Well, well, we meet again. Fancy that. I tried to get away, really, I did, but it appears I've attached myself to this drafting stool with superglue, even as its doing its BAU falling apart. This forces me to look up and grin sheepishly, at least I'm shrugging my shoulders, palms up, cuz this is a weird position to be in, isn't it. Gentlemen, ladies, its coming at us from all angles now. The smart ones got away. Yes, I know, we thought we were smart, but you see we are not. No, we are idiots. About every 20 minutes or so I achieve another insight as to how it is exactly that we find ourselves in this position. I'd put them all up for you, but I suspect you're having them too. The only way I would sum it up at this point is to acknowledge that we all-know-now. Idiots who know. Doesn't that make us credible? Nope, something is going on, it has a thousand faces, it enacts and re-enacts itself over and over, every day, in thousands of costumes so we usually don't recognize its continuing presence - because we are idiots falling for it every time. We've been led to believe we must indulge it.
What is it?
It is Greed. It lives in our mailboxes screeching for attention. If you open the flap it will explode into seven billion hands running over your body, your clothing, your mind and throttle you into immediate insanity, sometimes even death. But death is not where it stops. Not even the cessation of your existence on Planet Earth amounts to a hill of beans to Greed. Greed survives off the pyramid of normal human experience. The memorial coming up for Jocko, for example, is a panorama of Greed slavering at the trough. Where is Jocko? He won't be around for that big tour, will he. How many bets went south on that one? They have to make up those losses somehow and it is through classic, vintage BAU that is exactly the way Greed is working its magic moonwalk this time, and every time, walking on the idiots.
Like a return to the FM payola days, the hits just keep on coming.
Why Greed? Haven't we advanced beyond it by now? Greed is what you see when two Crows fight over one dead squirrel. We're supposed to be a higher, sentient species, at least that's what we've been led to believe.
How about this, nothing is what it appears. It very well may be that everything we've been led to believe is well, a lie. And why not? When someone does something they've been led to believe is wrong, they were also led to believe they must present themselves in the most flattering light in order to avoid retribution. That lovely pink light they show upon their behavior is a lie. This would mean that the very words they use to define what has taken place are at best, inappropriate words. These are words that have taken on new meaning known only to the Liar Class. Blinded by the light and the waterfall of meaningless drivel, the average listener misinterprets Liar words. When this situation occurs at the pace it is now happening, textbooks, encyclopedias and dictionaries have to be rewritten. If you are working with an outdated understanding of language, you'll think you are in-sane.
When the population of our planet was half its present count, Greed was manageable to the extent that it did not get in your face as often as it does when exponentially multiplied. If you are thinking Greed is out of control now, just wait until the next stats are out. How many Nadya Sulemans are out there birthing neonatals and decide, unknown to those of us who are presently losing our minds, arms and legs to Greed, that having eight embryos implanted will perfect their collagen cloned, faux celeb lifestyles? How many of these secret creatures live among us, designing themselves to look like someone else with fantasies a bankrupt state will supply pampers for fourteen infants on a student grant?
Why are we in Afghanistan? It wouldn't be to build and protect pipelines or anything, would it. What is an insurgent anyway? That couldn't be someone furious their home was eminent domained because they happened to live where the pipelines snake through their land, naaaaw...
Greed works to redefine intention and reactions. They'll need to rewrite the laws now. Obviously, what was once criminal is now legal. What was legal is now criminal. We could do the rewrite for them. Just turn it all inside out and you have it. A toxic asset is now a desirable purchase. Foreclosure is redistribution. Torture is no and no is yes. Death is a winning credit default swap. Greed is good.
17 comments:
Most Saturdays I stand a half-hour's peace vigil on a busy corner of my Nor-Cal town. At 44 I'm usually the youngest of the eight or nine regulars. Half of them are Quakers and the rest of mixed philosophy. It's hopeless, pointless, defiance against an uncaring corporate monster. We get shouts and honks of support but rarely does a new face join us.
The pod-people don't care enough to come after the holdouts. We don't matter enough to even bother anymore. The wars are no longer about pipelines or even oil; we lost. They are about losing face when there is nothing but reputation to trade. We are selling the grain from the empty silos of the future so we have to show we do stupid things long after the original impetus looks to be idiocy.
We get tired of hearing bad notes played on the same cracked piano of propaganda. Then we wonder if we are crazy when we notice we're the only ones in the rooms wincing. Am I crazy or are they crazy? Can't they hear this? Can't they see?
I am SO there......with you..... in spirit.
Did you read Junk Fee Revolution: Government Is an Enterprise, Too today? If Charles already has something new up, you'll find it under This Month's Entries lower down the page.
Heavy.
Speaking with a buddy this afternoon whom I know does not go online, out of the blue she said "Its getting scary now."
