"... According to Washington Post writer Juliet Eilperin (on May 20) in her article titled, "EPA demands less-toxic dispersant:"and more:
An unnamed administration official said "Dispersants have never been used in this volume before," let alone ones as toxic as Nalco's Corexit 9500A and 9527A.
Nalco is well-connected, having formed a joint venture with Exxon Chemical in 1994, has oil-industry insiders on its board, including an 11-year BP board member. No wonder Defenders of Wildlife's senior policy advisor, Richard Charter, calls Corexit "a chemical that the oil industry makes to sell to itself, basically." ...
"...No doubt to prevent his congressional testimony, MMS associate director of Offshore Energy and Minerals Management, Chris Oynes, will take an accelerated retirement May 31. He got his position despite being key to an offshore leasing foul-up, costing taxpayers an estimated $10 billion in lost revenue - the Interior Department's inspector general calling his mismanagement "a jaw-dropping example of bureaucratic bungling." ..."And still more:
"...For a company with the worst safety and environmental record in the industry "here we go again. Valdez goes Cajun" with contagion enough to contaminate vast parts of the Gulf, Florida Keys, fragile ecosystems, and the entire US East coast and beyond. ..."And still there is more at the link. The criminal implications and cozy relationships are detailed with more coming out every day/several times a day. Get ready East Africa, the loop flows in your direction after decimating the Southern and Atlantic coasts of North America. As Lendeman reminds us, "regular large and smaller spills are assured". I have no doubt he is right. To date, nothing has shown itself to stand in the way of this eventuality. Even if the wellhead and leaks were sealed today, the damage is already done. Dead is dead, it can't be brought back no matter how many tears are shed. Once the floodgates are open, its all over. For this event, there is no bailout, no relief, no turning back the clock. Wherever they go from here, it is already too little, too late. Its almost as if the Creator took all marine life, eco-vegetation and cellular structures of the sea (birthplace of life itself) saying "Come to me for refuge, you need not be here any longer to suffer what is coming."
People will always find something to do, even when it appears there is nothing, no jobs, no means, but think for a moment what it IS (vs. "will be" or "might be") for the oil soaked Sperm Whale, already endangered to the extreme, tar-glued and gasping for oxygen when there is none.
Never have we witnessed such outrageous, total and complete psychopathic lack of respect for life. We have not heard one single apology, one single oath to make it right or prevent this genocide from ever happening again from those responsible of which there are too many to name. Even a white collar prison will only make them more determined to continue the slaughter of our once perfect planet. No financial penalty is enough. They will walk away as always to continue their Satanic missions watered down into BAU (business as usual) wrist slaps by whatever grand commission whitewashes genocide under the guise of the Official Word on such subjects for whatever history remains for this Earth. ...
Our title for this entry is a Lendeman line coupled with a reference to the newly revised textbooks for Texan public schools where "Slavery" was deliberately excluded and now, to be known forever after as the "Atlantic Triangular Trade".
"...changes include sidelining Thomas Jefferson, who favoured separation of church and state, while introducing a new focus on the "significant contributions" of pro-slavery Confederate leaders during the civil war.
The new curriculum asserts that "the right to keep and bear arms" is an important element of a democratic society. Study of Sir Isaac Newton is dropped in favour of examining scientific advances through military technology.
There is also a suggestion that the anti-communist witch-hunt by Senator Joseph McCarthy in the 1950s may have been justified.
The education board has dropped references to the slave trade in favour of calling it the more innocuous "Atlantic triangular trade", and recasts the Israeli-Palestinian conflict as driven by Islamic fundamentalism. ..."
PS: Before I sign off, Steve Clemons has a remarkable entry on his blog today also: What Will the World Look Like in 100 Years? Do check out the comments and visit Pissed Off American's links. I was unable to open this one: http://energycommerce.house.gov/Press_111/20100512/TRO-Deepwater.Horizon.BOP.Assurance.Analysis.March.2001.pdf, but it shows up on another computer here. It appears to have been given a strange "half-scrub" job. A must read, that is if you can open it.
52 comments:
The biological, ethical, and economic evil blackness spewing and spreading forth from the Gulf of Mexico has been on my mind, weighing me down, even as I went through an enlightening and even educational drama at work this past week. I will fill in the details on my blog later this weekend, but a synopsis is in order. It seems to somehow go along with the far far greater evil in the oceans (my drama is only personal, and I'm very much alive although temporarily poisoned).
The CFO of our company really started to escalate his harassment of me this past week. He found out about my anti-war views, and must have read some of my recent posts on a well-known social networking site. The CFO, from the reactionary state of South Dakota, stays with my emotionally disabled boss when he is in town. My boss's brother recently died of an overdose of some kind, and for some reason on that day asked to be my social-networking "friend." When I finally decided to accept his "friendship," I remember thinking that this will be an interesting experiment...
Anyway, my car's radiator hose blew on the way to work on Wednesday. The CFO intruded into my space and consciousness, and insisted, in his bloviating, hectoring and preachy manner, that my hose blew because of my bad karma. Yes, I am suffering from bad karma because of my extreme anti-war views.
