And then Billary comes on promising 'transparency' in relief. Would you want your 'relief' from those two?
WV: ahallati (allahu illah akbar?)

nina said...

Frankly, Tex, I expected that a little sooner. Xe's already been over there for more that a week. Probably longer than that.

Anonymous said...

My second cousin was a Protestant missionary to Haiti in the 1970s and I had enough of his horrorshow tales, the smell of shit, the lack of clean water, the lack of food, the martian denuded landscape and the burning of even grapevines for charcoal and fuel....
We all know the history... reparations for their own slavery to the French till 1860, Jeanne Duval, Baudelaire's mistress, Alexandre Dumas pere, and all the rest....
a cavalcade of tragedies & notorieties....
And it wasn't just Haitian slavery, but Caribbean slavery, Jamaican slavery.... wiki up William Beckford, e.g., author of Vathek and one of the richest men in England-- off the back of his Jamaican sugar slaves (before he lost them) and see how he pissed away his hundreds of millions... looking in a mirror, a smoking mirror. Don't ever forget friends, as ghastly as the Now Is, the past was worse. Incrementally, micron by micron, I do believe progress is being made. And then, boom, as with the earthquake in Haiti, seismic shifts do occur. Don't listen to these prognosticators. We are in uncharted waters. Give them the right to sing,
Kuze' zake' u draje'
O diablo!
Kuze' u draje'
O diabla!
U vle' kite' fahm de byeh
Pu ale' vive' vagabon'
Kuze' zaka u draje'
O diablo!

Anonymous said...

I have a vision....
erase the tape and go back
400 years and give them justice... just justice...
and then you dont have this once
in a generation illumination...
the jeanne duvals, and dumases...
but you have an efflorescence of
all sorts of things blooming forth...famous people from Haiti.... people who didnt have to pay France an indemnity they never could ever afford.....
Rameau tried to describe it.
In his 'Indes Galantes'... when-- the
French had to work with crude
visions of innocent Indians...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
RKvd4tMkFHc

Anonymous said...

Uhhhhh.... uh.......
Les is going away...
You're going to have to pick up
the slack, Nina... at least that's what I see in my nightmares....
Rotary tilling in the freezing earth here is what it is...
I just cannot get over the horror
of seeing those starving black people getting peppersprayed and beaten with clubs and rubber bullets... imagine... if you had gone two weeks without water or food... what would you be doing?
I can't even conceive it, but, what would you be doing? I don't think you would be Hillary Clinton spewing the usual.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zegtH-acXE
If that dont work, sorry. Im going to bed with the flies, mosquitoes, etc. and you can figure it out.

Anonymous said...

Anyone check Benjamin Fullford. Yes I have time to surf the web. I plead the cold.

http://benjaminfulford.net/

http://www.abundanthope.net/pages/Political_Information_43/Benjamin_Fulford_fully_OUTS_himself_as_NWO_aligned_4446.shtml

Sorry my URL shortner is not responding.

nina said...

Tex, we need your fine mind, please take care, sleep a lot, put mind over matter, stay warm under lots of blankets. Clear liquids, no dairy.

I ran the Kreyol through a few google translators and wouldn't you know it, being a quasi official language I got nothing. My patois is limited to brevities in the Iyanola vernacular.

Perhaps the Rasta can help us out? Mehci spah.

Anonymous said...

Did Spanish in school, French may help. My paternal grandfather went often and loved it.

There are still parts of Jamaica that have their own dialects with many African words. Most patois speakers cannot understand these. There is also a, or some, Maroon language/s.

Diablo=male, Diabla=female ?

Zaka is the Loa of agriculture.

I thought it was Roma/Gitan at first sight. Tex?

Anonymous said...

OK Nina, here we go...
this probably hasn't been pirated on google books yet, but it exists.
I confess I pirated that little quote from a voodoo hougan from:
"Voodoo in Haiti" by Alfred Metraux,
new introduction by Sidney W. Mintz,
Schocken Books, NYC, 1972.
It has always been a guidebook for me, although my second cousin, Carter S., was in Haiti as a Seventh Day Adventist religious fanatic in 1972-5.
Nina, please don't try to create in me another Kharridine, or whatever is going on (??!!) on Les's site.
I'm not that, and if you try to make me out to be one, you are being disingenuous. I do take the hint and I do think I will disappear hereafter. Isnt it weird how anyone who comes out from under your rock in the real world always gets clobbered? I was reticent to post about Haiti, bad vibes banging around in my head. --TEX

Anonymous said...

