D E E P I N T O A R T L I F E WEST

Sunday, March 21, 2010

As the tally drones

I think I've got it ... the rain, the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain, mais oui? And the health reform bill provides millions of fresh bodies to the health industry's piggy banks which in turn by way of SCOTUS permissions, provides billions of fresh dollars to the creators of the reform bill. Whew, triangulation was never so angled, tweaked and perfectly encapsulated as it is now. Only yesterday, Visible wrote in relation to another "country", it was a business enterprise. The mention lingered subliminally until, as the terrified populations of our hiding homeless and leaking tent cities patched across the amber waves of grain and purple mountains majesties are sold up the creek again, and again, the Earth spun west and Sol radiated out from the spacious eastern skies upon us, we rise to greet the truth, and there, triangulating before our very inquiring minds on this day of the Sun lies the wheezing, ponderously massive Queen Ant of all business superpower enterprises. One hand wash the other they often say in our Rasta's reggae dreamland. One gives to another what is legally mandated to be squeezed from the penniless. It is received with fistfuls of overflowing profits which keeps our billmakers in business making bills. Need I go over this again? The triangle is composed of the health insurers glee club and big pharma making opium pie in one corner, Pelosi and the Obi-oubliettes doing a chorus line in the other. At the top, call it the amen corner, we have the SCOTUS bowing and pressing their fingertips together into steeples. In God we Trust. Open your church and where are all the people? Just for fun, imagine lots of Bald Eagles flying around the fringes for irony, like Carrier Pigeons fleshing out the good will.

So this is what we are, an enterprise. Nothing less, nothing more. Mind you, this was our country and this is why we cannot put together anything even remotely resembling the health programs of other countries. Why, its nothing like you and I were taught or thought. This is why we have these never ending wars bleeding through sovereign borders and resource rich regions, the weapons dealers (and legal drug dealers) are corporations too. The enterprise is legal, it has personhood, it speaks and writhes and hungers with desire. Obama's seat is insured. And it is not new. It was planned around the turn of the 20th Century as I understand it, we're just seeing the dorsal fins breaking the surface at last. It is the Apocalypse after all. We always sensed they were there, but nothing on the scale that we are seeing now. Its greedy, angry, pushy, Bushy, fanged and fighting killer Sharks at the high water mark of unsustainable decadence slithering though your bedroom window, hiding in your refrigerator, ready to jump out from your kitchen cupboards, breeding in your bathtubs. If you are like me, you used to have a life that didn't include them. In fact, you probably had a wonderful life until Gore backed away from challenging his conniving opponents. Little did we realize what was going on as we lived and pursued our dreams, our goals, never thinking it would one day all, ALL, be taken away and denied the right of return, ever. Even water, God-given water, is not a right simply because its all about the money. We would have lots of money if we did not pursue these wars and bailouts, the triangulation of the elites into a business enterprise that in no way resembles anything we have any familiarity with at all, keeping their representatives in power to politicize the rips. All those pretty malls? Zombie Food Courts my friends, training camps for the trainees, places where you were to become inured to pain, watch romance films, grab a happy colada and mingle with the consuming throngs as the tour boat's bullhorn fed you the propaganda mantras and your bank accounts were vacuumed. You learned to ignore living as a commodity.

In a way, this Big Mac of a bill on TV, bought and sold, dealed and resurrected to deal again, is worse than Mr. Paulson's 15 minutes in that its one of those unwanted gifts that keeps on giving although we will admit the havoc those 15 minutes created globally has a similar property. By this late date, no doubt there are thousands of fringe industries working the sidelines greasing palms, facilitating.

As the yays and ups are cast, need we wait for its known outcome? Over the past month we have watched in wonder as many an unusual pairing came to the fore ... Dennis and Barack, Barack and the Hispanic senators, "You want immigration reform? Fine, give me your votes and we'll have any reform you want." Don't think that Biden was actually embarrassed either, what came out of his red face was designed to create yet another illusion, all the better for the trainees studying at the ZFC. Nothing was overlooked. In fact, they know all about peak everything too or they would not have triangulated together to feed on the carcass of civilization, blood on their faces, jackals weaseling a taste between the slippery snouts of rabid crocodiles and swarms of killer bees.