He then tried to lecture me about the meaning of "true courage" (anti-anti-war view? Or accusing me of cowardice?), until I told him to shut up and leave me alone.
He seemed shocked, since I had until then used the tactic of ignoring him.
However, he recovered and started to harass me again about other things: (e.g., "You mean you are taking LUNCH BREAK even though you CAME IN LATE TODAY? You sure have GOOD JOB.." Etc.
So I reported him to a higher up I trust. And he's going to get an intervention on Monday. The higher up seemed to be very supportive and on my side, and seemed quite perplexed at this sociopath's behavior.
The sociopath will not take kindly to being exposed. However, if he tries to retaliate, he will face termination. What will he do? Let's do the experiment!
I should point out that he routinely makes fun of me for "being green..." He also enjoys shooting and killing animals for sport. I recently have gone into this as a survival strategy, but I am still alienated by those who enjoy the killing.
I am really off topic apropos Nina's post. Let me tie it back: the ruling elite of this country are, like the CFO, sociopaths, and will evade all responsibility for their behavior. If they can get away with it, they will take revenge against anyone who dares to oppose them. And they seem to be drawn to "financial" success. CFO: Chief Financial Orgasm - it's all they love.
Thanks, Publius, I know you are having a tought time there. I was adding a P.S. last word while you wrote this. Maybe you can open the .pdf? Its worse than we thought possible.
Sociopath might be an understatement.
I am reminded of freeacre's thoughts about what other species have to teach us, it may be we are not to know just as was done with the textbook revisions.
They are at war with God it appears.
I have been working this afternoon on my hydroponic gardening projects, though.. and listening to old records... country & western... Mary McCaslin, Prairie in the Sky. I really would have preferred such old-fashioned dramas as are depicted in those songs. Love, jealousy, murder... holding up banks for a bit of money. The criminals of yore would be considered saints today.
Wife is in N.Y., enjoying the sophistication of the big city. I think we both benefit from the awayness...
If there really is an "oil blob" down there (reminds me of the first movie that scared me out of my mind as a child, "The Blob," then things are going to go downhill fast... in unknown ways. Killing a significant percentage of the ocean will end up killing a significant percentage of the human population, though it may take a year or two.
Oh, you are right about that, Publius. Have you read the Globalization of Addiction? What these things are saying without saying the words exactly as I will, is our world and its white mans' pyramid control system have abjectly failed to improve on that which needed no improvement. And in its colossal failure, has created hell on Earth through a massive, globe-wide coerced ignorance of respect for life. Nothing is honored or felt to be honorable unless it's literally making a killing. I plan to write more on this soon because it appears there would not even be such a side effect as Depression (thus no antidepressants, alcohol abuse, domestic and homegrown violence or suicide) among humans without the irreversible eco-damage and social inversions wrought from these so "honorable" and lawful systems which include doing anything to preserve the illusion of progress. Real progress is extinguishing the desire to control, discussed in my post on Cruelty and Power from the Grave:
...Horrific decisions are made inside the bubble affecting millions worldwide, but you can only look on, mostly dumbfounded as to how such a thing is taking place. Every now and then it looks as if its going to burst, but it remains and - its growing exactly as the oil slick is spreading through the Gulf into the bayous and inlets and mangroves and the multitude of wildlife reserves (reservations). ...
Real progress would be Earth's populations living without fear of predation, catastrophe or imminent upheaval. As I write this, major soul-theft rages on, snarling and salivating.
The blowout was a result of negligence and carelessness which is the same as willful malfeasance. In other words, everyone knew what they were doing all down the chain of command, but they believed they were immune from consequence and thus it did not matter. No one cared. And they still don't.
Got it and filed it Nina.
The Great Born Again Taino met his match, some tiny, fast mosquitos that rise welts and scratch infection. I forgot the process of 'seasoning'. Most got yellow fever etc and faded quickly. Been looking at 18th and early 19th C gravestones. Touching losses of children and partners.
Now we have the Predators of Capital and Power.
I'll let y'all know if tarballs reach us.
Bob M was right about chasing those crazy baldheads out of town.
Good Publius.
Later, turey.
Thanks Spar, maybe you will see a burst in population, sea animals seeking oxygen exiting the loop.
And btw, its a snow day here. Everything we've heard about climate chaos is coming forth while we debate its reality.
I always thought Bob Marley was the 2nd coming. One foot in the 20th century, the other with Jah. Praises most high.
Please explain the process of "seasoning". Thanks in advance turey.
Nina,
Just saying: I've appreciated your words and thoughts and feeling/wisdom for a long time now, here and over on Vis'.
Two lines that sum it up, kick my ass, pierce my heart, and make my blood boil:
"Come to me for refuge, you need not be here any longer to suffer what is coming."
and
"They are at war with God it appears."
Still, thanks and praises, to the Most High, and to you.
As Ras Bob said way back - "can't stop them now..."