I do not think we are nuthouse crazy. I think being lied to makes us question our sanity, seeing one thing but hearing another. That is psyops, Pangolin. We are as underestimated and inconvenient as Native Americans, Palestinians, Afghans, Iraqis and any forcibly dispossessed, occupied peoples everywhere.
IMHO the junk fees are simply a way of putting off taxing the wealthy. A very few people own most of the non-housing wealth in the U.S. and an even smaller number control that wealth. This population has chosen to ignore the biblical injunction to "do not muzzle the ox that treads the grain." So they tax the common folk while the banksters ride off free.
The part of opting out that Charles doesn't mention is that folks are going to find ways around the official financial system. Barter and black markets are going to be normalized because simply paying fees-for-service simply isn't as effective as it used to be.
The anger and frustration is going to start cracking the Matrix around the edges. Weird behaviors are going to spread like wildfire as the last bits of magical thinking get worked out of the system. Then we can get down to business.
If people get as weird as the weather has been; watch out!
..."Obviously, what was once criminal is now legal. What was legal is now criminal. "
just like Animal Farm.
pity that when afghans get theirs we dont see the blueprint for when we get ours. oh but the eminent domain land grabs have already begun in earnest.
i once thought if i were younger and richer id leave. question is: where to go?
nina i wish you lived next door. then when you avoided the box we'd talk over the garden gate.
pangolin: good screen name. your armor inspires.
You echo my thoughts Ande. I'd be very happy to be where I am, its lovely here, except for the greed. The nonsense has no end in sight.
Pangolin, even way out here in peaceful rurality, the skies are crosshatched today. What, everybody else is blind or something? About chemtrails, if they were for a good reason, we'd be hearing about it night and day.
You're right about the fees for services and the rise of workarounds. By the way, my drafting chair has metal legs. The metal holes are fatigued and won't hold the screws anymore.
We had an interesting day yesterday. First a man showed up to turn off the power. I made a few frantic calls to unravel the mystery and discovered our lost payment had not been recorded in their system. Shortly after that, the TV went out, we'd been ignoring the "butterups", popups saying a payment due date was on the horizon, but not all programming went off though. I looked long enough to discover all that was on were obviously paying sponsors: China news, scrapbooking lessons, jewelry shows, making money from foreclosures and megachurch. Who is it that is behind the country music video channel? Geeze, what vaucous revolting blather. My gawd. Who is pushing this comic imitation of life as tulips and swingsets with a horse wandering through the yard and blondes fresh from the hairdresser? Are we to believe there are people out there living like this? Is this something enabled by some family values think tank?
I wanted to think it was an unusually irritating day, but it was just another day in the new world. I recall last summer chronicling the water meter that after several $300+ bills, it turned out the meter was broken.
Every day is a fight with services. There is a language barrier with them that tells you they are well prepared for your call long before you even know something is messed up.
Pangolin,
"Don't believe your own eyes."
Both the weather AND the people are getting weirder -- and meaner! -- everyday down here (105F in the shade right now). Since we're pipefed Michael Jackson stories and lies 24/7
I try to keep sane by doing a "thought experiment" daily: "How do I perceive 'now' being different from 2, 5, 10 years ago?"
Aside from my business being down 40% (& having to sell gold to stay afloat), there are now the daily drivebys, robberies, burglaries, weekly murders. You can't blame it all on the uptick in migras (who say things are far worse south of the border). Having thousands of jobless oilfield workers (after oil crashed from the Goldman Sachs-'fueled' price runup last year) needing to feed their meth habits doesn't help! Today I "perceived" that the 'proles' have switched from SUVs to motorcycles -- which they drive liked they're headed for Sturgis! Things are very different now, and yes headed uglier.
This thread has more brain-art in it than I'm used to.
Can you guyz turn down the brilliance a tad? My eyes and my brain are hurtin'.
Okay Mister Deceaux, please hold while I locate your account history. There is an additional fee for stupider service. Do you want to take care of that by e-check or credit card? If you're a homeowning idiot on the go, we also offer Premium Green Cretin Service. For your convenience, PGCS qualifies our members for environmentally-friendly, paperless E-Z monthly payment by direct withdrawal from your personal checking account at a reasonable fee plus variable interest.
I notice that "EVERMORE" (PAINTING AT THE TOP)--is getting larger, closer perhaps.
Does what is happening--getting more in your face--have to happen so blatantly as a last chance for people to see-- or is it just the stampede that has always gone through homes of family's throughout history--trampling everything in it's path.
What were the people who knew what was coming thinking as it was happening--Hawaii, Choctaw, Cheyenne, Russians under Stalin, Chinese under
Mao, Vietnamese under Kmer Rouge, Incas under the Spanish, Iraqi's and Afghani's under, guess who, Palestinians under the "chosen"----the list goes on and on -- they were all trampled under foot-crushed, humiliated-what makes us think we are any different
And, those are the ones we know about--military vs military--military vs civilians (you know, terrorists)
Now, how many economies/civilizations were strangled economically--with precision, looted from within and without--no armies marching over the horizon to shoot at, or avoid?