Seeing it this way, we ask what could possibly lie ahead now? It doesn't look good from here. I dread this bill the way I dread an attack on Iran. Considering all of it is just a dream, a nightmare, considering this space in time is a relative nanosecond in the journey of the soul, considering this portion of the journey is about learning lessons and what is life if it is not about learning, the consequences of being a miserable cog in a leviathan business enterprise, we will endure it and move past it for it holds nothing for us anymore. It is a mere rock on the path, you can kick it with your shoe and keep going toward that better place. And when you come to a wall of sheer granite, again, the measure of your character developed through the trials and sufferings of this particular trip will aid you in finding your way home.

I hear the applause in the distance now, Pelosi is rolling out her high moral carpet, bloviating about healthcare as a right not a privilege. I believe its time to pray.

38 comments:

Timster said...

Excellent! Couldn't agree more.

Jacob Gittes said...

What really gets me is that my "liberal" friends think I'm a tea party activist or something for opposing this monstrous reform bill. "It's a step in the right direction!", they chant.

They are lemmings. Do they really have faith in the BAU wizards behind the curtain? As most of them are agnostics or dry atheists, their faith leads me to believe that it is a substitute faith for the traditional one they lost.

Perfect sacrifices, all of them. Virgins being thrown in the volcano.

All this talk of "rights" to health care make me a bit nauseated, to be honest. There are even more fundamental rights to not be tortured or held in prison without a write of habeas corpus, and more... all of which are not just ignored, but willfully abused.

So what's up with all this gullible rights talk by the liberals?

chickory said...

really. one wonders, how much cheaper it might be to just make it an actual free system? its so freaking convoluted you might elect to drop dead then fill out the reams of paper work or who knows what kinds of gauntlets might have to be run to receive your health token. but when you say delivering the piggies to the corps (corpse) you hit it straight on.

Anonymous said...

Reporting in from Rasta Reggae Dreamland.

More later.

turey.

Jacob Gittes said...

Turey,
You made it! Yeah. Someone has escaped the clutches of the beast.
Give us the story, morning glory.
Just listening to Dylan, Telltale Signs, out-takes. Good stuff.
Rough and full of grit and despair. Very fitting as we await the witching hour...
Hopefully the tricksters are about to be tricked themselves by the Fortuna. She can't be controlled, she can't be conned.

nina said...

turey, are you really there? Let me echo Publius, we're very excited and hope you will spill all the details very soon. Hope you can make the pilgrimage to St. Ann right away to clear your head and cleanse your spirit.
Oh do I wish I was there now.

nina said...

Timster, Publius, Chickory, its not a sudden realization we are a business enterprise, more like a decades long creeping series of events that says this is where we are going and its completely unstoppable now, thanks to the Supremes. What will we end up with? A sickly, indebted dying lower class and a majority of wealthy healthies. Then comes only one class, richy richs. I suspect not even the incarcerated will be treated with an aspirin.

nina said...

Its certainly a clever way to dump the trash.
All those useless eaters and gaping maws ...
they might as well just enforce mass tattooing of DNR on the soles of our feet.

Pangolin said...

Help, I'm trapped in a Simon and Garfunkel album!

The whole point of this Wagnerian rhapsody is to maintain the illusion that there is some kind of "free-market" system functioning in the U.S. when there is no such beastie. We are allowed to freely trade beads and baubles, massages and yoga classes (except where regulated) among ourselves. The rest is subject to regulation, certification boards, monopolies, trade policies, tariff's, taxes outright criminal bans or other forms of government control.

The American health care system was/is so inefficient that it was headed the way of GM and the housing loan market. It also happens to be one of the last great profit centers of "capitalism." All of this is to maintain the illusion of independent "free-market" operators. To hide the strings enough for some people to get very wealthy and many people to be forced into servitude or worse.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain....

