D E E P I N T O A R T L I F E WEST

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

come together

Many things are falling into place, it appears sudden, but when you lay out the bits and pieces you'll see there is a pattern which gives meaning to it all.

First you'll want to examine how things are going for you personally at this time, take the past into consideration and some of those sharp memories of your childhood. Put that stuff into a manila file folder and label it Done.

Then read this. It is important. I'll wait while you digest the material. Go on, do it now. I'm not going anywhere and if you had the time to visit today, you have the time to read the links. I am on pause until you come back because this is part one of a two part story, the New Story. Our personal Year Zero.

Welcome back. The Done folder goes into the circular file. You know, we've been wasting a lot of time, although it appeared our time was purposeful, it did not actually get us where we really want to be. It occurred to me recently the huge body of outrage resulting directly from our stupid situation, our limp fury and bandaged heads from all the beatings against concrete walls, had an almost indescribable momentum AS IF IT WAS DESIGNED. Designed to be impossible to remove. What are walls meant for anyway? In the old story, walls worked. In the new story, there are no walls. We couldn't help it because we were born into it and it takes a train to cry. That's a good stage BTW, at least it opens the heart. After dwelling in that stage long enough, you know you must move on, you'll get a headache from the heartache. It seems that just about everyone born into the western gravitational system needs a lifetime to figure out how to get those Manhattan telephone books off their feet. Until you just remove them by yourself, going from one step to the next is unbearably difficult because those phone books are the pages of our past, our ancestors and their Karma, but remove them and all of that stops. It stops with you. You are at the end of that story here and now. Its over.

Everything feels better, brighter, more real, as it should be and as you always knew it was meant to be. The windows are open and the crispy season of turning leaves brushes against your face. You could almost fly. It doesn't matter what criticisms lie in wait, they have no meaning anymore, the Complaints Ledger went out with the Done folder. Could it get any better than this?

Yes, it can. There is a stunning coda to the new story. Just when you made the greatest breakthrough of your life, no phonebooks, no complaints, there was a very small and silent part of you that still longed ... the part that says "but what about?"

Now read this.

We could just stop here and live happily ever after. No more blogging required. Except, I like blogging, besides, I like art, too. Mostly, I like to see where these ideas lead and best of all, what other people do with them. In our new story, everyone is exploring their potential, it never stops, where one starts another takes it higher. To hell with copyrights, to hell with the selfishness of me-isms and mines. We WANT our ideas expanded otherwise they die, contracted, against all reason, which is exactly backwards from our natural intent.

If you read the links before you visited, we are on the same wavelength already and traveling together in light years. If you are just reading them now, there is no time like the present. The hologram is gone, the prison bars melted, the door of the trap was sprung wide open. Take it easy, the only thing holding us back today is language, our thoughts move faster than words - and words, geeze, they're backwards too.

I've been trying to compose snail mail letters to a friend in rehab. You can't imagine how difficult it is to convey meaning by hand, my handwriting races into the margins now. I've been trying to explain our new story, you can't link in paper letters, heh, and I imagine she won't be allowed to have those letters until she leaves. I want to tell her drugs have nothing on the truth, but that has to wait for a few more weeks when her real crisis begins. All of our crises are the storm clouds under which the play of civilization unfolds. Our protest acts as lightening followed by the rains, the floods, tsunamis of unrest and devastation. Our illnesses and discontents never had to be. Our guilt was rooted in singularity, thinking we were alone, or special, or separate, or smarter, or more adept or thwarted or unrecognized somehow and slighted, misunderstood, under-represented, without free will, enslaved and mysteriously used against our better judgement, ie; forced and coerced unnaturally. Our collective materialism was the buffer and it failed miserably in our hour of need. Each failure reinforced another and another until we found ourselves virtually helpless, lost in a vast universe of illegitimacy. You have to just shake your head in grief, how long has it been anyway, that you felt really, really good?

Well, let's go then, into the new story and get it on. Erase those hated words, rush and urgent, deadline, harsh, rehab, mainstream, zeitgeist, statistics, etc. Surely you'll have your own list of prehistoric nonsense you've used repeatedly to be in the "know". In the new story, we know nothing and everything at the same time, call it a speedball state of existence if you must, a state of union with the All where what IS completely extincts what WAS.

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Nina.

I was going to post that today is a special day. You said it.

The WP Generator says it: inled.

We harvested beans, squash and corn.

And more.

Best to Y'all, turey.

nina said...

Iry Spar.
You and a number of others have left the consumer grid. Happy freedom to you.
Do you have a blog?
Everyone posting here that has a blog that isn't on my bloglist, please tell me. And if I've put up the wrong blog, please tell me that too.

