D E E P I N T O A R T L I F E WEST

Thursday, November 24, 2011

The farce flying in the face of quicksand

Among the over-aggressive, fatuitous people who hitched their fates to the Illusion, the impossibility of continuance somehow came to them in subconscious, fleeting, here today, gone tomorrow moments and slowly took off in viral whispers over flutes of outrageously expensive champagne in the highest places to the point it no longer mattered if there were endings or beginnings or even the mildest concern if a nation crumpled and then another and another, all of them failing by definition of a failed state, definitions designed by and for the Illusion, such failures were and are ubiquitously welcomed as the natural free progression towards fabulous opportunity for the successful predator, the very most successful, the King of all Predators being, of course, M-a-n.  A certain kind of man, belonging to a violent alien hybrid ethnicity perhaps.


At first, and for decades, it appeared and still does for the vast majority of helpless, confused slaves, that all, yes, every single one of the looming and dire threats facing our planet were being deliberately twisted, thrown into the Diversion Cellars of media conglomerates, misaligned by the most inconsequential, miniscule shards of truth and misrepresented to the public resulting in entire mountain ranges of false opinion based on yesterday's garbage.  This body of opinion existed, and still does, to occupy the space in the human mind organically reserved for natural curiosity.  How could it be, asked the worried slave, that a steady lineup of supposedly human models stands eagerly before the global camera bickering, misspeaking, yukking it up and putting forth agendas that would only serve to make a bad situation worse? That ever since climate change showed itself, the poisonous atmosphere has multiplied beyond record, that ever since awareness of a debt crisis was allowed, country by country is folding under pressure, that once it became obvious we were in deep trouble with peaking energy, there is more energy demand than ever before, and how could Fukushima's Chernobyl-style meltdowns occur with so little concern for the coming Cancers?  How 'bout a little statistic on Afghan civilians wanting endless drone war?  And why is it, asked the corn-fed children of the fructose-consuming slaves, all those regal leaders are running around bare ass naked, why, when its plain to see everyone's suffering is multiplying exponentially, do they keep on doing all those awful things?  Who will punish them, who is not a part of the dark side, why are they immune to sanctions and death penalties?  Even the little children, born into it, as busy as they are with their junior tech toys and belt bearing parents, can feel something is off while their meals consist of freeze dried doughy soylent green, but they are made to memorize the food pyramid in class.  Oh, what to do?  How do you answer to the kids?  Would YOU personally cover for the Abusers?  Um, I don't think so.  You'll have to break it to them soon enough because out there in the big, big world, children not much older than those still under the discomfort of an underwater mortgaged roof are enduring recovery from in your face pepper spray dished out by the very dudes whose united motto is to protect and serve. 


Who is being protected and who is serving whom?


Now, as yet another no fly zone is beginning the dogmatic excesses of being sealed into place over yet another wayward Arab Spring gone beastly, and the drumbeats against Iran grow into timpanic membrane-shattering thunder, we review these past decades as normal curious slaves and begin at last to fill in that difficult corner section of a trillion piece jigsaw puzzle. It would be easier to see through the fog if Black Everyday is a Shopping Holiday consumerism weren't equally as deafening in heightened contrast.  Buy! Buy! Kill!  Kill! While teetering malls track slaves by cellphone supposedly building statistics on what individual consumers do, where and how often inside gargantuan weather-less energy whales, why have we not heard of tracking the deadly results of Fukushima's meltdowns?  Why is it off the radar to get statistics for the future of Niger's youth, Somalian famine devastation and what in the world is going on now that spawned enemy plantation overseers are deep sixed, in the dark of night, keeping the believers out of the fantasia media loop?  When you start a story and the follow up is this weak, how are intentionally created, addicted to fake news slaves supposed to keep up with the full presentation?  Every day, many times in a day, stuff happens.  The news web revolves and spins with beginnings, but where are the endings? And the behind the scenes paragraphs and middle passages to keep up the interest?  We're not supposed to know.  We are supposed to be shopping, that is IF we are not panhandling dirty welfare hippies, living off entitlements, unemployed, a detested drag on the Dream turned to someone else's worst nightmare.