"And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said, "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls"
And whispered in the sounds of silence"-ibid

v'word oracle offers: pokerm

nina said...

A friend of ours had a triple anurism. He was hospitalized in a coma for a good while and sent home. He appears partially healed, but there are some residual issues. Price tag: $400,000.
He is an older unemployed musician living at his mother's home and has no assets at all. None. His hospital bill, therefore vanished.

Now, with this healthcare reform, he'd be fined for not carrying insurance, and unable to pay the fine, incarcerated for evading penalties. Looks like debtor's prison comes to the 21st century.

All the thousands of "nonviolent" prisoners that were released because their states were broke was for naught. By 2015, the joints will be jumping again. Besides, the states need free labor to repair the infrastructure, chain gang style.

Pangolin, you might like The Boy in the Bubble better. Slip Slidin Away is awfully wonderful too.

Susannah said...

Now I don't follow American internal policies - just not into pain enough to do that, but correct me in my understanding. You, the American people are forced to pay for health care even if your preferred treatment is not available under this system.

So in the case of my family, who all treat our illness via herbs and diet changes would be forced to pay ? so much a month and all I would get for that would be deadly pharma cocktails.

And the people are not on the streets?
Why?
If not now then pray tell when?

nina said...

Interesting you bring up the unschooled. Tell them we are in solidarity with them. You would have to pay over a thousand ( I am easily underestimating) US dollars a month for a bargain basement family plan. It was on a "sale" advert's chart via junkmail and discarded, it was, I recall more like $1,200. And the tax ministry is the watchdog authority as I understand it. It gets weirder as I try to get it all straight, its a real mishmash porked with definitions for college tuition hikes.
There is a large reaction from the states who are being overridden and there is a serious question concerning the bill's Constitutionality.
But, while they make a big show, the masses are being told how good it is and are warming to it. It is reported they are taking a wait and see attitude. Lies. I don't know anyone who says that.
What's it going to take for people to say no? In answer to your question, yes, you would be required by law to carry health insurance. From what we have seen from health insurers in the past, nobody could see a doctor anyway because they had high deductibles and whatever reimbursement deemed eligible is partial.

nina said...

So you would think this situation a tipping point. It may be one, but not until they see how it works and they won't see it all at once, it has provisions that kick in through 2014. By 2015, there are going to be some very upset, but desperate and penniless people.

Anonymous said...

Sunrise, dogs bark. MoBay is a drive away. Can't get a hold of the vibe. A $ party is in power, development and taxes.

Got emails from family that made me shudder. Childish, irresponsible, junk collector, need meds. Threatening to toss the lot left back to be shipped. No excuse to throw away books and tools. Maybe some hate old.

Have basic cooking and tools. Soon make trip to St Elizabeth and my land. Nice 80's Toyota SW available, oil change etc, insure and license. One step at a time.

Old to gold working.

I hope you all get the choice of healer mode when the bill clarifies. Preventive medicine is first practice. As ecology and economy have parted ways, so has healing and the balance sheet. Profit guides the art.

So much possiblity here stifled by political intrusion and the burden of worn out myths. So much energy and creativity waiting for when one hand help the other.

Later, turey.

nina said...

They should be grateful you were so gracious as to leave.

Now they have the house, shouldn't that be enough?

But you are the winner here. All the joy of everyday is upon you. Insist your shipping plan is carried out and be done with them. When they behave sweetly, you'll listen.

Jah Guide.

Anonymous said...

Finishing my first carving. Old Pimento wood bowl. Lovely figured shining inside, hand form with chainsaw slashes on well weathered hardwood surface. Pics soon.

Went bush to buy wood for an order. Had to go deep to get wide and quality. The 'save seeds for me' message has gone out.

Moving into my monks room slowly, Guarded by the terrible Dexter with various puppies. Ginger Cindy slinks through the house.

Imagine, too busy for a sea bath,

A sweet afternoon breeze. Moaning like. Was howling last night. I'm on the N Coast. Treasure Beach is S and desert like.