I'm sure you know about the carrier group being sent to the [other] Gulf...
Quoting George Ure from Friday:
"Is WW 3 the ultimate distraction from murdering oceans?"
It all just takes your breath away and leaves one speechless.
respects,
bholanath
Surviving the fevers, parasites, rum, cruelty, bad diet, easy sex and Obeah, you are seasoned.
The British introduced clean water, sanitation etc. It's not as dramatic now.
I was away long enough to warrant a short reseasoning.
So much irony expressed in something as simple as a name. Someone thought themselves most clever when naming "Corexit". "Corrects it", get it?
Equally viable is "Corporation Wrecks It", and it is not lost, even when it all, really is at this point.
Lost. Not like it was ours to begin with.
So many blessings, so many direct examples and opportunities. Just stay aware, it is upon us and as the Borg would say, "resistance is futile". I'm OK with that, but the satisfaction will be in the thing not lost. For me at least. WTF am I on about? I no longer know to be honest.
Still observing the reactive with detached humor. I wanted to offer certain "services" to my friend Publius. It has been a long time since I indulged my sword-toting component. It would have been fun to "enlighten" those that would view my friend as someone who is weak, or somehow less-than (whatever is being held up as "right") in a manner that would demonstrate in real-time what strength engendered by a loss of any fear for self looks like when confronting cowardice in the flesh, but that time has passed. Poor, fearful child. It must be tough to have your entire worldview challenged in an environment where you think you are in some sort of control.
Still, can we just do a black sedan run or something? I kid. Sort of.
Love to All.
Z
Over a month has passed while the monsters' vampire fangs suck from the open artery of our beleaguered Mother. At last the investigative bipartisan unaffiliated commission co-chairs are announced, but its too late, the booms failed, the Pelicans' nests are awash in oil. So much for "protected". The silly siphon has wound down to trickles. Anyone with an IQ at all knows golf balls are some kind of inside joke. How is a cement shot going to harden a mile deep in water? As I said already, the barn door is open.
The nukes of 1945 are not the same as the nukes of 2010. When they hint at "small" nukes to halt the hemorrhaging, what're they talking, Hiroshima? Amazing, compound already Apocalyptic catastrophe with more. ""Is WW 3 the ultimate distraction from murdering oceans?" Very well could be, bholanath, and where better to point attention, away from the worst example of dillydallying, quivering, PR crisis management blame pointing, hand wringing, ass-covering in all recorded history, arrow straight into tormenting those who refuse conversion.
Meanwhile, now that SCOTUS allows corporations personhood to contribute to campaign funds, funds that could have been more WISELY spent will go ... guess where.
bholanath, its about time you came forward. I didn't know you visited here, thanks.
Z, you are a thinking man! I'd envisioned corexit as exiting the core of the Earth after surgically jamming a dagger into her heart. Corexit would be to get out fast and get as far out of the way as possible. It reminds me of that Pulp Fiction OD fix, perhaps that is where they got the idea since they keep referring to various "shots".
----------------------------------
I see you have earned the art of restraint. A tidy side benefit of suffering, yes?
Bobby has balls. Note how its reported he is taking a defiant stance. As if protecting your heartland's people, species and geography while DC and BP do nothing is "defiant".
Our babysitters are simply in the way, its long past time for the Creole to serve Livity. Praises, Respect.
Quick note that may or may not be interesting:
I've determined that with sociopaths, "turning the other cheek" does not work. Trying to be empathic and understanding: does not work. As long as the subject of abuse does not comply with the wishes of the sociopath, the victim must be pursued, to the end.
Just saw Avatar, and like Les, I loved it. Much applies to our current state, world-wise and personality. Sometimes, you gotta stand up, and when you do, animal instincts (which are much maligned) take over. But we are animals, with overly developed illusions of supremacy.
its been a while now
seems nothings getting done
well with bp in charge
we sort of expected this outcome
a mix of liars and fools
cheats who complicate
I suppose the abomination
is in the mind behind the face
and where its based
in that place that does not care
divided mind's
living greed and in despair
in the air
trying to take down the earth
insanity,hatred,wickedness at work
and we the people
remain unaligned
unable to act
insain laws have confined
ourselves to non action
whilst our earth is overun
a waste land
that is run by the gun
so living ones
lets rise onto our feet
in the four directions
open up our peace
and face this beast
for the sake of our future
the next generation
take down the intruder.
..peace..
BP and it's cousins provide the hydrocarbon base for the easier life. It's that or learn solar etc and working with the green world. Or, sweat and footpower.
Nuclear? Really!
Every turn I take shows me the fruits of mined hydrocarbon chemistry. My solar cells were made by machines run by the juice from BP and cousins, my means of transport......
Peal oil is soon here if not on us. If no drill baby then?
Time for new patterns for sure. Not many interested in living these.
Kingston tense now, politics and the love of power and $ by any means hits the fan.
Usually unrest lasts as long as bellies are full. This time?
I'm seasoning well. The little biters are laying off and I'm dropping weight.