J.-P. Rameau
Les indes galantes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
3zegtH-acXE

Yeah I can hear it now.... from the usual toadies... the usual.
This is my swan song... i am just too angry. Has anyone else picked up on being angry all the time? Angry when they see the Haitians bulleted and peppersprayed? The people honking on the horn, shafting you? The curt walmart clerk? Apparently it just clogs up and eventually you notice it? - TX

nina said...

Oh dear, let's go all the way back to the beginning as they say in the Tudors. Tex, just take care of that cold. I like your posts very much.

Thanks turey, French is the key.

..Peace.., you kept your word. I am grateful.

A general observation we should note in our new normal, over the past week advertisements for corporate technologies are being headlined as news, not business news, but major breaking events. It is sorta unnerving to say the least. I click to check out the word on Haiti and see that Magic Jack is going to save money on cell phone use. Number one top headline. This morning, Apple is expected to debut the tablet. Top headline. Who gives a damn, its all nonsense especially when you have to parcel out your last season's gifting through next Thanksgiving and Obama is going to be on TV tonight to announce a freeze on spending for everything except war without end. SEE ROME.

Jacob Gittes said...

Just say "no" to new computers. I can put together a working computer from junk. I just need the shipping cost...
the grand illusion is dying

nina said...

One more thing Tex, I see there is some issue going on about Kehedrine, but I just gloss over those things. Why bother? I love Les very much, but Les can handle it himself without me or anyone else involving themselves. Do you understand? I am not relating at all to anything about some situation beyond the beauty of Visible's opening posts. Maybe this is naive of me, maybe I am missing something serious, but to me the hyperreal situation our country, our planet is in today is what I consider serious. Are we clear?

Anonymous said...

Nin, Im not trying to pollute your site w/ stuff... Im just trying to
express some exasperation about the Haitian deal. I mean, when you see starving people pepperstrayed and rubber bulleted, I mean, it is exasperating out in La La Land!
Haitians. What are they? 9m people in an overpopulated land. What are they?
Lets go back 200 years, and see what
French Romantics thought about them,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zegH-acXE&NR=1

nina said...

Publius, I know you can do that. I lived with a tech for 6 years who did it as naturally as breathing. Life was rather messy, weaving in and out of parts strewn everywhere, but interesting until he resumed his downward spiral into alcoholic suicide.
Yes, the Mac is far superior. But life changed and the situation I am in now is one of gratitude that I can be online at all, despite my whining.
Phones STILL out. Weeeeeeeird.

Anonymous said...

I get it Nina. You dare not go there.
NO I AM NOT SAYING you're paranoid about Les, etc.
I just understand that that is not where you are going to go, that's all. It doesnt matter about K. et al.
Let's get away from all that. What it matters is "How is Tex going to work in a dry sand blowing situation with 4" rain last year, with a worse drought since 1956?" " He cant work cotton, he cant work the usual dry land farming ops"
THAT is the problem I posit to you, Nin, there are no easy answers. The Climate is turning very ugly.

chickory said...

interesting. it took me a while to realize that if a thing can be done to one people it can be done to all people. but realize that i finally did. hence the garden and the self sufficiency learning curve. they'll probably contract our rubber bulleting out to A3 or whatever Blackwater calls themselves now. wherever they say go to be fed and watered and safe, head the other way! is there even the other way for haitians? i dont know.

nina said...

I see, well no problemo, never was one anyway, express all you want.
I don't know what to do about your work situation, I don't know what to do about anyone's situation, indeed climate chaos is not a rumor. I've posted about it many times.

nina said...

...they'll probably contract our rubber bulleting out to A3 or whatever Blackwater calls themselves now...

They are called Xe (zee) now. Mercenaries, with allegiance to nothing but dough.
See down the page: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - Outsourcing War: The Rise of Private Military Contractors

nina said...

Where can they go Chickory? If they are not children already adopted by Americans who began the process long before the immediate crisis, they can't come here unless they come here only to have to return after their 18 month temporary legal status ends.

Years ago, I saw a painting, floor to ceiling, a ragtag, beaten down, overloaded boatload of desperate Haitians landed on Miami Beach, some were falling overboard, some were crawling, gasping, dying on the sand. Up the beach a bit was glamorous, fabulous hotel row, a shimmering city of light.

First it makes you weep, then it makes you wonder. You wonder about the others, why some, why them? Why is it okay for Mexicans (pretended to be illegal), but look around. Who is it that gets the deportations? Now that the Cantarell oilfield is drying up, will the policy change for Hispanics? The policy isn't consistent and runs counter to Lady Liberty.