Charles Hugh Smith said...

"vast universe of Illegitimacy" really does it for me, Nina. Thank you for a mind-expanding post.

Anonymous said...

No Sis, when I load my website with the treasures that will become gold and then green I'll let you know.

I'm still eating from the supermarket and nearby organic grocery.

Bro G, over the river has space in his yard and at 76 still plants with the moon and the other countless ancient secrets of plant and man coming together. The people are fascinated. Watch from the surrounding hi rises.

Di bean dem fat yu si! An him did plant Injin corn. It red an powaful. Mi gwine cuk up sum pumkin soop yah.

One Love.

VW: pic-ata. Who is she!?

A T A....you out there?

RW said...

Welcome

Big hug

RW

baz recon said...

hmmm, it's late so I'll have to limit myself to quick and crude—seeing I'm so funny and all, funny even when I wuz being deadly serious—hah

Still nothing funny about war and consumerizm, Jaded revolutionaries, and myriad other blogging titles bespeaking anguish, despotizm, or feelings of being trapped. Walls? What walls? Maybe balls! Ah, yes a borderless world. Oneness! Sum fucken dream that 1! Beatles broke up, I heard. Someone shot the lead guitarist. Son-of-a U.S. Air Force ... Familiar story for those paying attention, replete with govt-connectivity. Of course—why knot. Laurel Canyon recruit.

Sort of reminds me, lest we forget—Prez is deploying another 100,000 cash-strapped stupid ignorant kids, barely out of their diapers programmed with american bullshit—many of them practicing Yoga, no-less—haha

Oh, and packing .30 caliber penis extensions—eeeven the women! for chris-sakes. Jesus. Mis-placed feelin's for mother? Unconscious hatred for an absent father, manacled to Honeywell Corporation. Ah—hell, don't think there isn't a war comin'. No amount of preying to the goddess Karma is goin' to stop what's due. Fools are invoking the wrong god. Forgiveness without repentance, is like sky without blue. Tequila without lime. A bumper without chrome. Rice without white. A pope without catholicity. A face without a nose ... or eyes.

WV: “Bring 'Em On!”, is what it is—Oh yeah, baby

nina said...

That was excellent Baz, Rome wasn't built in a day.
You perfectly evidence the bridge between the past and the present, the pain and the sublime. We know because you've told us about the ecstasy you experience out there in Nature, we know because of the Colonel and little Snorky and your sharing of your life with the lostness of web habitues. You did catch and cook those eels and then you were so pleased you sent a picture of them to murph. See, you contribute so much to the new story and you acknowledge the old story at the same time. You are the bridge.
Granted, one essay and two links are not going to change much, that wasn't my point at all. My point was/is acknowledging truth in the largest sense and considering what others have to say about the matter.
Awful things have gone on for centuries, they still go on and will continue, but we don't have to further inflame with our anguish because our anguish has no effect at all. We can however, leave it behind. Its not you. Its not me. I don't want any part of it, it gets in our way and will hold us back IF we desire to wallow in the past tense. Unless we were born magically deeply spiritual, we've responded to civilization's limits and terrors automatically, obediently, sometimes by force. Somewhere in your soul, you know very well none of it was right.

nina said...

Thank you Charles, I am very glad you spoke up. You too, are another wonderful example of the bridge, btw. Its not accidental, is it, that you titled your weblog Of Two Minds?
Because that is exactly where we are at this time.
We simply cannot require ourselves to be of only one mind.

nina said...

Welcome back and a big hug to you too, RW.

nina said...

Rasta, moon planting? At 76? Ancient secrets? Hey, this guy is living his own story! Very appealing!
What is he, a Maroon? I like him.

Did you ever hear Winston Rodney's song about his grandmother chopping wood?
I've been trying to find it again for a long time.

Respect.

Anonymous said...

Yes I, G is a Maroon. One of the last of the old heads that the elders gave ancient guidance about Livity. They shared only with the enthousiastic and sensitive.

I'm fortunate to have his company while I'm in British Columbia. Learning never ends.

He and I long for The Rock. Patience.

If I heard the song I'd probably remember it.

'aid-ness'..kindness. Where possible.

Jacob Gittes said...

Hello fellow Artlife Westers...
I read the Les Visible post, and the Charles Eisenstein essay before I read your post, so I guess I'll give myself a star for that. A line from Visible's essay which is nominally on sex stands out for me:
"Have no concern for what the world may think of your peculiar malady. The mocking dissonance of cowardly hearts is all the evidence you need that you are going in the right direction."