Bob was a humble youth. Only he knew the Muses/Power that flowed through him. I was closer to Peter. Remember too that I am getting unstuck from the ways of the upper classes. More English than the queen.
As in "Who is that Rasta boy Marley?". I gave my girlfriend at the time the first off the record presses of 'Catch a Fire'. I told her these Rastas will shake up things. Her third husband took it. It was autographed by all of them.
More Tales from the Crypt later.
turey.
Publius, perhaps the only "solution" is to remove the sociopaths from power. The Grand Irony is that only sociopaths want power....
Thanks Nina for the link to globalization of addiction. It furthered my thoughts on monoculture and monopoly.
BTW latest estimates say 70,000 barrels day, not 5,000.... the Gulf oil outrage has vanished from the MSM ENTIRELY, so-called "liberal" media included. Not ONE WORD about it in the entire S.F. Chronicle...
Edging up on 3 million gallons per day there, Charles. Much more in line with the 2 and a half million gallons I was coming up with every time by various reports from the "Alternatives" during the first weeks of spew. Obviously, the push is on to forget about it and not just with the Chronicle. Nothing in the LA Times either. Even the Times Picayune has a vanishing act going on, articles of interest are pushed into back sections. It was shocking over the weekend to see that silly MSM 5,000 figure was adjusted to a mere 6,000. Its just like the textbook revisions, water down your own reality if it hurts too much, which goes hand in hand with "recovery" and no cameras on our troops' coffins, etc.
I've determined that with sociopaths, "turning the other cheek" does not work. Trying to be empathic and understanding: does not work. Correctomundo. It enlivens them, activates the engagement center. The most clever ones can easily convince their superiors your presence is a disturbance to others. Can you imagine a life so empty the sociopath seeks conflict for intellectual stimulation?
..neil.., artist to artist, you are really taking off now. I see references to William Butler Yeats and T.S. Eliot there. I encourage you completely. I've been trying to conceive how I might paint cataclysm, but all I can see are heaps of dying Pelicans. I bow to one who can find words and arrange them so artfully and with genuine sensitivity.
More disturbing info. I don't necessarily dismiss this stuff - as in "wouldn't put it past them".
Personally, I've no intention of leaving my 7000 ft. high Sangres hood.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5WISUquers&feature=related
-respects
ps - I've been seeing "3.4 - 4" million gallons/day for a while. Times 34 days = 120 million gals so far. Yer startin to talk real pollution here...
Rasta, thanks for straightening out my memory, I couldn't remember which changed civilization first, Catch a Fire or Natty Dread - only that it was the dawn of a new day for oppressed people everywhere.
We were all Heathcliffs standing at the window of Wuthering Heights begging for Catherine to come back, one more time and then the angel took us and nothing was ever the same.
Thankfully your seasoning kicked in. Just in time, I'd been worried because you actually posted your affliction which means it was awful. Secret: B vitamins in your body are key to avoiding mosquito attacks.
When you get a minute, please fill us in on what happened in the ghetto this weekend that shook the media.
bholanath, sorry, I just blew my comment to you with a broken link. I don't get vids, but please tell me what you came across. I did not believe it could get worse than it already is.
Your blog is beautiful and I am more than ever glad you spoke up.
Let's start to change the semantics and context of the term "eco-terrorist" to reflect the true nature of ecoterror: the calculated butchery of the biosphere by corporate monsters to further ends that are not worthy of human beings and spirits even if the consequences were not so nihilistic and destructive.
Currently, those who use extra-legal means to oppose the ecocide are labelled "ecoterrorists." Clever.
The only friends I have who get it (like Zoner - and thanks, Z, for the protective sentiment - all under control for now!) are the outliers, artists, eccentrics, and freaks (redundant terms?) I'm lucky to have a group of these, though my work and family milieu is, of course, rather... still in the hologram. It's not, "I want to assure that my family will have sturdy, warm shelter and adequate nutrition and self-sufficient food security, and a connection with human community," but:
I want a nice house with a big yard in a nice neighborhood, and want my child to attend the Uptown Waldorf school, and I need my microdermabrasion treatments (because a woman needs to feel good about herself). Let's not forget the immense pride that home so-called ownership brings! As a renter, I've felt the sense of being excluded from the community... everyone drinking beer and saying, "so when did you buy... " I didn't buy. I rent. End of conversation.
Now it's being suggested that I try anti-depressants... yeah, that's do the trick. I will be able to ignore reality, and join the hologram, and not be considered a jarring presence.
Charles: I hope that a Great Awakening can happen, but the PTB have really developed the technology of social control in the last few decades, along with stun guns, sonic weapons, drones, etc.
But even that will fail them when not just the oil-energy, but the human energy (belief) runs out. When the boil gets lanced, the puss will fly, spreading many febrile symptoms in a dying system. But that will be necessary for the rebirth.
Nina -
Thank you.
Sorry you can't do vids, I just finally got off of dinosaur dialup myself.
The vid is a clip from last year's "Knowings" film. It begins with Nicholas Cage watching the news report on an explosion on a rig in the Gulf, with various subtle symbolisms.