A friend is cooling the overheated in Canada. I have no time for foolishness.

Thanks for the encouragement, All alone at 60. As if I was not always so eh!

Babylon is everywhere, here at least I have my lizard and dog friends and a seabath eventually.

FFFfff....hhhhmmm fer Baz.

turey.

nina said...

How sweet it is to see a Jamaican flag on the guest list.
I'll bet you already have more stories to share from your last comment.
turey, you are a man who says he is going to do something and he does it. Your life is an artwork.

...All alone at 60. As if I was not always so eh!...

As it is so, its helpful to remember that the same goes for everybody else, anywhere. Makes for a better work of art, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

My Native People lived art.

Stopped at the seafront by a hurricane hit road where a limestone dove cried out to be taken care of. A simple masterwork that will never reach the market. Rounded tail, the cutting edege; ponted beak, the peircer/breaker ans a depression for a lamp.

We trod these treasures on the way to fast food heavens.

Got seeds from Naseberry, Star Apple, Kushumpeng, Jimbalyn and found West Indian Cedar seeds from last trip.

MoBay city Center hot and busy, not many tourists, the backbone of the cash flow.

Seabath coming.

turey.

Anonymous said...

Pardn speln heat an lte nit.

turey.

Anonymous said...

Wow that was a big one Nina. Bien dit.
Tex is taking what Dr. Weil calls a "news holiday" i.e., tune it all out. Turn off the Teevee, radio.
Tex is planting amidst the sandstorms, and for once, he posts neither alcoholic, nor on MDMA, nor anything. The only observation Tex wishes to make as a cradle Catholic is do you note the media blitzkrieg on the Catholic church once again at Easter? Thus ever. A slavering Hebrew spitting all over himself on CNN about the RCC sex abuse? Do we ever hear anything about the same Protestant or Hebrew abuse? About all the NYC babies with STDs and herpes because of nasty rabbis sucking them off during Bris? No, Nina, youll never hear any of that.
Just plant your tomatoes, the Florida crop froze, $2 tomatoes by June.

nina said...

I never thought about the Easter timing until you mentioned it, amazing.
I'd drop tomatoes from the program except we trade with grower friends. It works out nicely, especially when they go fishing. With all your planting, do trade if you can, it really works well.
And yes Tex, the news is awful all around. The net isn't helping. Is it better to know or be ignorant in bliss? I say to know because the truth supplies healing.
About the NYC rabbis, this is the first I've heard about that too. I never went to a bris where that happened. Never. That must be something practiced by Hassidics or an Orthodox sect, branches of Judaism I am not at all familiar with. It could be lies, I don't know. I only know the recently portrayed "division" is purposefully illusory.
Anyway, thanks. You sound very together.

chickory said...

i love turey's reports!

su: i believe the game plan is to make it where we cant get access to naturopathic remedies or even vitamins in the near future. john mccain is sponsoring a bill to make vitamins and minerals by prescription only or at least much more regulated then they are now. and then there is the codex alimentarius.

nina, i agree that the end result post health care bill will be the same as it ever was (with a nod to the talking heads) ...wealth will always buy health and the rest can suck on nancy pelosi's fred flintsone gavel.

have you ever seen such a let them eat cake moment as that?

planted carrots, radish, salad greens and sweet peas (the flowers) last week. collards, cabbage and kale already in.

baz recon said...

Flipping Floppy Fish

Hey, My Native People lived art—Turey. Welcome back ... from sterilization. Goin' bit more native myself. Been saving native brown trout and eel, relocating them from dried up stream which has always flowed (8 yrs since moving from city) — drought in the far north of NZ!

Forced to pump drinking water up instead of harnessing the natural simplicity of gravity-fed water cascading down the mountainside. Alas, shame—humans and their death-ray machina in land and sky, who will blame anybody—PTB, George Bush, Phyllis Diller, or anything, rather than accept responsibility for their role in global emasculation.


All quotes are from Phyllis Diller—couldn't decide between them, as they are all so-good !

