D E E P I N T O A R T L I F E WEST

Sunday, November 08, 2009

WorldX: New Features & Apps

Dear Friends of WorldX:

We recognize most of you have been using outdated operating systems from birth. In order to continue to bring you the more magnificent life product you desire, we have taken the next step in service evolution. Some of you may have already recognized dramatic improvement during the beta testing phase and it is from these test results we proudly present previously only-dreamed-of features for all our Planet's populations.

If it can be dreamed, it can be yours.

Downloads are available now. In the event you experience difficulty, we provide 24 hour support online at our website, newworldorderOS.com, currently under construction. Please have your credit cards and personal data available when placing your orders. Due to high demand, we are experiencing a backlog and request your patience. Some orders may be delayed twenty years or more.

Should you prefer an alternate, but compatible program under which to operate, our support team may be able to suggest additional add-on applications to the basic New World Order Operating System. We caution you to limit the amount of your additional applications to preserve bandwidth allowing for optimum performance of the basic programs.

A frequently asked question is How Much Will This Cost? The good news is VERY LITTLE! We have a Public Option payment program for qualified individuals, just ask your support representative when you place your order. Taxes and shipping are extra and vary depending upon your location.

The WorldX family is confident that once you have experienced the new edition New World Order OS upgrade, you will never be satisfied with anything less again. In fact, to ensure you experience the full quality of life, everything that ever existed previous to this moment is being erased and deleted from your memory as you read.

We look forward to servicing you, our consumer base, and anticipate your complete happiness.

Sincerely,

The WorldX Family
Consumer Products Division
Marketing & Public Relations

If it can be dreamed, it can be yours.

* * * * * * * * *

Dear Friends of WorldX:

It has recently come to our attention that some of our customers are not completely satisfied with our latest product, the New World Order OS upgrade. We sincerely regret the inconvenience and will soon offer patches at discounted rates, taxes and shipping vary with location, to all product purchasing populations experiencing ubiquitous frustration, starvation or obesity, plagues, weather-related issues, excruciating poverty and round-the-clock, year-round resource consolidation conflicts involved with managing the recent upgrade. Please bear with us during these "birth pangs" of product evolution and refrain from taking unauthorized action of any sort unless you have received specific instructions from our support personnel. At this time, our help staff are backlogged approximately thirty years or more. You are encouraged to leave a comment on our website at newworldorderOS.com.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
The WorldX Family
Crisis Management Division
Image Consulting & Waste Control

If it can be dreamed, it can be yours.

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Worldex. I was experiencing a 'lapse' of some sort. Now I understand. A radical software reconfiguration usually challenges any system with deep imprints of old things.

Just wondering. When do I get to dance?

Some imprints come standard with the hardware/wetware.

Start warming the drums.

turey.

'nonitis' A most serious ill.

Susannah said...

Dear Worldex,

You guys sure are good.
Probably the best.
Who would ever have thought that people could lose all evolutionary progress and go back to the time when we had few logical abilities.
Now we jump when we are told to jump, pay up when nudged, not even ordered - fill our minds with nightmares of your creation.
Why our children are not even rebellious teens any more, not with all those neat little machines with buttons and waves to keep their minds off things.
How did you manage to get so many sociopaths running the world for you - I just need one in my business, but boy you have thousands.
And don't even get me started on big pharma being the judas goat.
It has come to my attention that in this village the average child of well meaning parents has had at least 8 measles shots by the age of thirteen. Is this part of the population control plan? Brilliant guys.
And the modified crops - whose brainwave was that - forcing farmers to buy new seed every year.
Sheer genius.
Wow I am so in awe of you that I am doing something I never thought I would do.
I am sending a reverse curse back in your direction.
For every harm you have unleashed on every aspect of life on this planet - I triple that harm to you.
I only hope I can be as awesome and successful as you in this regard.
Yours in awareness
su

nina said...

I think I saw on wikidough-rising that Worldex is in trouble and was seen visiting the bailout window. Apparently they let everyone go and overbonused the board who split to the resort bunker at the Guarani Aquifer. Don't go by me, that's just the rumor. But that brings up a serious question, who's in charge here, anyway?

Susu, that was a good place to send your remarks. At least they are visible somewhere. Otherwise, they'd be internalized. Of course, WorldX is satisfied either way. Just as long as they don't have to actually pay attention to them.