This is just like another teevee series that showed the 911 scenario before 2001. I don't for a minute think these are coinkidinks. We always underestimate the depth of psychopathic evil and the grand plan, whatever the hell it is. Is this part of that James Watt crap about "when the last tree falls, jeeezus will come back"? Maybe that's just the distractive story for the low-level brain-dead, with something much more sinister behind it all. Exodus to Mars? I know nothing, but there's apparently a Gaiacidal agenda going down.
Didn't Bob say something about "dey got to fulfill da book"? Think I'm gonna puke...
respects,
bholanath
Very interesting bholanath. I left a comment on Petri that no one paid attention to because "We always underestimate the depth of psychopathic evil and the grand plan...". The way it appeared to me a few weeks back was someone unidentifiable did a massive series of bets against Proctor & Gamble stock for no immediately discernible reason, but it did indeed bring the market to its knees. (You recall the wild market activity before the towers were destroyed and still, to this day, no one goes there.)
P&G makes dish liquid among other things - dish liquid is the only detergent that makes suds in saltwater. In fact, they recently donated caseloads to the volunteers attempting to clean oil off the surviving wildlife which happens to be going badly since humans spooked them and the effort is stalled.
Whomever brought down P&G essentially attempted to cripple the clean up effort. Of course, I could be completely wrong, I would like very much to be wrong. May 6 Stock Crash Revisited
Giaicide. Redemption Song.
----------------------------------
Now you see Publius, among all the other reasons, and you are the only one allowed to decide what you put into your body, that the suggestion you take mood drugs to conform is blasphemous, is that you will find no fault with a placid assignment of your fate to counterserve at the Zombie Food Court between stays at psychiatric centers, expenses minimally covered by your employment bennies. Besides, those meds have a neat way of taking out differences of opinion if you live long enough to notice it. Anyone who suggests you take antidepressants is showing you they are borderline illiterate and unable to express themselves without resorting to attacking your credibility.
Publius, the Great Awakening is basically a union of individual awareness of spiritual responsibility and political consciousness arising in people who had neither before. Stun guns are useless against people who opt out of the status quo. They will make good theatre for those still watching the Boob Tube (the "resistance" will be televised, but it won't be the "real" resistance--it will be a simulacrum designed for media consumption and the demonization of those resisting the status quo.)
Been there, done that. Feels like 1968 just before all heck broke loose.... once the masses lose faith in the Elites'representation of "reality," the game has changed.
One thing I constantly note is how spiritually vacuous America is--people resist the idea that change has an internal component--they all want an external "techno-fix" which enables them to continue "middle class" consumption.
All that will change and I remain hopeful.
That was truly excellent Charles, thank you.
I am late to the party, wanted to say hi, still reading all. I am too sad to add a positive take to anything. Why they don't treat this with the energy given to starting wars or developing bombs is beyond my abilities to understand. This is an extinction event period.
I could write all kinds of gotcha crap about ineptitude but all I care about is stopping this. If you live there and could use an old man's help, I own a backhoe. I realize they are probably fine without me but I will go.
Hi Burnie, thanks for adding your voice. I feel just the same. I want to go, too, but no backhoe. I feel I would just be in the way weeping, although hanky carrier wouldn't be a such a bad job.
I would think a backhoe and skilled operator would be a blessing since they are putting up berms. Please put in a call to Gov. Bobby Jindal's people and add your specifics. Why not? Emergency.Louisiana.gov
They need plenty of help:
Wildlife – to report and access care for impacted, i.e., oiled, wildlife: 866.557.1401
Volunteers - to request volunteer information: 866.448.5816
Services – to register as consultant, contractor, vendor, or submit information on alternative response technology, services, products or suggestions: 281.366-5511
Burnie, they are not "fine" without you. People in general are tired of catastrophe and response is growing weaker as the media and the decision makers would love it all to just go away. Is this why you are "late to the party", you've been going back and forth on it, right? Now that the oil has reached into the marshes, this is your moment of opportunity. How can I help you?
Sociopaths ? Hah—that's a good one! aargh—how shall I explain ? Well, On the one hand every single human sapien by virtue of delusion is a sociopath. I speak primarily of course of ‘modern’ civilized sapien, although I fail to see anything civil about its affects. The truth is we're the same barbarous 'noid we've always been. Just because you push a pen, or brush or whatever, as opposed to say a T34 (Russian tank) doesn't make you more righteous.
[Pause] aargh—c'mon baz ... really ? Get off the grass—hahaha Yeah really—think about it—I have, and this is my conclusion:
The heart of Westerner's lives (blood) is the source of war and conflict everywhere, no-matter how you cut the denominational cloth — whether Anglican, Yoga, Spiritualist ... it's all catholic anyway. Someone ; somewhere MUST DIE ... for your pretty little words, that you might live ... to repeat the pretty little lives you have tomorrow. It's the dominant culture — and always at the expense of ... a wiser one, which (sic) must die.