There cannot be endings and definitely not coerced beginnings and middles. You'll have to forgo them.   A real ending is final and reveals the horrific reality that It Is Over.  They know it, the slaves are not allowed to know.  Not since JFK have we had a decent person looking out for American interests as well as Humanity's interest.  This IS how it happened, step by secret step, sinking deeper into the Apocalyptic quicksand we lost our way in repetitive negative reinforcement.  It was not as much a pure awakening as a gradual realization over time that Planet Earth simply can not keep on functioning as it was and still to this day hobbles to do what it once did naturally, except it can not under the massive weight of too many gaping mouths and fattened wallets and bodies in various states of declining health, starvation of nutrients, we are like plants and need sunlight to survive, but the survival mechanism has been destroyed along with everything else.  This situation will go on and on until it can no longer carry the appetites of the self-inflated vampires taking it for granted our Earth is indestructible, one gigantic, unlimited free for all, ripe for the taking, an ongoing infinite, nonstop rape.  The ending of all the stories comes when the last man passes out from exhaustion on the last portion of decayed asphalt realizing, "Oh No!"  He knew it all along and his dying wish is to have been more prepared, to have told someone in a postion to do something what it was he was seeing.  It won't happen because until there is no one left, there will always be someone else who thinks they know better than the slave.


We will be the first humans to have three world wars within a single century and the toll of each serves to expedite the quicksand's lust.  It is not for lack of something better to do that Astrophysicists are deseperate to find planets bearing water.  The only question left once they close in on the real deal is:  Has mankind learned ANY lessons?  I doubt it.  The Universe is already known to be violent, it portends rather a perfect ending, does it not?  An ending with a brutal beginning, a metastasizing disease infecting galaxy after galaxy.  Will they bring along the gift blankets?  Is there a map of Black Holes yet?




Su is right in suggesting the internet will be closed down.  We have to expect it along with the continued diminshment in the quality of life overall.  Every avenue of repair, hope, possibility, escape and salvation will evaporate before our eyes as planetary austerity grows and overtakes every small, insignificant innocent being just going along minding their own business because they will never, ever tell us the truth since the truth implicates them beyond the shadow of doubt.  They will never understand in such times guilt is not the issue, we've known for decades blame is not a tool for conflict resolution, forgiveness and restoration of the natural balance is appropriate here, but their fear is too great.  The paranoia is so pervasive at every level, they throw patsy after patsy into the lion's den hoping the audience will be finally satiated and quit their irritating questions.  It is this death match which will continue to put forth all the wrong, actually opposite efforts leading to predictable failure leading to extinction of human and other resources that once supported a grand and glorious opportunity now wasted so badly it is fully impossible to go back in time.


Be sure to hug your loved ones, human or animal or both and be grateful for the time left and make possible whatever happiness for others, no matter how small that happiness, that you can bring about.  We are here in these extreme times for that reason only.  And it is a beautiful reason, there is none more pure than sharing our love and maximizing our compassion.  It seems to me that meltdown is built into every nuclear power plant online and is it not possible that all of them could be adjusted somewhat to make nuclear weaponry?  If that is the case, then the annihilation of Planet Earth is kinda guaranteed ... built into the plan you might say, not that slaves should ever spend a single minute dwelling on what that means in the bigger scheme.  We like to have faith we will be around at least to see our lifetimes through and surely that will happen ... or not, the edifice and artifice are incredible, spectacular even, but all of it harbors that ugly little trapdoor keeping us neatly rounded up in place never to know exactly when or how this sad story ends.

79 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an ending to TG day....
reading LV's essay on Thanksgiving
and gratitude should be an attitude
and now your essay right afterwards. I think this will be the last placid Thanksgiving day
we ever have..... the rollercoaster is now at the zenith, ready to plunge down at a near 90 degree angle...
Enjoy "black Friday" and shop till you drop!

Anonymous said...

Everything has turned (burned?)
so weird, even the weather... Nada but a trace of rain out here in 13 months.... just huge sandstorms like those of the 30s.... Bastrop State Park goes up in a firestorm, along with 1600 homes, all but 100 acres
out of 6500... Try the nurture and sustaining of a "survival garden"
in those conditions! First the grass died, then the shrubs died, now the trees are dying.... pecans at $12/lb., try making a poor man's
pie out of that. Juarez is worse than Bagdad but Obama's wants to assure the integrity of THEIR borders... those emerald mines, you know... 26 found dead in cars and vans in Guadalajara... want to go to the book fair there? tX

nina said...

TX, what's this about emerald mines? But of course, its so reasonable. Juarez, Sirte, Falluja, hells on Earth.
They know. Whatever we feel, how do you think they feel?

nina said...

Anon 8:45PM, I will check it out. What a neat recommendation. Thanks.

Yes, the holidays having already lost meaning, will not really qualify for the markets current shovelfuls of mark downs for much longer. They have this grinding stench of desperation lately. It makes you think everyone besides ourselves is an advertising model paid to deliver trough snorting.

Terrance said...

The modern world all at the expense of mother earth!....when will it all stop, the digging and raping and bombing and poisoning, so our mother can rest,heal and regain her health?

We are at the tipping point, soon to be the point of no return.....what mark will we leave on this world?

Grateful for another day of living in this strange land of the almighty dollar! Difficult as things are, little bits of happiness go along way in making this sojourn bearable.

Peace Love Out.....

Anonymous said...