Ah Ras turey, surely you know that the Dance app is double priced and self-deletes after 3 nights and 4 days.

nina said...

If I had bothered to search, I would have seen there is a real worldex, thus we now are dealing with the classic WorldX Family which we know so well.

Anonymous said...

Drat, foiled again.

And those drums were so ready.

turey.

nina said...

If you have not seen this today, you might want to spend some undistracted time over there, its intense. Once Upon a Time ...

baz recon said...

“Desire is irrelevant. I am a machine.” ~ A. Schwarzenegger—T1

“Our destiny was never to stop Judgement Day, but to survive it.” ~ John Connor, Leader of the resistance—in the rise of the machines ~ “No future but what we make.” ~ fate ...

Skynet has designated; “We are the enemy.” You need proof of the Devil? ~ “Only enough Fallout Shelters for VIPs.” !

Ok—so I've been scrawling notes on the back of old envelopes while watching TV—so shoot me!

We have met the enemy, and he is us. ~ this recurring theme, once gleaned from Sci-Fi decades old, I supposed permeated my consciousness when I was young, never left—indeed only grew stiffened [confirmed] over the years, with much learned analysis—diatribe from economists, scientists, the actions of warmongers ... and the earliest records-kept from mankind support this has always been so. No doubt it'll still form an integral core of my understanding of man ... when I am old.

“The Beast is loose in the streets of Bethlehem, and the rats are in the corn.” ~ old Stephen King quote.

Footnotes: Cameron originally envisioned the Terminator as a small, unremarkable man, giving it the ability to blend in more easily. As a result, his first choice for the part was Lance Henriksen. O.J. Simpson was on the shortlist but Cameron did not think that "such a nice guy could be a ruthless killer"—haha, the enemy is us!

In 2008, The Terminator was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant". ?! ~ a work of art, or ... historical document, lest we forget—it is in our nature to destroy ourselves.

nina said...

Well, almost. The Lemmings among us will happily destroy themselves through belief and supposition. But for others, the contrarians, the questioners, the fed-up, like yourself I might add, destroying oneself isn't on the menu unless antidepressants and alcohol are present.

Are Reagan films in the United States National Film Registry at the Library of Congress as well?

Its kind of silly to preserve fantasies, isn't it? Don't we have more important things to do with a Library of Congress? Like preserve real documentaries, real history and good literature? Are Scrooge McDuck comics in there too? Mad Magazine?

Lemmings just love nonsense. It entertains them sweetly during their march into oblivion.

Pangolin said...

Go! Lemmings, Go!- bumper sticker circa 1985

We have met the enemy and he is US!- Pogo

Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, please don't tease me like that Nina. If only I could slap in a new OS and bounce off to be fat, happy, and smugly satisfied with selling poison and fraud to my neighbors. I could get out of this hole I call my life and bounce off to happy cubicle land. Stepford husband here I come.... not likely I know. :{

Somehow I got a phase shifted OS that is erratic as hell, can't access other nearby units on brew-tooth and has a serious inability to deal with cognitive dissonance. It has great graphics though. Beautiful 3-d images of everything from compost to co-eds. I can MacGiver solutions from here to sunday once somebody turns me loose and promises not to whine about how it got done. Having a bit of a hardware problem though.

Reality. Damn.

v'word: ovehy AI's a critic

Pangolin said...

The link didn't work. Try this:Pogo

I read it fresh the day it came out the first time. Pogo was my favorite at six years old.

v'word: congsona

nina said...

Pangolin, I'm forwarding an email received from WorldX indicating interest in your creative sloganism. Apparently they want to initiate discussions that you might somehow assume a support role within the Collapse division. I didn't see any mention of financial reward however. Make of it what you will. I'm not sure I trust them anymore. Their products have a way of falling apart just when you were actually depending on them and then they hike the prices on you. Sometimes it looks like they are just a coffeemaker company in disguise. I mean, geeze, where's the warranty?

Vword: hablyza (habla farci?)

nina said...

Baz, Mr. Bumble is a goose fer chrysakes, we're supposed to vote for hologram greeting cards.
Now you are just getting too far out there with your doomer ideas. Especially that little Nock on the Constitution. Ahem. Are we allowed to say what we think of that? Well, its reassuring to know that maybe we're not the first to continually scan the horizons for the root of the glitch. Did the early imperialists fry a vital .dll in the registry or what?

nina said...