I can't tell you all how difficult in terms of melodrama, but not so bad in terms of spirit, this week has been. I really appreciate the fact that the readers and author of this blog are out there during weeks like this, even if I am not participating.

The attacks and vitriol from supposed friends is just increasing. One of them saw a book I was reading on dealing with collapse/crisis in an urban setting. Boy, did that set him off... Trying to be prepared to secure your family's safety and well-being in the event of a Black Swan event (or premeditated collapse, or bubble pop, or peak oil, etc.) is evidence, to many, that I am:
clinically depressed
mentally ill
paranoid
stupid
bitter

I was told that the reason I have the thoughts I do about Wall Street and Washington D.C. is that I "have failed to reach the station I wanted in life," so I'm just lashing out and looking for scapegoats, etc.

I have to admit that there could be some truth to that: who has, after all, reached "the station" they really want to reach in life? However, the station I am aiming for is nothing like the station my critic would want for himself. It's a place and mode that would be so alien to him that the desire for it would, to him, be a definite sign of insanity. This critic is "aspirational." Wants to buy a fancy house in a fancy neighborhood that helps him display his aspirations. His words without irony. So another friendship bites the dust.

Furthermore, in a real crisis, this person would be a real danger: his main skill and pastime seems to be to stir up trouble and mistrust between people. He is also, I've determined, the kind that would embrace fascism in a heartbeat. If a neo-fascist regime does arise, I might actually have to worry about this clown. Here's a good article, written in the early 1940's, about who "would go Nazi." Piquant, entertaining, and interesting article.

Main effect of melodrama this week: I'm tired. Wanna just go fishin' with a thermos of coffee by the river.

nina said...

Hmmm, perhaps this is the person who appointed himself to act as moderator, between the Facebook page and you?
Or, are there more of these lining the gutters of foreclosure nation?

Ok, going to your link now. You know Publius, they have no idea. NONE. This is why so many of us have left the social whirl behind. Don't they bore your fine mind?

nina said...

Iry Spar, I searched for hours last night through Winston Rodney lyrics and came up blank. Well, not really blank, you cannot come up blank reading his beautiful poetry.
Stay up.

Anonymous said...

Publius, I have had very few people that would even listen to my sustainable lifestyle and appropriate tech rap. I even tried keeping my bubbling/babbling inner child cool.

At some point, my confidence overcame the doubts that were thrown my way. Then, it's focus and determination at each step. The assistance and company of fellow travelers is a bonus gift.

Thanks for your insight, perspective and encouragement Nina, Les and All.

Live Up.

Jacob Gittes said...

Right on!
I would posit, however, that if/when things go bad in such away that denial is no longer possible, the people who 'get it' now will become one of the groups scape-goated. It's possible. Because we don't believe in the system, and we don't believe in the status quo ante, we might be blamed for the downfall...
The viciousness of the ridicule has surprised me. blah blah blah whine.
Also, throughout my life I've been overly generous with giving people second chances. This person was someone I should have distanced myself from a while ago... nobody is all bad, but the psychosis and disconnect from reality was always there.
I just hope all of you stay aware of your surroundings without being fearful. Here's an interesting article on that subject, a woman whose yoga and other spiritual practices saved her life.
We all would be well-served by putting our old issues to rest, so we can face our common futures in unity and strength.

nina said...

When interacting with a new person in the anonymity of common ground, the unconscious question automatically runs through our minds, Do they know?

That sounds insane doesn't it? Straight out of They Live.

But, let's be insane for a second, if indeed they think they know, chances are its not what you know. Chances are they have not spent the time on the research you have. Chances are you will be dealing with a representative-self rather than the authentic person, although on rare occasions we get lucky.

Publius, your excellent link Who Goes Nazi took me back to Rwandan, Evariste Ahimana, who clubbed his neightbor to death, a man he liked and often drank with. He will never apologize, although he said ten years after the event he still plans to, someday... The truth is he will not apologize for ideology, obviously, he doesn't think he was wrong. People will go to incredible lengths to hold onto beliefs even while that ideology flys in the face of abject misery and distress.

baz recon said...

Thx: I wuz wondering what I wuz! Sometimes we can only know who we are through the observations of others, try as we may we can never fully grasp the complex intracies of ourselves / our own hidden natures, entirely ; from within ourselves. As if the po-lice are even able to investigate themselves without prejudice ... impossible—conflict of interest ; obj. honor

1 day in the near-distant future, they'll be a great outpouring of (don't laugh), the conspiratorialists theorists themselves, and the huge body of actual truth {they were suppressing, indeed capitalizing on—really ! But then as my grandmother used to say ; "Truth is always best."