Otherwise there's no need for soldiers to do the dirty work which ‘needs’ to be done so y'all can possess your stupid writing machines, and your stupid horseless carriages, and make small talk, which means what ? — aargh, I better go—at least I learned how to spell ma'am correctly. The way I wuz spelling it rymned with damn! End transmission.
haha—I've altered this quote slightly, see if you can guess where ? ;
“Do not go where the sociopath may lead, go instead where there is no sociopath and leave a trail.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot understand these people because we do not want to be like them. As the great Chuang Tzu wrote in about 260BC
When he tries to extend his power over objects,
those objects gain control of him.
He who is controlled by objects loses possession of his inner self...
Prisoners in the world of object,
they have no choice but to submit to the demands of matter!
They are pressed down and crushed by external forces:
fashion, the market, events, public opinion.
Never in a whole lifetime do they recover their right mind!...
What a pity!
We have recovered our right minds so we must lead by example.
Scrap Wood
Weather bizarre up here: 96 degrees in Minnesota in May yesterday? Not thought possible. Is the oil on the Gulf changing weather patterns? It could reduce surface tension and put more water vapor in the air... who knows the effects.
My interest and passion for hydroponics was labelled as a "fear based" hobby by my wife... at least she is not going to push the anti-depressants. She thinks that exercise, better diet, meditation, etc. will be good enough. Along with a new attitude. We'll see. I recognize that she has some wisdom - I have been trying to approach the Collapse of our awful system with a more spirit-centered and meditative approach, but part of that includes so-called "fear based" hobbies like hydroponics and learning skills.
I even hope to sell some of the produce to local restaurants.
Charles: I gotcha on the Great Awakening. One of my challenges is to focus on that inner transformation, and not worry and rail so much against the institutions, people, and idiocy that is bringing it on. It is hard, though, when I am confronted by awful tragedies like the oil volcano, or the knowledge that the future is sure to be much different in ways that my complacent family and friends will not like.
I know longer need to feel vindicated or prove my wisdom, though... I have no need of warning or convincing anyone who is not already there by their own ability to think.
It's almost like a stillness before the storm, although I'm not quite still as I could be yet.
I called Louisiana, and am on a list of volunteers. In reality, it will be difficult for me to just leave here and go there, but if I can do anything there must be a way to figure this out. My contact was affiliated with BP but that doesn't matter, what matters is trying to stop this. I/we can do any number of things to help I would think, even providing music, making sandwiches, washing clothes, coordinating et al.
Is there anyone who comments here from the area?
My grandmother grew up in New Orleans. I think that we as citizens have to reassert our rights as citizens and put ourselves in position to take things over from those who have only the viewpoint of bottom lines.
This is a we problem not a you and them, as in divisive, problem. Anyway that is how lies right this minute. As always it is nice to know I am not an aberration(alone, the lone stranger, iconoclastic bundle of imaginary neurosis..laugh, I am joking my way out of insanity
For those that follow Clif High, his new SOTC is available for download.
It is not a walk in the park. All of you are ahead of the curve, by that I mean our eyes are open, our minds receptive, so you can see some of it coming, it aint rocket science. Not one of us can do much, but our collective minds are powerful, we sell our power like it was a commodity at deep discount at the Walmart in your hometown..we need to stop that. All the best to you Nina, Publius, Zoner and all.
Burnie, you sure have a clear head today. Do you have a link for Cliff High's new SOTC?
I seem to remember there was a problem getting to his earlier work.
If you can go to NOLA, surely it would be a highlight of your life, perhaps even the reason you were put here at all, and if you can't, I definitely understand. Its okay to go to a new place, nothing to fear, reserve a motel room and within a day you won't need it, if that long. Those people must be some of the most resilient humans on the planet, I think you'd fit right in. More than that, you have the desire to help and an open mind/heart which is the best luggage anyone can possess.
I don't have any contacts in the area. Not a one. But the volunteer groups will get you set right up. A backhoe man is king. I've been in disasters, I know.
Isn't is digusting, I understand Saudi Arabia offered an experienced fleet of tankers to remove the oil, even Iran offered,
and they were turned away!!! Whatever community was organized by our community organizer must be worse than shambles today.
The lesson we have to get here is when something must be done and done fast, the babysitters are off duty. This is disastrous for the future of a country and now a world, grown dependent on plantation overseers. Remember the bickering at the airport in Haiti held up distribution of relief supplies while people still could have been found alive in rubble? Its always like this. Can we name one instance where they have actually jumped into any crisis right away and saved lives? I draw a blank. Why vote. We're not even shareholders and yet, the burden is on us to heal the messes made by enterprise. But that's okay, they have no business there, Darth Vaders and Xe (formerly Blackwater) in tow, anyway.
96F in Minn., 32F in Spokane, solar flare coming; 60 dead in Kingston; ? dead in Bangkok, daily headless bodies in Juarez and Piedras Negras;
massing troops in Koreas, massing troops in Afghan, IDF exercises, the Oil Blob, 'foolish' posters, Phillippe Cousteau saying he'd never seen anything so horrible.... wheeeee, entering the surrealistic summer of all times!('malplaced' question mark unneeded!)