Su, I wanted to report that the fireteacher told me in his past life he often gathered with family members for TV watching when they were actually playing tetris five hours straight, each on their own little gameboy. If that is not contrived junkie behavior I don't know what is.
I mean, you know, between Baz's nitro burgerboys and your measles vaccines, something's really off with this OS. How many of the village sisters lined up for depo provera?

Jacob Gittes said...

Hi kids. Just got back from "up north", deer hunting with my brother... we haven't done anything like that in... well, decades! He's a real gungho hunter. We saw plenty of deer,but as we had not won so-called "doe permits" in the lottery, we couldn't shoot the deer we saw, which were all females. And unlike many of the locals, we follow the spirit of the law... we did get 5 ruffed grouse, and tasty bird that lives in the woods up there. Our mom cooked them up for us. So I did draw animal blood for the first time in 10 years.

We went to a "hunter's dance" in a remote part of a remote county - a community hall in a place is that considered remote even by the standards of a county with only 13,000 people. The old hunters were like bucks chasing the old does on the dance floor. One old hunter said something like (to make it less vulgar): "Look at all the women here... I'm going to get lucky tonight! Don't tell my wife." I'd say he was 70 years old or so... the undertaker and his son (also an undertaker, who took care of my dad last year), was there... they don't hunt, but I suppose it's a business thing to mix with the locals for them.

My brother gave a local woman a little too much attention. She was quite drunk, as were most, and sarcastic and flirtatious. A really scary local boy, a real "jackpine savage" as we call our redneck selves up there, was none too happy about the attention being given to the girl he fancied, and he kept bumping into us, trying to provoke a fight. Luckily, my old high school classmate Doug, whom I'd not seen in 20 years, was there, and he loves to fight at the least pretext, and was ready to back us up if it came to that.
Hunting, drinking, playing cards occurring in the family "hunting shacks" all over the county, while men in blaze orange stalk the deer in the woods, blasting away... enough to frighten many an urbane urbanite, who hopes for change. I actually preferred the people up there to the deluded denizens of the city. The blaze-orange crowd didn't even talk about things like the economy or collapse. I don't even think they'll notice if it occurs. So many are already dirt-poor, living on subsistence farms and scratching out a living already.

Anyway, sitting for three hours straight in the mornings, and another three or more stint in the evenings, in the midst of a field on the edge of a woods, was quite nice. I felt a great antipathy to getting online again when I got back. But when I got to "work" today, I spent the whole day getting caught up on the blogs and email, etc. What I read was not encouraging!

Jacob Gittes said...

I can see life going back to the "frontier" in remote areas... will the WorldX OS be rejected there in favor of DOS?

nina said...

According to the stacks of paper that arrive with the OS CD, no. They tried many rural pioneer apps and got no feedback. I can only conclude that many places have already opted out being too broke to do anything other than put dead wildlife on the dinnertable.

In a certain way, its good. In a certain way it reminds me of Elvis Costello's "the Delivery Man".

In a certain light, you remind me of Elvis
In a certain way, you could be Jesus


In other words, squeeze anything tight enough and it bursts all over the place. You never know how its going to come out until its all over. All we know for sure is everything impedes on everything else. Does survival have to mean the end of the survival of others?

Jacob Gittes said...

I sense some anti-hunting sentiment there, Nina! "dead wildlife" gives it away.
I am not very bloodthirsty. When I first shot a ruffed grouse when I was 13, I cried about it... I still remember how I felt, and how my dad and brother laughed at me.

We found an 8-point buck that had been killed and eaten by wolves... nature is red in tooth and claw, as they say. As are we humans... our factory farms are death machines far worse than any hunter.
I wanted to learn new future job skills, to put it in an ironic way. That is, I feel that I should learn the basics of a more primitive existence. Hunting and firearm handling is part of that, as far as I can think it through. There's often a real disconnect in the doomer/peak oil world between the intellectuals and the foot soldiers. I doubt James Howard Kunstler, for example, is an avid and skilled hunter, but I could be wrong.
In short, I view hunting as a grim task of survival, not a joyful act of conquering nature. The deer hunting shows I've seen on TV (unfortunately) mostly play heavy-metal music during the money shots... disgusting. No sense of the sacred or cycle of life, at all.
Blood lust is strange to me, but then so is the prevalence of girlie-mag centerfolds taped up on hunting shack walls - an extension of the overall theme of lust, I guess. Nature is the innocent virgin, and the great white hunter (or great blaze orange Gumby-like hunter) is there to have his way. Our economic system is the extension of this greed and lack of moderation into the social sphere, where it destroys everything and everyone in its path. No way to hide from the high-powered rifles and scopes of the modern crony capitalist!

chickory said...

brilliant.

nina said...