The emerald mines are in Afghanistan, should have clarified. Yes, do look it up. They will not leave, even in 2024. Things could be worse in USSA than in Egypt or Libya but as long as the amerikan masses have beer, hotdogs, tv and football they won't be out in the streets en masse as in Cairo today. They dress in rags anyway, or the XXXXL football tees anyways.
If Alexander could not subdue Afghanistan or Bactria, how do you expect our incompetants to do so?

Anonymous said...

PS- Google is yr friend... just saw there are several videos on youtube about the afghani emerald miners.

Anonymous said...

Coasttocoastam (George Noory) devoted two hours last night to a discussion of GMO foods w/ a TX farmer. That was enough to make my hair stand on end.
Then today I get the December American Conservative (that's not Santorum, "Ideas over ideology;
Principles over party") and the cover story is "Frankenstein's Farm: Transgenic Agriculture twists property rights as well as DNA". A must read. That will REALLY make your hair stand on end. Well I had tofu turkey yesterday being a vegan, so it really doesn't matter if I grow breasts. Better that than be a one legged cyclops! The cover reads "Monsanto's Mutants". Am glad to see that the right/left faux dichotomy is eroding.... folks on both sides are the divide are realizing that their very survival is at risk, we hang together or we will hang separately by the psychopaths.

Anonymous said...

I was raised Seventh Day Adventist so vegan is not alien to me.... I don't know about all the soy now, but my parents are still both vegan and hale and hearty at 89yo... of course I got disfellowshipped from SDA at 20 and went on to study other religions and traditions, but the folks always grew organic and we ate vegan and organic. But the dietary practices and farming practices of SDA still make sense to me. I don't believe "god is punishing us" as SDA does, I believe our mortal overlords are punishing us and dumbing us down. For the slaughter. I do believe in Evil and I do believe they are Evil.
There is a wonderful SDA vegan restaurant in Rapid City, SD and every one should go there, affiliated with BHHEC (Black Hills Health and Education Center). If you want meat, they'll cook you up a vegan turkey or pork or whatever and you won't be able to tell the difference. I forget the name, it's changed, but they bussed us in to it from BHHEC. I had been through rehab after rehab for drug addiction and none ever worked until I went to BHHEC. Even Betty Ford didn't work! BHHEC took in Lakotas suffering diabetes and rotten feet, and cured them with
exercise, diet, the sort of things parodied in that movie "Wellsville".
It save their life. TX

freeacre said...

We went to a large Thanksgiving gathering of about 20 friends and neighbors last night. The food was opulent, but I noticed that a prayer of thanks was not given before the meal. On a day that the financial markets were tanking, the news was full of war mongering idiocy, chem-trails are morphing into nano-trails, and the weather turned cold and damp with radio-active rain, the mirth seemed shallow at best. Most of the people there were living in homes with severely upside down mortgages. One couple had miraculously sold their home for half of what they paid for it and will be moving away. Most are dealing with cancer, heart disease, chronic pain, sleep disorders, chronic fatigue - you name it. When we came home, our darling dog began having severe seizures that lasted all night.
I can see why the kids are obsessed with vampires and zombies. Our lifeblood is being sucked dry as the loathsome scum wipe our blood from their smirking lips. Welcome to zoombie land. I can see the Huff-post headline now: "Staggering is the New Normal."

nina said...

FA, I am sure had I gone anywhere, I would have seen the same. I don't like to leave the land anymore, everywhere on the way down the hill into the flatlands are foreclosures and for sale signs with huge bank locks on the doors and papers stuck in the windows. Left behind is a heavy trail of tears and the occasional child's toy.

How is Brie today? I know she's had these seizures before, what is it? And was her medication not helping? Bless her heart. Sending healing love pats her way.

No prayer hunh? That says everything. We all need some healing love pats now.

Over a decade, going into two decades and we still have no answers on the chemtrails, but studying them one cannot help but see something very weird is happening. And the DOD still has enough money to keep it up, rain or shine, day or night, 24/7 365 days a year.

Its one of the reasons I know they know. They know everything.

nina said...

Terrance, from all we can gather, we have gone well past the tipping point and are in no man's land. This is what I meant by the great for for all, once the tipping point was past, there was no reason to hold back anymore. They know its over and are busying themselves with the spoils of what they did. A whole lot of stuff that used to be of extreme importance is just ignored, its like "so what". Perhaps the thinking goes something along the lines of so and so regions are not worth it to save, and with a far lesser population problem, there will be enough for all of whom are left.

That is cloaked eugenics.

I so agree with you on happiness. Thank you for your posts.

nina said...