WV: catie
Meow
Nina,
Here is the link
http://www.halfpasthuman.com/
It is right there as you look at the page. I didn't know about those tankers I have not heard anything about it, but is it not sad. The whole world needs to be involved with this. True strength would not be threatened by such offers. It is very easy for me to be mad..I wrestle with demons quite a bit. I have issues to deal with like all, and they cloud my judgment and then I self destruct.
This thing that is happening in the Gulf at first made me mad, now I am infected with whatever is killing everything, in harmony with the sea. Easier to say as it dies so do I/we, and we are left incomplete. Beauty demonized as irrelevant in the absurd quest for riches when the riches could be had by mere observation. So which riches be irrelevant (word combination's make me laugh).
In the real world we will see how it shakes out for me, I have quite a few things to do if I decide to head south...But let us see if there is a way to help regardless. After you read the Latest issue of SOTC you will understand.
Catie Meow:
Picture of snow atop my homepage taken Sunday morning, 5.23.2010? And 1,200 US troops approved today for Mexico? And uh, Ms. Lohan's wearing a drinker's anklet? Looks pretty weird to me, literally and figuratively.
end transmission ...
Business as usual except for a few small communities in Kingston and neighbouring St Catherine.
A local community leader is wanted by the US, his extradition was dragging out and when the order for his arrest issued, his community barricaded itself and fired on police and later soldiers.
Tivoli Gardens and others are under house to house military search with about 30 killed so far. The residents have been in lock down for 3 days. The evolved patronage by sometimes ruthless individuals is now being confronted.
Orders are out for 'Dons' from other areas to turn themselves in.
There is a feeling of no turning back. We are a capable and talented lot who need encouragement and freedom from manipulators.
Yea Nina, those critters were injecting all sorts of stuff into me. More than mosquitos too. I also had a contact dermatitis. Which plant, detergent etc? Thanks for the Vit B.
Later, turey.
We are all but recent leaves on the same old tree of life
and if this life has adapted itself to new functions and conditions,
it uses the same old basic principles over and over again.
There is no real difference between the grass and the man who mows it.
Albert Szent-Gyƶrgyi
being angry and provocative
A further analysis and discussion with my wife (these are usually one sided affairs when I learn what I am doing wrong to "push her to the edge", etc.) has led to the knowledge that my anger is a problem, and my tendency to be "provocative."
So it is OK to be concerned about the Gulf oil disaster, or to criticize BP, but it is not OK to get angry and vent and say "BP is evil, and should be nationalized and destroyed..."
That gets people worked and and is provocative, you see.
So it's OK for entities such as the government and BP to do provocative things like destroy entire ecosystems, but it is not OK for me to get angry, because that just provokes people and gets them anxious.
It's not nice of me to make people anxious.
I can understand her desire to tame my emotions and outbursts. I really can - it must be quite annoying. I can even understand the spiritual philosophy behind avoiding strong emotion. The Greek stoics and epicureans agreed, and the Buddhists, and even Jesus Christ to some extent, although he got angry once in a while, too...
But is this the only valid advanced spiritual perspective? I know that Les Visible, and a link Nina put on this page up above, speak to this issue.
I guess I am not wise or confident enough yet to know the best path for me... I just cannot stop expressing my concern and anger at things going on, but in the interests of family functionality, I may simply have to use a different mode. Humor? Irony? Allusion? Myth? Action versus reaction?
My goal, of course, is to strengthen myself and my family for the rebalancing act that has been started by Nature and other beings way bigger than us.
I may have to address the bigger spiritual questions, which is something I guess I've been loathe to do... I want to focus on my technopeasant gizmos and gadgets and plans and inventions.
Ah well... at least we're in it together and can give each other ideas.
Publius,
What you are describing is familiar to me, and I've been dealing with same in the recent past. ('Cast Lead' was one)
I don't want to sound patronizing or anything, just sympathetic.
Our own individual cycles take us through varying levels of pressure. We all have our limits and need to have space to metabolize the overload we're undergoing. The emotional pressure is accelerating exponentially and will continue. Our female comrades are especially sensitive because of their nature and the fact that the Earth and Nature are under siege.
They also have experience of levels of abuse that we may not have had.
In this regard I have found I have to be aware that others may not be trying to avoid awareness but need 'smaller doses' of what can trigger past trauma response. I have to both hold some awarenesses in myself, and also find activities to release my rage and emotional suffering away from others. We do need to support each other in our processes of dealing with what the human race maybe has never faced before, or is deep in our cellular memory. We can journey through this transition, but it requires great empathy and compassion.