I was aware you wanted to know how to hunt, didn't we have comments on this a few posts ago, about skinning critters?
Certainly, it may come to pioneering and hunting for survival. Nothing has happened to realistically solidify any other image of what else may lie ahead. Ted Nugent could be the future, so could Sara Palin. However, I refrain from participating in or aiding in any aspect of killing since I live, animals have the right to live and I respect that right, euthansia excepting and even then under the narrowest of circumstances...
Killing animals for Hemme iron isn't necessary anyway, it never was, its all in the mind as is so much else we're unraveling as of late. Just another one of the many exits where humanity detoured into cul de sacs of false belief justifying murder.
In your case, I know you will do what you think is right. You'll learn everything required to survive and discard what you do not find useful. As the I Ching says - No Blame.

Jacob Gittes said...

Maybe the fates intervened and kept the bucks hidden in the woods. I was ready, reluctantly, to "harvest" a deer. But I didn't get the chance.
Perhaps that was enough learning for the moment?
I've often considered becoming a vegetarian, or perhaps a pesco-vegetarian. I have less problem with fish and fishing, even though that's not strictly logical. And I can't argue with Nina's ethics: it just makes sense. As I pointed out, I feel a deep sadness when I kill an animal. Perhaps I will attempt to get our food and nutrition through the vegetable world, and only utilize the animal world if necessary, if the harvest doesn't provide enough. In northern climates, that's a distinct possibility. The ancient Amerindians who lived around here did it all: They harvested wild rice, berries, plants. They fished and hunted. They really had to do it all. When you go even further north, you find the Inuit eating an almost exclusively animal diet. Maybe warmer, mild climates are therefore better for the ethical eater? So many things to consider. I hate to harp on it, but has anyone seen those freaky big game hunting shows? There's something profoundly disturbing about the attitude towards killing the game animal, but I think that this attitude actually extends to most areas of life: children, marriage, work, consumption. A complete lack of the sacred in all areas of life that used to, in ancient and Medieval Times, contain the sacred. People used to rise to prayer, eat to prayer, and go to bed to prayer.
The dawn of the modern age occurred with Descartes and Newton, when the world became explainable, supposedly, completely in rational and mathematical terms. It was Descartes, of course, who claimed that non-human animals were basically automatons or mechanisms, with no souls. What malarkey. So we can blame it on the philosophical foundation of the modern age, which has now turned humans themselves into "human resources" to be exploited, as though they have no souls.

Maybe the soul has been ripped out of man.

Anonymous said...

Lovely Publius. Only a being with a soul could write that. Unless Worldex has outdone itself.

I did not participate in the killing of the multitude of animals that sat on my families dining table. This was done privately.

Three or more on a sunday.

I did do in fish and lobsters.

I've been usually vegetarian (pesca when the body calls) and sometimes organic vegan since '72. I remember the very moment. Sucking a chicken bone and reflecting on the shabby living of the commercially processed creatures.

Taking the life of a creature for the fun of it or the deliciousness of it's flesh....

This is a touchy area to discuss rationally as most accept the denial of the savagery that they participate in. Some wallow in it.

Best not to let little Johnny hear the screams or see the animal tears at our ignorance.

I'm thankful for the availability of appropriate and yummy foods here. In the bush or way north...? As you said, it's down to the appreciation of the sacred.

turey.

'honsinet' I hear you struggling to tell me that words can raise a 'hornets nest' word generator. "What!? No meat!?

Pangolin said...

Nina_ While I see your point about the morality of eating the flesh of other beings I am currently a confirmed meat eater. I feel I eat meat in part to fill the hole left by community and family isolation. I don't even attempt vegetarianism when I live alone and when I was married to a vegetarian arguments sent me off to the KFC as if chicken was a drug. (gross, I know)

Without a general commitment to treat our fellow humans with true respect and compassion taking care of the critters falls by the wayside. Perhaps we are a vampire culture in more ways than one. Propping up our battered souls with the flesh of other beings. The primary requirements of vegetarianism seeming to be compassion and community; missing one or the other and it misses the point anyway.

v'word: matespop.... frustration with my ex-wife's B.S.

nina said...