“Best way to get rid of kitchen odors: Eat out.”

“Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?”

“A bachelor is a guy who never made the same mistake once.”

“It's a good thing that beauty is only skin deep, or I'd be rotten to the core.”

“His finest hour lasted a minute and a half.”

“Aim high, and you won't shoot your foot off.”

... but seriously ...

Anonymous said...

It's really weird. Coast to Coast AM is about funerals and the rip offs.
I go for cremation! Nina, I'll try to send you references for what I said about the rebbes. I don't lie. I know that is rough, and it needs substantiation.
We need to separate the lies. I will delve through the NYT. Tex

nina said...

Oh, not you, Tex, its the media that distorts. Why this is usually comes out after a while. It always does. My suspicion is the supposed rift is another facet of the push to annoint our Nobel Laureate. He must have been in real "public perception" danger before the reform bill passed. You don't have to go to any trouble, I know a lot of high strangeness is going down.

nina said...

Chickory, you nailed it. That is the essence of Pelosyism, "Let them eat cake." Very good. Heh.

I love your new painting. After commenting on the marvel of the background wash, its the sheep's coat that gives the work such depth.

nina said...

What an interesting contribution to Nature Baz, redeeming and rewarding. Now, how do you exactly go about relocating trout and eel? Please tell all. This is exciting. You are in the midst of a terrible drought. It seems that you are restoring the balance that was destroyed by natural and mostly unnatural forces. Did you ever think this just might be your finest hour? The reason you are on Earth? A steward of the great garden?

nina said...

Does anybody know anything about Pangolin's situation this week?

Pangolin said...

Hi Nina,
I'm doing reasonably well hanging out with family. I did my first Critical Mass bicycle ride last Friday which was a blast. Bicycling is totally different with 150 other riders keeping the cars at bay.

I'm sticking my fingers in lots of pots hoping that one of the will have "what Tiggers like best."

Turey_thank you for the updates.

I'm reading Kipling's Kim and a book called Outliers: The Story of Success, by Malcolm Gladwell and realizing that the U.S. has a caste culture. Do you doubt it? Look at the people mentioned most often in the news and then look up their biographies. Yes people break out; people win lotteries also. Odd thought there.

nina said...

I love Critical Mass If you never saw it, and came across it one day, your mind is blown. Everybody outta the way! I'm sure its irritating to people who need to get somewhere, like trains, but its the future unfolding before our very eyes. There is something so beautiful about all those wheels.
What a perfect thing for you Pangolin. You sound good, something will break for you. Soon, too, its your attitude.

Jacob Gittes said...

Pangolin: I'm glad you are moving and living. You're an inspiration that way!
Met a knew friend, or rather a family recently... At a place that is like an indoor village, in what used to be a giant Sears warehouse and store (beautiful old giant art deco architecture) called the Midtown Global Market, I was in the child play area. A 1+ year old toddler came up to me and hugged me... the mother really liked that, and we ended up arranging a "play date" at a park with them. They also have a 3 year old just a big young than my son. It took a few weeks, but we had the play date with them. They are amazingly nice... the parents taught English in China for two years. The wife went to the same grad school my wife is attending... they seem very gentle, all four of them, and somehow vulnerable. They live in an apartment building, but are part of a community garden and have a 10 foot by 10 foot plot. I told her I wanted to give her some tomato seedlings from the seeds I harvested last year. I'll invite them over for a bbq in the back yard this coming week. Main point: there was just some connection to the mother and the family. She is more intuitive than I am, and gave us their number, but I made it happen. There is often a fear of the new (people, places), but with an open heart, one can tell which doors promise delight and growth, and which are simply a repetition of past behaviors that reinforce the negativity that makes our system so seemingly (but not ultimately) resistant to positive, life-giving change.

I also had a young musician singer-songwriter over for dinner on Friday. My wife was dismissive at first, and said that she didn't understand how/why I could be friends with someone "so much younger" than I am. I won't go into the details of how I find her philosophy of age differences to be disturbing or problematical, but by the end of the night, she was delighted with this young man. Both his character and musical gifts. He and his gf are also working on an organic farm/garden that supplies local restaurants. They are an amazing, and amazingly vibrant and open young couple.