Economies looted, sold out to the only bidder--for free
How much is enough when all you've got isn't enough for them?
They already print the money, they already own all the land--you just don't know it--they control the food, oil, water
When did the robber decide to not just take all you have, he turned into a rapist---when he had more than could ever be used, stacked to the heavens, he decided he still wanted more---
He pulls people out of their houses in the middle of the night and sets the fire--he doesn't want what you have, he wants to make sure that you don't have it--wants you to know who is in control---he is a spineless little man, but he has the guns and the butter--
As you sit there helpless, he rapes your children--with no emotion, it's not about his pleasure, it is about his power--it is complete--snuffing the life out of everything he sees--slowly, deliberately--and then on to the next--
The houses he burns keep getting larger--the children he rapes, younger---yet never large or young enough---
Make it last baby--slowly torture, keep em' looking out the front window, wondering when their number is up--
The complaint department is closed today......and every day.
Verification Word: Sunsu
Jj
How hard is it to just stop participating?
Are we really that much like sheep or mice, who can't not take the bait, the cheese?
Where is our courage? Our bravery? Is there anything to even fight, except by not giving "it" our strength and energy and skills?
A friend of mine, a fellow prepper I thought, seemed surprised last evening when I told him that I did not buy anything that was not a necessary item, with an exception once in a while for used vinyl LPs. "Nothing?" he asked, taken aback?
"Well, that's the goal. That's what I shoot for."
Futile? Perhaps, but I enjoy life more that way.
The river, the fish in the river that I release after catching (yes, I know it's kinda cruel, but at least they get a workout), the streets free for riding a bike on - the multitudes of things I can build or fix with the junk I already have acquired - all free.
Electricity isn't free yet, but I'm working on that... trying to develop a solar cell using copper plates and off-the-shelf chemicals and parts.
Is something big and dramatic really coming? Maybe we think so because it would be better than just waiting around day after day while the People of the world are picked off one at a time by drones, incursions, and false-flag snipers....
Publius- It is admirable to step off the treadmill (once a punishment for criminals btw) and create your own reality as much as possible. So much of what people buy is really un-needed. Personally I haven't purchased a single music CD, data file, movie, or what have you in some six years. If I require music I fiddle with the radio or go downtown. No cable, still on dial-up. I cook my own food in cast iron pans yet.
It's pretty difficult to not buy fresh socks and underwear yearly or jeans. Somebody will demand rent of some sort even if your "rent" is moving the camper daily. The bike needs the occasional part. Milk still comes from the standard sources although eggs, bread and veggies I network locally.
The hardest thing for me to manage is that I still have minor children and I have to care for them or write very large checks every month. A reality that does not allow for the fair provision of children isn't very realistic or sustainable for the majority. That's where they get us; we care for our children, elderly and families and it's a weak spot.
It makes you really understand the role of religious renunciates in the social movements of the past. It's good to have a hard core that can go all out.
Nina,
Couldn't post at Smoking M., all day long, so I'll try here... I know LV is sporadic about getting to his hundreds of emails...
I think he _really_ pissed of the PTB with his essay this morning... tell him "comments" section of his blog has been blocked... all day!
To condense what I said, and it also peripherally applies to yr own most recent essay...
Yes, the US gov't is a crack whore and much worse. It is a worldclass banana republic that transfers its debts to others at gunpoint & we are all culpable if we participate in the Great Consumer Machine. LV appends to some Collective Mind I was not aware of (being an avowed atheist). Every morning the family is discussing something and then up pops something on SM or DIALW that is exactly what we were discussing... beforehand. Wife said this morning, "The US is nothing but a banana republic that kills and swills at will", cute, and then I get online an hour later and there is Les' thing about the crackwhore. Wow! What's going on??
Are we all tuned into some common wavelength? I don't think there is a god, but something weird is going on.
Night before last my laptop gave out. Was promised a replacement tomorrow. Using my companion's system to post this, but he needs it. Sigh ... bear with me please.
Love, nina
Nina not hooked up to the life support system.........perhaps it's like the fish who crawled up out of the sea and developed lungs and grew legs....then again, maybe that's BS........
Jj
Nina,
Just got an email from dadnerd that he dictated to Carole for our consumption--I sent it on to you and les--
Wanted to post here in case you can't get to your email yet--
He is doing better and will be out of the hospital in a few days--
I look forward to seeing his words on the screen--He and Carole were very moved by the outpouring of love from all quarters--as was I.
He plans on posting when they can prop him up in front of the computer--
Jj
Put everyside aside for Dadnerd....
He is an original, and I dont even know him.
I have felt very "unwelcome" here, it is just a 'vibe' I have..... but Im straight 'on' when it comes to Dadnerd... he is real people.......
"Tex"
Post a Comment