TX, I think you told us about that Vegan place a long time ago, its been bookmarked in my head for whenever I land in the Dakotas. How is your addiction now? Addiction is like the unspoken secret of society at all levels. Whenever I check in with my old pals in old haunts, I hear another batch of truly good people have hit the skids. Apparently everybody was doing, is doing it and nobody knew/knows about it until "something" happens. Its always staggering, to use freeacre's great insight, and on the other hand, its not, its just another "staggering normal".

Thank you for all your good information. I cannot get videos on dialup, but links are always welcome and visited. Always.

nina said...

PS: your December issue of American Conservative, that's online already?
THX TX. I would very much like to read it.

Anonymous said...

wind in the pastures
bind of the grain
hearts made of earth
a perpetual flame
emerald diamonds
strings made of pearls
high the trails scatter
far the wind swirls
starfeilds and rivers
tracks of the sun
drums of all unity
one love is one
far running water
weaving through hills
warmth of emotion
aligns up and fills

..peace..

Anonymous said...

Fear the end of the age. There is Good News. Find it.

nina said...

Beautiful neil. Paradise.

Anonymous said...

Update: The BHHEC people told me Veggies in Rapid City went bust, now an Indian restaurant. That is the fourth vegan restaurant I frequented to go bust now since the crash of 2008. I have to cook my own food!! Things are so much worse than what gov't lies say.
And this is on Obama's watch, Hope and Changers, don't blame Bush. Obama is just as much a corporatist. Gonzalo Lira, the Conservative, has an excellent essay on why he supports the Occupy movement...
Nina, my addiction is under control, but the allopaths want to put me on all sorts of drugs and I won't do it. After Betty Ford, they put me on welbutrin, and try having a grand mal seiZure! Never again. I try to control the angst/depression with diet and exercise and yoga, but... but... is it that weird one should be depressed? The planet is dying, people are insane, it doesn't rain at all anymore, why the hell shouldn't I be depressed? Normal rxn IMO. Tex

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the plethora of mail. But I have to cut the broadband and wireless off at the end of this month. Can no longer afford it...
Obviously the farm was a failure, it's dead, there is nothing there. The ground is cracked like nothing I ever seen. No harvest in this dead land. Just huge wildfires like something Dante would imagine in Hell. My brother has been unemployed in CA as an architect for three years (no building much) and my sister is unemployed (laid off) as a graphic artist. So much for us all having college degrees. I guess we should all join the Occupy movement but out here in WesTex, it would mean being clubbed or gassed. And Hellary had the gall to lecture the Arabs about human rights and freedom of speech????
TX

Terrance said...

Cloaked eugenics indeed.....death by a thousand cuts
Transparent war machine , leading to a planned eugenics
Hell on Earth tipping point!...home grown love to all!

Anonymous said...

One Love People.

In Kingston doing old to gold.

Soon back in the garden with the three sisters and our many friends, the wasps, ants, spiders, lizards and all.

Gold to Green time.

Later can be greater, turey.

Anonymous said...

No, we did not get rain, even with a fifty percent chance! I was going to say some stuff, but Les Visible's latest came up and he says it all.
We just get sandstorms anymore, no rain... $6 billion lost in agriculture in Tex, and the MSM says nothing. Thousands of people out of work, and the MSM says nothing. You will find out, eventually. Store food, that's all I can advise. TX

allan spence said...

When we came home, our darling dog began having severe seizures that lasted all night. freeacre.
what are you feeding your dog?

freeacre said...

allen & nina, Brie has had no seizures since the day after Thanksgiving. She eats lamb & rice dog food, supplemented with home cooked beef, turkey, and rabbit. Plus some treats, like Milk Bones and snow peas from the garden in season. We give her the minimum dose of phenobarbital we can get away with and also taurine supplements, which are supposed to help as well.
The cluster seizures have been reduced from once a month to once every two months. But, it's still a bummer.

Ghost Dancer said...

Drumming

In you outside you and about you
light dances, turning, singing in a blur of drums and turquoise
I Am, I Am cannot you see
I Am
The search I made for all
that ends at life's meander fall
which does confront the all
Moves thru time's eons seeing, feeling
loves slaying flaying
Believe, believe
Be my love evermore, evermore
Reject me never more
I endure
You must hear compassion's haunting call
Whose echoes join my love with all
You are the sought for and the seeker
Be one

Anonymous said...

Hi Nina and all, very poignant and very much like I feel.

It is the perfect slave who believes he is free .. Voltaire

The angels have grown tired of the clever.....Kahlil Gibran

DublinMick

chickory said...

i read that the chemtrails were about making diffused light - to prevent global warming. I dont believe anything i hear on the news - which happens to be the weakest dumbnest magaziney fluff of all time. I'll tell you we really are doomed if a seriously evil human like newt gingrich can actually run for office with out lightining striking him dead. he is repulsive. this is a choice? there isnt anybody. all there is now is to figure out a game plane to divorce yourself from this serf plantation by non participation in the system as much as possible. Ive found a few ways to circumvent the construct.