My son's gf caught the eels with him. She reeled in the 1st huge 1. I jumped on it, wrestling it to the ground [I'll spare you ..] Anyways, by the time he hauled in the 2nd—a bit smaller, she wuz in there with the knife—excellent. She's the one who took the photo after all of us had consumed most of it. Us survivalists view the river as a vast fridge, where the food is always fresh ... and cool.

Roman Empire—revived won't be destroyed in a single day either, it'll be a slow drawn out process over years—like 'our' proverbial frog cooking gently, simmering away ... gradually, a bit more each grueling day [for so many of the world's habitues] 'till done.

Pentecostal minister I once lived with—Texan—told me ; "our perceptions we have of ourselves—are what we percieve others percieve us to be!" This contemporary belief permeated society in the 70s—80s [our formative years], have made us into who and what we are today. For better or worse / warts and all—indeed products, often with merely the dimest awareness of the dark forces in shadows constantly stalking us, as we navigate our way through uncharted existenz, and into the future—hopefully off the shoals which silently await our foolishness, are surely just 'neath the waves, beyond our un-natural visibility.

As, on acount everything around us, is artifically contrived and manufactured in some factory, part and parcel of franchizing entanglements. There is no escape from the machine—resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Res ... No-one gets out alive. Warning Will Robinson !!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Publius sorry about the bad week. Funny folks are giving you a hard time, my son told me the ex (a rabid Obot or is it Obamanoid?) will still get fiery-eyed and flared-nostriled about the alternative kick I was on when married 2 her (to anyone who will still listen) -- conspiracy nut! anti-Semite! (for supporting the Pals) (she was a JAP), kooky (for storing/growing food and buying silver) and so on and on. Mustve been all-those-drugs. And it's been 10 yrs since we split! Something really gets under their skin, that's for sure. Well she's comfortably set up in a rich Austin suburb now with a big plasma TV, swimming pool, and an architect sig other so I hope she's happy now. I'M happy to be out of that, 'Goodbye to all that.' She's living a life her rich daddy (Halliburton) would be proud of.

Jacob Gittes said...

thanks for the comments.
Yes, there's a whole lot of shakin' goin' on!
I could add, for those interested, that it's not just this strange strangling of our civilization that is affecting me... I am dealing with decades of stuff... family stuff. Father stuff. My father died just last year. Lots of issues... in a way, I'm just waking up to something, or from something. It's all tied together.

My thing about who goes Nazi wasn't meant to scare anyone, but I've seen recently to what lengths the sociopaths in our midst can go if you reject them. Les Visible has written about this.

We still don't know if the FedGov and its masters and minions will go into that dark night gently, or with a real good old American try at fascism, or even worse, totalitarianism. One the one had, the supposed American individualism would prevent that. But I think that's largely illusory now that people really don't know how to do anything for themselves related to survival or self-sufficiency. The individualism is sham, provided by marketing and consumerism. If that is threatened, I think we'll see a great leader arise who promises to kick the crap out of the evil-doers who caused the demise of the easy-living nightmare. As Sinclair Lewis entitled his book ironically, "It Can't Happen Here." Well, it can.

Watch out for signs, like the continuing manufacture of crisis as a way to prevent stability and discussion. Watch for scapegoating, and a constriction of freedom of movement and association.
Uh oh... I think we're on our way.
The only mitigating factor in the USA is a strong resistance... people and groups still in touch with authentic ways of life. Not just the Amish. People of all stripes... who tend to be viewed with derision by the mainstream. Notice how the mainstream press takes great pains to diminish or ridicule those who oppose the projects and plans of the elites.
I fear, however, that a real crisis will bring out the worst. It didn't used to be that way.

nina said...

it's not just this strange strangling of our civilization that is affecting me... I am dealing with decades of stuff... family stuff.

No man is an island.

Do you read the Survival Acres newsletter?

Anonymous said...

How can I resist the VW 'weise'.

In one way I've left the consumer grid Nina.

I'm getting better at sorting wants from needs. Some old habits are persistant and itch to get their way.

Not only the attachments to physical stuff and experiences, also the wants of anger, frustration and Co to take over.

A good servant is attentive to their service. I'm encouraging my silence so the whisperings and urgings of Gaia and The Source are heard. To listen to others similarly entranced is a 'brawta'*.

If I were in Kingston, I'd find your Burning Spear requests Sistrin. Chino in Half Way Tree would know.