Pangolin, you definitely have a point. When I see a dedicated meat eater, I see a person scarred for life though unimaginable suffering that just cannot let go and move on to higher ground. I sympathize, being no stranger to suffering, but at some point, something happens and a light shines out of the fog, however briefly. So I just go on because I've seen it and am certain of its meaning. But it does not appear to all, often invisible or unrecognized by those who need it most.

Vword: winges

Charles Hugh Smith said...

Nina: Can I wait for WorldX OS version 2.0 or are they running the Steve Jobs model in which waiting for a later version is labeled "uncool"?

nina said...

My Darling Charles, waiting 20 to 30 years for anything is uncool. Next you know, they'll be pushing it to a 40 or 50 year lag.

WorldX's seems to be aware that we have vast reservations, thus 2.0 is the release they are pushing right now. They think beta testing is good enough, its not, but we're never heard. The upgrade better be really good because we are a jaded clientele.

You can't even click on their links. :)

Susannah said...

Nina,
No idea what the sisters queue up for apart from large scale domestic abuse from the hugely alcoholic population.

Started reading about hunting and thought I would just slink away for fear of gaining disapproval.
But my integrity does not allow that.

I was vegetarian for 17 years and when Sage now 12 was 5 we were invited to a farm for a braai.
The farmer asked Sage if he wanted to try Ostrich steak and he declined saying he was vegetarian. When he asked Sage if he had ever tasted meat - the child answered no. So he pushed some barrier and said then how do you know you would not like it.
So he tried it - insisted his brothers tried it and they all looked at me and said our ancestors have been eating this forever and we are going to as well. Get over it.

Now Sage is an animal lover and he is a hunter. To him to bring food home for the family is the absolute honour.
And being well aware of how many people are anti hunting I have tried to dissuade him.
The 12 year old arguments go like this:
* one day we will need food - there will be none in the shops - and it will be a little too late to develop the art.
* why is it okay for you to go to the supermarkets and buy neatly packaged meat in Styrofoam and plastic with no trace of blood?
^ And his main argument is how can anyone want to buy food from animals that have been transported to an abattoir, queued up for days at times in that stench and terror - why is this an okay way of eating meat?
I would rather someone with awareness kill a buck a year, thank the buck for its life, use the skin, eat the meat - know that for this animal- the end was quick and for this body I am not being subjected to hormones, fear, terror and the whole processing system.

I think we are still sitting so squarely in comfort that we have no idea what lies ahead and how many beliefs are going to have to be shed in order to survive.

Pangolin said...

In a bizarre bit of Googleism the ads that ran on the side of the e-mail page where I read this started off the the bolded link "Meat Processing Software". It took me a minute to bang the image of what a merged Cusinart, WorldOS and Microsoft Office platform would look like out of my head. Then I thought; why not share?

Five places down the list "Artery Clearing Secret" is framed by "TOMS Vegan Shoes" (can you eat them if snowed in at the pass?) and "Organic Summer Sausage." Why are we ever surprised when humans do strange things? Do basset hounds sleep a lot? Do cats have kittens in dresser drawers?

v'word: caling maybe 'calling?' I was looking up trickster myths when writing this. scary

nina said...

Pangolin, its a good thing you saw it and not me. I would have had to cry ... although I am still laughing. Giggling though tears of anguish.
Now you understand, millions upon millions of all ages and lifestyles per day are seeing this nonsense and accepting it. It goes into the collective unconscious unacknowledged, but registers somewhere deep in the brain.

This is why people get ill. And die. This is bioweaponry.

nina said...

Su I did slink away, it actually hurts to look. All the arguments in the world, and the boys certainly had good ones, don't make any difference. Do no harm include all species.
And I agree, we don't know what is coming, all that could change as repeated harm undermines basic tenets and revises needs. Climate chaos will limit the food supply, how long will anybody be able to stick to a nutritious program if they can't obtain nutrition? I don't know - I only know what works for now and still barely make it. An outside observer might say I don't even do that much. We like to think there are choices, but more and more, choice is a vanishing luxury, hard won, easily lost.

Jacob Gittes said...

this had to be the most civilized discussion of hunting, from both perspectives, or many perspectives, that I've ever seen!
Thanks, SU, for your interesting story...