Giving thanks, for this blog.

nina said...

Arrested for Supporting Local Business: Occupying Black Friday at the Big Boxes in Oklahoma City

Uh oh

nina said...

Chickory, I came to the same realization which resulted in this post. There are no decent candidates and with the propaganda media machine assisting, there won't be any for a very long time. Any looney with a fortune can play candidate and does. Any purchased looney with a fortune backing them can jump in and we will have again slipped down the stairwell to yet another bizarro landing.

>art is salvation<

nina said...

Hi Mick, I think about you every day and wonder if you are ready to blog again. I'm sure you've got some thing you should share. Your work is unique and your presence is missed. I know your mind works overtime.
What d'ya say Dude?

Pangolin said...

Hello all. I had Thanksgiving dinner down at our little local Occupy encampment with about 25 other people and 15 or 16 dishes. I was given the honor of carving the turkey. Something about the ampleness of my frame seems to make people hand me a knife in the presence of a turkey.

Food kept arriving in small and large donations for hours after we were stuffed. I stood outside our tent and offered pie to everyone who passed by. On Black Friday we had a fair crew for a Buy Local or Buy Nothing demonstration outside the mall. Not a peep from the mall cops.

While the news may be full of happy talk I can tell you from the empty parking spots at that mall that people are broke. There was enough space in front of Toys-R-Us for the guy selling oranges from the back of a pick-up AND the mexican felt painting lady. Traffic rolled freely.

Pass the Dutchie because we're all just going through the motions of normality until the kaleidoscope settles into a new pattern.

TX_ I keep saying that all the crazy FEMA camp rumors are preparations for the evacuations of Texas and Florida due to weather/climate disasters.

Consider selling whatever you have to and purchasing a Yuba Mundo cargo bike. These are all-steel bicycles that can carry you, a friend/pet, and survival gear from Texas to Canada if need be. I wish I had done this instead of purchasing my crappy and unsalable car. Being broke without a bicycle is a sad, sad situation. I've got a good one but not that good.

Patience; momma's not yet evicted us and there is still space for hope.

whatbox? said...

Well said Nina. Well said.
The farce is expected to Peak before it fades away. We get to live the Peaking, in Beijing times.

Is that picture from where you live? Awesome. Simply awesome.
Sol, Soul is Jah, Light, Might, the Right Angle... ;-)

Vivek

nina said...

Pangolin, great tips, great insights. What if, in certain locations, there are certain people who's job it is to get rowdy in certain public places at designated hours? Of course, they would have to be arrested, but from there, its over and onto the next assignment? If there are paid commenters why not paid shoppers? Sort of like lobbyists for a happy economy story.

Pangolin said...

What if, in certain locations, there are certain people who's job it is to get rowdy in certain public places at designated hours? Of course, they would have to be arrested, but from there, its over and onto the next assignment?

You've been to Chico on a Friday night?

If there are paid commenters why not paid shoppers? Sort of like lobbyists for a happy economy story.

Um, there are paid shoppers who do everything from comparative pricing surveys, to customer service checks to gushing over high-end merchandise at pricey boutiques, jewelers and galleries. The poor folks swarming Target on Black Friday are just caught up in the social wake like fish chummed by a tanker's propellers.

Anonymous said...

Nina
I came full circle on this blogging until it seemed like I was saying the same thing over and over. Maybe just burnout. I like to blog but then there is pressure to say something worthwhile and just yammering like I was beginning to feel like I was doing. It does leave more time for gardening.

It is a strange period we are in it seems to me anyway, kind of like autopilot. Comet Elenin did not result in any of the what seemed like monumental possibilities. In fact I expected a lot more of a shake up planet wise than what we have seen yet at least up until now.

Dublinmick

Terrance said...

Everyone here is a joy ....very envigorating....definitely miss Dublinmick's insights....we all do what we can!

nina said...

I want to thank Ghost Dancer for his wonderful poem, its so versatile, we can apply it to Nature, the Gods or to an individual, it is unity coupled with great depth of emotion that comes through. Also, its good to see you back again, Mr. Dancer. You're in the Love Tribe now.
>Gratitude<

nina said...

We certainly have a wide variety of talented people here. It is what separates us from the bored and boring. Thank gawd! How ever awful it gets out there, our talents belong only to us as Jah's ever ready vessels.

nina said...

Dearest neil, your new work is gracing the pages of Graces & Granite. It went up the minute I saw it. I thought I'd better tell you so you wouldn't think you were overlooked and feel a way. That will never happen here, or anywhere else actually, I see you have become other people's poet in residence too. I could not be more pleased.
Spreading the love cuz there's always more where it comes from.
XO

nina said...