All our personal changes and challenges will also pass, and become whatever follows, and hopefully we become stronger and remember the truth of ourselves and our allies, and increase our solidarity with the other 'true human beings'.
respects,
bholanath
nina you have given me to much praise again but its ok I quite like it.
and thankyou people for all your thought inspiring comments,its good to hear like minded fellows
ninas page is a sort of little cupboard in mother natures hide away or something.
peace love and inspirational thoughts to all...neil
Publius, I am concerned for ya. My wife takes my rants with a grain of salt, heard too many I reckon, she suggests I would be perfect for that park in London where various and sundry nutters spout off--(where it's OK to declare yourself the Messiah, it seems--anything goes). This makes me smile...
My friends and family are either in denial or "concerned" but nobody does anything, even as simple as storing 10 gallons of water (I have 60 but I kinda stopped counting).
There is a guy in Hawaii, the boyfriend of a friend, who feels the loss of Hawaii so deeply that his blog is painful to read. Even I reach my limit quickly on this level of pain.... we have to maintain our own mental health and that requires IMO a strict limit on news/negative input. You seem to be getting a raftload of garbage at work which would strain Lao Tzu and Buddha.... Lao Tsu might well throw some chi around in your situation.. just a way of saying we all have our limits for negative emotions and crap dumped on us.
Not to offer "advice" (whatever that is) but I strictly limit my access to the web and all media like it was junk food. Just a thought--from a "nutter" on his little plywood podium....
WV--prolyt as it "prolyterian"...
Quick update for ya'all, bein' my friends and all:
1. Work situation cleared up. The guy got an intervention from a number of higher ups, and he "apologized," "it was all in good fun, etc."
Bullshit... the jokes had ratcheted up to include what could be termed sexual harassment, if I were a woman. Leave it at that.
Strange observation: once he was confronted, he suddenly just wants to be my buddy, even suggested we have a beer together, etc. He just wants to be loved, like any sociopath!
Charles: great suggestion. Strict media diet. The problem for me is that I'm trapped in a cubicle job, and my only escape is through VR/Web. But I will start to just take breaks and get outside. I biked to work twice this week, and that helped immensely. The physical exercise of eleven miles one way is extraordinarily good for the body/mind/spirit.
Finally, I am making a concerted effort to find new employment, especially in education. I would like to use my master's, earned through the fires of hell, to some good end. I prefer, in general, young people and their openness, anyway (except for the eccentric mature folks I know who don't lose that - it's not something you HAVE to lose).
Be well. Say a prayer for the life in the Gulf. We were just supposed to be stewards and caretakers, not destroyers...
Mr Charles Hugh Smith,
Your advice is well taken, every time I start going to the mainstream blogs and read the crap I go crazy with anger and frustration...Thank You. My center is my life preserver, yet I leave it on the boat that floats away and get lost, it is truly a bitch to maintain equanimity these days.
Publius..the best to you.
Nina, your art made me smile, thanks.
FYI: New posting -
http://pashupatisasana.blogspot.com/
respects,
bholanath
Nina,
We had 2 guinea pigs, Chocolate and Caramel. Cute as buttons.
For some reason I just saw the picture.
It makes me think of the movie Bolt
"we need more speed", "I'll get my ball"
A nice memory!
So the next BP "solution," the top-kill method, has failed.
What an F'ing surprise.
I suddenly realized how absurd and melodramatic my own personal drama is:
so there are sociopaths in corporations - it really isn't personal that one might have picked on me. So my wife doesn't understand the dire situation of our planet, nation, state, city, and family: most people don't get it.
So I'm almost out of ice-cream (just-kidding), etc.
Meanwhile, the true eco-terrorists and biocidal maniacs run free, momentarily catching a bored public's attention.
I guess an entirely destroyed and sterilized sea in one of your most essential sea-food, tourist, biodiversity, and everything else regions will do that for you.
This is only the beginning of events that will start to draw the mantle away from the wizard's phoney booth, even for the mindless consuming hordes that Les Visible (and the Buddha, and Jesus, and every other spiritual leader) has written about recently. Methinks they really won't like their eyes being opened.
Well, I was saddened to see the failure of the monster to clean up its own mess, when I finally broke my media blackout.
It's my son's birthday, and he had a pretty darn good party. He got a new bike. It's my job to help him learn to ride it.
He got a fishing pole.
I tried to show him how to cast it, by casting it myself. He didn't want me to. I then tried to guide him through the motions: him holding the rod, me just guiding him.
He wanted to do it all himself, no aid. It's difficult to cast a rod: how do you know when to release that button to let the line fly?
He started to cry, and got pretty frustrated, until something else got his attention.
Well, have to go transplant plants, and keep them alive.
Burnie, thank you, this is one of the great lines I have ever read: My center is my life preserver--along with Nina's "gadget distress" which makes me smile despite all the madness and loss.
Publius, glad to hear the sociopath has been (temporarily) suppressed. Any respite is welcome.
As for your son--there is this thing called "effort shock" in that very difficult things like casting require insane amounts of effort. The taoists spoke to that, I think.... We are not engineered to enjoy an arduous long learning process.
The value of wushu (martial arts) or the trades (carpentry etc) is there is no end to improvement. Ditto writing, as I prove daily....
Thank you Nina for changing the art. It gives me something to look forward to....
Post a Comment