There's more to the story of my wife's skepticism of age-varied friendships than I am telling, but that's another story. Chronocentrism, though, is a huge fallacy in our culture. Human souls of certain kinds and flavors are drawn to each other, and age has very little to do with it, and less so as one becomes wiser (if that happens in our infantalizing culture).

nina said...

Good Publius, you've been reaching out to your own "kind". As for Christine, I realized while reading your comment she has a lot of her parents ideas still in her. But I don't think its permanent at all.

Remember when Ran posted about visiting you? You have mentioned it too.

baz recon said...

Nature Buzzz, redeeming and rewarding ~ Now, how do you exactly go about relocating trout and eel? Tell me more, like does aah, sturdy plastic bucket—scoop them up in 3 inches water and dropping daily. Alarmarama!

By aclimatizing oneself over a little while—haha with the eels, you know handling them, getting to know them, personally, individually so that eventually they trust you. Then at that moment of complete surrendered faith & trust, hope and blah — hah gotcha !

waltz upstream a lil' bit to a much larger pond section beneath what once wuz a spectacular waterfall is now alas, nothing! Just a barren rock face with barely imperceptible traces of moisture seeping from near the base.

... and in a shallow part massage if need the fishes back to life! Being prepared even to administer CPR, if the cause should arise thankfully it didn't come to that, then ... the moment of truth—yes hallaluyah

This is exciting. You are in the midst of a terrible drought. It seems that you are restoring the balance that was destroyed by unnatural forces. Did you ever think this just might be your finest hour. The reason you are on Earth. A steward of the great garden.

nina said...

Baz, the weird thing is I believe you completely.

Pangolin said...

Baz_ Big sister of mine does salmon stream restoration on the Klamath river. It's heroic stuff in my book. Thank you for doing this.

Jacob Gittes said...

Baz: yes, your care and consideration for all these watery souls is wonderful...
Many people think creatures that are, in a cliched way "ugly", like eels (or possums, worms, etc.) are not worthy of life. Yet these ugly critters (well, ugly to some) are usually the most important species for our biosphere.
Man, I want to live out among the fields and streams!

nina said...

We are honored a keeper of the ecosystem has the grace to let us in on his efforts. You know Baz, how you go about this makes us all, well, envious. I can't think of anything more important and compassionate than relocating creatures who can't relocate themselves.
This is why humans are in the mix at all. We have hands, we are more dexterous than say, coons. In Nature, everything has a purpose. What species exists to squander other organisms?
Thanks from me too.

Anonymous said...

Nina was right, I did St Ann before St Elizabeth. Was in an exotic wood dealers paradise. West Indian mahogany and cedar of the highest quality, the rare juniper cedar, spanish elm, mahoe, etc.

Got a massive plank of cedar. Meat of a forest being. The chainsaws are doing their work. Some of the woodmen carry on the old traditions and are selective and careful. Other forces cut and clean relentlessly. Green is too far from McDonalds and concrete for some.

These planks should be used skillfuly and with high art.

How many seedlings of the rare and almost lost can I encourage while my hands grip and tongue waggles?

Still enough green to get lost for days, brown spreads relentlessly.

Little fires in the evenings, swept biomass being sent to the sky in dry yards. Separation, composting and use of mulch needed. Seeing the product is believing; Organic Jamaica. Time and patience, yes Sis, slow and stubborn does it. I may look like I'm sleepy or in a daydream sometimes. The dreams have proven their worth.

Smiling eyes are deeper in bush, green is ignored for $ and taxing the overtaxed. Anxiety shows.

About half of GDP is paid on loans taken out in the past.

Still, seeds of the ancient abound, hidden coves, untouched springs and fairy glades. It is their being under threat that inspires.

Later will be greater, nothing else is acceptable.

turey.

'whe-di' commonse sense and compassion?