Yes, Vivek, it is amazing out here, but beyond the scenery it is just like everywhere else and lots more expensive. Loyal GOP territory among the farmers and rurals in general. I just hunker down and watch/paint from on high. One day I must figure out a way to photograph the illegals working the crops, but they start at night and are gone by the time I get out there. Can you imagine such a painting - in their work clothes of every color you can imagine and sunned faces against a backdrop of bright blue port-o-potties, old trucks, green tented take-a-break wagons, threshers, plows and irrigation ponds where Mallards glide and these amazing and very shy people dip and sway to pick broccoli, chard, beets and carrots?

Looking forward to your exciting presentation so much! The stills are just making the wait even more unendurable! I saw those chisled hands of a true artist making thunder.

Thank you. And thank you again. And again.

nina said...

The real problem is how to photograph them without them thinking I am spying for immigration enforcement and running away. :(
After winter is done, I will go there with my sketchbook and draw it. That ought to help. Maybe.

nina said...

Terrance, you are a joy.

nina said...

turey, tell me this, are you feeling much more alive in your life these days?
Chickory put up a post that really made many people think about feeling alive, she'd become lost in the mountains and found her way home in the dark and rain feeling incredibly alive. I remember my life in the jungle with my peeps down there and realized there was never a moment I did not feel totally alive and in tune with everyone and everything. Is this how it is for you now? You are to be congratulated for doing all you do including keeping on with your total plan rain or shine.
>AWE<

Anonymous said...

They have discovered a new hybrid corn in the wilds of Mexico. It apparently makes sperm non-viable. Can't imagine how it got there, can you?

New study shows that keeping a wifi laptop in your lap leads to sterility. Strange thing is you just have to watch. I bring this up because a friend of mine just died of testicular cancer. He was a cartoonist and ad designer. He lived in the boonies and did all his work by computer. Guess what he used (wifi) Where he lived however, he had no choice mostly it was do that or no job.

Strange thing about it is, you can't take everyone you know aside and say hey this will screw you up.

Yes emeralds in Mexico. They will always have "integrity" at their borders as they say a large portion of the country is swimming in silver.
Dublmick

nina said...

Mickles, I agree we are in a weird zone. I put up some new blogs on the blog list to kind of alleviate the drag of doom, they are more um, chatty, not as long, equally as interesting and informative, few if any comments because they post so often. I am not in a position to do this immediately, but I think its good and vow to try it soon rather than work up to feeling like composing long essays every other week or so. There is too much going on to put into long essays and things are speeding up out there, so we have every opportunity to blog in a way that suits our personal circumstance and temperment. If you were not so interesting, I would not encourage you, but you ARE and I miss the subject matter and conclusions of your work. It does not have to be lengthy and no one is perfect either. Another approach is to take it day by day, some days you are in another mindset and some days blogging is fun. You know.

nina said...

We were commenting at the at the same time which shows me I didn't really need to make my comment "case" to you at all, you are already on it.

Its just perfect as it is, informative, brief, to the point. Forces the viewer to think for themselves.

nina said...

Pangolin, I already know about the paid shopping industry, I meant paid to start riots in consumer lines so the pitiful of the globe thinks we surely must have incredible wealth and are therefore All-Powerful because of it.

nina said...

That would be called perception management.

nina said...

Turey commented 12.29.09: ...One Permaculture Demonstration/Farm/School/Museum/Craft Workshop/Underground Boogieplace/Artist Retreat coming up...
That is the grand plan. You are sticking to it. Awesome.

Pangolin said...

Nina_ I seem to recall that there was an autistic animal behavior expert who could design animal handling chutes in feedlots, dairies and slaughterhouses so that the animals would calmly wander towards whatever fate awaited them whether it be milking or butchering.

Now turn that idea on it's head. Design "special offer" sales and limited item discounts along with aisle, door, and product placement so that you can create a scene where your product appears to be desperately desirable. Look: people are hurting themselves to but these things; they must be great.

Humans are herd animals. It's pretty easy to get them to stampede.

Anonymous said...

Diogenes states for a human to be in accord with nature is to be rational, for it is in the nature of a human being to act in accord with reason.

Diogenes was knee deep in a stream washing vegetables. Coming up to him, Plato said, "My good Diogenes, if you knew how to pay court to kings, you wouldn't have to wash vegetables."
"And," replied Diogenes, "If you knew how to wash vegetables, you wouldn't have to pay court to kings."

"Dogs and philosophers do the greatest good and get the fewest rewards."

Diogenes stood outside a brothel, shouting, "A beautiful whore is like poisoned honey! A beautiful whore is like poisoned honey! A beautiful whore . . . ". Men entering the house threw him a coin or two to shut him up. Eventually Diogenes had collected enough money and he too went into the brothel.