Publius, I realised that being around supportive and kind folks was best for me. In the meantime, I give thanks for this and other cybersanctuaries and truck on until...?

Later, turey.

* Jamaican: The likkle extra sellers may give just because it feels right.

nina said...

Half Way Tree ... Isn't that just the loveliest name for a place? The tree at half the way to where you're going?

Anonymous said...

Yea, it has a clock tower where the tree was. Half way between the sea and the mountain road starting at Papine. 56 Hope Road where Bob dem controlled and recorded 'Catch a Fire' at is about a mile up the road.

I'm a Kingstonian born and grow in Upper St Andrew. If you know Ja society, some there speak better than the Queen ;-).

'hot-hid'. Climate change denial?

Zoner said...

Yes, yes, and yes once again.

It felt odd to settle into my usual seat with the usual cup of warmth with blog visiting in mind - a ritual that I have been wrapped up in for quite some time now. I almost didn't want to do it because things are, well, different somehow. I can't explain it, but returning to my "home" after several weeks felt very strange and foreign. And now I know why.

I was afraid of falling back into that mode of reading without learning, and then learning without doing. Too many days wasted pondering written words and not enough motion in the body. That's what is killing me faster than anything - a lack of movement and flow.

Thanks, Nina, for cluing me in to the change that has taken place. The temptation to "catch up" on all Les Visible's postings and to visit the Trout Clan fire will have to wait, for there is much moving and grooving to be done. Guitars and amps to ship off to new owners, threats from people who want money from me to be dealt with, and all that kind of stuff that seems so silly and meaningless right now. My wife said going back to work was like entering the Twilight Zone, shuffling meaningless papers around and doing...what again? Oh yeah, providing us with wages, benefits, and whatever else comes with that package.

That other "catching up" stuff will have to wait, but I had to drop in here and tell you all how much I missed you and your comforting words of wisdom.

Being unplugged from the computer was a great blessing, as was seeing what transpires daily on FOX. Between limited internet availability and the lack of strength to sit through Glen Beck, the only option was to be in the moment without external stimulus and remember that it is O.K. to just BE without an agenda or a laundry list. Man, that was a timely lesson. It helped to have mountains to stare at and communicate with. A trip outside the "comfort zone" (that was increasingly uncomfortable) came at the perfect time I guess.

Pangolin, sorry I missed the chance to get together. I'll be back and will make a point of making that trip alone next time. I know you can teach me much about the California scene and if you are willing I'd love to discuss our plans and see if you have any insight into what we are shooting for. I have been trying to tell my wife that I don't think our goal of growing our own food and doing a mostly agricultural thing is best suited for northern Cali, but she isn't convinced and I simply don't know. I know that weed grows readily in Humboldt County, but I have doubts about the soil and water availability. I keep telling her that if she wants to be a farmer, we don't have to move far, but she wants the warmth and sunshine without the sub-zero winter. Hey, it seems to work for the homeless up there in the Emerald Forest.

Publius, I'm sorry to hear that the pressure is getting to your "friend" and that it is spilling over into your shared space. Don't take it personally, man. Failed to reach the station you wanted? Sounds like you have it plainly in sight and are on track. Too bad if it isn't "mainstream" and all that, but how has that worked out for us so far?

"I just hope all of you stay aware of your surroundings without being fearful". Indeed. Fuck it, let's go fishing!

Thanks most of all to our kind and wise host. Thank you, Nina, for your beautiful and deeply felt words and comments. This is a fine place to mark the beginning of our new way, approved or not.

Love to all,

Z

nina said...

There really is something amazing to be said for physically getting up and going out there. Its not something you can tell others, with the valued exception of the Z family, because its your trip. From here on out your world is colored differently, more to your making, its your own song, story, whatever, but you have seen the other side. This my friend, is a monumental change from where we started, isn't it.
I don't have that email anymore, lost in the hardrive crash, but if I was true to the point I would have said something like "no one can explain it, you have to just do it". But your explanation/description/heartfelt feelings come very close! Thanks Z, I am honored by your friendship.

Anonymous said...

'rest-iou'.

Your word generator is right on again Nina.

Rest from rush, stress and the other robbers of my enthousiasm.

Shangril-La starts between the ears and builds out. What else could be sweeter.

Getting my tools, books and treasure ready for 'Gold to Green'.

Phase 1. Old to Gold.

My Ja community:

http://treasurebeach.net/guide/

Upwards ever, backwards never.

Best to Y'All.

turey.

Jacob Gittes said...

Zoner,
Welcome back!
Let's hang out.

Are the wolves circling the sheep, or are the sheep sneaking out through the back gate?