Diogenes was asked why he always begged. "To teach people," replied Diogenes. "Oh yes, and what do you teach?" people would ask him scornfully. "Generosity", he replied.

"poverty is the only thing money can't buy."

Aristotle dines when it seems good to King Philip, but Diogenes when he himself pleases.


When Alexander the Great addressed him with greetings, and asked if he wanted anything, Diogenes replied "Yes, stand a little out of my sunshine."

"If I were not Alexander, I should wish to be Diogenes."

Nina things don't change so very much over the centuries do they?

Dublinmick

Anonymous said...

I have managed to get in some reading lately and I still highly recommend for those who have not read it,

Tecumseh
A Sorrow In Our Heart

It is a masterpiece and not speculation but many quotes and historical perspective from those who actually knew Tecumseh who is still known as the indian Messiah. There is some humor in the book also. Tecumseh hatched an idea to make his brother Tenskwatawa the lead prophet at Prophetstown. Growing up with Tecumseh he knew just about what he would say anyway. Tecumseh would reveal the future to him so that he could give speeches and foretell things that would happen and they did.

Once while the brother was reiterating how he had been taken up to the clouds and would now be known as the open door. His sister Tecumapese looked at Tecumseh and said do you think our brother can pull this off? Tecumseh laughed and said oh yes just watch!

There are many humorous areas of the book. One of the indians who was friendly with the colonists would always bring messages back. Tecumseh once asked him upon his arrival, "and what message does the white beaver who eats land and trees bring?"

Although he died at the battle of Canada they still cannot locate his body as it remains hidden.

Dublinmick

nina said...

Pangolin, that would be the Temple Grandin plan. I see what you are saying and agree. Kindle, android, i-tech everything, etc.

Erin Parsley said...

hmm... the drag of doom, I'm feeling it just lately. Don't like to get pulled into that vortex, but it's hard to keep it at bay sometimes. Cannot pretend it's not there, so must just breathe and allow it to exist alongside the things I'd rather focus on....

like poetry...

My poem Water is Life was published in the Winter 2011 edition of the Journal of the Ozark Research Institute.

So I am now a published poet.... he he :)

nina said...

G'wan girl!
Please put up the link, we'll need to verify your claim. Just kidding. Please show off, everyone who visits will want to see the work.
Thank you Life.

nina said...

The ArchDruid Report is very good this week. Basically, what he's saying is A Can-do philosophy without the resources to back it up is a can't do.
Pepperspraying The Future

Looks like more and more people are finding themselves on the same page lately.

Susannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susannah said...

wrong link

about intentionality http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8877579108277386203

Anonymous said...

And then we come to the truth. This is from Charles H. Ham, 1880:

"Nothing stimulates and quickens the intellect more than the use of mechanical tools. The boy who begins to construct things is compelled at once to begin to think, deliberate, reason, and conclude. As he proceeds he is brought in contact with powerful natural forces. If he would control, direct, and apply these forces he must first master the laws by which they are governed; he must investigate the causes of the phenomena of matter, and it will be strange if from this he is not also led to a study of the phenomena of mind. At the very threshold of practical mechanics a thirst for wisdom is engendered, and the student is irresistibly impelled to investigate the mysteries of philosophy. Thus the training of the eye and hand reacts upon the brain, stimulating it to excursions into the realm of scientific discovery in search of facts to be applied in practical forms at the bench and the anvil."

The human being is constantly seeking the truth; the hand is constantly finding it.

Anonymous said...

Simplicity can be approached with too many false pretexts and preconditions. Winnowing away at superfluities in what is in one’s closet or kitchen or garage is undoubtedly useful. But disengagement from pleasures and habits and objects grown comfortable is the best way to begin building an ethical framework to what one does every day. What the Chinese sages called “cultivating your virtue” is all that we need to do, and the rest of what is right will grow within us.

Erin Parsley said...

Lovely picture Nina. A road I'd enjoy walking.

bholanath said...

I hadn't seen "Ticket Depot" or "128 Novembers". Wonderful. My "nina paintings" file is getting decent sized now.
>onelove<

nina said...

Mister Nath, you are too kind.

Anonymous said...

Back from MoBay and online.

No rain while I was away 5 weeks. Some survived. WI cherry thriving, seagrapes gone. Mulching before helped.

Leaves not snow on the footpaths.

Content and at home Sis.

More later.

turey.

Anonymous said...

Climbing Green-Cliff Mountain in Yung-chia

Taking a little food, a light walking-stick,
I wander up to my home in quiet mystery,

the path along streams winding far away
onto ridgetops, no end to this wonder at

slow waters silent in their frozen beauty
and bamboo glistening at heart with frost,

cascades scattering a confusion of spray
and broad forests crowding distant cliffs.

Thinking it's moonrise I see in the west
and sunset I'm watching blaze in the east,

I hike on until dark, then linger out night
sheltered away in deep expanses of shadow.

Immune to high importance: that's renown.
Walk humbly and it's all promise in beauty,

for in quiet mystery the way runs smooth,
ascending remote heights beyond compare.

Utter tranquillity, the distinction between
yes this and no that lost, I embrace primal

unity, thought and silence woven together,
that deep healing where we venture forth.

Pangolin said...

Blessings on this solstice.
Clear light today and cold.
No wind.
You can feel the sharp line as you step from sun to shadow.

Anticipation.

Anonymous said...

As King Harvest sang' Dancing in the Moonlight" and tonight I will. The gods of nature will be there too. Naked as jay bird I am hoping.

Scrap

Anonymous said...

Red sunrise and breezy day.

Sea moody.

Yard taking shape.

One Love, turey.

Charles Hugh Smith said...

Been a lurker recently, just wanted to say Happy Christmas in its non-commercial format to everyone here, and thank you for keeping this site going, Nina. The odds of positive change are improving--

Anonymous said...

Break the Mirror

In the morning
After taking cold shower
—–what a mistake—–
I look at the mirror.

There, a funny guy,
Grey hair, white beard, wrinkled skin,
—–what a pity—–
Poor, dirty, old man!
He is not me, absolutely not.

Land and life
Fishing in the ocean
Sleeping in the desert with stars
Building a shelter in the mountains

Farming the ancient way
Singing with coyotes
Singing against nuclear war–
I’ll never be tired of life.

Now I’m seventeen years old,
Very charming young man.
I sit down quietly in lotus position,
Meditating, meditating for nothing.
Suddenly a voice comes to me:

“To stay young,
To save the world,
Break the mirror.”

another poem this one from Nanao Sakaki

Scrap

Anonymous said...

“It comes again to the understanding of the subtle but critical difference of meaning between nature and wild. Nature, they say, is the subject of science. Nature can be deeply probed, as in microbiology. The wild is not to be made subject or object in this manner; to be approached it must be admitted from within, as a quality intrinsic to who we are. Nature is ultimately in no way endangered; wilderness is. The wild is indestructible, but we might not see the wild.” The Practice of the Wild, page 181.

“To know the spirit of a place is to realize that you are a part of a part and that the whole is made of parts, each of which is whole. You start with the part you are whole in.” The Practice of the Wild, page 38.

“The pressures of growing populations and the powers of entrenched (but fragile, confused, and essentially leaderless) economic systems warp the likelihood of any of us seeing clearly. Our perception of how entrenched they are may also be something of a delusion.” The Practice of the Wild, page 36.

Scrap

Anonymous said...

am back nina,and I have missed it here,,,,will be over with some poems,soon....

respects ....neil

Anonymous said...

A bit of it from: Gary Snyder in A Place in Space, relates more about, “The way to see with language, to be free with it and to find it a vehicle of self-transcending insight, is to know both mind and language extremely well and to play with their many possibilities without any special attachment. In doing this, a language yields up surprises and angles that amaze us and that can lead back to unmediated, direct experience.” He went on to say, “But, creativity is not a unique, singular, godlike act of ‘making something.’ It is born of being deeply immersed in what is – and then seeing the overlooked connections, tensions, resonances, shadows, reversals, retellings. What comes forth is new.” Thought I would share more about language and wildness. Hope I am not gang-stering the space here, Nina.

Love to you, my friend

chickory said...

Merry Christmas friend. And, to every one here i send you sincere greetings of friendship and best wishes for the new year.

Terrance said...

Looking forward to your poems Neil!....here is a poem from Celia Thaxter.

Love Shall Save Us All

O Pilgrim, comes the night so fast?
Let not the dark thy heart appall,
Though loom the shadows vague and
vast,
For love shall save us all.

There is no hope but this to see
Through tears that gather fast, and
fall;
Too great to perish love must be,
And love shall save us all.

Have patience with our loss and
pain,
Our troubled space of days so
small;
We shall not reach our arms in vain,
For love shall save us all.

O pilgrim, but a moment wait,
And we shall hear our darlings
call
Beyound death's mute and awful gate,
And love shall save us all!

Anonymous said...

lighted fire
yearning touch
darting river
reaching up
a sense of value
beautys kiss
the sky above
a loving lift
waving patterns
sun and moon
plumes of starlight
heart consumed
motion circles
a rush of air
a grace of union
love does care

..peace..

have a poem nina...
sorry for being gone for so long....

Anonymous said...

have a smile nina :)

Terrance said...

Hello Nina...if you haven't seen it, you got to check this movie out....thrivemovement.com....Happy New Year!

Everybody needs to thrive!

nina said...

new post up: as we go on